Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legerman Academy

Go down 
+7
WhatIsMyPurpose
Celo "The Moms"
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
Absolutely not Prussian
Tyrantlizardking
JunkMail
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zar
Newborn
Zar

Legerman Academy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 8:52 pm

I'll try to make a post later. Don't progress anything without me Razz

Also, Darkel, where should Claire be in this scene? I think she should probably be standing off to the side somewhere, watching the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 10:00 pm

Yeah the works.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Hey hey hey it's me fat albert, are like, teacher characters allowed? o: I have a couple oldies (that I was tryin to make sheets for the last time and fell behind Razz) and I think one would work good as a teacher and the other as maybe a bus driver or custodian!
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 2:21 am

Yeah teachers are definitely allowed. PM me your ideas bruh. There wouldn't be many bus drivers though considering students live on campus. Unless it's just a campus bus lol.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 am

Well, if anyone wants to try to be friends with Scylla, now would be a good time to console him. He's sitting down in the far back of the room having a meltdown. By default Honey's going to eventually find him, so anyone who talks to Scylla can expect to run into Honey, too.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 3:19 am

I'm gonna try to wait for other people to post. But if the wait is too long I'm gonna go ahead and move forward, or else things will die out. No rush but please don't leave me hanging if you plan to participate lol.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:30 am

OK I know you said PM you but I just finished these and I wanna splat them somewhere so HERE YA GOOOO and if it's not gonna work out just tell me xD I was thinking Joy could be a student teacher or something, either in one of the power management classes or just in a regular old class like math or something cause she works in an office with accounts and stuff. And Jimmy could be one of the campus custodians? Howzat sound!

ALSO SORRY ABOUT INCONSISTENT PERSONALITY/BIO FIELD LENGTHS~

And I'm worried about Joy and Jimmy being a little OP so lemme know if I need to tweak them o: I'm not planning to make either of them very skillful fighters though, the one is all offense no defense and the other's all defense no offense.

~~~

General Information
Full Name: Joyce Neer (goes by ‘Joy’)
Alias: Killjoy
Pronouns: She/her/hers

Appearance
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 160 lbs
Physical Description: Tall, dark and tired. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Attire: A broad-shouldered gray jacket with dark slacks and a striped, slightly tacky tie. At home she wraps her hair back with a handkerchief.

Personality
Outward Personality: At work, Joy wears a simple broad-shouldered suit with a striped tie. At home she forgets to change out of it. She slouches, she stares into space, and her morose dark eyes seem to droop if you look at her for long enough. But she isn’t sad – just uninterested. That all goes away when she’s blowing things up. Blowing things up is immensely gratifying stress relief, and Joy would recommend it to anyone and their grandkids.
*Inward Personality: Sometimes Joy wonders if she isn’t in some kind of crisis. Yesterday morning she woke up and realized that most of the clothes she owned were black, or a very dark gray, and she doesn’t know if that means anything or if she should talk to someone. She’s good at her office job, and doesn’t want anything more out of it, but shouldn’t she? Joy doesn’t like to talk about where she sees herself in five years, because she sees herself in the same darn place. Is this the high point of her career? But she’s only 32 years old. Is this where her life ends – in the middle? She didn’t used to think so hard about who she was.

Joy’s decided that, to keep these kinds of thoughts from getting to her, she has to keep herself busy. She’s good at keeping busy. She’s articulate and can really sit down and concentrate on a problem; she was hired for it. Joy started watercolor classes on the weekends and it’s very relaxing. Maybe someday she’ll find a good, fulfilling use for her ability to blow stuff up. Maybe that would help with the occasional ball of frustration that rolls up inside her. Do you think superheroes get psychiatrists?
/Skills: Accounting, people skills, critical thinking, interior decorating, watercolor.

History
/*Bio: Little Joy Neer first discovered her abilities at age 7, when she drank a bit of expired milk and threw the carton violently away. She was aiming for the trashcan but missed by about half a mile. Joy hasn’t told anyone the story of how she got her powers, but it’s not some mysterious tragedy, she just thinks it all came from drinking sour milk and no one would let her hear the end of a stupid freakin secret origin like that.

Her parents were hard workers, but only her mom stuck around to pass that on to Joy. At 29 she scored a stable job as an office clerk and has risen just about as far as she ever dreamed to. Hey, $30,000 a year is nothing to spit at, and she makes enough to give her mom a few nice vacations (in lieu of grandchildren).

Joy wouldn’t have gotten into the superhero business if she hadn’t been in a café when a young, foolish Ursa busted in trying to rob the place. Joy took the kid under her wing and found the Legerman Academy to give Ursa a place in the world. Joy applied to be a teacher – for her own guidance as much as for those of the next generation of Changelings.

Also – an old friend of hers joined up with the Primacy a few years back. They still talk often, and with all the personal stuff Joy’s going through, some of the stuff she’s hearing in her friend’s emails is starting to make a disturbing amount of sense.

/*Family: She calls mom every once in a while but doesn’t really know what to talk about. Maybe she’ll visit, once she gets some time off.

/*Home: Out of state. Joy has a nice apartment though, which she shares with Frito. She's subleasing it for a year or so while she's deciding if she wants to stick with this teaching job at Legerman.

Faction
Species: Changeling
Allegiance: Primacy (secretly)

Powers
*Power Class: Elemental
*Power Description: Fires destructive 'bullets' by shaping her hand like a pistol, with any from 0 to 5 finger 'barrels.'

Zero fingers - a souped-up punch. The wake could knock over a recycling bin at twenty paces, I guess. (ZERO FINGA SUPA PAAAWNCH)

One finger - a light gunshot. The bullets aren’t actual, physical bullets, just packets of force, so you could get hit with one and not get pierced, you'd just take the hit. (ONE FINGA PISTOOOOOOL)

Two fingers - a more powerful shot that explodes on impact. (TWO FINGA BLASTU SHAAAAWT)

Three fingers - a heat laser that burns through metal, scars rock, and ignites flammable targets. (TREE FINGA... DEATH LAYZAAAAA!!)

Four fingers - nuclear railgun or something. It won't be used in this RP cause she doesn’t know how to do it yet :P. (FO FINGA... ATOMICU... RAAAAAAILU!!)

Five fingers – I dunno, some kinda gravity well or antimatter thingy. It won’t be used in this RP cause she doesn’t know how to do it yet :P. (FIVE FINGA BLACK HOLE CLAAAAW!!)

More powerful attacks drain Killjoy's energy more rapidly (a three-finger laser will pretty much wipe her out after a few seconds). She isn't immune to her own attacks, either; a two-finger shot that explodes too close to Killjoy will stun or injure her just like it would anyone else, and she tries not to punch too hard for fear of breaking her hands.

Killjoy can also clasp her hands together when she punches/shoots to soup up the power output. But that also tires her out more quickly.

Miscellaneous
Key: Curse
Other: "I guess I should explain how I did that but I ain't gonna. I mean, I have powers, but I haven't told Frito or Jimmy my... Oh my God, do I have to call it an origin story? So I'm sure not telling you."

~~~

General Information
Full Name: Frita Deguerra (hates going by ‘Frito’)
Alias: Ursa
Pronouns: She/her/hers

Appearance
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 110 lbs
Physical Description: Angry little squirrel with red hair and freckles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Attire: A white tank top and baggy jeans. A pair of bulky sports gloves strap on to her forearms.

Personality
Outward Personality: If she comes off as surly, snappy, or confrontational, it’s just because she’s surly, snappy, and confrontational. Frito’s a teen. Strangers’ve always treated her like – well, like a girl who inexplicably has the arms of a freakin bear, and it shows in her face and the way she acts around people she doesn’t like. Which is most people, at least before she gets to know them better.
*Inward Personality: Frito doesn’t mean to act so ticked off all the time, that’s just who she is. She’ll open up to just about anybody, in a sarcastic kind of way, but she frustrates even her best friends on a regular basis, just by being blunt and sometimes even rude. But that’s starting to change a bit now. Frito used to be real sensitive about her arms, but now that she’s in the Academy she’s feeling a little different about the situation. She’s starting to think maybe she could be a hero after all, and the arms are a good thing. Optimism is a new thing to Frito and she kinda likes the taste! It feels like dancing in your brain…
/Skills: Athletics, breaking things, cooking (and eating), slam poetry.

History
/*Bio: Frita Deguerra was going through the ‘dark’ phase when a kid feels the need to be the villain of the piece (having two devilish younger sisters didn’t help). And she almost was, too; one Christmas a sour young Frito was gifted what looked like just a trinket from a silly magic shop, and wished for the power to kill people with her bare hands. Maybe it was some kind of Monkey’s Paw deal, or maybe the trinket just misheard, but 8-year-old Frito came out of that deal saddled with two big grizzly bear arms from the elbow down.

Her parents hung on for a few years, homeschooling the girl, keeping her in the attic and hoping no one ever found out their child was some kinda mutant, but as Frita grew up the cruelty of younger siblings and social isolation got to her in a bad way. The bear hands were ruining her life and her parents’ marriage. 5 years, many shouting matches, and several clawed couches later, Frito went ‘beast mode’ for the first time and hurt one of her sisters badly. Everyone was scared and angry, Frito included, and by nightfall she was out on the street with her arms under a trash bag.

As a wise man once said, “life isn’t easy for a 13-year-old with bear hands and nowhere to go.” Two years passed that Frito doesn’t like to remember. Eventually she figured out that there were only two things in the world for someone like her: she could become a superhero, or a supervillain. And being a hero was hard. It was then that she tried to rob the café and first met Killjoy, who took immediate command and shouted that it was just her younger cousin pulling a prank before dragging Frito out of the store by her neck. Frito and Killjoy had a talk, there were tears, there was almost a hug, and then the girl had a place to stay and someone to look after her. Because Killjoy agreed with Frito – you can’t work an ordinary job with hands like those – she took the girl to the Legerman Academy in the hopes that it’d make something good of her.

/*Family: Frito hasn’t talked to her family in years. She went back to the house once but someone else lives there now. Frito still has cell numbers and email addresses, but it’d weird for her to think about, so she keeps to herself. Maybe when she’s a big-shot hero…

/*Home: Frito lived with Killjoy in her apartment. Now, of course, she has a dorm at Legerman.

Faction
Allegiance: Neutral

Powers
*Power Class: Form
*Power Description: Cursed forever with bear arms, from the elbow down. Frito wears big old gloves most of the time and can't do a lotta stuff very well, like texting or opening car doors.

With her gloves on she can pack a mean punch (for someone her size), and with her gloves off she can shred or maul targets – anything that your average grizzly could rip through, so can she, but with less beefy shoulder muscles. Every once in a while she’ll sharpen her claws on trees or old furniture.

Frito pretends she has this ‘bear-sense’ thing going on but doesn't actually have any other bear-related abilities, senses, or affinities.

If she gets too stressed or ticked off, Frito might slip into what she calls the ‘beast mode,’ which is one part having aminal hands and two parts teen angst. In the beast mode she’ll blindly lash out at anything around her for about five minutes, shrugging off pain, then later she'll be real tired and remember it all as this kind of hazy dream. The only way she can do this on command is if she works herself up by attacking stuff. Again, not a ‘bear’ thing, she just has anger issues. :P

Miscellaneous
Other: "i guess i should report mission progress and continue... my uhhh, tactical renaissance!!!"

~~~

General Information
Full Name: James Burbanks (goes by 'Jimmy')
Alias: Nice Catch Man
Pronouns: He/him/his

Appearance
Height: 5’8”
Weight: 230 lbs
Physical Description: Big happy potato. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Attire: A polo or one of his old baseball jerseys. Khakis that are a little too short. Black cleats and an old cap that was once white.

Personality
Outward Personality: Jimmy’s the nicest guy. He’s quiet, but he’ll talk if he pegs you as someone who likes to be asked things or to hear stories. He’s comfortable in charge, but likes to let other people lead, too. All in all Jimmy’s the kinda guy that just wades through life and lets it pass around him; he’s slow, but always gets to where he’s going, and does it with a smile.
*Inward Personality: Jimmy loves kids, much more than adults. There’s something a lotta people lose when they grow up, Jimmy thinks, and it’s something he’d like to help give back to the world. He gets frustrated with certain types of people – people who think they can boss others around, and don’t worry about what everyone else wants. But he doesn’t let it show. Jimmy truly conquered his anger long ago. It comes and goes but it passes right through him like wind through the grass.
/Skills: Coaching, cooking, gardening.

History
/*Bio: All of James Burbanks’ earliest memories involve in some way the great game of baseball. He was clumsy and fat and couldn’t make the school team but he tried every year, and nobody dared made fun of him for it cause James was a huuuge bully. He would fight and spit and poke fun for no reason at all other than he could. Some kids…

But Jimmy remembers the exact moment he grew up. “Saint” Miguel Barzega, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], was a Changeling and one of the greatest names in baseball, though the Saint swore he never touched his powers on the diamond. If you asked Jimmy, he was the best ever to play the game. Jimmy wanted so badly to be able to go to one of his hero’s games. He stole from his parents’ wallets; he took his classmates’ lunch money; he lied and cheated and even shoplifted to get enough cash to buy a ticket. The night before the game the Saint came to little Jimmy in a dream. They talked. Jimmy woke up scared and confused and ashamed at what he’d done. He ripped up the ticket he’d done so much to get and was ready to denounce his hero and run away and never come back. Jimmy crept out of the house and made it all the way into town, but stopped at the corner at the sounds of cheering sports fans. Through a nearby pub window, Jimmy watched on TV as Saint Miguel smiled, waved, and pointed to the camera. Right at me, the boy thought. Then the pitcher pitched and Saint Miguel swung.

The announcers were speechless. The crowd went dead silent. One team gasped, and the other booed. The pub exploded with sound and motion. But Saint Miguel just stood there in the middle of it all and smiled. He’d cracked the bat in six pieces and sent the ball flying farther than humanly possible, out of the stadium, up above the clouds, a blip in the distance.

Jimmy just stared. Then he thought to turn around, and looked up, and squinted; he lifted a hand skyward to block out the sun, and felt a thwump that jarred his arm, shocked him near to death, and threw him to the pavement. Jimmy looked down at his hand and saw it was clutching a baseball, still hot and steaming from that incredible swing.

Saint Miguel had used his powers to hit a ball just for him. He couldn’t believe it; he sat there and cried and beat the sidewalk with his fists. He wailed out apology after apology for everything he’d done, every kid he’d bumped into in the hallway, every cent of money he’d taken, every unkind word he ever said. He knew he didn’t deserve that ball, but the Saint had believed in him. That last swing ended Miguel Barzega’s career; he’d broken his agreement to keep the Changeling powers off the field, and he’d done it with a smile.

Jimmy got a job as quick as he could and over the school year he paid back every single kid he’d ever wronged, with interest. He acted different, too. Everyone at school noticed, and at first they were scared and weirded out. His parents noticed, too, but couldn’t make heads or tails of this strange new boy who’d replaced little James Burbanks. But Jimmy just kept being the best he could be, and ever since that impossible hit and equally impossible catch, he never failed to catch anything else ever again – nor did he forget Saint Miguel’s smile as he ended his career to save a little kid’s future.

Jimmy kept that ball always. He kept playing baseball, too, and even made it to the big leagues – but only for just long enough for the brief spurt of fame to crucify him. Jimmy was still heavy and clumsy and couldn’t throw for squat but he caught everything that came near him, no matter what. When they asked jokingly if he was some kinda Changeling, he didn’t lie, and that was the end of that. But Jimmy went out with a smile. He hopes that, someday, he can make a league just for Changelings, because everyone should be able to play a game they love.

That’s when Jimmy B came to the Legerman Academy. He’d always liked kids. He’d hoped to teach sports, but there weren’t any openings, so a custodian was the best Jimmy could do. But he’s happy;  he coaches the little leagues in his free time, and won’t have anything for it but that his team retires [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and that the kids know why.

/*Family: Jimmy has a mom back home and a couple younger brothers out making their names somewhere.

/*Home: Jimmy grew up in the great state of Massachusetts. He lives in a grand old house he bought in one payment back when he was almost famous. It’s too big for him, but it’s an awful pretty house and has too many memories to sell.

Faction
Allegiance: Neutral

Powers
*Power Class: Physiological
*Power Description: Can catch anything. The limits on this power are a little hazy, but it's almost entirely a defensive ability, and NCM can still be hurt by the things he catches.

When fired at with an automatic weapon, for instance, NCM can move in a blur to catch the bullets - but they will still hurt him, so he wears a special heavy-duty glove. He can catch stuff with other parts of his body, too, but the glove’s his only special protective gear. In recent years, though, he's started to slip - the old muscle memory's not what it used to be, so if he ever tries to pull a high-exertion stunt like that again then a lot of the projectiles would make it through.

NCM can grab onto larger objects, but if he's not strong enough to lift them (or resist being squashed into the pavement), it’s strike three for Jimmy B.

He can trap small amounts of fire or other energy to keep it from getting past him but isn't protected against it, and could theoretically trap air to make a vacuum in a ball inside his hands, but not to an extent that realistically would ever be useful.

He can catch himself by wrapping his arms around his body to abruptly (and sometimes painfully) stop a fall.

He can't know to catch something he doesn’t see coming, so sucker punches are game.

He also can't catch things that aren’t coming right at him. Though NCM can move in a blink to snag a falling coffee mug or block a punch, if a baseball is gonna fall 90 yards away he has to be able to run the distance himself - no small task for a guy of his build!

It should also be noted that, though he can catch anything, the guy can't throw for jack squat. Which is partially why his baseball career ended when it did.

Miscellaneous
Other: "WELL SURE I'LL TELL YA WHY, SAINT MIGUEL MAY NOTTA BEEN THE VERY BEST AT PLAYIN THE GAME, BUT HE... WAS THE GREATEST GUY WHO EVER PLAYED IT..."

Last edited by MataRahi on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:45 pm

Ok looking good, just had a few notes.

The teacher should also live on campus, along with all the others. Legerman is a private military academy and not a regular school. All employees and students live on campus. Since the school is placed out in the middle of nowhere on purpose. Students are required to live in dormitories along with all the other students. Teachers have their own housings on campus. The "home" section was mainly intended for human or other special characters that weren't involved in day-to-day campus life or live at Legerman. (Such as a school visitor or opponent)

For Jimmy, in the Allegiance section, I assumed it was a mistake, but if he's a Changeling, normally it would say Primacy. The Primacy is the new Changeling order and government or "empire" if you will. The Fellowship is the remnant of humans in America, but living under dictatorship. The Fellowship is essentially "racist" against the Changelings and kill them on sight. So it wouldn't make sense for Jimmy to have allegiance to them haha. Everyone in the academy *should* be under Primacy allegiance due to Legerman Academy being a Primacy-funded school made for the training of Changelings into the Primacy's military.

Jimmy's powers are good, and I find them very interesting. It could also help the sports of the academy get developed more. However, the whole stop/starting time is a little OP. As is him catching "everything". I think if you took it down to him being able to catch anything, it would be better. That way he doesn't catch a hundred bullets all at once and a human character would be able to stand against him somewhat or at least post a threat, no matter how insignificant. And the time thing, I'm not sure what you could reduce that to but it seems a bit OP and should probably be reduced somehow.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Ok! I'll switch her housing over...

Aaaah I got those two mixed up xP So we're in Primacy territory? I'll change Jimmy to neutral!

I'll just take out the time stopping thing, that was mostly for the 'catching a break' pun anyway, lol Razz @the bullet thing, yeah, he's able to catch anything but not everything, do you want me to make it so he doesn't move so fast to catch a buncha bullets all at once, so like he could only catch singular bullets? O:
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:00 pm

It'd probably be ok if he caught multiple bullets, just not all of them lol.

And yeah Primacy = Changelings. Legerman is in southern Texas, which is Primacy territory. The Fellowship is in the north and Fellowship = Humans.

I think you're good for acceptance now lol. You can go ahead and post.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:01 pm

YAAAAY I'll make it so he's starting to slip cause he's gettin oooold, lol~
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Also does anyone want Frito for a roommate? :p
Back to top Go down
WhatIsMyPurpose
Newborn
WhatIsMyPurpose

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Akira wrote:
The dorms are arranged in suite-dorm style. Each student has a personal dorm that’s connected to a front room that has three other dorms connected to it. This entire area is a suite, meaning the student usually has up to three suitemates. Suitemates can vary in age, but the school does try to pair suitemates of like ages or power classes together. The male and female dorms are separate from each other, but the layout of the dormitories are alike. The dormitories can be found near each other at the southern part of campus. The campus dorms can house up to 2500 people - 1250 males and 1250 females.

Darkel, does this actually mean you can have four roommates?
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Oh hey we could have like all of us in the same dorm xD
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 9:45 pm

okaaaay internet is limited, but I'll try and get in some sheets tomorrow before I go to help at my aunt's church (I volunteered for some things). Sorry for not posting until now; it's been rather hectic moving everything.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Zar
Newborn
Zar

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 10:05 pm

I hope it's okay that I made a reference to Thomas interacting with Riley in the original Legerman, we could probably keep that canon Razz

And third sheet coming soon, this one's going to be interesting... Darkel and I have some good stuff in mind!
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Zar wrote:
I hope it's okay that I made a reference to Thomas interacting with Riley in the original Legerman, we could probably keep that canon Razz

And third sheet coming soon, this one's going to be interesting... Darkel and I have some good stuff in mind!
Holy frog thank you so much Zar - you made it a 100 x's easier for me just now and cut off a huge portion of time spent trying to figure out how to transition into the IC. You're awesome ;v;

I want to get a sheet for a teacher up tomorrow, but for now.... *lazily copy-pastes Riley's sheet*

General Information
*Full Name: Riley Elizabeth Hewitt
Alias: Riley
*Sex: Female

Appearance
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 120 lbs
Physical Description: Riley is of average build and average height for someone of her age. She has tan skin and a light dusting of freckles across her nose. Riley has an oval-shaped head that is framed by straight, dark brown hair which extends to her shoulders. Her large eyes are dark brown. Riley has a pointed chin and thin lips that are usually curled up in a sly smile. She has a large birthmark on her right forearm, but no other notable characteristics such as scars, piercings, or tattoos.
Attire: Clothing-wise, Riley prefers to wear whatever will keep her from standing out. Her usual wardrobe consists of skinny jeans, some flats, a t-shirt, and a blue coat that is present until summer, Riley simply rolling up the sleeves when the heat becomes bothersome. Riley wears a variety of shirts, usually ones inspired from movies or books.

Personality
Outward Personality: While Riley doesn’t like to wear “showy” clothing, she doesn’t mind attention despite that. She is actually quite sociable, and when someone speaks she is quick to smile and respond. Riley’s personality is usually quite chipper unless things don’t quite go her way. A bit of a perfectionist, Riley likes to have things go her way. This results in procrastination and organization; many will see her with a planner in hand when changing classes along with color-coded sticky notes protruding from her text books. In times when something doesn’t go according to the way she wants it, Riley will lose her composure and tends to snap at people during such times.
*Inward Personality: Riley is just as much of a perfectionist on the inside as she displays herself to be, but her personality is slightly different. She often times responds nicely to people only because of it being the proper way to respond. In truth, she is judgemental and thinks negatively of many people before warming up to them, though her actions say otherwise.
/Skills: public speaking, organizing, and tennis

Faction
Allegiance: Primacy Student

*Power Class: Sensory
*Power Description: Riley is able to read and alter emotions. There are some drawbacks to this, however. She can only read the emotions of people within twenty yards of her, and can’t tell who these emotions are directed towards. Along with this, Riley is only able to influence the emotions of others through direct contact. The more strongly one feels an emotion, the longer she has to make contact with the person in order to influence their emotion.

Miscellaneous Powers
Other: mhrrrm
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 2:46 am

Hey, I found music tracks that made me think of my characters. Not really that they perfectly fit in the sense of lyrics, but I think they work as themes for the tune alone. It's happy music.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:37 am

General Information
*Full Name: Muriel Albert Nycodus
Alias: Muriel, Mister Nycodus
*Sex: Male

Appearance
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 150 lbs
Physical Description: Muriel is tall and has a rather slender build. He has dark hair of a brown color, however so dark that it appears as black. A few silver strands can be seen nested here and there. His skin is usually of a normal, healthy complexion and tone. He has some wrinkles depicting age across his face, although they are nothing major. His eyes are mismatched in color. His left is a bright, almost neon-blue. His right is a strange yellow. Muriel has a tall but narrow nose, straighter than a jet. And his ears are concealed by his hair.

Attire: Muriel often wears a white dress shirt and dark pants with long black straps over his shoulders. Over it he usually wears a black dress jacket. Most commonly he is seen wearing a dark trench coat much like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He usually wears high-heeled black dress shoes. There is usually a silver ring on his right hand which engulfs the bottom of his ring finger. The ring had several words on it, in Latin. It has a strange opalescent stone stamped on it as well.

Muriel also carries a silver pocket watch with a strange emblem engraved on it. On the inside the clock is foreign and strange, with many handles and arms and symbols. The only person on campus who knows how to read it is currently Muriel. Not that anybody tries to anyway.

Personality
Outward Personality: Outwardly Muriel can be confusing. He is often seen as extremely wise and thoughtful, although it may be due to his silence in certain conversations and his listening ear. He always seems to have the right words to say, when he does speak. And his voice is naturally low and soft and soothing to those who hear good things from it. Muriel is usually friendly, but can be a fierce rival. He takes his work seriously and treats his job as art.

Inward Personality: Muriel is creative, an artist, and an extremely passionate person. His mind is very unique in the way that it thinks. He brings and derives beauty from anything he is given and all things he experiences. He is also very secretive, reclusive, and reserved. Few people get to know his inner heart as he is the 'lone wolf' of the teachers. But he is social nonetheless, just not hugely close with anyone. Few people understand him or his mannerisms. Or the things which he stands for. There are those who wonder if the white lilies he carries mean something, or if they are just meant to make him smell better.

Skills: Most art mediums, poetry, history knowledge, general trivia, science, alchemical & philosophical knowledge.

Faction
Allegiance: Primacy

Powers
Power Class: Form-Elemental
Power Description Muriel's power is unlike most known Form-changers'. However, he does possess some of the fundamental form-changing powers needed to teach Form classes. His most noteworthy ability is the power to "phase" his body (or parts of it) in and out. Essentially, he can change parts of his body into "ghost" parts. A limb may phase out and be capable of moving through other objects. By doing this, he can also change or damage the objects he is moving through by charging his ghost limb or body part with various energies, usually electricity or heat. Muriel often refers to this as his "Phantom Complex". The limit to this is that he cannot do it while wet, or else he will suffer cardiac arrest. He also cannot plunge his Phantom parts directly into someone's body. He may cause them damage by slashing, punching, or lightly or quickly moving through them, but he cannot move completely through them unless he uses a particularly draining amount of power and force. Doing this even once will destroy all of his stamina and cause him to vomit uncontrollably and be without any energy whatsoever.

Muriel can turn partially invisible. The more power he uses when phasing his body in or out, the less his body is seen. He can only turn totally invisible for a few minutes, and this strains his stamina and will give him migraines. There are different levels of phasing out. The lowest level being simply moving through things, the highest being total invisibility and moving through things. The higher the level, the less perceptible his body is by any of the five senses. Only raw energy is felt in his body's place during the highest levels.

Muriel is also capable of transforming into clusters of animals. Usually birds, moths, or bees are his specialty.

Miscellaneous
Other: Muriel is a teacher of the Form department at Legerman. He is not the head of the department as Cassius Winslow is, but he teaches as a subordinate under him.

Last edited by Akira on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:47 am

Akira wrote:
Muriel is also capable of transforming into clusters of animals. Usually birds, moths, or bees are his specialty. He can also change the surface of his skin to release mood-changing hormones into the skin of anyone he touches. By doing this his skin will usually change color (slightly) often to correlate with whatever mood he is trying to transfer to the target. He may sooth them, anger them, etc.

Are the weaknesses that go with that the same as previously stated? Can Muriel only turn into smaller animals? Does awareness create any sort of weakness when emotions are influenced?

Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:53 am

Only smaller animals. But he can split into many of them. Ex: a small flock of crows. What do you mean by awareness?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:57 am

Akira wrote:
Only smaller animals. But he can split into many of them. Ex: a small flock of crows. What do you mean by awareness?
wait nvm - if it's emotion control based on hormones, awareness of him trying to control someone's emotions wouldn't help.
Ignore that q ;v;
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:58 am

Celo the Impossible wrote:
Akira wrote:
wait nvm - if it's emotion control based on hormones, awareness of him trying to control someone's emotions wouldn't help.
Ignore that q ;v;

He can't "control" their emotions. More or less he can just impact them.
Back to top Go down
Zar
Newborn
Zar

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:22 am

I'll post tomorrow, was going to tonight but no time.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 7:46 pm

General Information

*Full Name: Daniel J. Richards

Alias: Dan, Richards, Daniel, Dr. Richards

*Sex: Male

Appearance

Height: 6’1” (185 cm)

Weight: 195 lbs

Physical Description: Daniel is a little tall for a male of his age and slightly overweight with his stomach protruding only slightly. His skin is tan with a few freckles from his many travels to different countries and time spent outdoors. Daniel has curly black hair that’s riddled with white hairs he claims to be from graduate school. Because his round face is rather boyish, Daniel also has a grown a slight beard in an attempt to appear older. His black hair frames round hazel eyes and an aquiline nose. Daniel has a small scar on the top of his right hand from a cooking incident when he was younger. That same hand has a slight shake, which he claims to be the reason he isn’t an artist.

As for a verbal description, I just felt the need for some reason to include that Daniel has a general American accent.

Attire: Since he is a teacher, Daniel tries to dress professionally at all times, usually wearing suits of some sort. He does claim to enjoy wearing “amusing” ties, however (the most notable one being a knock-off Mario tie he found while living in Indonesia), and he thinks others find them interesting, too, even though most pay little to no attention to them. His more casual clothing style is rather simple, consisting of some sort of plain t-shirt and jeans or khakis. On sunny days, he may even sport sunglasses.

Personality

Outward Personality: Daniel sometimes comes off as rather blunt, facetious, and sarcastic, making it sometimes hard to tell when he is joking and when he is serious. Despite this, his personality can come off as laid back, being known to not care when students skip class (He claims that it’s their loss and if they want to speak with the headmaster for their several absences then he’s not going to stop them). Along with this, Daniel is quite sociable, and has been known to talk to others to the point where he has to rush to classes so he won’t be too late. Because of his many years of education, Daniel’s English classes are known for being a bit difficult, but that is just an observation of teaching style, as he does still enjoy teaching and is willing to help when asked.

/Skills: English & writing (duh), providing useless facts he finds interesting that many probably don’t know or care about.

History

/*Bio: I’m only going to include that Daniel went to a University in Scotland for his doctorate and his thesis was over James Hogg. Idk why I am wanting to include that but am too lazy to include everything else. The other facts can just be revealed at some point in the RP.

/*Home: Texas, USA, but he spent a lot of his childhood in Indonesia while his father was teaching at a university

Faction

Allegiance: Primacy

Powers

*Power Class: Other (will change later - I just really gtg and can't take the time to look it up)

*Power Description: Paper manipulation. Daniel is able to compress, harden, sharpen, and/or control the movement of paper. Not wood or any other object that may come from a tree – paper. This can apply to notebook paper, origami paper, etc. There are, of course, drawbacks. First of all, Daniel cannot just make paper come out of thin air. Everything is not made of paper – we do not live in a paper world with paper people living in their paper houses and paper, papeR, p A P Er. Along with this, while Daniel is able to harden and sharpen paper and form many pieces together to make various items ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), paper is still flammable, and Daniel can only control paper that’s within a 5 meter radius.
Celo’s train of thought for trying to figure out Daniel’s power - thank you, Dark, for suggesting I try something like this to figure it out:

Miscellaneous

Other: Another random thing I for some weird reason felt like including the fact that he likes to play video games, but thinks the best Zelda games are from 2000 and earlier.

Favorite book(s): The Three Perils of Man, Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner, and Leviathan

“I suppose I’ve seen weirder”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legerman Academy   Legerman Academy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legerman Academy
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next