Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC: We're back.

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
Balufire
ViperaUnion
Derkal
VikingWalruz
MataRahi
Maxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:44 am

graduates are sent to other places around the country to work as enforcers, unless she's a teacher. the mutants don't live there.

dude, I explained this in the OP. didn't you read it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Missed that part.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Ok finished it. Probably not my best, and definatly the shortest sheet I've ever made (how pathetic right?)

DarkLord999 wrote:

Name: Ravus

Appearance: Ravus looks like a normal man. He has black hair, regular toned skin, and he is very muscular. He usually wears a large black jacket and blue jeans. He has a large scar on his right eye.

Personality: Ravus is a man who lives by himself, only does things for himself, and relies on nobody. He does not like to travel in groups and only serves himself. He is quite abusive though, to those who do him wrong. (still working on this)

Power: Ravus has the power to transform into massive forms of fire and sprout flames everywhere. He can transform into pillars of fire that are massive (about 12 feet tall). He can shoot fire from any part of his body and he can transform into steam or smoke when he needs to get away.

Last edited by DarkLord999 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm

You missed personality Grox. And he's a bit overpowered. Perhaps he needs to eat a lot before he turns into fire to give it a fuel source? Also, it's a little close to Lone's character's power, though if he doesn't mind it's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 pm

K, edited some.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
VikingWalruz
Newborn
VikingWalruz

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I was about to make an IC post last night, but I got shut down right before I started righting. I'll be busy today, but I'll get around to it later, I promise.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:53 pm

K. Don't stress yourself.

@lone: did you decide your character's name/location? If you wish, she could have turned down the offer to be an enforcer or she could be a teacher.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 pm

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but Grox, A lot of your characters are either heartless, selfish, greedy, or evil. They also tend to have really strong powers. I don't like to word it this way, but it's not good if your characters or your writing becomes predictable.

I once checked out a library book by Dean Koontz (Who is a favorite author of mine), and returned it without finishing it because it was a book where a dog was the hero. By this point, I had read enough of his books to begin guessing what would happen in stories. A recurring pattern in stories with hero dogs in them was that the dogs were golden retrievers. This particular book stated the hero of the story was a dog, but never stated the breed. I guessed that it was a golden retriever. I began reading to see if I was right. When the dog finally appeared , I said to myself, "What do you know?! A golden retriever! And a pure breed, too!" and returned the book to the library, without reading the rest of it. I was disgusted by how predictable the writing was, and openly complained with friends about how the author needed to write more stories with dog breeds other than golden retrievers, because he was becoming too easy to predict.

Strangely enough, after I said this, I checked out two of his books and the hero dogs were a brown laborador and a mutt.

Regardless, you need to put a bit of variety into your characters.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 pm

Vipes makes a good point. You know, a wise man once said "sometimes you have to be the hero and sometimes you have to be the villain.

Also, that personality doesnt really tell me much and he still doesn't have a weakness. I'm sorry but until you fix those two, I have to deny your sheet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Hmmm... could Tanya start off in Atlantic City, and stop super villains that I may or may not make? Heh.
Back to top Go down
VikingWalruz
Newborn
VikingWalruz

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Alrighty then, I made an IC post. It's not much, but I'll be back later to follow it up and make his powers more apparent.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 pm

@walruz- awesome!

@lone- sure. If you want, I can move a few bad guys of my own there now. Mike has a raging gambling addiction. In this to though, he's telekinetic, so he's gonna be using the original steel-edged playing cards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
@walruz- awesome!

@lone- sure. If you want, I can move a few bad guys of my own there now. Mike has a raging gambling addiction. In this to though, he's telekinetic, so he's gonna be using the original steel-edged playing cards.

Sure, but I have to think of an post, first. Or second if you're up to it. Though, Tanya's going to be highly cynical to the whole super hero thing, only fighting Meta-humans/very dangerous criminals and I'll possibly throw this into her Mind set on 'heros'.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Believe it or not, my character will probably laugh, too. If she demolishes a huge block of buildings, then she'd be turning red if it weren't for the fact that she's covered in fur.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:10 am

by the way, if anyone has an idea for some more mutants to add to Black Mamba's troupe/army, feel free to pm me.

also, just a note. I'm going to begin to have Maxx recruit everyone's characters, but he's not the only one recruiting. Black Mamba is also trying a build a mutant army to usurp the government.

btw, I'm trying to decide what our theme song is gonna be (now that grox took the 7 day link thing off). So, you guys vote. Should it be:

1. The incredibles theme:

2. Hurricane by Theory of a deadman:

3. The X-men theme:

4. Hero (the Shrek Version. it's so much better, surprisingly)

if you have any other song ideas, just post them.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:50 am

I know I've been making a lot of characters for this, but until we get the ball rolling, I need a hero to play.

Name: The Raven

appearance: The Enforcer is big; about 6'4" and 250 pounds. He is seriously ripped and doesn't mind showing it off. He has white skin, a square jaw, and a long nose, along with a pair of brown eyes. His hair is black and is normally in a military buzz cut. In normal life, he usually wears an open-collared dress shirt with a pair of dress pants and a sports coat. But while fighting, he wears a full-body spandex suit made of bulletproof material, a long, billowing, black cloak, a black wide-brimmed hat with a feather in it, and a plague doctor mask.

personality: The Raven is a sadistic little SPORE. He loves to see his enemies in pain, and will sometimes put them in extreme pain just so he can enjoy it. He is grimly serious, and never laughs. Ever. Many people are afraid of him because of it, and they should be. The Raven is completely off the wall internally because of the evils he's seen and his mutation. He is a certifiable genius as well, causing him to lack common sense at times. He is incredibly paranoid, causing him to work alone. On the morality scale, he is probably Chaotic evil, though he is technically a hero.

power: The Raven is so messed up because he actually has two unrelated powers, causing his personality genes to be scrambled. His first power is to control birds. When he's around, birds everywhere flock near him (like Corvid in CZ) and watch. He can command them to attack as well, though the more birds he controls, the harder it becomes to control them all. he also cannot control large birds of prey, like eagles or hawks, though they will protect him if he's in life-threatening danger.

Also, The Raven can warp the fabric of space-time, causing rifts to appear. These rifts have many implications. Firstly, he can use them to slow his enemies down or speed himself up, making him deadly in combat. Secondly, he can use these rifts to make an image of himself that lasts for a few minutes and then disappears. This works as both a convincing decoy and as a tool used for stalking opponents. Like Slenderman, The Raven will stalk criminals using these rifts. They soon begin to see him so much that they become incredibly paranoid and so scared that they either turn themselves in, commit suicide, or beg for death, after which he gives it to them, although this is not how he always works. The problem with these rifts, though, is that the more The Raven makes them appear closely together, the harder they become to control and the weaker he gets. Also, if he creates the rifts too closely together in succession, they can combine to form a permanent rip in the space-time continuum, which is nearly impossible to repair, and nobody likes that. He knows about this, though, so he won't cause more than three rifts in the same area.

He fights with a silenced .45mm handgun, a machete, and throwing knives. Unconventional, yes, but still deadly at close range.
Back to top Go down
VikingWalruz
Newborn
VikingWalruz

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 am

If I may suggest a theme song, how about the one from Borderlands 2? "Short Change Hero" by The Heavy.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:12 am

find it on Youtube and post the song here. No video though.
Back to top Go down
VikingWalruz
Newborn
VikingWalruz

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 am

I couldn't find the short version, but here's the original long version. Makes me feel like a bad%@$ when I listen to it. Also, check out the Borderlands 2 opening scene. This song plays over it, and it's even more epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6eSksEp27U
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:34 am

VikingWalruz wrote:
I couldn't find the short version, but here's the original long version. Makes me feel like a bad%@$ when I listen to it. Also, check out the Borderlands 2 opening scene. This song plays over it, and it's even more epic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6eSksEp27U

that's good. The lyrics work really well.

hmm... I need a theme for the Raven... any ideas? something creepy.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:40 am

Okay, now you've got me looking for theme songs for my own characters. Here's the one I've chosen for Aella.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:43 am

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 am

A) Vipes, Aella isn't in this rp...

B) I really like that song Lonestar. Can I make that The raven's theme?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 am

Maxx Toron wrote:

B) I really like that song Lonestar. Can I make that The raven's theme?

That's why I posted it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:51 am

ok. I'm either gonna use that or

other themes for my characters:

The Watcher

Freddie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC: We're back.
Page 3 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next