Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC

Go down 
+6
JunkMail
The Real Shade
Dragonbud
True Night
Mr Allen J
Maxx
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:46 pm

The Freaks

It was cold. That’s what Raphael remembered most from that night: the bitter, unforgiving cold. He perched high above the rest of the city, on the twelfth-floor balcony of an old brick office building. The massive city of Aurum spread out seemingly infinitely in every direction from Raphael’s vantage point. Towering glass-and-steel skyscrapers soared high above the building where Raphael perched and into the clouds of murky white fog high above. Not far away, Raphael could see the silhouette of the carbon nanotube cord of the Space Elevator ascending infinitely into the heavens. Even from twelve stories up, he could hear the cacophony of car horns echoing up from the streets like a tone deaf orchestra. The terrible melody assailed his ears like a pack of wild hornets and caused his temples to beat like a bass drum. It was night, but with the clouds of pollutant gasses obscuring the sun, no one would have known the difference. The time of day was useless information in Aurum.
Raphael looked down at his silver digital watch and saw that it was around 11:30. By this time, pedestrians would be cleared from the streets by the city’s curfew, leaving only the gridlocked traffic below and the occasional flying car owned by the rich and privileged. Now he could try it out once more. Raphael slowly crept along the balcony’s rusted iron rail to the outdated fire escape. It creaked and moaned as if it would fall apart at any moment, but it held long enough for Raphael to run to the top with incredible speed and eagerness. When he reached the top of the building, Raphael found everything just as he had left it. The entire top of the building had once been a helicopter pad, but ever since the building had closed down a few years back, the pad was unused and unmanaged. A jagged crack streaked across the helipad, cleaving it clean in half. The top of the building was littered with detritus junk and rusted pieces of machinery left behind when the building was abandoned. Between two rusted steel poles, Raphael had a comfortable-looking taupe hammock tied up, over which was a black umbrella to keep the smoke and rain off.  Next to the hammock was a clear waterproof box which held one of his two laptops as well as his DS5, the newest Nintendo handheld. In this box were chargers which were connected to a thick set of wires which snaked inside of the building and into the city’s electricity supply. The amount of energy used was so minimal that it was never investigated. Either way, power was cheap these days. That was the only benefit of the poison sky over Aurum.
Raphael stood in the center of the helipad, looking around to ensure that no one was watching. The helipad was lit by a series of spotlights surrounding the pad which were connected to the wires snaking down through the building. Raphael searched around through the empty air, as if checking to make sure no one was watching, and then took a deep breath, just like he had so many times before. He held his arms out wide, and spread his fingers wide open. The bitter cold vanished all of a sudden, and was replaced by a comfortable warmth, like an electric blanket. Tiny strands of seafoam green electricity began to arc down his arms and between his fingers. Soon he was consumed by similar arcs of energy. The air around him began to shimmer, and soon metal objects from all over the top of the building began to float towards Raphael lazily.
Then he heard it. It was the noise of animal-like ravenous breathing somewhere in the dark. This angry breathing was soon backed up by a series of guttural grunts and growls. Raphael began to spin around quickly, looking for the source of this ravenous breathing. What if it was…
“Hello?” Raphael called shakily into the darkness “Is...is anybody there?” The growls got louder, and suddenly a deafening roar split the relative silence of the night. Raphael spun around, bringing a rusted iron bumper with him. The bumper collided head-on with a black shape lunging from out of the darkness. The thing roared, and slashed back at Raphael. The green arcs of electricity got brighter, and the creature retreated into the darkness. Raphael intensified the electricity again, and the pavement lit up bright green. A loud zapping noise reverberated across the steel walls of the buildings around him. He heard a doglike whine, and skittering as the monster ran back into the darkness. Raphael’s electricity weakened, and then vanished altogether. Raphael cried out as he fell six inches down to the concrete pavement of the building top. He had been floating in the air.

“That…” Raphael huffed, a smile slowly spreading across his terrified face “was...awesome!”

---

Aurum is a massive metropolis set in the modern-day USA. It is about the size of New York City, with a population of nine million people. Aurum grew to its now-gargantuan size because the city offers free electricity and water to all its inhabitants, thanks to a corporation known as Saybre Tech. Twenty years ago, Saybre Tech discovered a breakthrough way of creating electrical energy using the radioactive decay of special superheavy elements. The breakthrough was legendary, but the price was devastating. The power in Aurum is free, but the pollution is off the charts. The power plants that made Aurum’s power didn’t realize that they were pumping gasses with concentrated superheavy elements into the atmosphere. This caused a massive dome of smog to envelop the city, causing the temperatures to widely vary and the sun to be seen very rarely, making the city have to rely on artificial light 24/7. Saybre Tech assured the people of Aurum that this pollution, as it was over the city and not in it, would not have any harmful effects on the people living there, and so the City with No Sun flourished.

Saybre Tech, of course, lied. The gasses in the air had no effect on your average pedestrian, but soon people began to realize some strange, strange mutations happening to the children whose mothers were pregnant with them while living in the city. The gasses had passed into the fetuses and mutated them on a genetic level, causing superhuman mutations. At first these started out only as the occasional teratoma (freaky tumors. DO NOT Google them) in a pregnancy, but soon, children with what society could only label as super powers began to become relatively common, with ten percent of the children born in the city having some sort of freakish ability. And thus meta-humans were born.

But now something lurks in the shadows and the smoke of the City of Gold. There have been rumors of shapes in the dark, and animal-like howls in the night. And what’s worse; people are disappearing off the streets, especially those with genetic mutations. Police and detectives are baffled, and society seems to be blaming meta-humans for the disappearances. But what really lurks in the shadows of Aurum? Why are the disappearances happening, and who will be next? Why was the city’s sewer system closed to workers and the public alike a few months ago for “emergency renovations”?

Who are the real Freaks?

If you haven’t figured it out yet, in this RP you play as a meta-human in the city of Aurum. Unlike many other superhuman roleplays, however, this one doesn’t have an exact main villain. The “villain” is a mystery. This is to keep the rp from being centered around a manhunt for some evil overlord and focus it more on the interactions of different meta-humans in this strange and scary Dystopia known as Aurum.

Rules:

1. There’s no character limit, but don’t have more characters than you can control.
2. No metas over the age of 20. This is because the gasses that caused the mutations only came about around 20 years ago.
3. I know original powers are hard to come by these days since almost everything’s been done already, but don’t directly copy any piece of culture or fiction (for example, a kid with spider powers who’s just happened to be named Peter Parker is a big no-no).
4. I STRONGLY advise against making animal meta-humans. This is because meta-humans born in Aurum are mutated from the moment they exit the womb, so animal meta-humans would have most likely been aborted or believed to be teratomas.
5. Cursing in IC is fine, but try not to dwell too much on sex and stuff like that. I’m not saying you can’t have romance or anything, but keep it PG-13 please.
6. This is a literate roleplay. Please write at least five lines per post (not counting spaces). I know we’ll all probably break this rule at some point, but at least make an effort.
7. No godmodding, meta-gaming, blah blah blah you’ve heard this speech over nine thousand times before I’m sure.
8. don’t fill out the favorite object section of the sheet.
9. So I don’t have to write it later, appearance and personality sections of the sheet must be filled out reasonably well. You must be very detailed. I expect at least seven lines of information for each. Anything less will look VERY suspicious.
10. You can PM me your character’s power instead of showing it off to the world, but your character must have a weakness. If you’ve revealed enough of the power IC, I expect you to post your power to the OOC.
11. I know that roleplaying as a badass assassin or a secret government spy is cool, but I want this rp to be centered around a group of teenagers, not a band of assassins or evil supervillains. I want your character to be relatively average. That doesn’t mean your character can’t have mental disabilities or other physical factors making them different or unique, but I want characters to just kind of be normal people.

The Sheet

name:

appearance: (see rule number 9)

Personality: (Optional. see rule number 9 if you choose to fill it out)

Favorite activities/hobbies:

favorite object:

Backstory: (Optional. See rule number 9)

--This next section you can remove and pm me--

power: (be very, very, very detailed)

weakness: (Every ability must have a weakness)

Last edited by Maxx on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:46 pm

Characters

Maxxtoron

Raphael

Joshua

Eli

Rachael

Mort & Persephone

MrAllenJ

Amanda & Daniel

Rush

Ray

Veronica

Sage

True Night/Veriska

Selena

Vance

Cassandra

Dragonbud

Amelia

Shade

Lelia

TheOperator

Tank

Celo

Bre

God-Mod/Consultant Timelord

Waldo

Last edited by Death on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 4:46 pm

resd
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:01 pm

The Blackmore Siblings

Daniel:

Amanda:

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:03 pm

So another super power RP, these are the best type in my opinion anyways. I'll have to see what I can cook up.

Seems like you have your characters connnected between RPs Lone and your object section made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:06 pm

Yes, yes I am.

accepted.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Daniel is (apparently, I just found this sheet) another character I didn't get the chance to use for another RP, so I posted him here.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 pm

Yay more super hero rps :3 I'm thinking about making another young character, since I love mine in mechanical gods.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Name: Amanda Daisy Blackmore

Appearance: Amanda is a tall young woman, with a punk vibe mixed in with athletic, when people first look at her. She's quite muscular for a girl her age. She's been playing plenty of sports since she was young. Most of her muscles are on her arms and leg - She has six-pack abs. Nothing on level with body-builders. This look even gives her a slight, Tom-Boyish feel. In terms of race; Amanda is part British and part Korean, with her father supplying the British, and her mother giving her the Korean. She leans heavily on Asian in terms of appearance. With her skin being a light-yellow color, with a subtle white tint in her skin color. Amanda walks seductively, she intentionally makes her hips wiggle back and forth when she walks - Also empathizing her strength.

Amanda has plenty of scars, brushes and blemishes all over her face and body. It really takes away from her looks--- In addition to giving people the idea that she's been in some shady things. On her face she has plenty of scars. Most are small and short. Like something small, with claws attacked her. She also has a burn scar on the side of her head, by her ears, it looks like something round and very hot hit her there. She has other scars on the rest of her body, they're just too plentiful to be described individually and are covered by her outfit. Amanda has several tattoos that she got very recently. One is on her right shoulder of a blood-colored angel, extending it's wings wide and appearing to ascend. Above this angel is several clouds and what appears to be a light shining through the clouds. On her left shoulder is a large tribal style tattoo of an eastern dragon with a massive tail and wings, extending all the way to her wrists. However, it is concealed by her outfit and the most people will see of it will be the tail/wings of the Dragon. On her back, near her shoulder, is a tattoo with GUILTY CONSCIENCE written. On her left cheek is a blue valentine heart, which would give her a cute vibe if it wasn't for the scars and bruises on her face. Her hair is jet-black, straight, and quite long. Amanda styles it as a long pony-tail, it is back-length. Amanda has some piercings, most are on her face. She has two large hoop ear-rings on her ears and has a ball tongue piercing. If she was to take off her shirt, you'd see that she has a belly button piercing. Amanda also has a lip piercing on the right side of her lower lip.

Amanda inherits all the good looks from her father's side of the family, she can be considered cute, if you can get past everything. Amanda's head is large, and rectangle-shaped. She has a slightly larger than average head, which is considered to be a source of ridicule for some people (Key word: Some). Her face is squared, and well-defined. Her cheekbone are round, and small. She has a squared (Double) chin as well, with a very strong, and sharp, jawline to match. Her chin sticks out forward a bit. She has a small nose, with a short bridge and nostrils that stick out a bit. Amanda's mouth is a little wide, and her lips are average in terms of thickness. Amanda has a somewhat big forehead, it's wide. There's a scar directly above her lips that connect to her left nostril. Amanda does look much like someone who's up to some shadier tasks. Amanda's eyes are medium-sized, and are slanted, much like others apart of her ethic background. Obviously showing off that she's Asian. Well, at least 50% Asian.

Amanda's outfit changes from day to day, like all of my characters. She'll wear just about anything and has no particular style. She'll wear hoodies, jeans, jackets, coats, etc. Amanda likes to wear her over-sized leather jacket from time to time, this is clearly made for men's but she likes to wear it. This jacket has a white-colored skull on the back, and it's her favorite jacket in the whole wide world. One thing that people certainly will notice about Amanda is that she wears lots of metal. She'll wear a large amount of rings, bracelets and other jewelry - Anything that chimes when she moves. Sometimes Amanda can be seen carrying, and playing, an acoustic bass guitar.

Personality: lot of words can be used to describe Amanda. Crazy, Risky, Good-intentioned, Stupid... Most of the time Amanda's actions can be hard to predict - Most of the time she does things for fun. For the hell of it. The only thing on her mind is having fun and getting into exciting situations. She's more than willing to break a few rules just to get off (Or do what she deems is right, and necessary). Amanda is the type of person who'd enjoy something out of the ordinary going on. Like a fight, or getting stalked by a serial killer, or a monster showing up. Normally, she's a very social girl, always looking to have a conversation with people. She's very nice to just about everyone that she meets - Unless they piss her off. Many could tell that she can be quite the CENSORED when provoked. Amanda mostly tries to have conversation with people that interest her (Such have having something interesting about her appearance, or saying something interesting). Those who can't will probably get a very dull conversation - If any conversation at all. One thing people will notice is that Amanda is very flirty, she'll causally flirt with handsome guys that come her way. However, she rarely forms any deep relationships with boys, and just keeps it at teasing. In terms of morality, she can be considered "good." She'll fight the people she believes are bad and help those who she thinks needs it. However, she can have some sociopathic tendencies. Towards her enemies specifically. She will almost never show guilt, shame, remorse or anything like it, for her actions. Whether they're good or bad. Amanda will show an utter lack of disregard for human life, and not think anything else of it. Amanda is not above using her feminine charms to manipulate people (Mostly boys) to get ahead. In her eyes, this is all means to an end, and is necessary. Amanda also enjoys teasing/testing people - Mostly boys.

Amanda is a warrior at heart. She's more than willing to fight just about anyone if they cross her. She has an extreme amount of overconfidence and arrogance - And she relies on both of these to carry her through all fights and situations. It would appear that she's near-fearless - It's all because she's so egotisical, overconfident and arrogant. She will get her into trouble then get out of it. Amanda tends to show off and flaunt her skills whenever possible. Amanda doesn't tend to think some things through, however. Especially when fights or when people are in danger. She doesn't think, she acts. Rarely thinking of the consequences. This has landed her in some pretty hot water. Amanda can easily be regarded as immature, sometimes.

Favorite activities/hobbies: Amanda really really likes music. She mostly listens to Techno/Electronic music, and songs with no lyrics. Amanda also likes pretty much all forms of sports, and the people who play them, even more. She also likes to see people's behaviors, such as how they act when they're alone/around people. Amanda also likes Medieval art, gardening, toads, science fiction movies, and origami.

Amanda is a natural born athlete. She's been good at sports, and is quite the runner. The sport that she excels at is Soccer. She's also invested quite a bit into other sports like Basketball and Baseball - Just that she isn't as good at them as she is at Basketball. Naturally, Amanda is very quick on her feet and is coordinated as hell. Amanda has been in plenty of fist fights, and can win quite a few of them with her fists alone. She's really good at Roller-skating too, if that's. Amanda is also a very good dancer, since she has danced many times in parties and at raves. Amanda knows how to play the guitar too, hand her a guitar and she'll try her hardest. She's not exceptionally good at it, but this skill is worth noting.

Favorite object:

Backstory: Resume f*cking off.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Here's my first character. I'm really glad that this rp is being accepted so well.

name: Raphael Jones

appearance: Raphael is a boy of average height (5’10”) with a small, skinny body (around 160 lbs). Though he looks weak, Raphael is surprisingly strong for his size thanks to his rather unique hobbies. His skin is a pale caucasian color from having lived his life in artificial light; a trait common amongst Aurum residents. Raphael has one steel blue eye and one bright green eye. This Heterochromia iridum often distracts people, making Raphael rather self-conscious about them. He has blonde hair which is medium length and is combed to the right. He obviously has a very good sense of hygiene, as his face rarely has pimples and his hair is always neatly kempt. Raphael wears a pair of black-rimmed glasses, giving him a rather nerdy look. Ryan dresses very personally, wearing clothing that represents his likes and dislikes. He often wears graphic tees with bands or things from television shows on them. He normally wears jeans, as well as a cobalt blue zip-up hoodie. On his feet he wears a grey pair of Nike Free 4.0s.

Personality: Raphael is a self conscious guy who isn’t very social. He likes being alone, and finds that people in general annoy him. He gets very uncomfortable around large crowds, and mostly sticks to the rooftops. He enjoys watching how people act from high above, and he puts his observations into his writing. He cares about his stories more than he cares about people. Though to the world he shows the facade of a comfortable guy who just likes being alone, inside Raphael is secretly lonely. People repulse him so much, but yet he wants a friend. He is desperate to find someone who doesn’t irritate him. Raphael is very intelligent, as he spent most of his time reading instead of socializing.

hobbies: Raphael writes a lot. He spends most of his time writing or playing video games. Another thing that he does, incongruous enough to his loser-like personality, is parkour. He is an excellent climber, and can actually climb buildings and do all sorts of fun acrobatic moves. Raphael uses his free running abilities to climb tall buildings and watch how people way down on the ground react.

Backstory: far too lazy for this.

favorite object: his journal.

other:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:23 am

Name: Selena Hawthorn

Appearance: Selena is Caucasian, stands 5'7" and weighs 128 pounds. She is slim, trim and has well toned muscles. The best way to describe her is a cross between a punk and a jock. Her most noticeable feature is her hot pink hair, which is kept ear length and straight. This really makes her deep blue eyes pop. She doesn't do a whole lot with makeup, just mascara, eye shadow, lipstick and nail polish. These cosmetic items almost always match her hair, except her eyes, which she keeps dark. On the bridge of her nose is a scar that could easily be covered up, but she chooses not to. Size 0G gauges are in her earlobes, she wears no other jewelry. White angle wing tattoos are inked on the outside her heels, and a dragonfly the middle of her back. It's wingspan just touches both shoulder blades. Her neutral expression is very stern looking and often gives others the impression that she's depressed. Typical attire for Selena is flashy, form fitting athletic wear. Most commonly this is a solid color tank top, spandex pants with stripes down the sides and nice pair of running shoes Other choices include T-shirts, booty shorts, running shorts and leggings.

Personality: I'll do this IC.

Favorite activities/hobbies: Selena spends a lot of her time running and working out. When she isn't exercising or sight seeing she gets into trouble. She only commits petty crimes like theft out of necessity or desire, and things like vandalism out of boredom. Selena is also very much into the night life, she very much enjoys clubbing, parties and the like.

favorite object:

Backstory: I'll do this IC.

Last edited by True Night on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:15 am

Gonna play as the devil.

Or something pretty close.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 am

That's ironic, because one of my characters is based on a biblical demon.

DO EET!

Accepted night.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:31 am

This is filling up pretty well. After shade makes his sheet and I finish mine I'll start the IC.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:09 am

Yay I finished, I was a bit lacking in the bio and personality. I guess I'll let that develop in the ic

Name: Amelia Caddy
Appearance: At first glance Amelia looks like a totally normal child. She is just over five feet tall and weighs a little less then 95 pounds. Lanky to say the least. Like most girls her age she seems to be mostly legs. She is Caucasian, having rather light skin with freckles across her nose and cheek bones. Her face is rather rounded, having a soft jawline and a bit of baby fat still on her cheeks. Relaxed, Amelia's eyes are rather large and round, however she almost always has her eyes scowling in a squint. Her eyes are a murky green color, however since she hardly ever makes eye contact with people this fact is hard to confirm. She has short and choppy honey colored hair, which she prefers to top with a dark green beanie. She rarely removes the hat, only to sleep or if she gets too hot. Amelia tends to have really bad hat hair under it though.

The rest of her wardrobe changes daily but normally follows the same pattern of long shorts and a tank top. Her shorts are often dirty and torn, her knees both scrapped up from various adventures around the town. The sleeveless tops she wears almost always feature some sort of animal or trendy saying. Many of her clothes have been hand-me-downs form her mother, and have been poorly tailored to fit her better. Amelia appreciates the effort, but they both know that her sewing skills could be greatly improved. Amelia rarely wears sturdy shoes, not liking the constricting nature of sneakers, instead she wears stringy flip flops that can easily be replaced if ripped.

The most obviously standout pieces in her wardrobe are a pair of fingerless leather gloves she never removes and a bandana she often keeps over her mouth, keeping it always covered. These strange fashion choices have attracted her a bit of unwanted attention from people she would rather not talk to. While the worn, black leather gloves don't change from day to day her bandana does. She has all sorts of colors and patterns. In all reality Amelia collects the mouth guards in a little cardboard box she had stashed away. Not many people know what is under her bandana or gloves, but just peeking out from under the edge of her bandana is a small white scar. The same can be observed about her hands, but her finger tips look completely normal.

Personality: I will probably make this clearer in the ic, but just to go over the basics, Amelia is rather cold looking. She is almost always glaring at people and rarely makes direct eye contact. Amelia will also never open her mouth unless she really has to and if she must speak she keeps her lips very tight over her mouth. Amelia is mainly shy, using a sharp tongue and angry faces to keep people from targeting her.
Favorite activities/hobbies: Now while Amelia might seem all hard av no fun she actually enjoys most things kids her age enjoy. She loves cute animals, flying kites, watching movies with her mother and exploring around trying to find out new things about where she lives.
Favorite object:
Backstory: This will be revealed later, mainly because I haven't thought of one yet.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 am

Young, but that's cool. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 am

The Sheet

name:
Leila Septem

appearance:

Leila's striking. She'll catch the eyes of men and women, and it's not for any one reason that someone can fully identify. She's pretty, but not necessarily supermodel-level gorgeous. She gives off an aura, however, that holds the attention of men who watch her and makes women glance covetously as she walks by. Leila dresses fashionably, dressing well without looking like she's trying to impress. Her light, warm brown hair stays back in a ponytail or flows smoothly down to her shoulders. Her eyes are a sparkling green, but at times there seem to be flecks of crimson within them. Her skin is smooth and clear, the result of meticulous hygiene and likely a few hundred dollars' worth of expensive drugs. Leila walks one of several ways. When her face is lit up with a warm, inviting smile, she walks briskly and energetically, her aura seeming to radiate off her. When she's in a more melancholy mood-and Leila's moods are very visible, she's awful at poker for the same reason, she walks slowly, carefully, as if afraid of bumping into someone. Leila's not one to stand still, frequently bouncing back and forth from one foot to another in a conversation, pacing, or whipping her head around at some unseen distraction. Most attribute this to quirkiness, and it tends to be perceived as cute by guys and irritating arrogance by girls. Ah, the joys of teenagers. She tends to grin a lot when she's happy and frown a lot when she's sad: Leila is moody, but she makes it work.

Personality:

As the Latin-speakers among you may have guessed, Leila's skull is home to eight personalities: seven of which are foreign. As a result, Leila tends to be a little...erratic. She tries to do good, but the problem is that a very young girl was presented with a very terrible, very great power, and it hasn't done wonders for her mental health. Leila's kinda, but prone to very violent mood changes: what may be a very pleasant conversation could suddenly shift to angry screaming or sullen insults. She's kind, but confused, and seems to be led easily into bad situations. Often times she has to stop and think considerably about what she's doing, and Leila can't seem to determine right from wrong without a good deal of thought anymore. Nothing is making much sense at the moment, and she's...troubled. Leila's at heart a good person, but there's a great deal of darkness in her life. It would be easy for her to go astray. She normally tries to stay quiet but enjoys the presence of others; yet, she's afraid to form lasting relationships, given the corrupting influences that act upon her, but still longs for company. She's desperate.

Singing and playing guitar, running, pulling tags off mattresses.

favorite object:

Backstory:

--This next section you can remove and pm me--

power:

Yea, Leila is Legion, for She is Many. Within Leila are the demons for each of the Seven Deadly Sins, and whether or not it's a result of some supernatural influence or a mere mutation of Aurum's pollution is anyone's guess. While they exist, Leila has the ability to draw upon them. Using the demonic energy within her grants her tremendous strength, with only a low, low price tag attached. Upon using her demons, their sigils burn across certain places on her flesh, and may cause her eyes to glow an intense crimson. Leila is capable of making nearby flames burn much hotter (they give off an intense sulfurous smell when doing so) and can also give off a bright crimson light which doesn't do much but serve as a useful nightlight.

Lust: When Leila yields to the spirit of Lust, she takes on an irresistibly beautiful form. The more she draws upon the demon's power, the harder it becomes for men to resist her-and, likewise, the more lustful she becomes. Clothes tend to come off when she gives in entirely, but if she indulges in minute amounts, it merely makes her an extremely persuasive speaker. Note that Leila's demonic sex appeal is not restricted to any gender or sex-men, women, gays, asexuals, and even eunuchs want to drop their pants when dem sigils start glowing.

Pride: Pride, that which goeth before the fall. When Leila allows the demon of Pride to influence her, she becomes physically stronger and more resilient. At full levels of indulgence, she becomes near impervious to damage, incredibly strong, and has limitless endurance. On smaller levels, her physical thresholds for pain tolerance and stamina merely get bumped a bit, and she doesn't suffer as severe a ramification.

Avarice: Avarice, the sin that built America and brought down Rome. When Leila gives in to greed, she finds herself the recipient of a rather curious metaphysical gift. She acquires things of value very, very easily: this definition is loose, and can change easily. She may find twenty dollars lying on the street or stumble across the person of her dreams: merely whatever her heart lusts for, she will have ease in finding.

Sloth: The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. Succumbing to Sloth gives Leila a rather hibernative set of attributes, making her physical processes slow down greatly. Leila conserves tremendous amounts of energy, and her body consumes resources more slowly. In a room of poisoned air, Leila might survive off a single breath. In a scorching desert, her body's temperature would rise ever so slowly, her throat parch at a tenth the rate.

Wrath “And wrath has left its scar -- that fire of hell Has left its frightful scar upon my soul.” -William Cullan Bryant. When giving in to Wrath, Leila becomes an inheritor of the fires of Hell itself. The CENSORED of Babylon takes form, and the darkest beings that Revelations has to offer would look nervously upon Leila Septim, tremble, and murmur "Yes ma'am, whatever you say, ma'am". Leila's body ignites in the sigils, and she becomes an incredibly powerful pyromancer. The fires of hell burn white-hot, sucking oxygen from the air at an alarming rate and refusing to go out until Leila has left her demonic trance.

Gluttony A trait not often favored in women, Leila has peculiar effects when she allows the demon of Gluttony influence over her. Leila becomes a consumer: spiritually, physically, emotionally. Whatever Leila touches, she begins to draw energy from, consuming ravenously and wholly. During a kiss, Leila might sap the positive emotions from her lover, with a hand around a power line, Leila might suck the lightning out of the wires and into her veins. On lesser levels, it allows Leila to heal herself from wounds, but as anyone who has ever had "just one more" chip can tell you, gluttony is very, very difficult to resist.

Envy There's a reason she has green eyes. Leila can, most simply, take on the attributes of others during this, whether it be physical appearance, mental state, or supernatural gifts. This is perhaps the most straightforward power, because Shade was getting tired at this point and the neurons weren't firing as creatively as he'd like.

weakness:

I am very, very well aware of how OP'ed Leila is. However, there are several key factors that will restrict her.

One, only one demon at a time can exert its control over her. If two are capable of vying for the same thing (for example, someone steals her boyfriend: Wrath and Envy come into play), they'll attempt to undermine each other and her powers won't be as strong or focused.

Second, Leila does not want to give in to her demons. She is quite reluctant to use her gifts. She wants to walk the straight and narrow, and if she could put a revolver to her head and blow out the part of her brain housing the evil spirits, she would. Speaking of which...

Third, Leila has a considerable strain upon her mind and soul. The demons do not let her sleep, do not let her eat, do not let her live her life. Indulging in her demons has severe ramifications for her psychological well-being, as the insides of her arms and feeble protests of her liver and kidneys can attest to. Leila cannot retain her free will and indulge the demons: and what the voices in her head ask of her is rarely something that works well for her. Hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, and other unpleasant side effects are frequent problems for Leila.

Fourthly and finally, the use of her demonic gifts is destructive to her physically and spiritually. The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long, and the candle lit with the fires of Hell lasts even shorter.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 am

Why you power-stealing little...

bleh. I was going to use Legion, but your's is honestly better. Accepted.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 am

Hey, plenty of demons to go around for errybody.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 am

Yeah, but I was going to use specifically that demon. Oh well, I'll have to think of another evil power for him.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 am

She doesn't specifically have Legion within her, just a f*ckton of other demons. I could look up the exact names on Wikiped-uh, the totally legit sources for all my Christian mythology
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 4:40 am

Basically my character was going to be able to create copies of himself that each have a different personality and skill. All the personalities live in his head like your character.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Name: Tank Concrete (Because why not)

Gender: Let me answer this with another question, have you ever met a woman named Tank?

Appearance: Tank is a large man, standing at 6'3 and weighing at about 247 pounds. He is not the kind of person to be missing any meals. Tank is extremely muscular, to the point where he's at 5% body fat. His body is ripped with muscle. Unfortunately, he's not a very attractive person. He lacks hair on his face, in fact, none of his body has hair. It's almost as if he was a burn victim. Despite this, he has bright yellow eyes that have nothing but kindness written all over them. That's about all of his face that's seen anyways. It's almost comical sometimes in the way he dresses. He wears two pairs of pants and about three shirts plus a jacket and then a hoodie to conserve as much energy in the form of heat as possible. He normally has the hoodie on his head (because you loose a lot of heat through your head when it's exposed), and a bandana on that's tucked in, into the bottom of his jacket hiding his mouth and neck. This exposes only his eyes as his head is covered and the bottom half of his face is shrouded. All of this is to conserve energy.

Personality:
I'll say this right now, he is NOT a dark horse. He's a very kindhearted individual that's usually doing something for others. He is addicted to smoking, and is trying very hard to get off of his addiction. Despite the fact that he wont be affected in the long term by them, most people do disapprove of his habit. He doesnt have a great deal of self confidence despite the fact that he talks so often. Many people shoot him down after a little while because he is sometimes awkward to be around. He's really just a big teddybear that feels more like a big muscular rock underneath all of the clothing he wears to keep himself warm.

Reading, reading good comics, bowling, most of the things normal people would, except he is a smoker and attempting to quit.

Favorite object:

Backstory:
There are several bits to his backstory that are sad, some are happy. His life's been a bit of a roller coaster.
What most people dont know is that he is bald because of a form of skin cancer that his body is only able to fight because of his regenerative property, and that his parents dont put him up for adoption for an unknown cause. He never met them. He doesnt know about any siblings and aged out of his orphanage. He's also... You know what, I'll let you find out IC. In the mean time, have some music.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Haha op our characters should totally be bandana bros
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Lets do eet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Sponsored content

The Freaks OOC  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC    The Freaks OOC  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next