Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Othergrounds - Trimmed

Go down 
+8
Maxx
JunkMail
Lieo
ultra
DemDogg
ViperaUnion
The Stalker of Shadows
Mr Allen J
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ultra
Newborn

The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:56 pm

I have no idea what to post. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Try reviewing the IC a little bit more. That's what I do when I can't think of anything.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm waiting for someone to post a reply to my character.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm gonna do it later on. I'm on my phone atm.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Reviewed the IC and there is nothing I can do. Is it possible for someone to find John?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Yus
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:16 pm

ultra, why don't you have your guy run into Marie? I can say she was wandering around looking for a library or something.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Alright. I want to make a group of new students to allow even more insight into the school. Since I'm feeling terribly unoriginal right now... I guess I'll fix up some old characters.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Name: Claire Sparks
Nickname: Shocker
height: 5’8”
Weight: 120 lbs.

Appearance:
Hair color: Blonde with unatural red highlights
eye color: blue
nationality: white
Appearance: I’m taking another look at Claire, from a less Gothic style. Claire is a pretty girl with lightly-tanned skin covered in freckles and short, rather boyish blonde hair that catches the sunlight in such a way that it blinds you, though she usually wears a black knit cap over her hair, so only the ends stick out. She has a heart-shaped face with stunning blue eyes that sparkle like jewels, and very red lips, the only makeup that Claire usually puts on besides a gross amount of black eyeliner which makes her eyes stick out. She often has a spaced-out look on her face due to a crazy little thing called booze, which she seems to drink a lot of. She’s a girl of about average body style, with a relatively skinny body, a slightly larger torso, and a decent amount of cleavage. However, it is obvious to anyone that Claire is no delicate flower.

Attire: I’ll try to describe this IC-side, but she dresses in a kind of urban skater fashion, wearing boyish clothes and the same pair of converse skateboarding shoes every day.

Personality:

Innate personality: Claire is an interesting girl psychologically, as she acts, dresses and thinks like a boy. The word that most catches people these days’ minds when talking about her’s is lesbian. Claire is bisexual, actually, and often has problems with that fact. She acts very tough and rebellious all the time to impress people, mainly other women. She is the type of person who walks in the door that reads “do not enter” just to get her friends to laugh about it. I’m not going to go into anything more sexual than that, as that would be inappropriate. Another word that often catches people’s ears about Claire is “alcoholic”. She does indeed drink a lot, a habit which looks cool with her clique of rebels. I’ll add more in the IC, but there’s a lot more, for lack of a better term, tragedy in Claire’s mind.
Yet, Claire has a sensitive side as well. She likes a lot lighter music than the dubstep and metal that her friends listen too. She plays the guitar a lot and is extremely good. That’s pretty much all Claire does when she’s not drunk or stoned; that and write. Claire is secretly a poet, and has many works authored under the name of “Evelyn Ross”. She also skateboards, in case you didn’t get that from her appearance.

Outward Personality: Ic-side, but you probably get the picture from her innate.

History/bio: NI (Not Interesting).

Abilities:

Power class: energy

power: As usual, Claire is the lightning goddess. Some drop bombs; Claire Sparks drops lightning bolts. As usual, Claire’s neurons produce ten times the average electricity of average neurons. This built-up electricity causes her to be extremely jittery, as if she had drank a lot of coffee. She can also send this electricity out in controlled blasts, frying enemies. The lightning makes a loud cracking noise, and moves at light speed, electrocuting everything in her path. Claire can constructively use her powers as well. She can power electrical devices by touching them, making her a kind of living battery.

weaknesses: Claire’s main weakness is that she can only generate electricity when moving. She has to move around some to make electricity, so if she has been sitting still a long time, is asleep, or is tied down tight enough to completely restrict her motion, Claire becomes harmless. Also, if Claire is exposed to a lot of other electricity (outside of herself) she can overload and give herself a heart attack.

Burst Potential:

Alpha- This burst allows Claire to control electricity in other objects besides herself (not counting humans). So, she could, for example, cause lightning bolts to come out of a light, or control a computer from afar.

Omega- The Discharge. Whenever someone pours water on Claire while she’s using her powers, this ability is activated. She cannot activate this ability by herself. When water is poured on her while she’s generating electricity, Claire’s body automatically sends out a huge wave of electricity. Anyone within about five feet of her is dead or really close right there, and anyone within twenty is about to be hurting. This discharge causes electrical objects within thirty feet of claire to right out explode, and short circuits electrical objects within a half mile of her. However, this discharge hurts very badly, burns her skin, and causes Claire to afterwards go into what is basically an epileptic seizure where she begins to kinda flop around until her body generates enough electricity to properly run again, as when she uses this burst, every ounce of electricity in her is used up.

Delta- This burst allows Claire to send out a jolt of high-amperage electricity which can interfere with bodily functions (namely the heart). This burst takes a while to charge (1 post), so it’s a good idea to get out of the way when she starts to use it.
other:

Name: T.J. Eckleburg
Nickname: The Doctor (Doc by Claire) (He’s not actually The Doctor like from Dr.Who. Just similar)
height: 6’0”
weight: 150 lbs

Appearance:

Hair color: light brown
Eye color: light grey
nationality: caucasian
Appearance: TJ looks old for his age, and very mature, which he is. He is a slim and almost regal-looking man, as if one were looking at a god. His face is very slim, and is always clean-shaven, even if he hasn’t shaved, an unfortunate biproduct of his power. His mouth is rather small, and his nose is long and bony. On his nose sits a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, which magnify his calm-looking eyes, making them look bigger. His eyes are interesting, as they always seem relaxed and calm, almost borderline careless. His hair is always cut short and combed to the right, and his ears are of average size and lay almost flat against his head. He has a rather long neck, making him look even taller, and long, lanky limbs with large hands and feet.

attire: Very formal, but I’ll describe it IC.

Personality: IC

Abilities:

Power class: other

Power: TJ Eckleburg is much like Chell from Portal. He has the ability to create portals on flat surfaces. These portals have many uses, such as teleporting from one portal to another (he can make a max of two at the same time). He can actually throw these portals to other flat surfaces nearby in order to allow him to teleport to farther away places. Like in portal, TJ can use these portals to use the laws of physics against itself. He can jump from a height into one portal and fly out of the side of another building at high speeds. He can take one person with him in his wormholes, and they can be used by other people, both a strength and a weakness.

weaknesses: TJ can only make portals on flat surfaces. Curved or otherwise compromised surfaces do not work, though nicks and bumps do not bother him. When a portal opens on a curved surface, it is severely mangled and usually instantly collapses. Jumping into a portal made on a curved surface will most likely instantly kill you and spray your molecules across time and space. So yeah, don't do it. His portals also do not work on walls with a lot of color on them for an unknown reason. He has to be able to see where he is throwing the portal as well, and the portals open on the first object that they hit, so clear glass or forcefields can easily defeat TJ.

Burst potential: Alpha, Omega

other:

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 am

As the OP said, time travel is immediately out of the question. Both sheets are accepted.
Back to top Go down
ultra
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 am

Sure, where is Marie?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:13 am

Wandering around the hallways somewhere. With permission from people first, she will likely appear around characters seemingly out of the blue. She's that weird, creepy girl that always seems to vanish and appear without anyone ever knowing when she showed up or left.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:21 am

I'd like it if we have an discussion about if we'll have an antagonist or a traitor plot during the course of the RP. This will really dictate which direction I take the RP in after--- Well, the current plot.

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:46 am

Well, I seldom like my characters being traitors unless I intended for it to happen when I made them. I can make some sort of mentally twisted person, but there's a point where my characters can be so dangerous just because of the way they think it might not be ideal. I could probably make a person that's a really good actor, and capable of concealing their real intentions, but then that's a psychopath and something like what you'd see from an episode of Hannibal.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:49 am

More than likely the traitor would be one of my characters. Unless someone else wants to have the traitor. And, I intend on keeping it really subtle. Like anyone could be the traitor.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah...being subtle isn't my best skill.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:56 am

I'll handle it, then. So, does that mean you're in with the traitor plot?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:03 am

Traitors are more interesting, more backstory and all.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:59 am

New Supplice wrote:
As the OP said, time travel is immediately out of the question. Both sheets are accepted.

Wait, so if time travel is against the rules, is TJ accepted? You have confused me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:08 am

Herpaderp

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:19 am

Indeed...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:33 am

What im saying is that I want you to cut the time travel.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:35 am

Oh ok. Gotcha.

Anyways, I made my first post. A little short, but I'm out of practice. I believe it's relatively well-written though. TJ is looking for anyone who feels like talking to him.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:43 am

The school isn't really much of a single building, Maxx. It's more like a bunch of complexes trapped under a huge dome, which I think is supposed to be invisible until you reach the edge of it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:44 am

Um Maxx. No new characters are going to be introduced that way. They have to be students that survived the attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Othergrounds - Trimmed   The Othergrounds - Trimmed - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Othergrounds - Trimmed
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next