Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:03 am

Everyone is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 pm

I have posted a very sad post. The music makes it even more dramatic, I think at least. For a moment or two I actually felt pretty saddened. But, I look forward to the new cub that Jali and Sira are going to have. Very Happy

The timeskip is my next post, so everyone in your next posts be sure to include what your characters have been doing in the past four and a half weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Well, I'm actually going to make another character who shares his past with Zira, he's going to be a young tiglon who was abandoned by his mother, because she was being pursued by her pride because she fell in love with a tiger, and was raised by Zanita. It's an interesting character, I think.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Sounds really good! I'd love to read about that.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

I figured I should probably say this now.

Just so everyone knows, Snake is not some sort of crazy new antagonist. This RP is not going to be one of those that only moves from one villain to another. Snake is just another character that is just insane. He's not going to be the center villain of this plot. He's only a very small part, and I mean very small.

Everyone else is free to make their own sub-plots concerning their own characters and anyone else that wants to participate.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 am

Well, obviously, expect Jali to meet the tiglon soon. He's going to be a sort of adoptive son to Zanita, but being a creature that takes more after the lions than hyenas, she's going to eventually ask for help when he turns up.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 am

Nice! Can't wait!

EDIT: Been working with GIMP more, love that program. Amazing, indeed. I made some cheetah and hyena pictures as well as a few more lion ones. I felt the need to share my most recent:

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 SiraJali-picture_zps2237cc42
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:01 am

Well, here's Gamba, the Tiglon.

Name: Gamba
Species: Tiglon

Personality: Gamba is a very confusing creature, due to being a lion-tiger hybrid. At times, he may behave similar to a nomadic lion, wandering about with steady strides in a patient manner. He may also lounge on a rock, or in the shade of a tree, relaxed. However, at other times, he behaves much like a tiger, a big cat not native to Kenya that comes from a distant land. Gamba may at times behave in a way that is not recognized among leopards and lions. He may seem to possess limitless energy, or a great ferocity that is barely contained. It is easy to tell that he is not a natural creature, due to the amazing variations in his behavior. However, he does not mean any harm to anyone. Having been raised by Zanita the hyena as a cub, he knows many different words of wisdom that he calls upon to make decisions. However, though he is quite smart, and willing to learn things, most creatures turn him away. He often wonders if he was just a mistake, because he is not a creature meant to exist in the wild.

Appearance: Gamba, being part tiger, exceeds the size of a fully grown male lion (8’2” in length, 4’0” at the shoulder). He is about 11’0” long from head to tail, and stands at about 4’0” tall at the shoulder, making him larger than lions, but of equal height. His fur is mainly a tawny color, much like a lion’s, but there is a very distinct orange cast to it. He also has faded tiger stripes on his fur, and his belly is covered with white fur. The fur under his chin is also white. He has incredibly thick, dark bands on his tail, the very tip being patterned with a black tuft. His mane, while easily considered to be like a lion’s, is shorter, and appears more like a longer version of a tiger’s ruff. His eyes are a bright amber color that seems to glint more fiercely than a lion’s. He is very muscular, and his claws and teeth are very powerful. His strength is easily shown by his appearance, but he is easily identified as not being a true lion.

History: Gamba’s past is a great tragedy to all who hear it. A long time ago, a wild tiger that had been captured by humans was transported to Ethiopia. At first, he was easily kept, but one day, a foolish human juvenile tried to pet the tiger, and it escaped from imprisonment. Wishing to escape, the tiger fled, eventually crossing paths with a beautiful lioness. Despite all odds, the tiger and the lioness fell in love, and secretly chose to become mates, without telling her pride. Later, the humans found the tiger, and he revealed his affections for the lioness to the pride, before attempting to flee. He was killed by the humans, however. The pride, aghast that the lioness would fall in love with a creature other than another lion, scolded her, but did not punish her too severely, as the tiger was dead. This peace was short-lived, however, when the lioness’ pride discovered that she was pregnant. Because she had refused to choose another mate, it was immediately obvious that the unborn offspring she carried was that of the tiger. Angry, the pride declared her actions unnatural, and sent hunters to pursue her as they chased her away. The lioness, desperate, fled into Kenya, and later, encountered the Brushland Clan. It was here, that she gave birth to a single male cub, before fleeing to places unknown. The cub was not even named upon his birth, and Zanita, who had served as a midwife to the lioness, named him Gamba, and raised him as her own, teaching him the hyena way of life, before he eventually left the clan at the age of three years.

Other: Gamba exceeds the size of a full-grown male lion, and is easily identified for his unusual appearance.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 2:05 am

Nice! Accepted, of course.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:04 am

Nice! I can't wait to post with him! Anyway, Zanita is going to encounter him, and go ask Jali for some help.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 am

Nice! Can't wait to get things going, I await your post.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:28 am

Just posted, tell me when the timeskip is over, so Zanita can find Gamba, I'm ready for this!
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 am

The timeskip is over now.

I am so excited for this upcoming plot, it will be so much more fun than the last! I'm signing off for tonight, but I'll see if I can get on tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Kay, I posted. Zanita has brought Gamba to the Ridge Pride camp and is asking to see Jali.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 am

Excellent, I have responded.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I posted, Zanita just introduced Gamba, along with telling about his backstory.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 pm

Excellent as well.

Gah, sorry for being gone so long. Been caught up with school and my church has been doing a special program every night that I have been attending so this week I might be a little inactive.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 pm

It's fine, school takes its toll.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 am

Hey guys, I know this was kinda obvious, but I'm kinda overbooked at the present time, so I am probably going to drop this roleplay. Sorry. I just don't have enough time. I have no idea how the Hell I was in this many roleplays back on the Sporum.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 am

I am Gustave the legendary crocodile.

I am a, where the mundane.

I'm going to drop the RP with Maxx, at least until someone visits the river. PM me if anyone goes there an wants my presence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:54 am

Operator, please hang in there, Gustave is probably gonna run into Gamba soon, because he's part tiger, and doesn't mind getting in the water near a crocodile (I wonder who he got that from!)
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 am

I'll still be around, but at the moment, I'm cut off from everyone else, so I will be very inactive until someone asks for me to come back in.

Then just rinse and repeat until something happens and the river becomes important.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 am

There's a drought, so the river should be drying up. That would definitely get the crocodiles involved, because they need a place to live.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:18 am

Actually, at that point they'd just be burrowed down in the mud with only their noses protruding. They can go for a year or so without food. Probably longer, but at that point they start having to worry about kidney failure.

All and all, they just sit around and wait for water to return, because they normally have to fight tooth and nail for their territory, and dont like leaving it to fight for a different patch.

And then there's Gustave who'll probably be in control of the only lake in the area.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:16 pm

I know, but there's the possibility of creatures being more willing to search for water in dangerous places, and if the drought is severe, then there's not even going to be mud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next