Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 am

I have a bit of scientific data that might be discouraging to making such a large character, Operator. I assure you, that your character is not entirely safe, and that he'll still have tons of problems with fighting.

Well, Gustave is around 69 years of age, so his great size was probably achieved in part to his age. He was also estimated to weigh 2000 lbs, and last measured 20 feet in length. It's hard to say a crocodile so large is at a disadvantage, but he's actually run into a bunch of problems because of his size, compared to other crocodiles. Lots of scientists have studied him and concluded that his abnormal size and weight makes it hard to hunt his species usual prey, like gazelles and antelope. He has to fight hippopotamus and large wildebeest, along with humans, instead. A large hippo can truly be dangerous, even to a big crocodile, and humans who see a crocodile so large will try to kill or capture him. Gustave is too big to not go unnoticed, so he can't really hide from anyone, and he's already been shot at several times, evidenced by the bullet scars.

Hyenas, cheetahs, lions, and most other creatures are too fast, your character won't be able to catch them, and he would do better in fighting if he was smaller and lighter, which would make him much faster, too. The larger he is, the more he'll weigh, which will make him slower, and more likely to be spotted from a distance, or noticed by humans. It's also not easy to kill a hippo, elephant, or large wildebeest, especially a hippo. A hippo outmatches his weight, at being around 6000 lbs, and can still outrun a human, even though you'd think they'd be slower. Don't forget that they're also among the most aggressive creatures in the world. Nile Crocodiles can try to prey on babies, but adults are out of the question, because of their foul temper and their sharp tusks. A lot of Nile Crocodiles are badly injured or killed trying to fight them.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 pm

The 3 sheets have been accepted. I should probably start up the IC now. Very Happy

The Crocodile that Op has created is indeed a bit far fetched, however, say we somehow got this croc onto land... If we had enough big cats or other predators, there could be a chance of taking it out. We'll see how this goes.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Good point, teamwork is still effective, especially in a hyena clan with 80 members like the Brushland Clan.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm

A hyena pack with eighty members is even more far fetched, especially since those occasions were rarely ever recorded. Not to mention that from a logical standpoint, there would hardly be enough prey in their usual territory to feed them all, even if you attack an elephant.

A fifteen hundred pound crocodile have thick scales that can protect them from grazing blows by a lion. Also, have you ever heard of something called an alligator/crocodile death roll? Look it up. Ripping off the limbs of a creature would leave it completely incapable of fighting a large crocodile, and I can't imagine seeing ten pack animals going out to fight crocodiles. They'd leave each other alone if anything. Well... not the crocodile. Those big shots would try to eat anything. Their brains are no bigger than my fist.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Good point, not eighty, maybe just 30.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

I'll use Gustave for now, a second character would be nice to have (Instead of my usual one).

I'll see how it goes, and move Gustave away if I start to get a little OP. Just let me know if I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 pm

I might make an ostrich, I want to see what happens with a prey character getting tangled up with predators.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:02 am

Ooh, that would be good. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 am

Yeah, keep in mind, she's probably going to get an egg smashed by the enemy hyenas, and maybe her mate will get killed, too.

A female ostrich has to have a good reason for dealing with predators, since they might eat her.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 am

Or get kicked in the face so hard they get their necks broken.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 am

Mehah! Good point, but an ostrich can only kick what's directly in front of them!
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 am

You know how fast those things can turn?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:05 am

Another good point, but still, a female ostrich against more than one big cat is still pretty bad odds.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 am

Name: jinonyuma (though most call him Jino)

Species: Rhodesian Ridgeback

Personality: Jino isn't the biggest Rhodesian Ridgeback. he was a runt of the litter, and is slightly smaller than the average ridgeback. He doesn't have the sharpest teeth or claws, but he has one thing going for him that keeps him alive; he knows absolutely no fear. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are all bred like this, and they're bred for one purpose; lion hunting. Jino is a warrior to be reckoned with, because he knows absolutely no fear whatsoever. He will charge into any fight that he believes he has any chance whatsoever in winning (ie- he's not going to fight an elephant or rhino). Because of this, most lions fear him, as no matter how badly he is hurt, he never runs and never back down until he is dead.

Appearance: The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdTBBoufLk9hoJ7EZh6l0o9e0rXqH6qqFFfQL9NLW1O6cvKsKvMA He looks like this, except that his back is riddled with scars.

History: Jino's name doesn't mean "bite back" for nothing. When he was born, he was the runt of the litter, his mother not being able to care for him. So, his mother's owner took him over to a bucket of water to drown him. However, before she could kill him with the water, he leapt out and bit onto her finger with his toothless-yet-strong gums and simply would not let go until he was safe with his mother. He joined the pack with his siblings, and became an amazing hunter with incredible determination.

Other:

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:13 am

Uh, wrong RP, Maxx, this is The Pride Days, you want A Dog's Life.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 am

Thats what I thought, until I saw that Rhodesian Ridgeback's are bred in Africa.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:14 pm

It's for this. I'm making a different breed of dog for Dogs Life.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Ah, okay, I was confused, cause you mentioned the same dog breed.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Haven't ever heard of that type of dog but it's still an average dog right? I see very little chances of it getting far in this RP due to the other predators that will be put into use.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:49 pm

DarkLord999 wrote:
Haven't ever heard of that type of dog but it's still an average dog right? I see very little chances of it getting far in this RP due to the other predators that will be put into use.

Rhodesian Ridgebacks hunt lions dude. They can beat larger animals because, as I said in the personality section, fear has literally been bred out of them. One of the reasons the lion is so dominant is that other animals fear it. I'm not saying that the lion isn't a good fighter, but it won't do nearly as well against a Rhodesian Ridgeback as it would against, say, a couple of Hyenas. It would get seriously messed up.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Vipera's the African animal expert, let's see what she says. I've never heard of them so I can't really say anything just yet.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Viperas also the animal expert for South America, Europe, Asia, North America, Australia, and Antarctica.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm

Indeed. That girl sure as heck knows her animals.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Guys, you're embarrassing me!

Anyway, the dog vs. multiple hyenas?

The dog will probably lose quite easily against a number of hyenas. Plus, among the order carnivora, hyenas beat other animals by a long shot in jaw strength. Hyenas can digest bones, and can easily break them with a single bite, even those that are remarkably thick. If that dog got bit on the leg for an extended period, there's a chance he'll get a broken limb.

Actually, he could lose to his intended quarry, quite easily, if he were fighting more than one. Even a lion hunter won't walk into the lion's den.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 am

I like where this RP is going. Very Happy

I'm going to compare Scar to a witch-like opponent. Jali and Star kind of remind me of 2 Aslans from Narnia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next