Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Pride Days (OOC)

Go down 
+4
MataRahi
JunkMail
ViperaUnion
Derkal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 am

I would've expected the Bushland Clan, the River pride, or the Ridge pride to send someone to go and speak to Gustave. A pack is going to need allies. Look what happened to Germany in WW2. They decided to go it alone and lost.

Plus, safely swimming across a river is always a useful asset in retreat, especially when you have the animal equivalent of snipers picking off enemies that are following from below.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:22 am

Good idea.

EDIT: Nick, I've had Saber command a Hyena to attempt to negotiate a peace with Gustave. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:43 am

Choose your words carefully your highness...
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 am

I've an awful habit of making loner characters, I don't rightfully know what to do with Waceera now. XD
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:51 am

Ok fine. I won't make a Rhodesian Ridgeback character. I'm going to go with either a Rhino or Elephant.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 am

Good choice Maxx! Very Happy

@Mata: Zanita just took off, you could have your character meet up with her or something.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:57 am

Hm... should I make a rhino or a hippo?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 am

Good call, say Zanita mistook her for a jackal.

Anyway, the Brushland Clan is unfamiliar to all the other groups, because they mostly keep to themselves, so they don't know Gustave, or any of the other groups. Zanita now knows Jali, however, and because of this, she'll help his pride, if he finds her and asks her.

EDIT: Psst, go for the hippo, they're super tough.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 am

Lion King: The RP

Would be a more accurate name for the RP.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:09 am

Yeah, I can't help but agree there. The enemy is a lion with a scar on his face and a black mane, who controls hyenas. It is very similar to the Lion King, but not quite.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 am

Lol, yes. I actually was inspired by Kali from African Cats and Scar from what I remember of the Lion King in my making of Saber.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

Well, I said I was gonna do it, so I might as well. Here comes the distraught ostrich.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:13 am

I actually went and researched how Gustave kills hippos. By theory, he comes from below and bites down on their lower jaw and breaks it, rendering the Hippo virtually defenseless.

I also thought about how that 'spear wound' on his shoulder could've been from a hippo's tusk.

Either way, more information on this elusive croc who just seems to take your hits and keep coming.

Last edited by TheOperator on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:23 am

Cool!

Vipera, pms, if you're not busy.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 am

Here's the ostrich, poor dear, she lost her mate and her egg in one day.

Name: Unati

Species: Ostrich

Personality: Unati is a very caring, motherly ostrich, who often tries to assist friends in times of need. She offers advice to those who are lost, and tries to help anyone who is hurt. However, aside from this, she is almost always suffering from anxiety or worry. Being a female of a species that is often hunted, she is always afraid of being seen as prey. She can’t stop panicking when dangerous creatures are nearby, and even the slightest creatures frighten her. However, it appears often that she does not realize her own power. She can run up to 43 miles per hour, and her kicks are lethal, and could easily kill a lion with one blow. However, when it comes to conflict, she prefers to flee.

Appearance: Unati weighs about 220 lbs. and stands at a height of 6’ 7”. Much like females of her species, she has thick, greyish pink skin on her powerful legs, and the two toes on each foot, tipped with large nails, resemble hooves in a certain way. Her face and neck are covered in fuzzy, cream-colored feathers, and the feathers on her body are a rich brown, the tips of her tail feathers and primaries being white. Her beak is a pinkish-orange color, and her large eyes are a dark shade of brown.

History: Unati spent much of her life in a small flock of female ostriches, ever since she had hatched. Much of her life was spend in this flock, which often stayed close to a herd of zebras, for safety, and she often tried to avoid being eaten by predators. Even fully grown, she was still paranoid. This anxiety grew worse after she found her mate, Shen, and established a nest. This was when a terrible occurrence happened. Wild dogs invaded the nest, and killed Shen, and smashed the only egg they had. Unati, with no other choice, was forced to flee.

Other: Unati is very skittish, and even a small sound can scare her.

Also, Operator, still runs the risk of being stomped on. A hippo wouldn't let you get beneath him that easily.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:48 am

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 am

DarkLord999 wrote:
@Mata: Zanita just took off, you could have your character meet up with her or something.

Okay, cool! Thanks! :D
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:44 am

I see a rivalry Nick. Maybe they fight for control of the water hole/river?

name: Hasira

species: Hippopotamus

personality: Hasira is an angry fellow. He is normally very grumpy, and believes that the river is the property of his family. He will fight anyone who tries to enter the river or claim it for themselves, and prevents people whom he doesn't like from drinking there. You have to be in with Hasira to be allowed to cross the river, though he likes the lions because they keep those stupid mangy hyena poachers at bay. He has an endless hatred for Gustave, that stupid croc who thinks that he is the boss. They have a big rivalry over the river; Gustave controlling the Hyena's half and Hasira controlling the half closest to the lions. In the whole scheme of things, Hasira allies himself with the group that packs the most punch ie, the lions. Though, honestly, he couldn't care less about their whole debate so long as they don't get any blood in his river.

appearance: Hasira is one big, pissed-off looking hippo. He is massive, nearly 8,000 pounds, 16 feet long, and five feet high. He dwarfs most other animals except for Rhinos and Elephants. His skin is a dark plum color and he has long grey whiskers, as he's an older hippo. One of his most defining features is the long scar running down his back from where he got in a fight with that stupid Gustave.

History: Hasira was born farther up the river, in a place called "Nile" by the humans. He grew up there, but eventually moved to a different river after his father was killed by a human with one of those death shooter thingies. When he got to the river, an older crocodile saw him and though he'd make a good snack. So, the croc (who isn't Gustave) went after Hasira, but Hasira's mother stepped in the Croc's way, and they fought mercilessly. Both died in the end, and the crocs kept away from Hasira since.

other: if the section about Gustave isn't allowed, I'll try to figure out a way to fix it.

i'm also working on a second character, maybe a tortoise. Perhaps he could be some kind of medicine man?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 am

Just know that Crocs like Gustave, as big as he is, are going to have a massive advantage in the water, and Gustave tends to go as he pleases, regardless of territory. Dont be surprised if he goes into Hasira's territory and doesn't care if Hasira has a problem with it. Gustave will be Gustave.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 am

Operator, Hippos fight in the water. Both of them would have an advantage.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 am

TheOperator wrote:
Just know that Crocs like Gustave, as big as he is, are going to have a massive advantage in the water, and Gustave tends to go as he pleases, regardless of territory. Dont be surprised if he goes into Hasira's territory and doesn't care if Hasira has a problem with it. Gustave will be Gustave.

Then I hope being stomped on by a four ton hippo is covered by Obamacare Razz
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:57 am

I dont doubt that he's not only taken on four ton hippos in real life, but killed and eaten them too.

Good luck, we'll both need it.

So, if the ridge pack befriends Maxx's hippo, then both sides will have 'tanks' if you will.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:04 am

Okay, 16 foot long, 8000 pound hippo, oh never mind. when's grox gonna get on so I can have Hasira ki-I mean introduce himself. Razz
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:13 am

I dunno, but I think it's time I make the cheetah king. He will be noble and wise, but he will be very suspicious of strangers.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 am

sounds cool.

Vipera, do you know of any African apes/monkeys that would live in Kenya?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pride Days (OOC)   The Pride Days (OOC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pride Days (OOC)
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next