Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Apparition (OOC/Planning)

Go down 
+5
Lieo
The Stalker of Shadows
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Derkal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 am

Well, actually, she doesn't so much believe in the ghost, so much as she gets these panic attacks, or something. Like she's sensitive to the supernatural, but doesn't really know it. You know how you sometimes just get a feeling that something's going wrong, but you don't know what? Well, she has my reaction to bad situations, which is where you worry about it and panic to the point that you have a meltdown and start crying, and then everyone's staring because you looked fine a minute ago. Anyway, here she is.

Name: Emily Douglass (alias Edward Stowe)

Appearance: Emily is a rather attractive young woman, in appearance, although her choice of clothing is rather plain. She stands at about 5’7” tall, and has a thin, slender figure. Her sleek, wavy hair, which is a dark auburn color, is cut short into a bob, which frames her face. She has large dark brown eyes, which are considered doe-like, with long eyelashes. She has a small nose, and cherubic lips. However, this does not hide the square jaw of her chin, which is incredibly masculine. Most of the time, Emily will wear a simple, yet thick, black cotton dress, which has an inner lining made with wool, which keeps her warm. This dress has a modest neckline, long sleeves that cover the arms, and comes down almost to her ankles, although the material of the skirts is loose, and she wears briefs like pants underneath, so that she still has freedom of movement. Her shoes have curved toes, almost no heel, and stay on with laces, which is perhaps the one thing that makes her clothing seem masculine, yet plain.
Emily’s second set of clothing, which is that of her alias Edward Stowe, is much like that of most boys or young men, and due to the fact that she is actually a young woman, Emily is dressed in such a way that people would not notice her very easily. As Edward, she wears a dark brown topcoat, with matching tweed breeches that cover her ankles. Her shoes are simple black leather boots, which are incredibly durable. Emily will also put on a dark brown bowler hat, which she tilts so that it casts a shadow over her face. She also wears a pair of dark brown work gloves, to hide her small hands, which look definitely feminine. She speaks with a Soprano voice type, which makes her voice difficult to disguise as male.

Personality: Emily, although at times reckless or brave, is traditionally a very logical yet timid person. Although she knows a lot of things other people don’t, she has a lot of issues regarding certain things people her age have long ago gotten over. For one thing, she still retains her childhood fear of the dark, and is also easily startled by strange or sudden sounds, including lightning and thunder, which she has a phobia of. Often, this is evidenced by the fact that she frequently looks over her shoulder, and her eyes dart around the room. Strangely, however, these fears are not as prominent during the day, and only appear to be a problem when the sun is not in the sky, or when the sky is dark and stormy. Fog may also trigger these fears. However, strangely, skies that are cloudy with white clouds that make it seem bright outside make her feel more comfortable, even though it is often cold and wet on such days. However, Emily may also be afraid of these things because of her alias, Edward Stowe, which is a young man that wanders the town. She is often afraid of being called out or noticed, due to the fact that she cannot do things as a woman, and people would think she was strange dressed as a man. She is also increasingly nervous, due to the strange occurrences in town, and sometimes , regardless of what identity she is currently using, she may burst into tears, because she truly feels like something is wrong, even though it could be written off as hyper-sensitivity. What she doesn’t realize, is that she’s actually very accurate about the issues.

History: Emily is descended from an Irish-American Lineage that occurred when an Irish family, escaping from the great potato famine in Ireland, fled to America. Because of this, many members of her family sport reddish hair, and square chins. However, despite this having occurred a long time ago, the Douglass family is middle-class, and Emily’s parents work on textiles. Emily herself is rather proficient with a needle, but at the age of 13, she began to dress up as a boy, after tiring of the limitations put on females by men. She found that she enjoyed the increased freedom, and continues to do this. However, her hypersensitivity to sound and smell makes her very timid, and her voice makes it nearly impossible to talk to people without risking her identity. It is because of this that her alias, Edward Stowe, is only known as ‘that boy that wanders by every now and then.’

Other: Believe
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 am

Accepted! Nice job!
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

OH! When did this go up? Pehaps during my activity lapse? Likely........ I will poke around and maybe jion this.

And old Isolated town? Nice! in the mountians? Better. Haunted? Awesome! FYI depending on what part of the Appalachin regoin your in the oldest town couldn't have been settled any earlier than the 1770's. Sorry. I'm a bit of a history buff when it comes to that region. Cuz i live not in it, but near it.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm

Probably better anyways. I'll change it when I get to my laptop
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Meh. Just saying. Towns along the Coast got setteled in the Late 16000's abd early 1700's, but settlers didn't start moving west into that area till the mid 1700's and the earliest towns i know of were all settled in the 1770's
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:25 pm

Science likely hasn't unveiled the heat absorbent qualities of specific colors just yet.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Well, I suppose you're right, there, but I still don't have a huge problem with the color black. Besides, it really makes my character look even plainer in appearance than the color white would, and black can represent things like death or grief, which I guess fits the RP, anyway. My character isn't exactly a cheerful personality.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 pm

I think we'll make it so that the story takes place during the 1870s and such, but the town itself was settled in the 1770s. The ghost herself typically wears a black dress, and that's something that is crucial.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Well, then, that even more strongly supports my character's alias, since during that time we had a lot of stuff occurring, and women still aren't nearly as independent during that time period.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 pm

This should go well then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:03 am

1870s?

You have made my life so much better Grox.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 am

Mehah, it's much more fun with horse-drawn carriages.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:34 am

Hmm... Actually as I'm looking over several web pages, I think it would be better to skip back a few years. Let's try 1820 or something between then or 1850. Does that sound good?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 am

That's a little too far, Grox. By 1820-1850, tensions between the North and South are slowly building up to the Civil War. It's supposed to be about ghosts, but the issue of slavery would be involved, since there's a lot of debate over the western territories becoming slave or free states, and there's a Fugitive Slave Act somewhere that might lead to violent scenes involving captured slaves.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:43 am

Ah, you're right. I just didn't want this to get too close to the Industrial Revolution. Then again there's a few inventions like certain trains that could be put into use here. So I think 1870s is fine.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 am

Well, you aren't just close to the Industrial Revolution, you're long past it. It began in 1760, and didn't end until about 1840. By this point, there's railroads, textile industry, and then the steel plow and such. The telegraph was invented a long time ago. I'm not sure where electricity stands, but I imagine it's still not very common.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:53 am

*faceslap*

LOL. Well, that's better. The only electricity we'll need in this RP is like lanterns, although I think the first ones were powered by gas right?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:57 am

I'm sure gas-powered lanterns are still the norm.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:59 am

No, I've seen some electric powered ones 'round before.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 am

Well, I think that unless you're rich, you're limited to kerosine or something like that in the RP.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:17 am

Ok, sounds good. That sums most of it up. I'll wait for Maxx, Prussian, and Put to make their sheets and then we'll start the IC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:44 am

Okay, then.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:45 am

Gettin' there boss.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

Awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:15 am

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apparition (OOC/Planning)   The Apparition (OOC/Planning) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Apparition (OOC/Planning)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next