Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Freaks OOC: We're back.

Go down 
+8
JunkMail
God-Mod
Balufire
ViperaUnion
Derkal
VikingWalruz
MataRahi
Maxx
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:56 pm

and now, ladies and gentlemen, the proverbial sh*t is going to hit the watcher fan.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:40 pm

...err...okay...still waiting on character interaction, though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Im getting there. I've been at a funeral all day.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Okay...sorry...
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Feel free to bump into Winter at any time, VU.~
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Posted, Winter is now in a face off with a Jaguar.
Back to top Go down
VikingWalruz
Newborn
VikingWalruz

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 am

Holy crap, I am sorry guys. I kinda got The Elder Scrolls Collection on Steam a few days ago, and I completely forgot about all my responsibilities. Luckily, I didn't miss anything here, right?
Back to top Go down
MataRahi
Life Giver
MataRahi

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 am

Naw, you're good. :3

Besides, it's the Elder Scrolls. That would be a valid excuse to miss, like, a workday.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 am

What is your name?: Dr. R.S., or S for short.

How old are you?: 57 (27 in hisssss years...)

Are you male or female?: I'm pretty sure I'm still male.

What do you look like?:

He measures 6'11 or so at the shoulder, however, after his little 'episode' his neck was easily two feet or more in length, and his head is very similar to a rattlesnake's. He usually curves it in order to keep around 7'2. His scaly skin has the same pattern as an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake's and his tail is about seven or so feet in length, he usually keeps the appendage near himself at all times in the lab so others don't trip on it. Said appendage is also tipped with a rattle. His feet no longer have five toes or normal ankles, both of which have been replaced with feet that consist of two large toes with a large black talon on each, and his heal has lengthened so he walks pidgin toed like a theropod dinosaur. His arms remain relatively unchanged, besides the pattered scales and nails replaced with large black claws. He is usually seen wearing a black muscle shirt and jeans (Which reach down to his ankel joints), with a large white lab coat.

What is your personality like?:

Despite his rather threatening appearance, he is actually kinda like that high school nerd that suddenly gets talked to by the hottest cheerleader around. Meaning he stutters, has a very shy personality, and has a somewhat higher pitched voice (Just below average pitch for a man). He can sometimes be sarcastic, and most of his jokes are bad.

However, when Black Mamba is mentioned...

He is no longer the nerdy snake man.

He is a dark snake man that seems like a single look will turn you to stone like Medusa.

He is subject to a wide range of personality disorders, all a result of his permanent reptilian body.

These personalities are as follows:

Angry personality:

Advantages) Good for fight prep, doesn't hold back, as his mind is clouded and has no room for remorse or mercy. Rarely comes out without prolonged inferred sights, or intense ridicule.
Disadvantages) Doesn't know friend from enemy.

Reclusive personality:

Advantages) Most commonly seen in his behavior, doesn't attack, easily approachable.

Dark personality:

Advantages) Comes out only after injury and mention of family member(?) or Black Mamba. This seems to be a predatory personality type, and will result in an explosively tempered man that will result with attack after a short period of time.

Disadvantages) Short temper, easily angered.

What is your power?:

He's a snake man, he can crawl on most surfaces, swim well, has some nice claws, inferred and color vision, heightened senses, and venom. His biggest attribute, however, is his stealth. This man has the most uncanny ability of not being noticed until you step on him. You step on the snake, you get the fangs and a lethal dose of venom. He has slight healing abilities (Like a gash will start to form a blood clot instead of needing stitches, but it'll still take a week or so to heal depending on how bad it it). His intellect also remains intact.

Weaknesses:

Not the best runner, and is very susceptible to cold temperatures, despite being warm blooded. His healing ability doesn't affect smaller lacerations (Like small cuts, etc) and it doesn't affect diseases or viruses. Prolonged usage of inferred sight will result in strange colored vision, nausea, headaches, and an angry personality.

Anything else you'd like to tell me?:

His doctrine is in astronomy. He loves space. Giving him a little diorama of the solar system is like Christmas for him. He dreams to go out and visit the stars one day, and step foot on the moon. Just mentioning anything to do with the universe will set off a chain of events that leads to him talking your ear off for the next week.

His skin sheds once every few months, so his skin is usually void of all scars or blemishes.

ALPACA!!! GATTACA

By the sheet, I kinda made it so that Dr.S is already in the A.52, is that acceptable?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm

um.. Operator, he's cool and all but our main villain (or so you think!) is already a snake.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:42 pm

the Watcher;s new non-combat theme song

his action theme will still be Hurricane by Theory of a deadman, but this song kinda sums him up. A hero with a broken heart.

and now it's time for the Raven's first murder
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Maxx, can you post your guy coming into the clearing or something?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm

which guy? max is still in the airplane talking to mego. sorry
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
um.. Operator, he's cool and all but our main villain (or so you think!) is already a snake.

I know, but Dr. R.S. isn't going to be a villain, but a good guy and a scientist that's studying genetics and astronomy. He's a victim of Black Mamba's schemes(If that's acceptable) and could be a target of her's later.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 am

TheOperator wrote:
Maxx Toron wrote:

I know, but Dr. R.S. isn't going to be a villain, but a good guy and a scientist that's studying genetics and astronomy. He's a victim of Black Mamba's schemes(If that's acceptable) and could be a target of her's later.

well... i suppose that'll work. he can be a big part of the "real" plot.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 am

Won't everyone? In don't want to be a big part unless others are included, because that would be spotlighting.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:14 am

I hate spotlighting. It effectively ruins the RP, because one 'main' character gets all the attention, and is treated as though they are more important than others. Last time that happened, it was actually my own character, forced into a spotlighting position by other characters belonging to the GM of the RP. I hated it, because I felt like I was being mean, and people were subtly hinting they didn't like it, either. When I abandoned that character out of a sheer act of annoyance and irritation, the entire RP died, because the whole plot became built around my character. I actually didn't regret it. A character out for revenge? I don't hold grudges, and I can't get into the mindset of a character that does.

Just saying, don't spotlight characters, because sometimes in RP's, I am guilty of the crime of not bothering to read things that don't concern my characters. Mainly, because of the fact that I get bored with things that don't involve my own. Besides, in the end, it can be beneficial, because then there's no possible way I can metagame. I won't read half the RP if I'm just a third wheel, or whatever it is that you'd consider not important. RP's aren't where you make a plot, and everyone else is just a supporting character. Everyone makes a main character, so to speak.

In conclusion, if nobody but your own characters are important to the main plot, Me, along with others, might walk out later on out of sheer aggravation that their characters are sitting on the sidelines.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:22 am

I can relate to that, one of the reasons I havent posted much with Hiss on C.Z. I've had what, two people talk to me in the span of twelve pages? (You and god-mod, although GM didn't stick around to finish.)
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:39 am

Yeah, I guess you could say RP's develop into their own little clubs and groups. Once they get established, it's hard to get in.

My first RP I ever joined, Half-Blooded, I wasn't really that important to the story. Lot of the plot was missing, 'cause I joined later on. My character was involved just enough to keep me interested enough to continue RPing. Other than that, romances between characters, friendships, alliances? My character was kept in the dark, and wound up the poor pushover that wound up helping people, no matter how much of a fix they were in.

I didn't mind, but when two characters had kids, and poor Cunarocle (Later called Rachel, for simplicity reasons) wound up being some sort of advisor to the two separate mothers, things became a bit uncomfortable for me. She had to deal with telling one person what and what not to eat or feed the baby, while at the same time trying to figure out why the other mom is having an emotional meltdown. (That was a nightmare)

In the end, I wound up with the character that wasn't quite appreciated until the sequel, because only then was I a part of the group. It took that long for both moms, (And several other characters) to realize what Rachel put up with, which is actually a lot. She started having anxiety problems later in the story, because she started to doubt she could handle all that stress.

So, after my crazy example, let me say this: People become a group, and you have to work to truly become a part of it. Eventually, they'll have to let you in on it, because eventually your character becomes important enough in the story to require that.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Hey Maxx, am I accepted?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 am

you were accepted last page dude. though remember, Black Mamba may or may not be the main villain, so he will probably be stronger than your Dr.

by the way, do you want him to be a teacher at the "school"? I need some teachers.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:36 am

Dr. S functions more as a stealth operative, like Connor (You know who I'm talking about I you're keeping up with AC). He's not the strongest, nor is he the fastest. In a fight, he'd be the guy counter attacking. He's meant more for brains than brawn.

Anyway, I think a science teacher is needed, why not have Dr. S be that?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

ok. excellent. post as soon as you want to. however, please be advised that the base is underground so your classroom can't have any windows. Besides that, it can look like whatever you wish it to look like.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Long post is complete.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:21 am

I'm so sorry for vanishing, I've been really busy with fencing and life in general and have been otherwise unable to post. Thankfully I shouldn't be very busy this week so I should be on more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Freaks OOC: We're back.    The Freaks OOC: We're back.  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Freaks OOC: We're back.
Page 5 of 32Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 32  Next