Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) Empty
PostSubject: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 am

Act 1: Days of the Regenesis

Music:

Sage and...

The Carnival, New Black Fall: 7:48 PM

The late-teen known as Sage has lived it's entire life under the veil of it's rich family, The Pimm Family. Everything about them were high-class... and despised. Even the most distant member of the family; Sage, can't go without one person's prejudice against it. One day it dreamed of living it's life completely distant to the collective affairs of the family it was born into. Those days would come when paradise has been established. That paradise will come, but it would have to deal with it for now. This particular night Sage had found itself in the Carnival district of Black Fall. At night, on a school night, it was still vibrant with all sorts of life. Tourists were going here to have fun. Some teens were simply just goofing off avoiding study. Sage had arrived here with it's younger brother; Colin, to enjoy themselves. After a small distraction, Sage had lost track of it's younger brother and now was wading through the crowds to find him. Today it was wearing a simple choice of clothing, a grey T-shirt with a Basketball written on it's chest. Tattered blue jeans, and large, tan boots. It also wore oval shaped glasses over it's eyes, and had the same golden necklace it was always seen wearing. It was wading through the crowds of people, hoping to identify a blonde haired boy wearing blue clothes. It was his own stupidity for letting him get away.

Sage had wandered into a dark-alley way. Which was a rather poor decision for what was to come. It felt like there was a presence all around it. In the shadows. A liquid-like blob of darkness had traveled up the light-poles and obscured them from sight. Causing the lights to dim enough so that Sage couldn't see. The first response that the androgyne could think of was creating a small orb of light on the tip of it's finger and illuminated the area. The same liquid-y darkness had pooled at Sage's feet and kept him held down. If it tried to move it's feet it couldn't move. The darkness pool got thicker as tiny, paper thin hands came out of the darkness pool and gently caressed Sage's being. It felt like it was being violated. Then it got angry since there was no other person capable of this. "Caden!" Sage called out to what it assumed was it's rival. Immediately the darkness released it and retracted below the boardwalks of the Carnival.

"Me." A voice came from below as several feet away from Sage the darkness had pooled into a puddle. Sage had took several steps back and prepared for an attack. Light came out of it's right hand and formed a large seven foot long pole and at the very end was a Cross-shaped blade. The darkness shortly started to take shape, of a person around the same age as Sage. Tall, slender build, with long and thick dreadlocks. This was none other than Caden Zorich. At the moment the master of darkness was just featureless darkness. No color and anything to it. "You seem to be rather upset." Caden says nonchalantly. He was fully aware that Sage was his enemy, but that wasn't stopping him from casual conversation. Like a wave, Caden's being colored up and revealed the rest of him. He was wearing a hoodie of a darker shade of white, and white sweat pants of a different shade.

"I thought I made it clear that I never wanted to see you again!" Sage roars.

"Ah, yes, yes. I know. I just wanted to let you know that the next stage is on it's way to beginning." Coming from Caden's feet was a cloud of darkness which pooled on the ground. He stepped a few feet to the side and made a throne out of the same darkness. A large and evil looking chair out of his darkness, he sat down on it and kept his eyes on Sage. "You can still join us.. But, I know your type. One thing angers you and you'll forever hate me. I understand... I just want you to understand that what I'm doing is for--- Let's just say 'The Greater Good' " Caden spoke in a calm and unnerving tone.

"Nothing you do will be for the greater good." Sage started off, "You just want power."

"Why, yes, yes. Power. You know; power is the means of change. IF people didn't have the power to achieve change... Then, my, my. We would still be enslaving the negro community, fighting each other with swords, and fighting Nazis. We wouldn't have even gotten this far! Can you ever say that without that power within' you; that you were able to carve your path...? I digress... unfortunately, in order for me to help evolve humanity I need a slice of power. Because no one can carve their path without power, can they?" Caden spoke in a charming, and calm tone. While staring directly at Sage. "I just want you to loan your own... It's... for the greater good."

Sage was disgusted at Caden, first the maniac somehow gets it's sister on it's side and now this? "Never. You're nothing but bad news."

"And you're not? I've heard some things about you!" Caden speaks in a fake joyful tone, "You get quite clingy when you find that love... Ending up pushing them away, yes? You're like a Porcupine trying to mate with a Hedge-ho---"

"That's enough. I don't know where you heard that from, but I'm not going to be lectured by the likes of you!" Sage shouts.

"I say... You have quite the... Oh, never-mind. You'll never get it until you start to see again, my good boy. Dispose of that light and 'pure mind' and maybe we'll be able to see eye to eye again?" Caden states as his throne of darkness fades away and he transforms back into the metallic, liquid-y darkness then seeps through the boardwalk until he was out of sight. Leaving nothing but a confused and angry Sage. The first thing it did was dispel the light spear. Then it looked around, feeling that it wasted some valuable time here.

My associate is on the trail of some... allies. Maybe I should check up on her... Caden thinks to himself as he flies around under the boardwalks.

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 5:25 am

The Black Fall industrial district

"People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

High above the cold concrete floor of a Saybre-tech warehouse on the outskirts of black fall, something moved. Something in the darkness wrought it creeping shadow down upon the floor. The floor was frequented by the roar of motorcycles and the laughter of drunken men. He hated drunken men. The thing in the darkness slowly crept along a metal catwalk, careful not to alert the people on the floor to his presence. The men on the floor were members of a gang; an infamous biker gang known as the Skulls. He had been set on their trail when they broke into a bank downtown and cleaned it out, leaving nothing but damaged corpses and broken windows. The door of the vault had been bashed clean in as if some kind of beast had torn it down.

And a beast had torn it down. Sitting on its black Harley Davidson chopper was a peculiar figure; a roundish man with what looked like the snout of a pig. A pair of horns jutted out from the corners of its mouth. The beast was one of ten men all sitting on their bikes drinking, and it drank heavily from a bottle of whiskey. Warpig hadn't even bothered to open the bottle; it had broken the neck clean off and drank from the rest of it. In the middle of the bikes, a scrawny man with paper white skin sat, dividing up an assortment of jewelry, weapons, and clothing, making piles in front of each bike.

"Good haul, eh Carlos?" Warpig said. A creature to the right of Warpig with waxy armored skin and a long scorpion tail looked over to Warpig and replied with a Mexican accent.

"Si, Warpig." Carlos said, his black eyes staring blankly at his boss "We made off good tonight! A jewelry store and a gun shop! And the sun just went down!" He laughed and drank from a bottle of vodka. High above the group, the man in the shadows shuddered. He looked at one of the bay windows at the top of the building. The last few rays of sun were clawing at the horizon, and these people had already done all of this. Something like this could not be allowed. The whirr of cop cars could be heard in the distance, and The Watcher looked down in loathing. The police would never find these thugs, and if they did, they wouldn't do enough. There was only one thing you could do to heathens like these; only one punishment could possibly stop these monsters. They must feel the pain of those whom they killed. They must have their own limbs torn off and thrown into the fire so they knew what they had done. Yes, only one punishment would work in this situation, and this punishment was death.

The Watcher stepped to the edge of the catwalk, and drew a knife from the inside of his trenchcoat. it was about six inches long, with a simple wooden hilt wrapped in a leather hand grip. It would be enough to end these bast*rd's lives. He looked at the inky black sky one last time, and jumped. Warpig looked up last second, picking up a new scent; yes, it was him. He'd found them. Warpig squealed out, but it wasn't soon enough. The pale man in the middle of the circle stood straight up just in time for The Watcher to land on his shoulders and drive him into the ground. He brought the knife down upon the man's skull, and it split in two easily, as if his head were a melon. The man absorbed The Watcher's shock, and he stood up on the pile, his silver mask reflecting the light of the motorcycle lights.

"I knew you'd find me," Warpig muttered, getting off of his bike "I just didn't think that you'd be stupid enough to land in the middle of nine mutants!" The Watcher looked up, his eyes glowing violet.

"The time for talk is over Warpig." he said "Now it is time for you to make like a pig at the slaughterhouse and die!" At this word, The Watcher looked up at Warpig and fired a blast of purple light from his eyes. Warpig squealed as the laser hit his shoulder. His durability kept him from being injured by it, but getting hit by a laser hurt.

"Kill him!" Warpig cried out. The gang sprang into action, and so did The Watcher. A werewolf-looking creature with the head of a german shepherd was the first to arrive at him. The wolf man was midair, just above him. The Watcher sped his vision up, causing everything to move in slow motion. He pulled himself to the ground and rolled under the dog, delivering a bonecrushing uppercut to a mutant covered in quills. The porcupine-man stumbled backwards and cried out in pain as three of his teeth shattered. He fell on his back semiconscious, and the Watcher finished him off by pulling out his gun; a .44 magnum revolver. One bullet was enough to put the beast out of its misery. Another creature ran up, his hand on fire, and The Watcher delivered a powerful kick to the next opponent's chest cavity, sending it flying back. Carlos ran towards The Watcher, his scorpionlike tail held high, and struck. The Watcher rolled once more, and the wolf man was upon him again. He grabbed the wolf man by its snout and the back of its head, and pulled quickly to the right, snapping its neck. The wolf man let out a doglike squeal and was dead before it hit the floor. The scorpion tail came down, and the Watcher dove to the side to avoid the hit. The flaming man, who had gotten back up somehow, was instead targeted by the strike, and died almost instantly as the stinger pierced his heart.

The next man up was less of a man and more of a cloud of smoke with red eyes. It let out a strange, rasping roar, and The Watcher stared it straight in the eyes. The cloud shuddered, and began to form a human again, which began to shake as if the room had been struck by an earthquake. The gang stopped as the man screamed in agony and dropped to the floor, shaking as if he were having a seizure. A second wolf man dove at The Watcher and struck at his face with sharp claws. The mask caught the claws and The Watcher shoved his pistol into the dog's belly. A roaring boom broke the chaos, and the dog fell to the ground, clutching its stomach and squealing. The rev of a motorcycle engine and the lights of its headlamp struck the Watcher as a Harley Davidson drove right at him. Once more, he slowed time, and jumped just before the motorcycle got to him. He spun in midair, and delivered a powerful spinning kick to the driver, knocking him off of the bike and sending the latter screeching across the warehouse floor. The driver tried to get back up, but The Watcher ended his life with a laser blast to the back of the head. One more heathen dead.

Now it was Warpig's turn. It let out an angry squeal as the monstrous pig charged at The Watcher with it's eyes at the ground. He stepped out of the way, and Warpig crashed into the side of the warehouse, making a loud booming noise as he caused the wall to partially collapse. Carlos struck at The Watcher, who rolled to the side. Carlos' tail slammed into the concrete and got stuck. The Watcher pulled back the hammer of his gun, and was struck int he gut suddenly by the fist of Warpig, who had not been phased by slamming into a brick wall. He struck The Watcher in the face, cursing as the mask cut his middle finger wide open.

"Now I'm gonna break you!" Warpig screamed. A catlike mutant with the head of a black puma pounced at The Watcher, and their eyes met midair. It let out a roar like a mountain lion, and crashed into Warpig, knocking him away. The cat man rolled off of Warpig, shaking and crying. Warpig stared at the cat, and noticed that its pupil had expanded to the point that barely any of the rest of the eye remained. Warpig turned around to be greeted by a punch to the face The Watcher pointed the gun at Warpig, and Carlos' tail struck it out of his hand. He grabbed the tail and used it to parry the strike of a mutant with swords for hands. The Watcher shot the man in the eyes with his laser vision, blinding him, and kneed the man in a place no man should ever be kneed. He screamed and fell to the floor, his own knife going through his chest. Warpig was about to make another charge and an elastic mutant was about to throw his arms around The Watcher's throat like a noose when the whirr of sirens broke the fight. The police had arrived. All members of the fight scattered, leaving the dead on the floor in puddles of blood. The Watcher climbed a ladder and jumped out of the window onto an adjacent ledge across a black alleyway alight with sirens. That was enough heroics for one night. Now it was time to get away before the corrupted justice system tried to wrongly seize him for dishing out true justice. The hypocrites.

Downtown Black Fall; the 22nd Century Club

"GOOD EVENING BLACK FALL! It's your host the Prince here! Who's ready to party!" The screams of the young adults, mostly women, screamed in approval as Dante Copeland slid onto the stage, in front of an array of soundboards and DJ tables. He was wearing a white button-up dress shirt open-collared with a tie loosely on, as well as a pair of black trousers and what looked like loafers. Atop his head was a black cap, and a smile was stretched across his face. He let the crowd cheer and brought the mic back to his face.

"ALRIGHT GUYS AND GALS!" he yelled out "How about we start off this party with a bit of my boy Skrillex?" The crowd cheered, and he began to play Bangarang on the speakers. A stream of multicolored light from all over began to flash across the crowd like stars in a perfect night as the crowd began to dance and socialize. Dante hit a few buttons on one of his boards, and a laser show broke out on the stage, showering the crowds with green and red lasers in tune to the music. This was his job; what Dante did every night. The 22nd Century club was a 21+ dance club well-known for its futuristic music mix of techno and dubstep, as well as its fantastic laser shows. The club was one main chrome-plated room covered in flashing lights and mini bars which were perfectly circular and located conveniently in the middle of the dance floors. Every tile of the floor was a video screen that interacted with dance steps. Some were giant DDR boards for the less-sober crowd, and some were games like soccer. The latter fourth of the room was blocked off with a retractible steel wall. Behind it was a strip club which wasn't nearly as glamorous as the rest of the club. Dante's stage was exactly in the middle of the dance floor, in the middle of all the action. The club cost a fortune, and was run by Javier Elias, who paid Dante well. He was most likely the best-payed DJ in the country, and he loved this job more than anything but the women who danced there.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Down by the riverside, a fisherman, surrounded by a small group of followers, scowled as he pulled out of the water the mangled remains of a steel mesh cage. "Darn it! The beast got away again!" He grumbled under his breath, thinking about how expensive it would be to repair the trap. One of the observers walked up and inspected the bite-like tears that wracked the frame, "I keep telling you, Hudson, Frillerfang isn't going to fall for a steel mesh cage. It never bites fishing lines, and if it gets caught in a trap, it destroys it. The only cages that would contain it would be too heavy to haul back to the surface." Another person who had not been present a minute before spoke up, "Wait, Frillerfang? Isn't that just an urban legend?" Hudson looked up and glared at the stranger, "Oh, I assure you, Frillerfang is very real, and it's been eluding my capture for years. Never present when I cast a line, never seems to bite, and it destroys any trap that I design to capture it. I haven't even seen the beast, and all I wish to do now is claim the creature for a trophy."

The stranger snickered, "So what? Those bite marks could just be from a large fish that lives in the river, you said it yourself, you haven't even seen it." Hudson stepped aside as the other person who had been observing his trap came forward, "He hasn't seen it, but I have. Frillerfang doesn't appear before people who seek to capture it for sport, and it never will be caught, such as it is. I wish to examine it for research purposes." The stranger laughed again, "Yeah, what does it look like? Hopefully not those fish we saw on the tabloids." The small gathered crowd laughed. "For reference, those fish were frilled sharks, and while similar to Frillerfang, they don't compare in regards to size. Frillerfang has glowing blue spots running down its back, and is certainly larger than a full-grown human, from what I can deduce." The stranger just kept smiling, his face smug, "Prove it." He said.

In the distance, something eerily similar to what the man had described suddenly began to glow under the river. The crowd fell silent, and the stranger's jaw dropped in shock. "Does that answer your question?" Hudson growled. The lights suddenly darted away, and then went dark, as though what had been present had never appeared at all

Deep in the woods, a swarm of ants went about their duties of gathering food. They climbed to the tops of branches where aphids, producers of honeydew, waited to be milked, a tiny replica of the dairy farmers and their cows. The dandelions that everyone seemed to take for granted were precious, for their sweet nectar that larger creatures could not attain sustenance. Small insects were also valuable, anything that could be eaten, the ants would do so without protest. They did not care if it was sweet or bitter, in a world where you had to survive, food was food. However, there was also the need for protection, but the ants seldom worried. A bird swooped down and tried to devour one of them, but soon fell victim to their stings, and that became food, too.

Overseeing the ants in their work, was one who was once human. Brigit watched over the massive colony of insects, and in turn, the ants took care of her. Everything she currently had, she thanked the ants for, and the ants owed their great number and safety to her. Like them, Brigit did not protest what would keep her alive. She accepted the swarm's gift of food with happiness, and congratulated them for their wonderful work. In this place, where normal humans could not see their world, everything was perfect.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 pm

The screams of a young woman echoed through a particularly dark alley in the Black Fall industrial district. The girl was new to town, and when she heard about the low crime rate, decided that it was a good idea to go walking through alleys at night. Two attackers had grabbed her from behind and threw her into the wall. A gun had been pressed to her forehead, and her purse confiscated, but the men wanted more. One man kept the gun at her forehead, and the other one slapped her across the face, causing her mouth to stop moving so he could put a thick piece of duck tape across it. She began to struggle, but didn't want to die. Why was the world so cruel as to drop a young, innocent woman into the claws of a pair of rapist scum? One of the men grabbed her belt, unloosed it quickly, and threw it across the alley, where it bounced off of a brick wall. The man without the gun lunged to pull down the woman's blue skinny jeans, and when he got them about halfway down her legs, he froze as a raspy voice spoke from behind him.

"Rape is a felony, you know." the voice said.

"Carl?" the man without the gun called.

"Oh sh*t man! It's him! He's real!" Was the reply. The Watcher stepped out of the shadows, and the man with the gun moved it to point at him.

"Just go away, man!" the gunman said "This is none'a your business!" His hands were shaking, and his eyes wide with fear.

"Do you really think that I'm afraid of your silly little gun?" The Watcher replied "Stop flattering yourself". The gunman, his hand still shaking, fired. The Watcher's vision sped up to bullet time, and he somersaulted under the incoming projectile. All hope left the gunman's eyes as The Watcher rose and delivered a powerful left uppercut to the gunamn's jaw. The gunman screamed as three of his teeth broke, and he fell to the ground, moaning in pain. The Watcher stomped on the man's chest once to silence him, breaking one of the gunman's ribs in the process. The second man went to run, when the white-gloves hands of The Watcher grabbed him around the shoulders and pinned him to the wall. Their eyes met, and the man began to hyperventilate as the Penance Stare kicked in.

"You are a disgusting, revolting piece of filth, do you know that!" The Watcher spat murderously as the man began to cry "Give me one good reason why I should let you live! One!"

"Please, man, stop! Oh, God, make it stop! I'm sorry!" The rapist screamed "Let me live, please! Oh God help me!"

"God won't help you shitbag!" The Watcher spat "Don't you ask God to save your pathetic little life! This time, I'll let you live, but if I EVER see you EVER break the law again I will find you and I. Will. Kill. You! I'm always watching, y'hear?" He threw the rapist down into an inky black puddle on the ground, and he scurried off, screaming "Never again! Got it! Thank you!" The Watcher threw a glance down the alley as the man ran away screaming, and then walked over to a metal trash can, where the girl's belt was sitting. She was hyperventilating badly, and as soon as he got back over to her with the belt, hugged him tightly around the neck, crying. He returned the hug, and she cried out "Thank you! You just saved my life!"

"Yes, I did. The Watcher said, letting go of her and walking over to the second rapist, who was just regaining consciousness. "Don't walk in the middle of a dark alley at night, hon. It's not safe". He still stared down at the semi-conscious rapist as the girl pulled up her jeans and looped the belt through shakily.

"I-I know." she stuttered through her tears "I-I heard that the c-c-crime rate was low... so I um....*sniff* I decided to take a short cut".

"The crime rate is low because of me." The Watcher said "Hold a moment". The second rapist began to regain consciousness, and he let out a strangled moan as he felt his chest. He was having trouble breathing. The Watcher knelt down next to him, and stared the man in the eyes. Immediately, he began to breathe heavily, and his eyes enlarged to the point that it was almost all pupil as every black sin he'd ever committed came back to him. The Watcher grabbed the man by the scruff of the shirt, and pulled him up, slamming him against the wall. The gun skittered across the alley and slid under a rusty green dumpster.

"Look me in the eyes you shitbag!" The Watcher yelled, his face turning red "Where'd you get that gun? It's the only think keeping your pathetic life intact right now!"

"Look, man, I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!" The second rapist was much calmer than the first one, but he was still petrified by fear. "I got the gun from a store in the city! I didn't steal it!"

"BULLSHIT!" The Watcher punched the man in the gut, causing him to let out a strangled scream "That f*cking gun isn't legal! Don't f*cking lie to me!" The man screamed out again as his limbs began to burn as if he were on fire. The burning feeling started at the tips of his toes and fingers, and spread up his limbs, causing them to shake.

"Oh Jesus help! I'm on fire!" the man yelled out.

"TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THE F*CKING GUN YOU DISGUSTING F*CKER!" The Watcher yelled in his face.

"I got it from a guy in an alley!" the man screamed "He was one of those mutant freaks! S-said he didn't need it no more!" The woman was standing there, still trembling, half in shock, watching the interrogation.

"Tell me the name of the mutant! Now or you die!"

"I don't know! Please! Help!"

"What'd he look like? How'd you know he was a mutant!?"

"He had like f*ckin' tusks or some sh*t like that!" The Watcher lowered the intensity of his gaze, and the man's limbs stopped burning.

"F*cking Wapig!" The Watcher slammed the rapist against the wall, and tightened his grip on the rapist's throat. "Look, you sorry sack of sh*t! I shouldn't let you live, but I let your buddy live, so I guess I have to let you live too. But if I EVER see you breaking the law again, I will break your f*cking neck! I'm not joking! If I see you even so much as jaywalk, I'll hunt you down and end your pathetic life! Got it?!" The man nodded, and The Watcher let him go. He fell to the ground, wheezing. The Watcher turned to the rape victim.

'Does he deserve an ambulance?" he asked her. She wiped the tears from her eyes, and The Watcher walked back over to her. She leaned her head on his shoulder, still shaking, and The Watcher's wrath wore off.

"I-I guess." she stuttered, repulsed by what she'd just seen. The Watcher nodded.

"Call him one. Then I'll take you to your home". The girl stood up straight, and dialed 911.

"Hello? 911? Yes, I'm, I'm in an alley and th-this guy is hurt... Yeah, he tried to rape me... The Watcher? Yeah, I think so... Okay..." She disconnected the phone, and looked over at him "The person on the phone said you're a criminal". The Watcher smiled, and actually laughed a bit.

"The police department is pathetic." he said "If I hadn't come along, you'd be on the ground right now getting ravaged. They shove smoke up everyone's @$$ about me being a bad guy so that they can keep me from hurting the likes of them." He gestured to the rapist, who was now barely conscious and slumped against the wall, taking shallow breaths.

"Um, okay." the girl said, putting her phone back in her purse.

"Alright, well how about we get you home?"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:09 am

Sage & Colin

After it's "encounter" with Caden, the first thing it did was leave the dark alleyway. It was foolish to go in there in the first place. Especially at night, when It's powers are at half strength. It would be obliterated by the darkness user. Sage scrolled back out into the crowd of people, each of every one of them were doing something. Whether it be walking around, talking, playing around with the games. Or just living their lives, having fun. That fun felt so distance to Sage, since now he was worrying about bad apples like Caden, and his sister being corrupted by his kind... It had to stay focused. Colin was somewhere, and he couldn't have gotten far away. Unless he was snatched up, or killed. The Pimm family are quite infamous for their haughty behavior... Enemies are bound to be made--- Fortunately, Sage and Colin are easily the kindest of all the Pimm family... And they still inherit the enemies of their family no matter what. It had to stay focused--- It kept procrastinating on irrelevant things and possibilities. Through much walking, Sage made it's way to the boardwalk that overlooked the Carnival's beach. If it knew Colin, then it'd know that he'd be beneath the boardwalk. The boardwalk was a well-constructed boardwalk made out of hard, brown wood. There was a chest-high fence up to stop people from falling down. This boardwalk overlooked the beach, there was a ten-foot drop down to the beach itself, there were stairs on to the beach. The beach was empty at this hour since people were ran out of it. The ocean tides had also risen quite high, the sand was wet. The boardwalk also had zero people due to a lack of games here specifically.

Sage didn't waste any time in descending the stairs. Under the boardwalks were pretty dark. Not for an angel of light. It looked around to make sure that nobody can see him use it's powers. It only raised one finger above it's shoulders and it glowed a white-light similar to a flashlight. It didn't feel the need to make a bigger light, since these small lights are quite easily extinguished. Sage slowly walked under the boardwalk with caution. This entire area was eerie. There were at least hundreds of  metal support beams holding up this part of the carnival. Sage knows a few people who can break these---- All of them are Meta-humans. To save himself from rambling on in his head again, he kept moving. With his power of light (although weakened) he can easily take out his foes with a little bit of misdirection. "Colin?! Are you down here?" The androgyne called out, in a girlish voice. Hoping to find it's little brother.

"Y-yes?" A younger voice called back. Sage didn't waste any time in following the source, it walked with a slight skip as it made haste. It quickly found it's younger brother; Colin. He was sitting up against one of the support beams, playing with his cell phone. Colin was wearing his usual blue motif outfit favorite blue hat, a blue jean jacket with a blue t-shirt underneath. He wore tight jeans as well, with blue, gold-studded boots. He looked innocent as ever. Sage was less than pleased to see him down here.

"What the hell, Colin?" Sage put it's right hand on it's hip, giving Colin an annoyed glare, "Why you'd leave me like that? He's here..." It quickly looked around, hoping not to see Caden under here since he can't go angel.

"I... j-just wanted to sit here for a-a..." Colin couldn't scramble together a sentence. It took him a moment, but he figured out that Sage was referring to Caden, "He's here?! Where?!" And he was absolutely terrified by the darkness manipulator.

Sage sighed quietly, "Calm down." It tried to calm Colin, "He won't try to hurt you.. not as long as I'm here. Just don't wander off like that again" Sage then put his hand out to Colin, "C'mon. It's getting late."

Colin grabbed on to Sage's hand as he put his phone in the pockets of his jacket, "O-o-okay..."

Shayton

"Why the hell am I here, 'gain?" Shayton wandered around the woods at night just like it was nothing. The grizzled Jamaican man hadn't feared anything, since he didn't have anything to steal--- And animals didn't exactly phase him. He was wearing a light blue trench coat that went down past his knees, unzipped with a small T-shirt under it. With a blue bandanna with a white "S" written on his forehead. He wears black pants and black cowboy-ish boots. He was wearing a black and white wide-brimmed fedora (currently it's over his bandanna) with his black tinted goggles wrapped around it. Quickly, he pulled his Bible out of his trench coat and started reading it. Before skimming his verses. He looked around again confused on what he was doing.

Find Samson.

There was someone he's supposed to be meeting somewhere out here in the woods. He was unsure of who.

Samson.

He quickly remembered who he was looking for. The last thing he heard was that his far younger friend, Samson, was in Black Fall for some reason. The last time they met they were supposed to meet in the woods at some spot. To drink beer and smoke their lungs out. It was rather interesting on why Samson would want to come here all the sudden. The last thing Shayton remembers was that Samson was going to go to college and live his life. Free of worries and stresses. Unfortunately Black Fall has plenty of those. There must be something wrong, or urgent. Shayton moved through the woods until he noticed something. A girl, in the middle of the woods, she was standing over an ant hill. This girl wore some strange silk clothing, and had some odd ant-like features. Shayton didn't pay enough attention to connect that she was a meta-human due to his lack of attentiveness. The only thing he did was walk over to her with a generally apathetic face, "Why hello there, little lady. I've been walkin' 'round dese' woods for a bit and I'm wonderin' if ya' can give me some directions to... um, dey' call this place The Black Fall for some stupid reason other than confusin' nice people like myself." Shayton spoke in a very polite, yet emotionless tone.

May & Caden

Caden's theme:

On the roof of a tall building, the enigmatic May Pimm watched Warpig's gang get slaughtered. She hadn't seen any of the actual killing, since it was inside of a building and she was out. The bullets, the screaming, the sirens. It all was so exciting. No one would have noticed her, or who she was. Since she was in gas-form, she was unrecognizable. Which was all she needed to continue serving her lord Caden. Her gas-form was simply a vaguely humanoid shape--- That looked more like a small, flowing cloud of gas. She watched lying down on her "belly". May was rather worried now. Her goal here was to recruit the Skull's into Caden's allegiance while he did important business. Now they're all dead. Leaving only two remaining as they fled police. This wasn't a reason to give up, the moment when May was about to fly off after them, she heard a voice behind him.  

"I take it that our recruitment went well, yes?" Her master, Caden had arrived. Partially transformed into his darkness form which allowed him flight. As he stepped down on the roof top the darkness faded away with every passing step. He walked over to the edge of the roof and looked down, "Oh dear, May. Can you ever control yourself you monster?" He spoke sarcastically as he smiled.

"Crap, I was so close..." May spoke, in a spirit-like voice since she wasn't human anywhere, "We have to get out of here before they see us. Hate for our cause to die this early."

"Non-sense! If you were there then the world would lose another soldier of change!" Caden said elegantly, "... Actually, I rescind that! You are strong... and they weren't." Caden pointed down at the roof before taking several steps away. At this point he didn't think it was a major lost that they were arrested. If they were defeated that easily then they have no place within his wave of change. "A pity what the mentally endowed would stoop to.... Instead of using their power for the greater cause they instead use their gift--- their superiority! Instead of fighting for a greater cause, they instead commit crimes for money. Fools... Tell me May; what is money worth when you are dead? Hm? Hm? Absolutely nothing! I merely wish for the narrow-minded to open their eyes and see... Greed is human nature. And greed--- Among other things--- gives me power... So, I don't see the point in extinguishing it until the wave of change has arrived!" He spoke in a grandiose and near maniacal tone.

May smirked, Caden was right. Those monsters don't have a place in the changed world, "Well said, Caden. What do you want to do now?"

"Oh? I meant to ask this--- But, my evil ranting has made me forget all about it. Silly, crazy me. Did you see any of them get away?" Caden politely asks, "We need people that are content with knowing that they're merely cogs in the system."

May nods, "Follow me." She says before whisking off in gas form. Caden smirks and smoky jet-black darkness flowed off of him, and covered his being with a liquid-y darkness. The darkness formed a cloud around him as he took flight after May. The pair had followed the sounds of police cars and just went in the general direction. They both moved at high speeds, and quickly caught up to the fleeing group just as they made their escape from the police. Warpig and Carlos had ducked into an alley-way. Which was perfect for Caden. "What do you want to do?" May asks while continuing towards them.

"Allow me to handle this. I am a people person you know!" Caden descended towards the alley-way at high speeds like an Eagle swooping on it's prey. With an insane smile on his face, and darkness all around him. It wouldn't surprise people if he just murdered the two fleeing criminals. He landed on the roof above them and knelt down and put his hand on the concrete building. The smokey darkness had quickly traveled down the building and before they could even react, it formed a small orb around them. Obscuring their sight--- Caden had strengthened the darkness so that it'd be resistant to shock impacts. He smiled at his work, trapping them inside of his bubble. He slowly floated down into the alley-way, ready to make his offer. The second he was on the ground he stepped inside of the darkness bubble. "Hello there!" Caden said in the same grandiose tone, looking like a maniac, "I am Caden Zorich. I saw that hardship you've been through and I take pity! On your misfortune, of course. So, I am offering you this...." If they rejected his offer then he'd step outside of the bubble and crush them with his darkness. Leave it at that and move on. "... I wish to bring about a new era and I need people with strong enough wills to help me reach that goal. You should join me! And together we will accomplish much more than your petty gang ever did!"

May had sat down on the edge of the opposite building and reverted back to her human form. The girl was wearing her famous flamingo-feathered coat, which concealed the mutations she had underneath it. She wore a red and white striped shirt and white dress pants. May wore black dress shoes that were slightly pointed at the tip. She watched Caden do his thing with a content smile.

Ivete

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Underneath the boardwalk, something strange was occurring in the shallow water; eerie, pale blue lights began to glow, just beneath the surface. Moments later, they began to move towards the shore as one, before suddenly going dark again. Ripples appeared, as something slowly stepped out of the water. Resembling a fish, it was a pale shade of khaki brown, but it did not possess scales, seeming to have sleek skin instead. Large jaws, possessing an under-bite, revealed long, thick teeth that were needle-like, and overlapped much of its face. When the jaws opened, the creature breathed as though it had lungs, and revealed rows of teeth behind the first set that were different. Numerous, but individually small, the teeth had needle-like cusps that alternated, almost in shape like gigs normally used to snag squid. The creature's gills were long and prominent, and its eyes were large and black, seeming to have more depth than a regular fish, due to the dark markings that surrounded them. The instant the faintest amount of light hit the creature's eyes, the inner part of them reflected white, making its gaze seem strangely dangerous, as though its eyes were dead.

When it saw the two strangers, it lowered its head and waddled fully out of the water, still watching them, wary in appearance. Gigantic fins that had joints in their center allowed it to move. Milky white eyelids blinked once, before it took another breath, "Who are you? What are you doing here?" The voice was like a loud whisper, but still distinctly feminine. Frillerfang did not like the idea of people discovering where she liked to rest her fins.

The ant girl blinked at the stranger, her odd green eyes reflecting light almost iridescently, "Why would I have reason to be near Black Fall?" She asked, her tone calm and somewhat blank. "The humans there would just try to kill me and my family. We're at a temporary site right now, the dandelions here are rich in nectar, but we plan to go back home later." She said. "I'm big, so I have to walk up here, but everyone else is small, so they can use the tunnels. The whole passage is underground." The anthill she stood over was of an unusual nature, seeming to be made out of sculpted mud or clay, rather than sand or dirt. The entrance to it was larger than average, and looked almost like the lip of a jar. It was black inside, nothing visible, until a single black ant, followed by three more, all at least two centimeters in size, scurried out on remarkably long legs, moving with shocking speed and determination as they set out to places unknown. With shiny black exoskeletons, abnormally large size, and eyes that reflected a slightly greenish light, they did not appear to be normal ants. The girl knew that this stranger must surely either be mad, or extremely drunk. She wasn't scared of him, because he seemed so clueless currently. She looked up at the moon for a moment, and then pointed to the left, not even bothering to look in the direction, "Town is that way, but don't tell anyone we're here, it's a secret." She said.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Warpig let out a loud squeal as the darkness enveloped him, and Carlos hissed, his tail rising in the air. Both were on their bikes, and both were seriously pissed off, something you never wanted Warpig to be. He got off of his chopper, and began to paw the ground with his left hoof, ready to charge. Carlos, the brains of the operation, put a hand on Warpig shoulder and muttered "Hold up."

"Fine," Warpig whispered back angrily "But if this is a trap I'm killing the f*cker!" Carlos rolled his four eyes, and walked towards Caden, loudly cracking his neck, his tail still hanging high in the air. He saw no reason to lie to this one; he preached what Carlos wanted more than money or power or fame; equality.

"Hola, mysterious boy." Carlos said, puffing out his chest to make himself look bigger "Your offer is intriguing, as we now no longer have our gang thanks to that asno The Watcher, however I want to know more. Exactly what exactly are you trying to accomplish in this 'new era', and what will it entail?" Warpig leaned on his chopper, concealing the fact that he now had his hands around a .9mm pistol in case Caden tried to hurt him. Carlos may have trusted the man, but Warpig wasn't nearly as trustful, and this guy was giving him the creeps. Warpig didn't necessarily care about equality for mutants or revenge; he wanted to use his powers the way he felt they were meant to be used; for personal gain. In his eyes, he was made better than the rest of humanity so that he could boss around the rest of humanity, not a very noble goal, but Warpig was not a noble man.

The Watcher and...

Lacey Petros found herself sitting in a black leather seat in a large blue Ford f-350 with her head resting on the window and her right elbow propped up against the door. This was the car of The Watcher; a massive, tank-like vehicle painted dark blue. The inside of the door panels were all filled with bulletproof material that could stand up to an assault rifle, and the windows were untinted bulletproof glass. Under the back seat was a compartment with several firearms in it; a hunting rifle, two pistols, a shotgun, and enough ammo to start World War III (figuratively). Lacey looked over at The Watcher, and he looked back out of the corner of his eye, trying to keep his eyes on the road. She was a pretty woman, with light blonde hair framing her face attractively and adorable dimples on her bony cheeks. Her eyes engrossed him, as if they were so green that they could not exist in real life.

"Turn left her." Lacey said, moving her head to rest it upon her right palm. The Watcher turned at the three-way intersection, and figured he'd try to make some idle conversation.

"So," he said in a gruff voice "What's your name?"

"I'm Lacey." she said "Lacey Petros. Make a right." he turned onto another street, driving past the 22nd Century club.

"Hm, Petros, name sounds familiar." he muttered "Oh, you're the stock broker, right?" Lacey laughed, something that most people who had just been nearly raped wouldn't do, and continued to smile and stare at her rescuer, trying to figure out who the man behind the mask was.

"Yes, that's me!" she said in a peppy tone "Do superheroes invest?" The Watcher performed a strange facial expression that was almost a smile. "Oh, turn right." Lacey finished with. He turned onto a road framed with expensive-looking condos.

"Unfortunately, yes." The Watcher said, looking up at the high-rises "I have to make a living too, you know." she laughed, and replied "Turn right." The Watcher turned into the parking area under one of the high-rises, and parked his gargantuan vehicle in two parking spaces close to the back. Lacey as still staring at him, trying to figure out who he was. That scar, she was sure she'd seen it before, but where? Then she got an idea.

"So," Lacey said "Thank you for, you know, saving my life. Say, do superheroes drink coffee?" She said this last bit slightly flirtatiously, and The Watcher looked over at her, his soulless violet eyes scanning her. He thought for a moment, and then got what she was playing at.

"You want me to remove my mask." he said monotonously "So you're going to invite me up to your room and trick me into taking it off".

"You're pretty smart." Lacey said "But is that so bad? I mean, you just saved my life back there. Why can't I do something nice for you?"

"Well I can't. I have to keep my identity a secret. That's the whole point of wearing the mask, you know."

"Please?" The Watcher weighed his options here. This girl seemed really nice and pretty and all, but he had an identity to keep up. The police weren't actively looking for him, but you never know what criminal was watching. Yet, when was the last time someone thanked him for saving them? It was usually a quick "thankyousavedmylife" and then they'd run off. This girl was different. He gritted his teeth, and looked down at the ground. The crime rate around the city was low, and the police would most likely catch the rest of The Skulls before the end of the night. Maybe it was time he took a break. He sighed loudly, and leaned back in his chair.

"I don't know," he said hesitantly. Lacey made a disappointed face, and went to open the door. "Just coffee?" he called. Her eyes lit up.

"Yeah." The Watcher shrugged, and opened the door. He couldn't believe he was doing this. He got out, and closed the car, locking it with the loud "beep!" its security system would alert him incase anyone tried to touch the vehicle, though he doubted anyone would care.

"Fine." he said "But I'm not taking off the mask". Lacey shrugged and uttered a guttural ugh.

"You're so strict!" she said, smiling. She wasn't going to push it, however. Progress was progress.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:08 am

Shayton

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Why would I have reason to be near Black Fall?" She asked, her tone calm and somewhat blank. "The humans there would just try to kill me and my family. We're at a temporary site right now, the dandelions here are rich in nectar, but we plan to go back home later." She said. "I'm big, so I have to walk up here, but everyone else is small, so they can use the tunnels. The whole passage is underground."

As the ant girl talked Shayton took several steps backward and sat down (with a thump). He hadn't asked to hear about her ants, nor about why she would be here. That doesn't mean he wasn't interested. As she talked he looked at her with apathy, not the screw the world kind of apathy, the kind of apathy that he shows when dealing with everything. Shayton was always a listening ear... Well, not the best listening ear, but he tried his best to talk to people. Listen to their problems, their stories. They all were interested. As he processed everything in his head. Not as fast as everyone else. He looked at Bridgit, then the ant-hill, then Bridgit again. Before piecing together everyone. "Ya' ain't like them aren't ya', little lady?"  He said in a near-sarcastic tone, "The way ya' look, the way ya' talk... Ya' must be one of them... um, mutants. Like myself. I wouldn't worry about big ol' me giving you any trouble, ha!" He opened up his Bible and started reading. Quietly reciting verses.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Town is that way, but don't tell anyone we're here, it's a secret." She said.

"Thank ya'. I won't tell a soul about yer' little... Ant hill." Shayton blankly states, serious as ever. He raised one hand in the air nonchalantly and pulled the dust molecules out of the air around him and put them together. He made a small pile of dust in between his legs and put both hands over it. "Now before I make my departure, I have to ask... Would ya' like a prediction of sorts? It's free before you even ask.... Not that ya' would have money, little lady."

Sage and Colin

ViperaUnion wrote:
[color=#99cc99]"Who are you? What are you doing here?" The voice was like a loud whisper, but still distinctly feminine.[/color

The whisper echo'd beneath the boardwalk. Causing both Sage and Colin to freeze up and look around the area. "What was that?" Sage quietly asks Colin. As It continues looking around. It pointed It's glowing finger above him, feeling the chilly air of the ocean creeping up on them. The voice sounded girly... Could it be Caden? Or May? The last thing that it wanted to deal with was both of them at the same time.

"I d-d-don't know." Colin stutters, "I heard around town that t-t-there's a monster that attacks fishermen." The fear in his heart quickly escalated until he was shivering in fear, "Ww-we're not in a good s-situation...."

"Don't worry... As long as I'm here I'll protect you...." Sage whispers into Colin's ear quietly, "Hey, who's there?! I'm Sage...!" It tells the distant voice it's name.

"Colin!" Colin states his name the second Sage tells it's name. The boy quickly came up with a clever idea. Using his ability to find this stranger. Colin closes his eyes, and a near invisible copy of himself seemingly jumped out of him. This was nearly invisible and he could control it like he's controlling another body. This was nothing more than a Puppet. The Puppet started it's march towards the source of the voice.

Caden and May

Edward Snowden wrote:
"Hola, mysterious boy." Carlos said, puffing out his chest to make himself look bigger "Your offer is intriguing, as we now no longer have our gang thanks to that asno The Watcher, however I want to know more. Exactly what exactly are you trying to accomplish in this 'new era', and what will it entail?"

"I know well about what you were been through... And as long you're under my wing you will never experience such tragedies again."

Caden smirked as he tilted his head downwards to talk to the scorpion man. Getting ready to prepare one big rant. Before he does so he created a high throne of darkness inside of the bubble and sat down on it. He put his hands together, wrapping his fingers over the back of his hands. His dreadlocks hanging off his head. "You see... this era will be of an era of change... of new virtues." Caden started off, unnervingly calm. "You see, humanity is corrupted. In both the mental and physical sense. We are the next step in humanity... So why should we hide our gifts in fear of what the inferior will do? That is the same headless thinking that this world is built on... Celebrities overshadow warheroes, and the youth of this nation have nothing better to do than text each other on their... Face Books or whatever the hell they're called..." Caden spoke in the same tone as before. Looking at Carlos's and Warpig's reactions.

He stood straight up out of the throne of darkness before it disappeared into nothingness. He spoke again, this time louder and much more Opera-like, "So, me and my associate wish to become a soldier of change! This new era I speak of!? I want to make us Meta-humans the dominant species on the planet! Together we can make that happen by changing the way people think and Governments work! The way I plan on doing that is gathering an army of Meta-humans... Then I will reveal our kind, and my plans for the world will be set in motion. Even if I don't succeed; I will be sure to plant my meme in the nation, our youth--- And, they will carry on what I started!" Caden's facial expressed changed from emotionless to nearly insane in less than a moment.

May sat down on the edge of the roof, feet hanging and looking with glee. She remained silent until she was needed. She would gas these people without hesitation.

"So, what do you say?" Caden says to Carlos and Warpig, he shortly reverted to his calm state as he spoke again,  "If you need any further incentives in case you're too narrow to work without personal gain in mind--- But, I would normally say that there is no personal greater than this... Ah, I digress, along the way we will work towards one of your collective goals. No matter what it really is. I promised my associate, May, some rather naughty deeds in exchange for her help... Hmph, and I guess I can make you a deal. Only if you plead your eternal allegiance, however...."

Ivete

Ivete's Theme:

The first child of Valos, Ivete had walked into the 22nd Century club. Ever since her far younger siblings had been sent to the Academy, she was rather lonely. There were little people here that really clicked with her other than them. Hopefully they'll be back one day--- Until then she would have to find something else to fill her time. She was wearing a black Kimono jacket with intentionally over-sized sleeves. There were patterns of white flowers and fish printed all over the jacket as the sleeves flowed slowly in the wind. Her jacket was unbuttoned and under it was a shirt with similar patterns to her jacket. She wore black shorts that stopped below her knees. I'm younger than I used to be. Ivete thought to herself as she walked elegantly into the club. It belonged to... somebody. Ivete wasn't really sure, but the second she stepped in she knew it wasn't as good as a Valos club. It initially looked like one of those trashy techno clubs where people dance and grind on each other like there was no tomorrow.

Being a quiet woman, meant that she liked quiet places. This wasn't one of them. She avoided the dance floor by skipping around it and walked to a table. Sitting down and looking around for something interesting to come along.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Brigit

Brigit just stared, "I need no readings, I have every reason to say I do not want one." She briefly looked up at the moon, "I have no more time, we have to go home now." She gave a single nod of her head, "Pleasure meeting you, sir." Without another word, she opened the insect wings on her back and took off, vanishing in the distance. Ants that had been wandering almost hurriedly rushed into the anthill, seeming intent on following her underground. A few seemed to fly down from trees and land, almost moving like they were parachuting, their flat bodies and the way they held themselves reinforced the look. Wherever they were going, they were clearly following the girl.

Capri

"There is no reason for you to be frightened of me, although I'm horrified that people still believe those awful rumors the tabloids spread about me. I ain't never attacked a fisherman in my life. I may have mangled a few steel mesh traps, but who said there was anything wrong with that? I've been trying for years to convince people that they can't catch me, and then there's still those that think I'll fall for a little fishing line and lure. It's really ridiculous, I can tell the difference, I'm not stupid." She sighed, "Well, since y'all introduced yourselves, I might as well tell you. Name's Capri, but everyone else calls me Frillerfang, the local urban legend that somehow wound up with a reputation that, might I add, is completely false." When she saw the copy, she shook her head and made her pale blue lights glow, so that they shone in the darkness, "If you want to see where I am, I'm over here." In truth, Capri looked just like some sort of walking fish, who used its fins to hold itself in a quadruped stance on land. Of course, even if it was obvious such locomotion was awkward, it still made her appearance no less terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 am

Sage and Colin

ViperaUnion wrote:
"There is no reason for you to be frightened of me, although I'm horrified that people still believe those awful rumors the tabloids spread about me. I ain't never attacked a fisherman in my life. I may have mangled a few steel mesh traps, but who said there was anything wrong with that? I've been trying for years to convince people that they can't catch me, and then there's still those that think I'll fall for a little fishing line and lure. It's really ridiculous, I can tell the difference, I'm not stupid."

"You have a reason to be afraid of me." Sage mutters under it's breathe as Capri spoke. It could seriously injure someone with it's beams of solid light, and no one can possibly dodge them. The only way they'll avoid is that Sage misses. Unfortunately, it's under the boardwalk. Despite Frillerfang saying otherwise, it wasn't even in the slightest way convinced that it wasn't a threat. The last time it thought that someone wasn't a threat. This could all be a ruse just for them to let their guard down. That was something the angel was... averse to. To say the least.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, since y'all introduced yourselves, I might as well tell you. Name's Capri, but everyone else calls me Frillerfang, the local urban legend that somehow wound up with a reputation that, might I add, is completely false." When she saw the copy, she shook her head and made her pale blue lights glow, so that they shone in the darkness, "If you want to see where I am, I'm over here."

"Be on guard, I don't think I'll do too good under here if it attacks me." Sage whispered to Colin. When Capri had noticed the Puppet that Colin had created. The actual Colin froze up and the Puppet disappeared into nothingness. All he had to see was the person that they had just met. It was the actual freaking Frillerfang. It looked much more terrifying than the actual news made it up to be. Ten feet tall and looks like a shark-person. Rows and rows of sharp teeth. Essentially just a monster, something that neither of them seen before. This was still putting Colin on edge, he started shivering in fear.

"It's the F-f-frillerfang..." Colin grabbed on to Sage's arm, "We-w-we should run...!"

"I want to see this for myself." Sage states in a determined tone. Before he slowly started walking over to the Shark-girl, finger light still shining brighter with every step it took. Colin stayed behind out of fear, only to take cover behind a column and create two Puppets, both of them jumped out of him and stood on opposite sides of him. He shivered lightly out of fear as he peaked out from behind the column.

Sage looked back and said in a serious tone, it would be speaking in a playful tone now. That'd be inappriopate. "I wouldn't stay there. The light's going awaaaaayyyyy..." It turned back towards the direction of the Frillerfang. After a few seconds of walking it came face to face with the creature. It stood six-feet away from the monster. It looked like a fish-man in one of those lame low-budget horror movies. This time Sage won't be the dumb, scared blonde. It stood strong and mighty. Before it pointed it's glowing finger in front of it and created a small orb of light. As long as it keeps focus it can keep this light going all night. It provided both groups with a bit more illumination. While Sage was slightly frightened... it kept it's guard up. Tried to show no emotion. "I didn't know I'd be meeting an urban legend tonight, eh?" It spoke causally. "I think you're a meta-human...? Someone told me that there was people like you hiding in the world."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:00 pm

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Merry had a bad habit of always reading the last lines of her books out loud. And nothing gave her more pleasure then finishing off a great book with a great, and happy, ending. Merry closed the book with a satisfying thump as wore pages bumped against worn leather. The young adult let out a content sigh as she set the book down on the nearest flat surface, another book on a stack of finished novels. The girl glanced around the room, or more like the entire house. Since Merry could no longer climb stairs her and her father designed and build a one story house that was like a big circle and connected by gentle ramps.

Merry leaned back in her chair, resting her hands on the wheels and pushing herself back and forth, listening to the wheels go over each bump and crack in the floor. It was a lazy sort of afternoon. Or maybe it was very early morning she had no clue.

But whatever time of the day it was it was time for an adventure. This happened every time Merry finished a good book. When one story was finished she wanted to go out and make one herself. She almost never got too far before heading home though.

"Pa!" Merry called, wheeling herself towards the door. "I'm going out!"

There was a loud crash and bang from the kitchen before Merrys father emerged, his face slightly darkened with soot and other chemicals. "Please don't be too long my dear!" And with her fathers approval Merry wheeled out he door, bumping down the dirt road that lead to the central part of town.

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Capri

Frillerfang produced a coughing sound that might have been laughter, "You would guess correctly, although I fail to see how y'all don't regard yourselves as such, either, with glowing fingertips and copies." She raised her left fin and pointed the longest tip of it at Sage, a gesture that clearly indicated that it had once been a hand. "I'm hiding, but at the same time, I'm not. When you're stuck at the bottom of the river or ocean all your life, it's pretty easy to get bored, if you see what I'm sayin'. Only source of entertainment you really have is to mess with the crazy fisherman trying to trap you in flimsy steel mesh cages that you wouldn't even fit inside of." She lowered her fin and shifted her weight so that it was supported on all four fins again, "Of course, that can be sort of hard to grasp, I've been stuck like this for years, don't think I don't wish I was able to dwell on land again. My family knows I'm here, but they're pretty loyal, said I got kidnapped while playing in the front yard, even the folks down south. But then when nobody's lookin', they're chowin' down on swamp cabbage just laughin' at the authorities, and how easily we fooled all of 'em. I've been legally dead for years. Ain't no one gonna go lookin' for a person who's supposedly already gone."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 am

Sage

ViperaUnion wrote:
"You would guess correctly, although I fail to see how y'all don't regard yourselves as such, either, with glowing fingertips and copies."

Sage smirked. Ever since the day it realized that it can become an angel, that it's brother can create Ghosts, and that it's sister is a living breathing cloud of drugs, it knew that not everything was black and white. It started seeing urban legends around town as part of this new evolution of mankind. Even now standing before it was a shark-woman. Having a causal conversation with the creature. Sage showed no fear from the beast, since it was confident in it's own abilities. It responded to Frillerfang's statement with, "Wasn't saying we weren't, yeah? There's more to me than I showed you... They call me Heavensent." It wasn't going to tell Frillerfang it's angel form just yet. The last thing it wanted was losing the element of surprise.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"I'm hiding, but at the same time, I'm not. When you're stuck at the bottom of the river or ocean all your life, it's pretty easy to get bored, if you see what I'm sayin'. Only source of entertainment you really have is to mess with the crazy fisherman trying to trap you in flimsy steel mesh cages that you wouldn't even fit inside of."

Sage put it's hands in it's pockets and kept eye-contact with the beast. "Yeah, I know I'd be getting bored too." It politely responded, "But, there's other ways of passing time. I heard sea-shell collecting can be quite rewarding." Sage spoke in a slightly sarcastic tone, "You know the more you mess with them, the more they'll be... interested, yeah?" It was speaking more true now. "Unless that's what you want. But, some day they'll get cleeeeeever."

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Of course, that can be sort of hard to grasp, I've been stuck like this for years, don't think I don't wish I was able to dwell on land again. My family knows I'm here, but they're pretty loyal, said I got kidnapped while playing in the front yard, even the folks down south. But then when nobody's lookin', they're chowin' down on swamp cabbage just laughin' at the authorities, and how easily we fooled all of 'em. I've been legally dead for years. Ain't no one gonna go lookin' for a person who's supposedly already gone."

This was intriguing. This fish, used to be an average person just playing around and enjoying life. That was apparent that things change rather fast. What if it got some freak-ish mutation aside from the Angel powers it got? The same thing could have happened to Colin, or May (except more drastic mutations). It came from a rich family, a rather arrogant rich-family. They would cast him out. There was one question that Sage had to ask, "So, how did it feel like to... change? Like, into how you are now?"

Ray

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Capri

Frillerfang frowned thoughtfully, "Well, It's pretty hard to describe, but I started mutating when I was nine years old. I guess it was like a form of puberty, or somethin' of that nature. The two are probably very similar, but there's a lot of different stuff that happens. It would start with increased appetite, you'd get hungry more often, and then grow overnight, which I guess makes sense. I'd get these achy pains all over, and I just felt really tired all the time, it was like having the flu." She shifted on her fins a bit, "Of course, there were a few times when the pain was really, really severe, like something broke. Then, I guess it was because of the nature of my transformation, I felt itchy all over, and then I had a bad cough, too." She laughed, but it was a bit humorless, "It stopped when I got my gills, but goodness, it frightened the neighbors. You go asleep with a rash on your neck one night, and then you wake up to find that it's turned into gill slits. Oh, I woke everybody up with my screamin'. It was awful, back then, tryin' to figure out what I was turnin' into."
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:12 pm

The Watcher and Lacey

Lacey threw open the door to her apartment after a long night of exploring and almost dying, with The Watcher right behind her, standing awkwardly in the doorway. He wasn't quite sure what to do here; nobody had ever invited him over like this before. He really shouldn't have been doing this, but he figured it was time for a break. Yet still, every moment he spent here was another moment that crimes could be committed with nothing but the useless police force to deal with them. Lacey beckoned him inside, and he looked around the room. It was a beautiful penthouse apartment, a lot bigger in size than what he'd expected. The main room was a 25 x 25 square, and functioned as a living room and kitchen. All of the surfaces in the kitchen were white marble, and the wood, all dyed black and finished off with a satisfying chic that emanated cleanliness. The living room was sunk down slightly from the white tile floor, with a set of three steps descending to it. A long black leather couch sat facing away from the door. The wall opposite the door (as well as to the left of the family room section) was all tinted glass which you could see through to gaze down at the city.

"Please, take a seat wherever you'd like." Lacey said, walking over to her coffee maker.

"Sure is a big place." The Watcher said, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, my grandpa's kind of a millionaire. I personally think it's too big for one person, but he wouldn't have it any other way." Lacey put a pot of coffee on and The Watcher decided to sit down on the long black couch rather awkwardly, his mask still on, hiding his identity. He still wasn't going to take any chances with this girl.

"Cream or sugar?" Lacey yelled across the room.

"No thank you. I like it black." She sat down on the couch next to him a moment later, and handed him a cup of black coffee. He nodded in thanks and Lacey giggled a bit.

"For a suave superhero, you sure are rather awkward." she laughed.

"That's because I rarely get invited over the the houses of the people I save".

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you have a crush on me!" The Watcher gazed dangerously at Lacey, his cheeks flushing a little bit. She was rather attractive, especially those beautiful reflective eyes that he could see his own face in. Lacey was beautiful, but The Watcher would never touch her.

"Preposterous." The Watcher said, turning his head away to mask his blushing "Yes, you're a rather attractive young lady, but I'm a superhero. I can't exactly go frolicking off into the sunset with the penthouse girl".

Warpig and Carlos

Carlos was hooked. This man, despite being rather creepy, wanted exactly what he wanted; a world where mutants were not looked down upon as freaks. He slowly curled in his tail, and walked over to Warpig.

"I think we should join him." Carlos said. Warpig snorted angrily, and then responded.

"I don't know, Carl." he said "This guy gives me the creeps".

"But if we help him we won't ever have to steal again! We won't need to be accepted. We can stop stealing".

"Hmph, maybe you're right. Your choice". Carlos nodded, and walked back over to Caden.

"Alright," he said "We'll join you".
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Sage

Sage listened quietly as the Frillerfang told it's story. Her story was rather interesting. A person going from a regular girl to a hybrid does sound painful. It had already assumed that it's transformations were extremely painful, (such drastic changes to a human body would obviously be painful) it just wanted to hear how it felt from her, "That... doesn't sound pleasant." While it made up a response, it looked around again. Nobody was nearby other than Colin who was still hiding behind one of the columns. Both of them started shivering because of how cold it was under here. They should probably leave here soon, before they catch something. Sage had one last question for the beast before it left, "I have one more question..." It knew full and well that it was likely treading on thin-ice here, "... Would you ever like to go back? I mean start being normal again."

Caden

"Yes. More open minds and bodies put together." Caden says as the orb of darkness faded away until it was all gone. He looked up at May sitting on the roof, "May. It is time for us to depart. How far away is your second house?"

May smirked and turned into a pink, glittering gas. She dropped down and the second she was on the ground level she turned back human, "Not very far, just have to go to the Westside."

"Good, my liege." Caden says, "All of us. Let's make haste... I believe the police won't appreciate us working with known criminals."

May started to lead the way towards her empty family home in the Westside district.

((Half assed and rushed post because I was about to leave. I'll make up for it later))
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Capri

Frillerfang frowned thoughtfully at this question, "Well, look at it this way..." She began. "Would it be nice to walk on land again? Yes, it would, but considerin' I can't change my situation, it's better to accept things the way they are. Even confined to water, I have a fortunate life. I got family I visit every once in awhile, and my own philosophies about life, since I have a good idea about what it's like to be a fish. When you're not distracted by normal life, you get to think long and hard about things, what their meaning is. I would like to think I know that people are so worried about payin' their bills, and putting food on the table, that they don't actually live. They just merely exist, never really seeing the bright side of their situation. I don't worry about those things, I don't need money, and I can get my own food, without worrying about someone hindering me from doing so. As a fish, human laws don't much apply to me. I'm not breaking a law that conserves some species I've never heard about, because in the natural order of things, big fish eat little fish, and that's how life works."

She seemed to tap one of the bones on her fins like a finger, "Humans also warp things, too, what they're meant for. As something big and strong, fisherman try to catch me for various reasons. Some want to study me, because they think I'm a new undiscovered species of Frilled Shark." She scowled, "Others, though, see me as the ultimate challenge, and say I would make a nice trophy to hang over their mantle. It's only until people start hunting you down for that reason, that you see how warped taxidermy really is. If you are trying to kill something, naturally, it should be either in self-defense, or because you are trying to eat it. Why does no one seem disturbed by the fact that people hang the severed heads of deer, and then the stuffed corpses of fish on their walls? You could have eaten the deer, and the fish, and then that would be saying that they were worth something. To waste all that food, you are saying that the creature wasn't worth eating. It's a terrible way to honor a creature's memory." Her eyes narrowed at the thought, "Even catch and release is cruel. People think they're not hurting the fish, because they let it go, but the instant they're hooked, the damage is done. People still today say a fish doesn't feel pain, but they're not very empathetic, to say that. Even fish, with their low intelligence and eyes that are considered dead, feel fear and terror. Fish that people release don't actually have a good chance of survival. Their mouths are damaged and bleeding, they can't eat, and the smell attracts predators like me. If they swallow the hook, and it slashes up their stomach, then how will it ever live, with that internal bleeding? Even as a normal human, catch and release made me feel guilt, because I thought those fish felt pain, and it hurt them." She smiled slightly, "This is why I'm an Urban Legend, because I'm smart, and I don't bite their hooks like everything else. I tear up their traps, just for the fun of it."

She frowned again, "Well, that's about all I have to say on the matter, sorry if I launched into a lecture, I don't get to talk very often. You two look like you're freezing down here, I should probably get going, then. I don't want to be responsible for making people catch an illness." With this, she started to slowly make her way back to the water.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Sage & Colin

And the eighth time I posted this song on this site:

Sage once again listened to the Frillerfang's speech. The androgyne found it so interesting that this urban legend, the Frillerfang, isn't nothing but a mindless beast that attacks fishermen. She has a story, she has ideals, she's no less human than itself. While she talks a little too much--- Sage didn't care about how much she talked, it cared more about finding out a new and interesting thing. It did think that the creature has some interesting philosophy--- The life that everyone lives was a life of where nothing is free. In the monetary sense, and the mental sense. No person is without their worries, doubts and fears. Sage was especially not an exception, with it's worries about it's sister, it's doubts about itself, and how badly it fears it's own demons coming to attack it when it's the weakest. But, Sage was appreciative where it is now. It can go places, talk to people, live a normal life. The fish woman cannot have any of that, merely because she just looks much different from the average human. The worst Sage gets is being mocked (and occasionally attacked) for it's gender-neutrality--- The point being is that while it will face soul-crushing worries in life, it still had faith that it will be able to overcome them when it arrives.

At this point the Frillerfang started talking about Humans warping things, and how killing of animals should be done in self defense (Something like that) and other things. Sage did agree with her next sentiments, but it felt like this had less meaning than her previous sentiments. It just felt like... It didn't know how it felt, it was a mix of indifference and agreeing. After the Frillerfang finished talking, she started to leave. Sage was quiet the whole time, not saying a thing--- Only thinking. It spoke abruptly, "It was... nice, meeting you... Frillerfang." It was a mystery if they were ever to meet again, this could be a once in a life-time thing where Sage met a living legend.

Colin was still shivering behind the column (from both fear and the cold ocean draft), with two puppets standing by his sides acting as barriers. "I-is it g-gone...?" He nervously asks.

Sage turned around with a rather confident face on, "I think so. Now that wasn't all that scary, was it?"

"C-ca-can we go now?" Colin stated, forgoing the question.

"Yeah. We can." Sage appeared to be in a much better mode, Colin disappearing allowed him to meet an urban legend and learn that it's human after all. Then it remembered that it ran into Caden, "... Just don't do this again. Now let's go." Sage started walking towards the stairs, followed by Colin, who shattered his Puppets before running after.

Ray

Ray walked around on the sidewalks Black Fall at night towards the Nothside. Also known as the Down town section of Black Fall. There was something there he needed there. With every step the troubled teen took, there were people moving about together. They were holding shopping bags, or just walking. It was something Ray was used to. Everyone moving together, but he always moved alone. The very same could be said months ago when he faced the Uprising gang, and he had the perfect opportunity to fight alongside people and stop advancing alone--- Instead he choose to fight alone, and barely succeeded at that. He always told himself if he didn't fight at all, then he would have never uncovered a clue about his mother's past. Which he wouldn't be trying to implore right now.

He wore something along his usual outfit. A black leather-jacket that was unzipped to show his plain black sweater. He wore dark blue jeans that were torn and torn and tattered slightly. He wore matching black combat boots and gloves. Since it was night time, it was stupid for him to be wearing his sunglasses. In Ray's hand he was holding a red apple. With every other step that empathized his strength, he occasionally took a bite out of the apple. While he walked, he bumped into something and tried his hardest not to fall forward on to the person, "Hey! Watch it!" Ray rudely says. Fail in holding on to his apple and dropped it into a puddle of water on the side of the street. He turned to the person he had bumped into. She was a girl in a wheel-chair, it was hard for Ray not to take pity on her. Ray had assumed that it was some drunk, and responded negatively.

He calmed down a bit before looking at the wheel-chair riding girl, "Hey, sorry about that...." He says in a slightly embarrassed tone, "I thought you were some drunken dumb @ss."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Merry would be lying if she said she was surprised when she ran into the man. Or rolled into him, which might be worse. She could only hope she didn't hurt him and he didn't press charges. Merry really didn't want to blame herself for this though, the man was wearing all black and dark blue. The only slightly reflective thing on the man was his apple, which had now rolled across the pavement into a puddle. Curse rolling fruit.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!" Merry had said in response to what the man had said at first. "I didn't mean to bump into you." She sounded slightly frantic, now able to observe the man. He didn't really frighten her, maybe it was just habit. "I should have reached for my breaks faster."

Merry quickly wheeled herself over to the half eaten apple, which was now floating in a grimy puddle. It took a bit of straining but she was able to fish it out, holding it by the stem. "I bet you don't want this anymore..."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Ray

Ray tilted his head downwards so that Merry couldn't see his face too well. He immediately rolled his eyes up into his head. The girl seemed to be upset because they bumped into each other. He was more annoyed with himself that he didn't notice the girl before bumping into her. There was no use bawling about it now. They're both here, and Ray was going to deal with it. He raised his head and look directly at her. "It's fine." He spoke in a rather annoyed tone. "... I can get another apple." Ray grabs the apple from Merry's hand and held it. He was going to throw it away later.

"Now that's dealt with... I'm Ray. What's a girl in a wheelchair doing at this hour alone? Shouldn't someone be watching you...?" He knew that he was likely asking questions that would upset the girl. He didn't care. As Ray wasn't the kindest person on the planet that cared about everyone's feelings.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 2:46 pm

Merry tried not to glare up at him. He sounded annoyed and making him angry was not something she wanted to deal with. And even though she heard it all the time, the girl in a wheelchair comment stung a bit. Maybe it was just different hearing it from some stranger she just ran into late at night. She almost wanted to make a joke about his name being Ray, since rays are normally associated with the sun and thus bright colors, but decided against it. The name related puns would have to come later.

"The girl in the wheelchair's name is Merry." She said in an almost dry tone. "And she can take care of herself, she doesn't need a babysitter."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Ray

Ray knew that he pushed the girl's buttons. Pushing people's buttons was something that he did often. Most of the time unwittingly (Though, he kinda did it intentionally this time). Calming people down was something he wasn't good at either. He usually piss people off more and have to fight. Good thing he was rather skilled at fighting people.... This girl didn't look like she could fight. Nor would it look good fighting a crippled girl. Though his fight against the Uprising Gang and Atrocious showed him that anyone is capable of putting up a good fight. He needs to be somewhere, somewhere important. His mother's old apartment, for some reason she still pays for the place even though it's not used for anything. It (hopefully) would serve as the stepping stone into the bigger picture. If he gets there before anyone notices he's gone. Ray wants to wrap up this conversation so he can get a move on. He turned to the girl, with the wet apple held in his hand.

"Merry." He started off, "It was nice to meet you. Sorry if I upset you or anything. I need to be somewhere, like right now." Ray says in an apathetic tone.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 am

Merry could feel her expression soften, her brow relaxing. At least he said sorry, that had to stand for something. She gripped her wheels and gaver herself a quick jerk to the left to turn her around, pointing back towards the path back to her house. Him talking about leaving reminded her about how late it was becoming, and there was a long ride home. The last thing she wanted to do was worry her father. She rolled herself slightly down the sidewalk, turning her head back towards Ray to finish speaking with him.

"No worries mister Ray." She said with a grin. "Good luck on whatever you are off to do!" And with that she began her ride home, and as curious as she was, she wasn't going to ask him about what he had to do so urgently.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:45 pm

"You, are angry. I get that. I get it. I mean without family who the hell are we? There was a time I would do anything for my sister, I mean the first time I ever killed was for my sister. Not enough for her, no no no no no please. You see the thing about our loved ones, right, our DAMN loved ones, they come and they BLINDSIDE you every time! So they say to me, they say Vaas, Vaas, who the HELL is it going to be? THEM or ME, ME or THEM?"

Silence.

"Like, like you know, like they think that i need to make a choice... By the way this lighter really sucks."

The man, Vaas as he called himself, then walked over to him, tied to a chair, and stuck the lighter in his shirt pocket. Before walking over to his fiancee who was also tied to a chair. She pulled her head away to protect herself, as her hands were tied down. "It's really too bad Citra had to ink you up, because now the only way to kill you is to erase you completely." she whimpered again, before Vaas began to speak again. "Shh shh shh... It's alright. It's okay... I swear to god man, It's truly beautiful that you're willing to die with the one you love." he said, lighting his own match and staring at the flame for a few seconds. "Lets give these lovers some privacy." He said before throwing the match. When he had woken up from his unconscious state, Vaas had coated them in gasoline. The fire began to spread around the floor, getting closer to him.

The TV went black.

"That's enough Far Cry for today." Nick said, placing the remote control down and putting his Xbox controller into it's charger. Far Cry, while a very good and fun game, was very violent and had several things that put it high up even for an M rating by the ESRB.  "Nick!" his dad called with his fading Australian accent from some other area in the house. Presumably the office. "Put your snake up and go outside, you've been playing for two hours!" Nick sighed, and lifted the three foot snake off his shoulders. It's round beady eyes stared at him with curiosity that was unorthodox for it's species. It wrapped itself around Nick's arm as he walked back to his room to place the reptile back into it's terrarium. "And for bein' such a good snake..." Nick said in his own slight accent, standing up and across to his desk to grab a cardboard box. Inside the cardboard box were three mice. All were well fed to keep them healthy, although he had only had them around for a few days now. He grabbed one by the tail, and expert at handling them by now, and dropped it into the snake's cage. The Ball Python was forty inches long and was extremely strong, like any constrictor snake. Nick didn't have to stick around to see what would happen.

After all, it had been a week and a half since the snake had it's last mouse. It would wait until the mouse was comfortable before striking lightning fast and pulling the mammal in. He was happy he knew just as much about reptiles as he did mammals. After all, he had easy access to both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:05 pm

That concludes   Act 1: Days of the Regenesis

Act 2: The Day a new Monster was Born

8:31 AM

Song for this act:

This morning in Black Fall was much like any other morning there. The skies were clear, the sun was shining. There was a very cold breeze and heavy winds throughout the city. If one was wearing appropriate attire, then it wouldn't be a problem. People were just getting up, and going to work. Other than the tourists and people hanging out, the streets were barren. That would change as the day goes along. There are also weather reports about heavy rain later on today.

Black Fall's very own Newpaper, The Black Fall Inquirer, ran a rather unsettling front-page article entitled, "PEOPLE DISAPPEARING WITHOUT A TRACE" entailing people of various ages and sizes going missing, and how there was a major investigation into the matter. What everyone didn't know, all the people gone missing were Meta-humans. This was the first

Sage and...

Sage was asleep in it's bed in the Pimm manor. The Pimm Manor wasn't large and exquisite as some of the other Mansions, to the middle and lower class this place was perfect. Perfect for this family too, it was spacious enough for every last Pimm. Even though most aren't in at all times. Sage was barely here, only to sleep and eat. Aside from Colin, it doesn't speak to too many of it's family members. It was being awakened by someone... A female who was moaning, "Sage." Quietly over and over again.

By the time it opened it's eyes, it saw it's older sister, May. Standing over it with a wicked grin on it's face. "Sage." She started off, "Oh good you're awake." The second she say that Sage was awake, she grabbed a chair and sat down on it. She was wearing her flamingo-feather coat, with a red V-neck shirt under it. She wore black striped pants, with a red belt. She was always seen wearing her red-tinted sunglasses. May leaned back in the chair and continued, "So, how are you today, Sage?" Speaking causally, seemingly forgetting about their conflict towards each other.

Sage immediately stood straight up in it's bed, facing her with furious intents "What do you want?!" It hissed at her.

May looked like she didn't care, and shrugged, "Oh, well, Sage. I wanted to have a conversation with you, but If you're going to be like that... Might as well just cut to the chase." May stood straight up and yawned.

Sage got out of the bed and stood straight up, revealing it's matching sky-blue pajamas (which obviously belonged to the female gender). "What is it?" It hissed, while it scrambled around for it's thick-frame glasses.

May shrugged and says, "Just want to ask you a question, or two..." She turned around and faced the wall, before looking over her shoulder back at Sage, "I heard you ran into my illustrious leader, Caden; how did that go?"

"How did you think?" Sage states blankly, "I said I'll never join a gang like his.... Not after what happened."

May giggled for a few moments, as her fingers quickly extended into needle-like claws, "Gang? No, no, no, Sage. We aren't like those Uprising fools. They were just after blood and money--- Those same two things is why they're gone, but, I digress. Caden has goals better than that, he wants change."

"Aren't like?" Sage started off, before brushing some of it's blonde hair out of it's face, "You're all just criminals in the long wrong. Using your powers to muscle through people."

May shrugged again, before sitting back down. Putting her right hand on her left knee, even though there were sharp needles. "Yes and no, Sage. It's all about what our goals are, and how we plan them out. The only reason why I work with Caden is so I don't have to hide what's underneath this clothes..." A half-grin crept on May's face, "... And he made me a little promise." She said before she started crackling like a maniac.

"Get out." Sage walked over to the window and opened it up. It was the least bit interested in hearing it's older sister's evil schemes and it was long tired of attempts of recruitment to goals that'd only end in pain. Sage pointed at the window and said, "Now."

"Oh well, Sage." May's fingers reverted back to their usual length, and she started transforming into a cloud of pink, sparkling gas. Then she flew out the window, "You'll just be left behind when the tidal wave of change comes around. Ta ta." She spoke before she disappeared.

Sage let out a sigh before slamming it's windows shut. Now that it's up, it might as well start it's day. It went through it's dressers and wardrobes and got itself an outfit. Before heading off to the bathroom with it's outfit slung over it's shoulder. The moment it was in it's bathroom, it dropped it's pajamas and stepped into the shower, and turning on the shower on hot. The bathroom was filled with warm, steam and it fogged up the windows. After a few minutes Sage turned off the shower and walked out. It started putting on it's outfit for today. A green women's tank-top, with "HERO" written in dark green. It wore tattered, blue jeans, with a black belt tightened around it's waist. It wore black combat boots. Around it's neck was a black scarf, that flowed causally as it walked. Sage always kept a golden necklace under it's shirt.

Since it's all dressed up. It decided that it'll go to the park with Colin... It started walking to Colin's room, and opened it ajar slightly. Only to see a sleeping Colin. He looked peaceful, Sage decided against waking him up, and decided to go by itself. It started walking through the halls of the Pimm Manor with it's hands in it's pockets. It walked all the way to the best park in all of Black Fall.  

The park is -not so cleverly- named The All Fathers Park. It was here since Black Fall was first founded, the most notable part of the park was the several statues at several different points of the park, all of every single president of the United States, some of these statues are incredibly old and aged made out of stone and surprisingly still in one piece. Because of the insane amount of effort put into keeping them presentable. While the rest were new and freshly made out of iron, silver or copper--- it became a sort of "tradition" to forge new statues when a brand new president is elected. It was one of those things that everything is proud of when it's far less impressive than it really is. There was a large wall around the park, and there were four gates inside (The North, East, West and South gates). Inside the park were plenty of large trees, bushes and a forest. It would make a perfect hiding spot if anyone didn't want to be seen.

Sage walked through through the East Gate with a carefree and apathetic look on it's face. It wondered what would be accomplished by coming here. Maybe it'll talk to someone (normal) today. While it was a curious person, it didn't want to be seen around monsters at this hour. It walked to the statue of Warren Harding, the 29th President of the united states. Around the statue was several benches, no one was here. Sage shrugged and sat down on the nearest bench.

Ray

Ray walked into the All Fathers park at nearly the same time as Sage. Except, he went through the North Gate. He was wearing something a little bit smaller. An oversized black sweater, black jeans. Since it was day time out, he could walk around wearing his large Oil-Rig Sunglasses. Over his black sweater he had a leather jacket, unzipped to show his sweater. He also wore a small necklace with a tiny cross attached to it. As he walked in, he was holding a red apple in his hand, and hopefully he won't drop it this time. He took a bite out of the apple as he wandered through the park. He was hoping to see someone here, Sage. While Ray wasn't on the best terms with the angel (since months back they fought a vicious battle), but there's something he needs to ask it. From what Ray has heard, Sage comes here every now and then with it's younger brother, Colin. Ray needs to ask Sage about the Valos... Since, he himself has not seen any of the Valos children in quite awhile, and he was hoping that Sage knew something. Even if it seemed widely unlikely.

Last night when he made it to his mother's apartment, he found nothing but an expensive brown vase with several letters stuffed inside. Under the vase had "GIFT TO THE VALOS FROM YOURS TRULY" written. The letters were about some academy for Meta-humans like him, and there had to be twenty letters that went out to various people. Including the Valos. What interested him was that one of the letters was sent out to him, Ray Quinin. Ray wondered why his mother has a vase that obviously belongs to the Valos, with letters inside to some academy. Unfortunately, before he could implore further into the apartment, some neighbor came to investigate and he had to retreat out of the window.

Ray knows Johnny quite well, and the first son of Valos was a friend of his. Even if he disappeared there has to be someone who knows.

Ivete

Ivete walked into the All Fathers park wearing a flashy Panda dress, with a panda face drawn on her chest (with hearts instead of eyes). While the park wasn't the best place for a woman like her, she figured that there would be no one here to bug her. As it's early in the morning, and most of the tourists are in more important places. She walked in through the South Entrance and sat down on a bench by a statue of Teddy Roosevelt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next