Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:50 am

Faith looked nervously around the group a Caden announced she was a meta-human. The statement only got a smirk from Jack, as he let out a small laugh. "I-I um..." Faith looked at the groups sheepishly and watched the sand slowly blow past. It seemed almost as if it it were being... Controlled? Faith's head snapped up as she looked around the group. Who? Who was it?  Maybe Charles or Jack. She kept quiet before finally nodding in reply to Caden's statement.

Jack began laughing rather loudly. "I guess it runs in the family, huh, Rosemary?"  He gave Faith a pat on the back. Her face turned red, "w-we don't even have alike blood. W-we're step, um... Siblings." Jack smirked as he turned to Caden. He did like trickery, true, but he still had a few good bones in his body (no matter how stupid those bones were) an was ready to fight. "Tell me... What's your biggest fear?" Of course, he didnt know, but he didnt need to ask the question, either. His power didn't require such information. He just wanted to see people around him become nervous.

The statement sure did make Faith nervous. She was wondering what Jack was getting himself into. Seriously, he was going to be dead in a few days, maybe less at this rate. She took a few steps back and stood beside Nick. "If my step brother screws things up anymore, we run. Soud good?" She whispered loud enough for only Nick to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 2:49 am

Hugh & Samuel

After awhile of wandering about, with Hugh chaperoning Samuel, the young boy grew bored, all of a sudden. "I'm bored, I wanna be something else." He said. "Glasswork, no, you might get caught." Hugh warned. Both of the two were meta-humans with abilities that were the most part subtle, almost impossible to notice. Hugh often unconsciously whipped up pleasant breezes over a large area, and Samuel, well, it was pretty hard to imagine he was a meta-human unless you actually saw him use his powers. "Oh...lighten up! I won't get caught! Watch." He said. He then ran over and vanished into the shadows between two stalls. Moments later, a Greyhound, having the typical pale grey coat, dashed out of them, and ran up to Hugh, wagging its tail. Samuel, attentive to detail as always, had added a black collar and leash, so that nobody would be suspicious, unless someone wondered why Hugh had brought his dog to the Carnival. The appearance was in no way fake, as Samuel was an expert master of disguise.

"A Greyhound? Really?" Hugh said, annoyed, "How is that any better than being a kid?" He asked, grabbing the end of the leash so nobody stared. Samuel, not wanting to give away that he wasn't a real pet, drooped his ears, and made an annoyed expression. Hugh shrugged at this, "Fine, your name is D.O.G. If you spell dog really fast, it sounds like an interesting name." With this, he slowly started walking his fake dog down the carnival again.

While this looked normal, there were several questions automatically raised if you thought about it. How did a guy get his dog into the carnival? In addition, if someone had actually listened to him talking to the dog, they would be confused. Lots of people talked to their dogs, but there was something about the dog's behavior that wasn't dog-like.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 am

"That isn't a dog," Riley murmured softly to Chloe. Amidst the hustle and bustle of people at the carnival, they hadn't been able to pay attention to any one person, but rather the general ebb and flow of the crowd. And yet that thing masquerading as a canine-Riley was absolutely sure it wasn't one. He watched it closely, inhaling deeply. It didn't smell of one-not truly of one. Dogs smell of weeks-old mud and filth. This one smelled too impeccably clean. Not to mention its thoughts were far too advanced-although the crowd all around him made it hard to discern any specifics, Riley was wholly sure it was a metahuman. "Be on your guard. Don't know if they're trying something, but they're pulling our gig."

"If you want, I could tie you up with a leash."

"If only I could be so lucky. Caden's around here somewhere, but it's harder to track him now that we're here. Too many people and smells and sounds. Would've been nice if he'd come here after hours, alone, because even then it would've been tough." Cotton candy and popcorn and sweat and adrenaline and everything else hung in the air like a groundfog, and trying to smell past it was like trying to see through a blindfold. Anything past three or four feet was lost. Chloe's eyes were primed, but her senses weren't on par with Riley's. Still, four eyes were better than two. They scanned the crowd for Caden's presence, but only half-heartedly: now, the two of them were focused on the strange person walking the not-dog.

"Let's tail them for a while. Might be in cohorts with Caden. If not, we've either gotten some allies or figured out the capabilities of a few more metahumans in this city. Nothing to lose-finding Caden's going to be a matter of luck at this point, anyways."

Chloe nodded, eyeing a nearby cotton candy stand. "Sounds good. The duo walked, hand in hand. Saying they were inconspicuous wasn't exactly accurate-they could be stealthy when needed, but that relied on being totally unseen. Chloe's ever-changing hair (although it was shifting far more slowly, now, over the span of several minutes) and Riley's build and Navajo heritage made them stand out a bit. "Ooh, the puppy might smell us. If they're with Caden, they might panic and lead us to him."

"Or try and kill us."

"Try being the keyword, darling."

---

Amanda had been in her fair share of brawls. In most of them, her adversary tended to get the first blow in, because she had the reflexes of a dead...well, honestly, most dead organisms had faster reflexes than Amanda did. Still, she wasn't the type to roll over and die, and she could've out rope-a-dope'd Muhammed Ali. So when things started getting tense, with thinly veiled threats being thrown around, she couldn't help but envision a scene out of the Old Westerns, with the camera cutting to their eyes, and their fingers twitching at their gunbelts. She'd had enough of a warning to be more on her toes, although she wouldn't be getting the first strike in by any means. Still, if somebody lashed out, they'd be getting a lot more than they bargained for with the easy-going Southern belle. Amanda cut her eyes at her sister, who glanced back and nodded subtly. Call it twin intuition or the most basic, not-quite telepathy of knowing someone well enough to have a conversation without speaking, but they were on the same page.

And, normally, Amanda was content to stay quiet and out of the way, and let bygones be bygones, but damn if Mister Caden Zorich here didn't have just too big an opinion of himself. Nastasha stood behind her, listening to what he said with a mixture of revulsion and interest. She'd never really considered it that way, metahumans being a notch above. It...it wasn't really like that. Hell, was it? Nastasha didn't have much time to really ponder these thoughts, given that her sister had spoken up, and Nastasha was now convinced her big mouth would get them both killed. Thanks, Amanda. I'm gonna die in the middle of a carnival.

"Caden, you said it was? If you're superior in every conceivable way, raises the question of why you're screwing around in some backwoods carnival rather than marchin' on Washington or having yourself a grand old time in a mansion somewhere, havin' robbed every bank vault you could get your hands on? Maybe you can kill everybody here, maybe not. Seems to me if I was going to commit mass murder, or was even capable of it, I'd keep my mouth shut. Wouldn't want everybody knowing about it. Just me, though. Do what you feel necessary, but if you're lookin' to scare us into quivering in our boots or running away in terror, I've seen worse. Don't take it too rough."

Nastasha sharply elbowed her sister and gave her a withering glare. What the hell are you doing? Amanda smiled softly and glanced back. No words, telepathic or otherwise, were shared, but the message was clear. Ease down, little sister. I got this. Amanda never faltered in her cool, calm demeanor. She didn't sound any angrier than she had before, or even particularly concerned. Mellow, through and through, with the steady drawl and gentle smile. She might've been calmly chastising a dog that ate one treat too many or a toddler that said something silly, not a boy who casually dropped he could murder everyone here and get off scot-free. It was hard to believe her sister was truly her twin-Nastasha didn't fall to pieces by any means, but the stress of her sister dragging them into this mess was visible, and her hand reached back to what looked like a small spritzer bottle tucked into her backpack.

"No need for anybody to get violent, here. Looks like Mister Caden came to talk, and unless anybody feels so inclined as to throw the first punch, I'm fine with a nice, civilized conversation."

"Damnit, Amanda!" Nastasha hissed into her sister's ear. "Cut it out! We don't know what they can do!"

"Something goes bad, you take off. Otherwise, do your thing, I'll do mine. We'll be alright, Sasha."

Nastasha didn't enjoy her sister talking down to her, but endured it for now. They could bicker later, when things weren't in danger of breaking out into a potentially explosive conflict. Sasha licked her lips and readied for the fight, if it was coming.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 am

Emily watched in silence. She formed the consensus that they weren't really that close of of friends. A simple greeting and straight to business she thought to herself. Emily made eye contact with Ray as he pulled out a letter. She quickly averted her gaze, then turned it to the parcel.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"... Where did you get this from, Ray?"

It appeared that whatever it was Sage was indeed interested. Emily considered sitting straight up to get a better look, but decided against it. Not because she was intimidated by Ray, but because she didn't want to wrong Sage. This is strange, normally I wouldn't care what anyone else thought. Her mind then wondered off on that topic. Is it Sage? Maybe the environment? How about geographical location location?...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh kept on walking, unconsciously generating the calming breeze that seemed to cover the entire carnival. Because half the time he did it without being aware he was using his powers, and because it was spread over such an enormous area, nobody ever noticed it. However, the strange thing was that regardless of where he was, when he created these tiny gusts, they always came from the north, and would blow south. He could control the direction if he consciously attempted to do so, but when he was not focused, the default was the north wind. Either way, Hugh was like some sort of compass, he could always tell where north was, not that it was really helpful in an urban place like Blackfall. He didn't even know which direction was east, and which was west, unless it was daytime and the sun was in the sky. Hugh was not focused this time, because he was looking at the game stands, smiling when he saw little kids cheering if their parents won a game for them. There was something so wonderful about a happy child, which is why he liked the Carnival to begin with. He liked seeing people happy, not that he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

His wandering thoughts were interrupted when Samuel bumped into his leg, and then, when there was not a response, tugged on his pant leg with his mouth. This got Hugh's attention, he knelt down next to the fake dog, "What?" He asked, keeping his voice low so the crowd would ignore him. He petted the greyhound's back, so it merely looked as though he were showing affection to his pet. "Hugh, there's some weird people following us." The dog said quietly, keeping barely above a whisper. However, his mouth was forming shapes a dog's mouth was not meant to make, and the words were distinctly human. Samuel then gave a pointed look in the stranger's direction, and Hugh followed it. There were two people that immediately stood out. A couple that to him just didn't make very much sense. Samuel tugged on his pant leg again to get his attention once more, "We need to get out of here, I don't like the looks of those two, something isn't right about them. They might be like us." Hugh nodded, and stood back up.

Giving the leash a loose tug--it wouldn't hurt Samuel, the leash was a part of him, after all, Hugh started to lead his dog away, walking hastily away from the two strangers. Either they would be fooled by Samuel's appearance, and thought he was a dog with his master, or they knew he wasn't what he appeared to be. It was clear, though, that the two had noticed the strangers, and were now extremely nervous, but trying to hide it. The wind picked up slightly, continuing to blow south, but regardless, it was distinctly stronger than before, and it whipped at Hugh's scarf that he kept around his neck. His alarm was affecting the air currents, now.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

"It sounds like a good idea. But Caden might follow us. We might as well get the conversation over with. He might actually have something interesting to say." He said back to Faith. Her brother was probably mentally impaired in one way or another. "Hey, Caden, why dont we all step aside and talk a little bit? We wouldn't want to interrupt everyone else, would we?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. There were plenty of places around the carnival that could be used to have the conversation without interruption.

Truth be told, it was more of an excuse to get away from Jack before he made someone blow a gasket. That wouldn't be pretty. He hated the kid with passion. However, everyone knew he was a meta now. That made him a target. He silently thanked his powers for the fact that they were indirect. He didn't have to touch anything. Nobody could PROVE he had them. The only ones who knew of it were Caden and Faith. He doubted they would be saying anything about it though. Although, with Caden, who knew what he would do. He was someone you wanted on your side. Humoring him was probably the best thing he could do about that right now.

He tried to ignore the rest of the conversations right now, he didn't have much place in them and he wouldn't butt in. For now, he would remove Caden from the situation to lower everyone's stress levels, and get away from Jack to lower theirs. It was a fool proof plan. Even Faith wouldn't be AS shy to Caden, because she knew who he was. He just hoped Caden wouldn't do anything to give him a seizure. He couldn't have one.

Not in a public place like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Neal walked through the carnival trying to stay in the less active parts. Of course, that wa close to impossible considering it being a carnival was naturally busy. Neal passed by a boy and his dog. He hated dogs- they were so annoying and undomestic. Not to mention the smell they have- unclean, wild, and always reeking of their own filth. He glared at the dog. He wasnt sure how the animal had gotten into the carnival. It was annoying how leaniant security was getting these days. To allow a filthy dog into the carnival... Sure, this dog smelled clean, but Neko was sure it was just as mindless a any other dog.

Neal pulled at the rim of his hoody, making sure it was going to stay on his head. The wind had picked up, which wasn't good. It was never good when the wind came. He had to keep his fingers tight around the rim of the hood as to make sure his cat ears wouldn't be revealed. It would be dangerous if that were to happen.

Neal noted a couple that seemed to be following the dog and the kid. They had a strange vibe to them. He scowled and watched them pass by. Perhaps he should follow and see what happens?  He wasn't sure why he wanted to- at any cost, the situation was annoying. But Neal felt a strange feeling in his gut that these people were different. Even though he hated dogs, it was almost as if he wanted to find out about the dog. It was strange and annoying, but Neal found himself turning around and silently following the three people and the dog.

---
Faith and Jack
---
Faith nodded as Nick spoke up to Caden. They could just walk away from the group and keep the others out of this issue. Just a meeting for the three of them.  It woul be best. "I'm, um.... curious about what you have to say, Caden, so I agree with Nick's suggestion."  

Jack smirked as he took a step back, "I suppose you two can handle yourselves against the guy so I will step down, then, while you three go talk."  Jack had wanted to use his power so much, but hey, he had to behave for now since Faith and nick had already spoken up. Maybe he'll wait for later to trick someone. Yeah, stick with the original plan.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Now Jaylen found himself at the carnival district with a group of people he had never met. Not sure of exactly what to say or do, he decided to keep his distance from the group a bit, and leaned back on a stack of wooden crates, waiting for the current situation to play out. That Caden guy that showed up gave him the creeps. He seemed like a guy Jaylen didn't want to get involved with. So he figured he's hang out in the shadows until someone decided to talk to him. This was more of Jaylen's style. He wasn't one to throw himself into the thick of things like that. This was how he had always acted around groups. He just kind of sat in the back and waited for others to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:40 am

Tally

The song Tally's listening to:

Now Tally hadn't expected this would be her morning, roller-skating around the Carnival. Not even getting on any rides, she just rode around blasting groovy disco music through her head-phones at full volume. Looking for some fun. Since it was out of her control, she was reading the thoughts of people around her. It was so interesting to hear what people had going on in their heads. Mostly everything she gathered was soon forgotten, since she couldn't keep it interesting for long. She maneuvered around the crowds of people, reading their thoughts. Keeping her eyes forward. Tally is wearing her usual outfit, dressed lightly so that she can maneuver better. She wore her usual black and white motorcycle-helmet on her head, with her motorcycle goggles wrapped around her helmet, on the forehead. She wore a white shirt with a sky-blue, glittery/sparky heart written on the chest of her shirt. She wore light-blue jean shorts, which seemed to be torn in some places, with white Sketchers sneakers tied around her waist. To keep them secure for when she actually stops skating, and starts walking. It was strange, she didn't know why, but she stuck around this carnival. Normally she would have left by now.

One thing that caught her eye (And mind/ears) was a boy with a dog. A greyhound, one of those racing dogs people around these parts pay to see run around. Just walking around with a boy. In the middle of a carnival. It was a strange sight, since they keep dogs out of here. Except this isn't what interested Tally. It was the thoughts that the pair were thinking. It made it quickly obvious that they were afraid of a couple that were observing them from afar. Tally had heard some thoughts from the stalkers, they were centered around a guy named Caden. Weird, she never heard of that guy, nor did she likely ever want to. She disregarded them for now, if they try anything then Tally would likely leave, as fast as her skates could take her. The Boy and his Dog had her attention. What is icing on this interesting cake is that one of them was a Meta-human, specifically the dog. He was no dog. He was a human, she had easily figured out from the way he thought. She guessed that he had the ability to change into a dog. A very clever disguise--- Except, it falls horribly flat when faced with telepaths. Tally slowly skated by, blatantly staring at them. It was in here best interest to find some other Meta-humans, and here one is. Walking around in plain-daylight like it's nothing.

That is, if she wanted to get tangled up with them. There were probably plenty of other Meta-humans in Black Fall--- But, this was the best she had. As she slowly skated by, Tally planned out her next course of action. For reasons obvious, walking up to them and saying "Yo' that's not a dog" or "I read your minds, that's a human." would not be the most intelligent course of action. She was smart enough to quickly think of an alternative. After slowly rolling past them, Tally quickly picks up speed and rolls all the way over to them. "Hiya! How'd you get this dog in here past security...?" Tally says playfully, trying to start off her master plan of getting the dog-boy to reveal himself to her. Even though her question was complete bullshit, they wouldn't know. All she has to do is tag the two boys along until she gets what she wants. All she has to do is take what they're thinking into consideration and act accordingly. It was the master plan. "They don't let dogs in here, right?" She tacked on, looking around for anyone else.

There was another guy who seemed to be interested in them, except, his thoughts made Tally think he's one of those anti-social douchebags that get annoyed pissed off at everything. She disregarded him as well.

Caden

Fitting music for the scene:

TheⓍperator wrote:
"Hey, Caden, why dont we all step aside and talk a little bit? We wouldn't want to interrupt everyone else, would we?"

Caden had some rebuttal in store for Amanda, except Nick finally decided to speak and say exactly what Caden wanted to hear. He had no business with these girls or anyone here. He wanted Nick and Faith. He smiled very wide and started sarcastically clapping. He looked Amanda dead in the eye and spoke sarcastically to her, mocking her, "It is about time that we end this conversation here, my dear! It is time to fulfill the reason why I'm here. And you, girl; I'd like to tell you that I do not waste my time in trivial matters like you've just described. If the leaders of the world weren't close-minded enough to realize my points; I'd already be 'marchin' on to Washington' telling them why Meta-humans should be on top! But, I digress! Our time here is finished." Caden started taking steps back, before looking at Faith and Nick.

Celo The Impossible wrote:
"I'm, um.... curious about what you have to say, Caden, so I agree with Nick's suggestion."

"And curiosity is just the beginning of opening your mind to new goals and ideals...!" Caden fiendishly smirks. He turned his attention to the rest of group, looking at Charles, Amanda, Natasha, Jack and Jaylen in order. "I believe we'll be leaving. For the rest of you... Enjoy the carnival. As it'd be best if you stay here, and let me get what I want." Caden started walking away from the group with presumably Faith and Nick behind him. He smirked fiendishly. He had no hostile intentions towards the them--- All he wanted to do is tell them a few things and move on. Hopefully they will join him on his mission of trying to make history. He lead the group behind a building in a dark, narrow, and dirty alleyway. On one side was a segment of the fence to the carnival, and the other side was an unknown building. Caden's darkness sensing powers allowed him another sense, the way to sense people. There was no one else here except them... And someone else he had sensed the darkness in someone nearby, tailing them. He turned around to look at the source, with no one there. There was undeniably a person there, he didn't know who. But, whoever it was, it was a Meta-human if they're out of sight. Whoever it is, Caden will find out who it is before this is over, but he was going to be lenient since it was a fellow Meta-human.

For now, he indulged the two (Three) with information about Meta-humans. He leaned up against the Carnival's gate, briefly exhaling and closing his eyes. "Now. May we begin?" He started off, "Since I given you all so much trouble tailing you here, I might as well give up one or two things about people like us... I'll tell you the two things that you both will need to know about.'" Now Caden started lightly laughing, this was going to be so fun.

Indulging them with information about Meta-humans, before he spoke, he straightened his face, "Ha... Let me get started: first there is an energy surging through every single one of us that is the source of our powers. It's in our skin, our bones, our blood... You get the picture. This energy gives us our powers, if it was by any chance removed, we will be without our gifts. Fortunately, there is nothing that can possibly do that... At the moment..." For a brief moment Caden thought about his love, trapped in the Othergrounds, Lemontea. The moment he finds some way to the place, he will rush in to liberate her, killing everyone that gets in his way. "... Now, this energy also leads into another perk of Meta-humans... Named after this very city! I recall I told you that already--- But, nonetheless, I wish to inform of what it can do. If you're intelligent enough you may have already gathered that it attracts us Meta-humans to each other. Makes us form alliances, or opposite, with each other. Group together, you know. But, there's yet another part of this effect; I wish I could say it isn't so, but we all are infectious..." Caden started chuckling, "... The people that are close to you, your friends, your family; are far more likely to become Meta-humans just by being in contact with another Meta-human. That's very interesting, so if you two have spent plenty of time with someone, they could end up just like you! Hahaha..." Caden starts laughing.

Caden smiled again, "Now, before I continue; I want to know all about your powers... And any Meta-humans you both may have encountered..." He started laughing, "... It's only fair."

Charles

The sand that was slowly blowing towards the group suddenly stopped in it's tracks. Everyone had assumed that it was wind--- But, the perpetrator was a different force of destruction. Charles Blackmore called off his potential attack when Nick stated that he was willing to go with Caden and take them off their hands. While this may have seemed odd, Charles didn't want Caden to be alone with them. If Caden is true to his word, he could easily kill the two of them. These people were strangers and he was feeling genuine concern for the two of them. Despite being told to stay, he was going to go in. Hidden, just to provide the best backup he could if Caden gets aggressive. He looked around, at every single last person in the group. Before digging into his collection of random objects, feeling around for that Dora the Explorer watch he had. Eventually he pulled it out of his pocket, and he raised it to the same level as his chest. This contained the power of Blind-spot Expansion, granting him near invisibility. He still had the silver broken locket in his other hand, which he usually stored Sand Manipulation. He raised that to his chest. Charles closed his eyes and focused, thinking, What I'm about to do may be one of the stupidest things I've ever done. He smirked. A green light, much like electricity, traveled from his head, through his arm, all the way down to the hand he was holding the locket. The light went into the locket before it dispersed. A light came out of the Dora the Explorer watch, and traveled up his arm all the way to his head. Like he usually does.

Now, he has the power to utilize Blind-Spot expansion. Hopefully no one noticed the light coming in and out of these items. Actually, he really hoped that none of them will ask any questions about these strange items he carries around. Because, he had that acute feeling that someone would ask about the Dora the Explorer watch. Now isn't the time to worry about such things. To the few people that were here, Charles spoke to them, apologetic, "Alright, I'm sorry that you all got dragged into this. This is following us everywhere we go. And I never meant for any of you to... Um, never mind." He was delving into nonsense quickly, "So, I'm going to help them! And don't tell anyone what you're about to see..." He had hoped that no one would notice this. Charles started running off in the direction of Caden at high speeds, a perk of being a runner. In the blink of an eye (Ironic), he used his powers to wrap himself in the human blindspot mid-sprint. Which, hidden him from sight, basically making him invisible. It was careless, but now wasn't the time for strangers to know what he is.

Once he was close, he hid behind the nearest object and listened in. Holding both objects in his hands. Ready to attack Caden.

Sage & Ray

There was a brief awkward silence after Ray and Sage stopped speaking. Possibly due to what Ray had given Sage, and the many questions that were running through it's head. For a moment, Ray amused himself with the thought of being a Meta-human mailman. Giving Meta-humans their mail. His time here was over, he better let Sage do his thing with that girl. He was turning away from the group and he spoke, "Well, I'll jus---" However, he cut himself off upon seeing a sight that triggered his inner-paranoia. He turned back towards the two. That paranoia was heavily justified upon what he had saw, Count Vicious, one of the notable men he's seen in the crowd. Just nonchalantly sitting in a bench not too far from them with a cigar in his lips... Just looking at them. While it may have been nothing, Ray just wasn't going to shrug off the thought. He was too smart for that. He kept his attention on the two and said, "Don't look, but there's a guy staring right at us with red hair and a hook-hand..."

"What...?" Sage curiously asks, "Who...?" Before it nearly looks.

"I said don't look, dammit!" Ray snaps, "... Look, this guy has been following me for a little bit... We should spring before he gets excited... Any ideas?"

"Um, there's the carnival... Or my place..." Sage hesitantly says.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 am

Suddenly, something was very not right. Everyone had run off with this creep Caden, and it felt like there was about to be a fight. That was the benefit of living in the Copeland family all your life; you always knew when a fight was about to start. Jaylen was going to leave and maybe go find some other people to go hang out with, but he couldn't. The way Charles ran off like that reminded him of a story his father had told him about The War, when his grandfather had run into the jungles of Vietnam vowing to make the Vietcong rue the day they ever messed with America. He thought of all the things his father had done in the name of his grandfather, and realized that he wasn't going to just let his new friends get killed. He had to help him.

"I cannot believe I'm about to do this." Jaylen said, looking in the direction that Charles had ran with the Dora watch. He'd ask Charles about his strange objects later, but now he had a fight to win. "I cannot believe I'm about to do this." He shook his head, walking in the opposite direction of Charles as if going, away, and then turned and sprinted after the now-invisible charles. For some reason, his friend turning invisible did not phase Jaylen in the least. Somehow he knew that these guys were all mutants. Jaylen had grown up in a family of metas, so finding a group of them on the street really wasn't much of a shock to him. When he approached Caden, Jaylen skidded to a halt, breathing heavily.

"Yo..." he said between breaths, realizing that he had just run straight into a guy who looked like a villain from a comic book after a trip to Jamaica "Has anyone... ever told you... that you look like... Jason Castro...on crack?"
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:17 am

Caden & Charles

A runt, a wretch, from that group had came after them. Even after he was told to stay. While the invisible Meta-human was excusable, since he/she is a Meta-human. The lowly common man are not privileged enough to learn about what is higher on the food chain than. A cur knowing the secrets behind Meta-humans. This was unacceptable. Yes, he would have to teach this fool a lesson. He slowly took steps past Faith and Nick and smoky black darkness came off his being. His eyes were also converted into darkness, and appeared to be hollow holes in his head. It made him seem very strange and intimidating. "Someone like you is not worthy of holding this knowledge." His hand was enshrouded in darkness, and his finger tips were sharpened, like knives. Enough to kill easily. Except, Caden didn't want to kill Jaylen... Only crush him. He pointed his hand at Jaylen's knee and his hand rocketed off at high speeds, "You're going to get on your knees, cur!" Enough to take Jaylen down to the ground. Allowing for a slow and painful torture.

Charles wouldn't let this happen. He decided to drop the disguise and fight. For what he believes in. Caden isn't going to have his way as long as Charles around. He dropped the Blindspot expansion and sent the power back into the Dora the Explorer watch, then he pulled the power of Sand Manipulation out of the locket. He put the watch away. Charles then started drawing in all the sand from the area around them. Including glass. He wasn't going to kill Caden, just bring the creep down a notch or two. All he needs is a moment to prepare.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 am

Hugh & Samuel

Both Hugh and Samuel looked nervous at the girl's question. "W-well, D.O.G. is a very s-smart dog. It's n-not hard to s-sneak him past. I c-can't stop to t-tell you the details." Hugh responded, stammering and alarmed. The wind now picked up even worse, and it was now notably uncomfortable. Even Hugh noticed, this time, and inwardly scolded himself. He knew the wind was linked somewhat to his emotions, but trying to suppress the anxiety and terror he was starting to feel would likely end in an even larger disaster. He looked over his shoulder, at the people following him. What did they want? Were they some sort of security in the carnival? They didn't look like anyone official, and now, to top it all off, it looked like a third person was following them, too. His heart was racing, and his legs shook slightly with the adrenaline flowing through his veins. His face was visibly paler than it should have been, and his eyes were wide. He didn't know who the girl was, and while he was sure she probably was just curious about the dog in the carnival, her question didn't help.

Hugh directed his attention back to her, before speaking hurriedly, "I'm sorry if I'm rushing, but we have to get out of here. Strangers are following us, and I don't know if they plan to mug me or what." He choked, before rushing past her, the dog keeping up with him, and then rounding a corner between two stands. In the shadows, Hugh let go of the leash, "Glasswork, change back, now, your attempt at making this trip more interesting is going to get us both discovered." The dog suddenly took on a appearance as though it were a glass figurine, before melting into a blob with bright blue eyes and two stubby arms. It was actually rather cute, not that this situation made anyone notice. "Don't need to tell me twice." Samuel said, before turning back into his human appearance, a little Korean boy.

Without hesitation, Hugh took the shapeshifter's hand and the two ran out on the other side behind the stalls. If it weren't for the look of terror on the two's faces, nobody would think anything of them. It just looked like an older boy was watching someone else' kid.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:30 am

Nick listened carefully to Caden, unaware of the fact that there was a place known as the Othergrounds that was full of Metahumans, like himself. He didn't know of others similar to him, like Gabe, or Dragonfly, or Nicole. But this man before him... He did. He knew of so much. "It's good to know I can't loose what I have. I dont have much after it." He said, looking down at his hands for a moment, before back up at Caden as he came out of his short pause and continued talking.

He was quite surprised by the fact that he could've made his father a meta human and not even have known it. Then again, maybe his father didn't know it either. He opened his mouth to question on whether or not his powers would be the same ones others would get from him, or if it could vary, when Charles dropped the power bomb. How the hell was he to explain that? He knew his powers, but did Faith or Caden? He sighed, looking to Faith for some help, but decided there was nothing she could do. "I have the ability to control two of the most important powers of nature there are. I can manipulate gravity, as you know." He began, giving a slightly apologetic look to Caden before continuing. "It goes as far as giving someone their own gravitational pull. I can also manipulate magnetism. I can do anything from exposing an object or person to a magnetic field, to magnetic force fields, to motor skill and electrical corruption." He explained, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. He warped electricity by overloading it through a magnetic wave. It allowed him to make people have the inability to walk or stand, as well as break most electronic devices (If simply crushing them didn't work). "If I use both at the same time though, they kinda cancel each other out... It's annoying, but I'm working on it."

He remembered his other power, and frowned. He didn't share this power for a reason. It was a weakness and a strength that shouldn't be taken lightly or shared on whim. "I have another power, a form of shape shifting. Lets say my seizures are more than just that." He said, trying to drop the topic of what his third power was. Caden would know in due time, when no one else was around. Faith shouldn't see him the way he was when he changed. He didn't want to put her through that. It was painful, and there was some blood. It was not a power to be seen by kids.

"The only metahumans I have met are myself, you, Jack, Faith here, and I have a hunch that Charles is too. But I'm not certain." He said truthfully. "Although Jack's a bit of an idiot. I'm pretty soon he'll be going from meta to deada if he's not careful." He said, lookign to Faith for a moment to make sure she wasn't offended. "What about you, Caden? What do you have at your disposal?"
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 am

Spoiler:

When Jaylen saw Caden readying his attack, he figured it was time to let the world know what he was really made of. He may look flimsy, but nobody insulted Jaylen Copeland, or for that matter any Copeland, and lived. Just as Caden released his shadow blast, a loud cracking sound split the air. Starting at his knee, silver crystals sprung from every pore of his body, covering his skin in a thick layer of silicon crystals. The shadow hand bounced off of the crystals harmlessly as they absorbed the most-common useful element around them; carbon from a nearby food stand. The crystals turned slightly whiter as veins of diamond laced their way into the crystal lattice that now completely enveloped Jaylen. He was now more or less impenetrable to the average attacker. Caden, of course, wasn't an average attacker, but this would still provide some protection.

"Look ya white Rastafarian!" Jaylen yelled, the diamond body armor boosting his confidence "I don't want a fight, but if you don't back yo b*tch @$$ off I'm kill yo' @$$ and shove ya in a f*cking gutter!" Seeing that Charles was now using a more useful power (much to Jaylen's bewilderment because this power wasn't related to the other one), Jaylen felt confident that the two together could best Caden. Just in case he didn't back off, Jaylen clenched his fists tightly and caused small crystal studs to form on his knuckles. A punch from him right now would be like getting hit with brass knuckles.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 am

Ray wrote:
"I said don't look, dammit!" Ray snaps, "... Look, this guy has been following me for a little bit... We should spring before he gets excited... Any ideas?"

The man did look pretty creepy. I might be freaked out if some guy with a hook hand was stalking me Emily thought to herself. Then again I'm pretty scary myself. Emily let a tiny bit of a laugh escape, but quickly clamped her mouth shut.

Sage wrote:
"Um, there's the carnival... Or my place..."

Emily spoke up. "I think the carnival would be fun, besides there's lots of people there and we could lose him." She took a pause. "Besides I wouldn't wan't him knowing where I lived... If I had a home..." She didn't break into tears this time. She didn't want Ray to see her cry for one, and truth be told she didn't really want a home.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:14 am

Faith listened with great interest as Caden explained powers. It cleared things up so much for her. Like eh she would become curious about the most random people. Wait, he wanted to know her power? Faith let Nick explain his power first. Well, powers more like it. She was wondering about what he ment when talking about his third power. Faith stood beside Nick awkwardly before clearing her throat to speak. "I can control electronics. I only know the same people as Nick mentioned that are metas." Her explanation wasnt as long as Nick's and sounded a more plain. She felt awkward at this, but shrugged it off.

It was then she heard Jaylen speak up. Crap, he had followed them. And was now insulting Caden. Faith tried to keep a strait face but began laughing. The statement was kinda true. "Um... S-sorry," he quickly said and stopped her laughing fit. Faith jumped when Caden attacked Jaylen. "Um... No iolence ple-" wait, Jaylen has a power, too? Okay there's another person. Wait, where did Charles come from? Faith just stood in shock, now completely confused.

---
Jack
---
Jack watched as everyone started to leave. He looked at the two girls, "I think Faith and Nick will be fine. Four people against one dude?" He smirked. No use using Rosemary without anyone to embarrass. "not like I could do much physical damage anyways." Some mental scarring, maybe. A big maybe. Jack looked around. "Sides, this is a carnival, not some warground." Jack smirked as he began walking off, ending his conversation suddenly.

---
Neal
---
Neal watched in curiosity as a girl approached he kid and the dog. He listened carefully to the conversation with his above-average hearing. Yeah, they knew he was following them. How annoying. Then there was the one couple following them. Guess it was pretty obvious. Neal sighed as he leaned against a carnival booth and watched.

The wind had picked up even more and Neal was having to hold on to the hood of his sweatshirt as tight as he could. Annoying wind wanting to knock down his annoying hood to show his annoying cat ears. Neal forced himself to continue following the couple.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:49 am

Riley was suddenly faced with indecision

The two they were pursuing were getting away, damnit! And the boy, the shapeshifter-he...Riley couldn't believe it. There was another. One like him. Riley watched him closely-if...if he was...do you know what you are, boy? Do you know that one of us is bound to kill the other? It's simple destiny. We know the Ways. We're mortal only to each other. I shall do you the courtesy of bringing you back to the Mojave first, and breaking you on your own home-

"Riley! Riley! This way!" Chloe tugged at his hand, but Riley refused to budge. Chloe was strong, bound with lithe grace and toned muscle, but Riley was far more powerful. In a measure of raw strength, there was no argument as to who would win. "What? What is it? I think I see Caden-"

Ah, of course.

"Chlo, that boy! I think...he's...he's like me." Riley didn't dare say what he truly was, not with this many people around. They didn't speak of his condition, because his condition was not like the others. Riley, you must understand, was not a meta-human. Riley was something else entirely.

And if he was correct, so was that boy that just turned back, from the dog.

Chloe immediately understood his dilemma-Caden, and potentially, money and...well...stability, lay in one direction. But to let the boy escape would be a very, very dangerous risk: if he was what Riley feared (and there were very, very few things that scared Riley in this world), then...

"Damn it all!" Riley hissed, startling a few people around him. One woman began to say something, shielding her young son, but she caught the look in Riley's eye and thought better of it. In fact, when she locked eyes with Riley, it was as if her willpower just crumpled, like she would've taken her boy and used him as a shield just to put something between herself and the strange Navajo boy, trembling with anger. Riley felt a twinge of regret, but it was subconscious-far more pressing matters than teaching a toddler a curse word.

"We can hunt the boy another day. We'll lose Caden's scent if we linger."

"We'll lose the boy's scent, too."

Crucial seconds passed. Riley and Chloe made eye contact, and Riley made his choice. Leaving the boy to his own machinations could mean very, very dire consequences for Riley-and yet letting Caden get away would mean dire consequences for darling Chlo.

The indecision ended. Riley's grip on Chloe's hand tightened and he attempted a smile, but it didn't really come out well. More of a grimace. "Let's go find Caden. He's not slipping away this time. The boy can wait."

Chloe watched him for a moment, her unspoken gesture saying everything: Are you sure? Riley nodded, and the two began to run through the crowd, making no attempt at being unseen-they'd lost too much time debating which choice would damn them the least. Chloe pushed one woman out of her way with no hesitation, keeping her eyes locked on Caden and the two with him-the same ones from earlier-what does he want with them?. Riley stopped and enacted a bit of whiplash on Chloe, for which he quickly apologized.

"Sorry, but we need to stop. There's someone else there-I can smell him. Invisible."

"Invisibility? I'll light his ass on fire, we'll see how well-hidden he is then."

"No, wait. Looks like a storm's brewing, eh?" Riley and Chloe weren't exactly out of sight (although they were out of sight from Hugh and Samuel, a choice which gnawed at Riley, even with the pressing matters at hand. You may pay dearly for this, Riley. Letting that boy walk away might mean a far longer stay in Black Falls than you intended.), but they had the advantage of a crowd moving around them and a decent awareness of where Caden was. He'd tucked into an alleyway, and although Riley couldn't make out his conversation from here, both Riley and Chloe had a feeling it regarded metahumans. Caden likely wouldn't take kindly to their following him, but Chloe thought of it as a testament to their skill. Not that there seemed to be anywhere else in this town to go but this lame-ass carnival.

Someone came running up to Caden and the two others (and their invisible friend), panting and-oh CENSORED. Riley and Chloe didn't need to communicate, both assessing the situation. Caden drew and fired, metaphorically speaking, launching some kind of darkness at the newcomer-who promptly covered himself in diamonds. Interesting flight-or-fight mechanism, Chloe supposed. Behind Caden, the invisible one began to draw up sand and glass around him, readying to strike. Invisibility AND you get to repair windows without paying for a repairman? That's just unfair!

Unfortunately, the four-to-one odds that Jack expressed were quickly evened. Chloe and Riley walked closer, hands breaking apart. Chloe's hand reached into her shirt, gripping the pistol tightly-the other curled into a fist, which flickered gently with a faint light. Her hair began to shimmer and burn, dancing from orange to yellow to deep red to violet, and her tanned, Greek skin pulsated softly, casting a glow on the alley around her. The eyes, of course, matched her hair's progression, and the faint smell of smoke came with her. Riley had no such dramatic entrance, but rather reached up and let his hair down, which swayed a bit in the breeze caused by Chloe. He tucked his hands into his pockets and stared down the various members of the alleyway.

"Did you miss us?" Chloe asked, her voice thick with obviously fake sweetness. "Your friends Angela and...oh, I don't even remember what the hell his alias was. Sandman, drop it. Raise one more grain of dust up off that alleyway and you'll be wishing you had some bulletproof glass with you."

"Likewise." Riley placed a single hand on Jaylen's shoulder, pressing softly. Even through the diamonds, Jaylen would feel an incredible tension, as if the Navajo boy could've broken off his arm and thrown it aside with hardly a second glance. Riley's eyes burned green: not as dramatically as Chloe, but there was something ugly and primal about them, something that said looking into them would be terrible, so very terrible. "Caden, we can't leave you alone for five minutes, can we? Sorry our last bout of negotiations went so poorly. Seems we're crashing this one as well. Provided we don't have to kill anyone-"

"Which, for all of you fuckers that aren't Caden, we have no problems doing," Chloe added curtly.

"-we'd love to have a nice little chat. As a gesture of good faith,"

Chloe made a coughing, choking noise similar to struggling to keep down a laugh. They seemed very relaxed for doling out death threats and barging in, guns literally blazing, if Chloe heated up anymore-it was as if they either didn't consider death or harm a possibility, or thought they could weather whatever this group threw at them.

"Well, our approximation of good faith, we'll keep these two from harassing you, if needed. You have our word." Riley once again met Nick's eyes, and imparted a brief message. Sorry about this happening. Again. I don't know what capabilities you and your friend have, but we mean you no harm. Best to leave if things get violent, we don't want collateral damage.

-----------

Quote :
Jack watched as everyone started to leave. He looked at the two girls, "I think Faith and Nick will be fine. Four people against one dude?" He smirked. No use using Rosemary without anyone to embarrass. "not like I could do much physical damage anyways." Some mental scarring, maybe. A big maybe. Jack looked around. "Sides, this is a carnival, not some warground." Jack smirked as he began walking off, ending his conversation suddenly.

Nastasha smiled. "I bet it looks like a warground when the Fourth of July comes around." Was that funny? Stop making jokes, you REALLY aren't good at-agh, awkward silence! Oh, he's walking away, WOW that really wasn't funny, then.

Nastasha looked to her sister, and Amanda shrugged. "Not like we have any other plans lined up. I got a feeling our new friend Caden Zorich won't be coming back around to hang out with us anytime soon." Of course, if he does come back around and tries anything with Sasha, I'll show him what I think of his 'superiority'. Oh, damn, Amanda, she's already run off. Better catch up before she starts panicking. Amanda lazily strolled through the crowd, not too concerned with when or how she caught up to her sister-it was easy enough to see her backpack, and it's not like they'd get too separated. 'Sides, if they got really separated, they had a pretty easy means of communicating.

"Hey! Hold on a sec!" Nastasha said, going after Jack. "Um, sorry to bother you and all, but we're kinda new here and didn't know if you could point us in the direction of a hotel or a good restaurant or something. Uh, sorry if you're going on your way somewhere, just...a little rattled after seeing a metahuman up close, I suppose." Nastasha tried to add a hint to her voice, that perhaps this wasn't the first time she saw a metahuman up close, perhaps she saw a metahuman up close each time she looked in the mirror, but didn't want it to be blatant if Jack wasn't one. She had a gut feeling, however. And those gut instincts were usually right. Usually. Nastasha turned around, looking for her sister, who was still standing where she'd left her, looking off into the distance. Slowly, she keyed in to the fact they'd left and began making her way over. I swear...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Jack
----
Jack smirked as he turned around to face Natasha. "Honestly I'm new here too. Only been here for a couple of hours, in fact. I ran into my step sister on a walk and she was with those guys." Jack's smirk grew when Natasha mentioned seeing a metahuman. He was wondering if she had noticed his eyes, yet. He had red contacts in, as usual, and normally people quickly knew he was meta human because of that. Jack just liked tricking people to believe that was his actual eyecolor.

"The way your sister was talking to Caden was as if she wasn't surprised there are metahumans. So are you ones too?" He kept the smirk on his face, as always. Might as well cut to the chase with the question the girl was trying to dance around when asking him.

---
Faith
---
Faith felt her spirit drain as the two people from earlier approached. Great, now she was never going to find out about what Caden had to say about meta humans. At least they were trying to stop the fight, so that was a good thin. That or they were just trying to change the odds of the fight and the reason for fighting. Aaaaand they still wanted to talk to Caden.

Faith wasn't sure what type of wave of stupidity overcame her- she believed it was from hanging around Jack too much and also a sudden burst of confidence- but she stepped between Caden and the two people. "I... um.... want to find out about what he has to say. Please let him finish our conversation before you take him. You don't have anywhere to go at the moment, do you?" She was dead. So, so, so dead.

---
Neal
---
Neal watched the couple run off and he almost lost sight of them. That proves it- he was not good at stalking. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Porbably good. Neal got closer to see what had happened. Wait, meta humans? He didn't know if this were good or another annoying turn of events. Why did he have a feeling it was going to turn out bad if he stepped into the confrontation? He found an annoying curiosity growing in his mind as he wondered about... everyone in the area.

They were all meta humans, so potential people to hang out with. If he were to reveal his meta human status now it won't turn out that pretty. They might want him to pick sides and that wouldn't be good. Neal climbed onto a fence and sat there, quietly watching. He was still having to keep a tight grip on his hood as the wind continued to blow. How annoying.....
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:53 pm

In a nearby alley, watching the scene that was playing out, sat a blond-haired teenaged boy dressed in all leather. His intense, angry-looking eyes watched the scene from afar, scanning every detail to figure out what was going to happen next. From his jacket pocket Damien drew his cell phone, and he dialed Warpig's number.

"What?" The angry hog-man at the other end of the phone yelled when he picked up.

"Hey boss, this Caden guy you were telling me about," Damien began "You said he had brown dreadlocks and did some shadow power, right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Because I think he's about to get his ass kicked at the carnival. I'm going in." He hung up, knowing that Warpig and whatever was left of the gang would soon arrive to help Caden out. The guy gave Damien a creepy feeling, but the boss said they'd protect Caden, so he was obligated to. That was the terrible reality of being in a gang; you always had to obey orders. In the military, not obeying orders could get you arrested or sent to jail. Not obeying orders in the Skulls meant death. Damien sighed, and then began to walk over to the group. He could meditate on the Hell of being in the most dangerous gang in the country later.

He arrived just as Riley grabbed Jaylen. Jay tried to pull away at first, but then resorted to making the crystals under Riley's hand as sharp as he could in an attempt to dissuade the assassin from holding on. Damien could tell that, though he was putting on a tough show, Jaylen was very scared. Damien looked at the two hitmen, and performed his trademark pre-fight chuckle.

"So, let me get this straight," Damien said, cracking his knuckles "you walk up to a group of meta humans with a pistol and, what, your swagger?" Damien rose his hands into the air, and from a nearby food truck came three knives. Two placed themselves at the throat of both hitmen, and one began to orbit Damien. If the girl fired at him, the knife would put itself in the way and deflect the bullet.

"It's like this kids." Damien began, walking into the middle of the circle, equidistant from the two killers "You're going to take every weapon you have, place it on the ground, and then back away. If you don't I will slit your throats and leave your corpses in the sun to rot." At this time, the people nearby started to realize that something was going very wrong. Many began to run away, and one or two called 911. Damien felt perfectly confident in his odds against the killers. Neither could move, and the knives were controlled directly, so it would be near impossible for them to grab the blades without getting killed in the process.

"Now are you going to do it or what?" Damien yelled, making the knives press slightly harder against their skin "I don't have all day and I'm getting bored".
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm

"We have no intentions of taking Caden anywhere. Just like you, we just want to talk." Riley tried his best for a smile, but given the circumstances it was difficult to manage. Still, it seemed genuine, not a for-show grin.

The grin quickly dissipated when Damien approached. Riley heard his footsteps coming closer and then felt the presence of a knife at his throat-which, of course, was not the first time this had happened, but the experience hadn't grown on him with time. Riley struggled not to smirk-there's only thing you could do to that knife that could make it kill me. Hope you can figure it out in the next ten seconds.

"I don't know who taught you to handle crisis situations, but they did a very poor job, boy." Riley spoke, closing his eyes and lifting his hand off of Jaylen as was requested. The boy had flinched, made the diamonds under his skin razor-sharp, but none had punctured Riley's skin. It was merely uncomfortable. Riley turned his eyes to Chloe, who was grinning wildly, her eyes and hair dancing vibrantly now, her skin shimmering, as if the northern lights were trapped just beneath her flesh, trying to burn their way out. At the center of her breastplate was a faint pinpoint of brilliant, golden light, but it was likely unnoticed in the commotion.

"Darling, this might hurt a bit."

"Just kick his ass up between his ears if he gets me."

"Love you too."

Then they struck.

Riley was suddenly gone, vanished from the air and the knife hung aimlessly a few feet off the ground. In his place was a small bird, a falcon, that fell to the ground for half a second before spinning and writhing into a huge, entirely-out-of-place-in-a-Pennsylvanian-carnival beast. The North American grizzly bear, covered in fur and teeth baring, with burning red eyes that were unmistakably Riley's. And should Damien, or any other person present, have had the misfortune of looking into those eyes, they would have quite immediately regretted it. They would've begun to feel their feet give way beneath them, then every hair on their body stand on end, followed by the colors of the world greying out, they would've felt an urge to throw themselves off the nearest bridge or tear open the arteries of their arms and necks in an attempt just to make that godawful despair go away, if even for a second.

But there was no time for staring contests. Not today. Chloe pushed herself upwards, hopefully putting the knife at collarbone level before the boy behind them could react-and then she ignited. While jumping, someone might've noticed Chloe moved very gracefully, jumping with ease and floating down rather slowly, but even more noticeable was what happened to her whole from. Chloe quickly became wreathed in fire, her hair exploding into a mane of golden fire one moment, purple flames the next. She rolled in the air and landed, drawing the pistol up and pointing it back at Damien. She fired twice, and each time the muzzle belched out a small burst of flames, far more than was normal for regular gunshots. The air around her crackled and heated up rapidly, and her skin pulsated a brilliant light, now, almost painful to look at. She moved backwards, pressing herself against Caden to be sure of where he was, and she leveled the pistol towards Jaylen, her free hand (which began to flicker with radiant fire) towards Charles. "'K, fuckers. I really don't want to kill you, but I need to talk with this man. So keep your asses still and we won't have any problems." Somewhere, faintly around Chloe, there was the sound of music. It was some kind of symphonic melody, orchestral and brilliant, but it was also distant, like an echo. Hard to place.

Riley, meanwhile, burst towards Damien-and the sight of a grizzly bear, coupled with the sound of gunshots, really sent people into an uproar. The grizzly bear jumped, as if to pounce, and melted once again, coming down as a rattlesnake, coiled and ready to strike. It placed its fangs an inch from Damien's leg, rattle shaking violently. It stared him down, then, rather freakishly, its mouth shifted into a very small version of Riley's, just long enough to spit out, "Get the f*ck out," before the venom-tipped fangs were back. The thickly muscled serpent tensed, ready to bite if he moved another of those knives towards Chloe. Likewise, she kept an eye on Damien as best she could with Diamond-boy and Sandman near her, ready to put one center-mass if he tried to stab Riley. It was so sweet how they killed people together like that.

---

"Are we metahumans? What sort of a question..." Nastasha noticed the boy's eyes. Red. Huh. How had she missed that before? Nastasha quickly averted her gaze, in case there were some nasty side effects associated with them, but she now altered her answer. "...okay. Yeah. We are. Heard this town had a pretty good metahuman population going, thought we might be able to find some answers. Or, hell, somebody to talk to. Me and my sister."

Amanda, around this time, finally made her way over to the conversation, and yawned. "I could use a nap." she muttered, scanning her surroundings for a conveniently placed bed or maybe even a couch. Sadly, there were none. She could always buy another bus ticket and...

"So, uh, what can you do?" she asked, glancing back at his eyes. Wait, what if it was just different looking eyes? That would really suck. It had to be something cooler than that. Right?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 pm

The floating knife flew into action, and deflected one of the bullets that Chloe had fired. The second whizzed just past Damien's face, dangerously close. The knife at Chloe's throat hacked downwards at her collarbone, which would hopefully cool her down a bit. The knife at Riley's throat hacked downwards when he turned into a bear, burrowing itself in the bear's right shoulder. Then he turned into a rattlesnake, and Damien thought nothing but What the Hell is going on? The snake lunged at him, and Damien's right forearm stretched and morphed into a massive, razor-sharp blade, which he slashed blindly at the snake. It better have very good reflexes to avoid getting turned into rattlesnake soup. This fight seemed to turn into a battle of total randomness. He ignored Chloe completely. He seriously doubted she could fight with a knife shoved through her collarbone.

"I told you to drop your f*cking guns!" Damien yelled. Jaylen meanwhile jumped out of the way of the massive bear and stepped away from the maelstrom that was forming in front of him.

"Um, I think we should probably get out of here and let knife boy kill everybody." Jaylen said to Charles "If we don't get out of here, we may get turned into sushi. Once more, Jaylen's comfort around meta humans was evident. The knife-man standing in front of him didn't phase Jaylen in the least.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:09 pm

Faith was watching everything fold out in complete shock. The carnival had become a war zone in a matter of seconds. She turned to face Chloe, whose hair was on fire in a literal sense. She then looked at Riley, who had transformed into a rattlesnake and was going to bite some guy who had come up an threatened the duo with knifes. This was all too much. She didnt want anyone to get hurt.

"How about everyone stops fighting right now?!" She screamed, surprising herself. Anyone who had cell phones in the current group of metas would have their cell phones' ringtones going off, now. Faith had for an instant lost control of her power. She quickly let all the ringtones switch off. "Um... S-sorry," she said, her voice now back to a normal quiet tone. Idiot. She was such an idiot.

---
Neal
---
Neal was now standing on the fence in amazement. All of the people there were meta humans, like him. But what amazed him the most was the shap shifter and the girl with fre for hair. He jumped down from the fence and took a few steps closer to the group, not even realizing he was doin the action until he was right beside Charles and Jaylen. He kept a tight fist around his hood's rim still, his knuckles turning paler then his normal skin color due to the action. Neal stood there quietly and watched, still not noticing he was practically in the group. The commotion was annoying, but his disbelief was overpowering his annoyance.  

---
Jack
---
Jack's smirk grew into a large grin when the question was asked. "What can I do?"  He leaned against a carnival booth. "My power involves trickery. Illusions, mostly. It's more complicated then just that, though.  I make illusions based on people's feelings. If I want someone to see an illusion that makes them scared and they are afraid of spiders, they see a spider. I can't control what they see though- it all depends on what makes them feel the emotion I want them to feel."  Jack had surprised himself when he told the truth about his power. He didnt lie for some reason. He shrugged as his grin returned to a smirk. "So what exactly is your power?"
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Amidst the adrenaline rushing, Chloe hadn't noticed the knife sticking out of her collarbone. This was not an uncommon phenomena, of course, but eventually the dizzy-chaos of combat slowed enough for her to figure out what was sticking into the bottom of her peripheral vision and-

"Aw, sh*t." Chloe reached up and, with a grunt and a bit of effort, ripped the knife out of her flesh ((which, for the record, is what you are NOT supposed to do. If you ever get into a supernatural mugging, don't do this)) This prompted several very vulgar profanities which would undoubtedly be blocked by this forum's censor, and then something curious happened. Instead of blood, crimson and slimy, gushing out of the wound, liquid fire spewed forth. It was a small geyser of violent flame for a second or two until the wound cauterized itself, albeit leaving Chloe a bit shaken and perhaps...dimmer? It was hard to gauge her expression given the fact her face was surrounded by a writhing, roaring mane of fire. Such is life as a teenager in Black Falls. "Hope you got something better than that." she snarled at Damien, although she was more preoccupied with Jaylen talking to Charles. "Yes. GOOD IDEA. You two, hell, you four, get your asses out of here. Pleasant meeting you all." she muttered, staying wary in case they attempted something underhanded. Which, really, would be merited in this situation, and it wasn't like Riley and Chloe were above cheap shots, for that matter.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the alley/in the middle of the carnival lane, Riley and Damien were duking it out. The knife plunged into the bear's shoulder, curiously, had the same effect you would expect from a well-thrown haymaker, but didn't seem to puncture the skin. It knocked him off-course for a second, but Riley quickly righted himself and kept going. The boy's blade-arm did catch Riley off-guard, as he'd been expecting another knife from above. Once again, the blade failed to break the skin: it merely had the effect of being slapped, and sent the snake flying a little ways. Rattlesnakes are, as it would turn out, surprisingly heavy, and the blow didn't send him too far: mostly because as soon as he caught air, Riley's instincts took over and the snake was gone, replaced by a peregrine falcon that fluttered up a foot or two then came tearing down at Damien's eyes. If he could make contact with the boy, he could merely shift into a spirit bear and crush him with sheer weight, which wouldn't be the most badass or graceful way to stop him, but would work nonetheless. Riley normally tried to avoid killing if necessary, but he held a knife to Chloe's throat. If he was killed, the world would not suffer any great loss.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Caden

Now, this is getting annoying. Caden scowled as more and more people came over to him. It was already irritating enough to have that idiot boy who, turned into diamonds, interrupt. Now, those two suspicious people had approached them and are ruining all the good things he had going on here. Now some maniac is getting. This had peaked Caden's anger. He gritted his teeth as he just stood there while everything was going on. The darkness from everyone around him empowered him to god-like levels. He could tear every one of them to pieces if he wanted to... His skin was covered in a black-liquid, which looked a bit similar to metal. Eventually his entire body turned into this. Giving him an insanely horrific and macabre look. Like a demon that people make movies about. He growled loudly, as he looked around. The darkness pooled at his feet, covered the area around him. Wrapping around everything that isn't alive. Suddenly, the darkness tightened around every single last object that isn't human. Causing immense damage to what's around him. Cracks in the floor he was standing on and the walls at his sides, formed. The fence was destroyed. Everything around him was breaking as anger consumed the shadow-child. However, he released his shadow grip on everything around him. The darkness had faded away and, Caden sighed. Caden had momentarily lost control of himself, again. Which was a bad thing, as he needed apathy to be at full strength.  

His time here was over. The police would be here soon (And he had a hunch that the Watcher is en-route as well). "Well, now. I believe that my time here is over... Interrupted again by foolish people who are on a steady road to death.... I really believe that I should retreat before I lose myself to the lust of darkness..." After the last words left his lips, he looked up at the tallest building in sight, and he teleported on top of it. Every bit of his darkness form was taken apart here, and put at the top of that building. Then he looked down, and teleported to the other side of the island. Away from the chaos..

For now, he was going to report to his lieutenant, May, before he goes out again.

Charles

Charles's song:

What the hell is going on? Charles thought to himself frantically. He was certainly frightened right now. People were coming out of the blue to support Caden, and even attack him--- And Charles didn't want a thing to do with it. These people were quite scary. Right now, Charles had himself a large amount of sand gathered from the Beach, and plenty of glass from the trash around them. He had formed them into five mini-sandstorms, whirling at his feet, with plenty of glass to give anyone foolish enough trouble. Then Riley turned into a mother-f*cking bear, Charles would be amazed if these people weren't going to kill him. That Chloe chick pulled out a gun (Which made him freeze like a Deer in headlights), then went through her own transformation. They're Meta-humans! He thought to himself. For a moment, he thought that if he wasn't in mortal danger, he would totally take their powers and add them to his collection. That would have to come later. With so many revelations of people's Meta-human statuses, he could collect the powers of his friends for himself. His phone started going off, which was certainly the result of Faith, as she started yelling when it happened. Yeah, he wanted this violence to end, but, this wasn't their fight.

The only thing that mattered right now was leaving. Caden, his goons, and this knife throwing maniac, can all go f*ck themselves in jail. Charles looked at Jaylen and said nothing. Leaving was the first thing on his mind, and it was even encouraged by Chloe. Which means that she no longer wants to shoot at them. Charles nodded to Chloe, before saying to her in the kindest tone he can, "I hope I never see you again." Before he looked around frantically. Everyone here was caught in the cross-fire of Caden's fight. "Everyone, run!" Charles shouted at the top of his lungs. Before throwing the sand (and glass) he was controlling up in front of him. Creating a cloud of sand, which would provide everyone with enough cover to escape. The glass immediately fell, and littered the cracked ground, under the sand cloud. If they weren't in the alley, they had the option of leaving through another exit.

After his cover was made, Charles ran away, as fast as he can in the opposite direction. He was built like a runner and it showed. He was pretty fast. However, bursts of speed can really drain a person. Fortunately, he was out of the alleyway, almost out of danger. He ran a bit more to the side, and knelt forward. Panting heavily. "What the flying f*ck... Why...? I just wanted to... F*ck..." That didn't come out right, but he didn't care. He was scared shitless, and there was a battle going on. He's the least bit concerned about what he says right.

For a moment, Charles wondered what happened to his friends. Hopefully they were smart enough to run away. Whether they went through the sand cloud or just ran somewhere else. He had quickly caught his breath and looked around. He was in the famous part of Black Fall known as the Nightlife Aisle. A part of the town that comes alive at night--- Since it is morning, the place is dead. It was barely two steps away from the carnival. He didn't stop now, he started dragging his feet as he walked away from the place. He needs to find a place to chill... He wondered if the Roller-rink that Tally hangs around is open right now. It was the only place he could think of going. Even if he thinks Tally is a sociopath, she's a f*cking angel compared to those people. After he feels safe, he'll call her.

What was most interesting of all was that Caden left.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"W-well, D.O.G. is a very s-smart dog. It's n-not hard to s-sneak him past. I c-can't stop to t-tell you the details."

Your "dog" being smart has nothing to do with getting it past security. Dummy. Do you want me to be suspicious? Tally thinks to herself with a fake smile on her face. The boy wasn't even trying to hide the truth behind his "Dog". Even if Tally didn't have telepathy, she would have seen straight through it. She started laughing as he spoke, seemingly ignoring everything he said. Though, she was "hearing" their exact thoughts, knowing what they were saying in addition to what they were hearing. The wind picked up, making Tally grab on to her sneakers, making her lose focus. Hugh and his "dog" quickly left. Just so she can get a good laugh, she let them get a bit away from her. Her telepathy gave her the ability to constantly know people's exact position. All she had to do was focus on their, and boom; she knew where they were. They went into the shadows, their thoughts were fearful because they were almost discovered. Which was stupid since if they were really afraid to get discovered, the dog wouldn't have transformed. Apparently the Dog's nick-name is Glasswork. Tally slowly followed them, not getting too close, but not losing sight of them.

She had noticed that they ran through the other side of the alley. Tally had a small smirk on her face. This boy, was already in too deep. The fun was just about to begin. She quickly darted into the alleyway on Rollerskates, at high speed, slowing down when they were in sight. In a physical sense; the "dog" is gone, replaced with a small Korean child that had to be at least thirteen. The moment she tuned in on their sense of hearing, she altered what they would hear without them even knowing it. They would hear everything--- BUT the sound of Tally Roller skating up to them. Until they notice her. After doing her alterations, she quickly zoomed past them, getting in front of both of them. This moment she lifted her alteration to their hearing, they would hear her roller skates like they normally do. "Hiya, again!" She starts off with a false warm smile, speaking cheerfully, "Why'd you run off like that on a little cute girl like me...? Oh well, I'm Tally." She already knew that they were Meta-humans, all she has to do is get them to reveal that... Perhaps with a few subtle hints, "If people are following you; then why don't you beat them up...?" Tally says. Now, she nonchalantly dropped the motives behind Riley and Chloe, leaving out a few details, "They were only going after you because they thought you were with this guy named Caden... Any idea who that is?"

Ray & Sage (And Count Vicious)

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Nick nodded to Riley's message, and was about to use his power over magnetism to help put the knives away when Faith... Screamed. It was by far the loudest noise he had heard from her. He then realized not to get her angry, because that would probably mean he would die. Considering the fact that quiet people were always the most deadly. His cell phone also went off, he was about to reach down to see who was calling when it stopped. It must've been Faith. He looked around as the fight descended into chaos, and looked to Faith in a panic, before grabbing her hand and pulling her away. They needed to get out of the area and fast. He shot a look to Caden, who seemingly teleported away as he looked. He had more to ask, but the man was now gone.

Hopefully Riley and Chloe would cover them to allow them a way out. He looked to them to see if they had engaged Damien, only to see she had ripped what seemed to be a knife out of he collarbone. But that was half of the crazy. Her neck was spewing fire. Nick turned back around and let go of Faith's hand. "We need to get out of here before the CENSORED hits the fan even harder!" he said, using his powers to create a small magnetic forcefield around them for protection. He didn't want Damien sending a knife at them if he saw them escaping. The force field should protect them from that. He as he ran he looked back to search from Caden, but couldn't find him anywhere. He growled before breaking off into a run to get away from the area. Hopefully Faith would be following.

He wold need to find Caden again. The man could teach him a lot more than he would learn on his own for a long time. He would need to look for him. He would ask Faith if she knew his number. When she had set off the phone, she must've gotten SOME form of feedback from them. He hoped for the best to establish contact. Because he doubted he would find the shadow child on his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next