Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:13 am

"Alright, I want you to stay low to the ground, my powers only have a radius of about a mile, so once you go past that you will drop like a rock." Nick instructed, turning his body in the direction of the Three Wise Men. "So keep low, and try not to be spotted. A flying girl is not normal. I'll call you if I need you. Good luck!" Nick replied, before swinging his fist out in the direction he wanted to go and flying off.

When he wasn't far from the Three Wise Men, he decided to give himself his weight back slowly, and he began to decent to the ground at a steady pace. He didn't completely turn off his power though, as he didn't know if Faith was still in his radius yet, if she was, he didn't want to drop her. Of course, he did tell her to hover relatively close to the ground, but he wanted to play it safe. As he walked, he kept a close eye out for Caden. Hopefully the man would spot him and bring him to a better secluded part of the Three Wise Men. He didn't exactly come here often after all.

(Shitty post is shitty. Leave me alone.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 3:10 am

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, it was in the papers, but you probably don't remember it, since it wasn't headline news, and that was several years ago. People went into this concert hall and the place looked like a twister had gone through it. More accurately, one did." Hugh was basically saying he had created a tornado in the middle of a concert hall that wrecked the place. "I went there to practice my violin in the afternoons, I was really good friends with the people that maintained the place, so that's kind of why I haven't been discovered yet because of that."
"Yeah... I saw that in the news." Was the first thing that Tally said. Even though it was a lie, and she was just being herself. She leaned up against the wall, with her usual chilled, apathetic facial expression. This was one of the first times that Hugh really interested her. This power he spoke of... It sounded incredible. If he could make wind do all of that, then that really asserted her belief that he could be the heavy hitter of their group. If Tally could hammer out that cowardliness that Samuel brought up (If it's by any chance true). Well, that would come soon enough when the coming conflict arrives--- Tally just knew there was some sort of war brewing, just that one incident at the carnival was proof enough. "Sounds like your 'gift' is quite impressive... Think you can make a tornado--- Not a small one. Like one that could tear our lovely town to pieces?" This was once again a legitimate question, even though she spoke it in her usual taunting, nonchalant tone. She wasn't very concerned with the consequences of making a tornado like that. She literally couldn't care less. All she cared about was how dangerous that'd be to her enemies.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"I've been a musician for years, I've always wanted to play my violin in an orchestra, and I really value instruments, they can be really fragile and delicate. Sometimes they're not just really expensive, they're old, too." He recalled how he had once met a guy with a cello that was over a hundred years old, and thought about how the piano had been a fancy one, with ivory keys that you couldn't get anymore, since ivory trade was illegal now. The organ had been at the old concert hall since it had been built. A lot of the stuff that got destroyed had been extremely valuable. Even by his thoughts, it was clear that his true passion was music. He sighed, and shook his head, "All I can say is that unless I can control my powers better, I'm afraid that might happen again, and this time in some public place where I'll get caught."
"... And I couldn't have ever figured out that you loved music." Tally says in her usual tone. With a smile and rolls her eyes up into her head. Looking like a child. She once again wasn't very interested in hearing about his up and coming music career. It's obvious that he would need to control his powers to keep them a secret, or else he'll be a dead Meta-human very fast. She already had picked up on a few of his thoughts. Something about meeting a guy with a cello and rambling about destroyed instruments. This boy was either too passionate of music, or just strange. Aside from that one comment she said out loud, she kept the rest of her comments to herself.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, I was just asleep in bed when I discovered my powers. Have you ever wondered what it was like to be dissolved into a pool of acid? That's kind of what it felt like when they first started working. I woke up and my legs were stinging and burning. I pulled the covers off of my legs, and they were just melting into this glassy stuff. Of course, I didn't know what was happening, so I screamed for my parents. All of a sudden my legs just snapped back to their regular appearance, and my mom and dad came in. I told them about it, and they blamed it on a really realistic nightmare. They went back to sleep, and there were several more false alarms in the middle of the night. Every time I tried to fall asleep, my legs would just melt, and each time I did that, more of me wound up turning into goo. That kept happening until finally I was entirely turned into a little blob thing." He looked upset now, "I know I didn't get hurt by it, but that was really scary."
"Interesting." Tally causally says. So, from the way Tally saw it, Samuel was just sleeping one night and just so happened to discover that he's a blob. That requires more... exploring. Tally thought to herself. She had several questions. Like how he figured out how to shape-shift into--- Which was a pretty stupid question, now that she thinks about it. Probably figured out the applications to his powers the same way she did; through extensive exploration of her own abilities. The time is now for Tally to share her own story for how she discovered her powers. Unlike them, she was going to try to keep this nice and sweet--- Without pointless exposition. Tally sighed and stood straight up off from the wall, she took a few steps towards the pair, so that she can hear their thoughts a little better.

She stood a few feet away from them and prepared herself for a little speech. "So... I don't think I told you this, Hugh, but I'm a Telepath." She just nonchalantly says, even though she was basically violating their personal space the whole time she was around them. That wasn't too much of a big deal, barely anything is. "I can hear thoughts of people around... Can't really turn it off. And that was how I discovered it. One day I woke up, and could hear thoughts of people around me. Took me a little while to figure out what exactly I could do, and once I did... I loved it." As she spoke, a smile crept on her face. Tally really did enjoy the concept of reading minds. No one could ever keep a secret from her, or even lie to her. There was little knowledge out of her grasp. "My powers grew much stronger, as years went by... Until the point where I could hear the thoughts of everyone in three miles... Then it got really, really painful. Like a total overload of information... Thankfully, by then, I figured out a way to suppress it. Which is why I wear these!" Tally pointed at the earbuds constantly blasting music through her iPod.

Tally awaited their reactions.

Sage

The Real Shade wrote:
"Ah, I'll pay for that. Forgive her. And your opinion on Caden is interesting. We ran into him earlier but didn't get much of a chance to talk with him. Merely..." Riley frowned, thinking of how to best phrase it. "I have a feeling he is quite powerful, and not to be trusted. Granted, the same could be said of myself, or even of you..." Riley glanced at Emily. "Or perhaps yourself, Miss Emily. If you've encountered him, I'd be interested to hear your take on him."

Sage nonchalantly nodded. It would have showed off it's powers, but it was very careful with them. It wouldn't go Angel just to show them what it can really do. One, because it'd be noticeable as hell--- And will continue to be. And two; it only went Angel when it's truly necessary, which isn't now. It could probably use it's light powers now, but they don't need convincing. Now, Sage just felt like talking a bit more about Caden, "No one should every trust Caden, at all. He's a socio. He is also quite powerful, I fought him before... He doesn't hold back..." This will either come back to bite me in the ass, or take him off my hands for good... Sage thought to itself as it thought about how to tell them about Caden's biggest weakest. Which it had found out during one of their battles that took place far away from Black Fall, away from everyone else. He was fairly weak and was easily dispatched by Sage--- Who needs no one to supply it with strength. With that it's hair started slowly flickering a dim white light. Before it completely disappeared. It choose not to tell them anything just yet. It wanted to hear much more about their intentions before they start planning his demise. "So, what do you want with that guy anyway...? Oh, if that's not too much to ask..." Sage quickly adds on.

Veriska wrote:
"I already knew you were and angel." With that she giggled.

Then Sage remembered that small hint that it dropped to Emily about it's powers. As saying that you're an angel could have several means--- Most people wouldn't expect the literal meaning, however. It quietly giggled in response to Emily too. Not saying a single word.

Veriska wrote:
"I hadn't even heard of him before now."

When Emily spoke, Sage frowned. There was one thing on it's mind when she said this. It spoke in a stern and dead-serious tone, "Good. You don't want to know him. He's venom." It wanted to warn Emily the best way it could. In the silence that followed, Sage looked around. It still saw the guy with the hoodie watching them, just he was minutes ago. It was rather unnerving being watched like that. Mostly because it was just being watched by that weird guy with a hook--- Oh hell! The thought formed in the back of it's head as it's eyes widened. The statue that got knocked over, that guy could still around. At this moment, it started getting paranoid... That guy could easily be around here somewhere. Neal watching it didn't help the paranoia. "Um..." Sage said, trying to think of what to say. "Did any of you hear of that accident that happened a few minutes ago...? One of the statues just fell over. Just like that...." After speaking, Sage started lightly stroking it's hair with both hands.

Caden

All this waiting. So little done. The young child better not be playing me for a fool... I can and will hunt him and his friends down... Caden thought to himself as he appeared to be very annoyed up here on the bridge. It has been several minutes and, no Nick. Nor any Skulls, they were such a disappointment. Nothing infuriated him more than waiting for someone who won't even show up. Or worse, he could have been bringing the police or those mercenaries that thirst for Caden's blood. Either of them won't be bothersome for the immensely powerful Caden, however. He has committed no crimes during his stay here, therefore there's nothing they can get him for. The latter would be easily dispatched. Darkness coursed through his veins, under his hoodie, no one would notice it however. A black liquid traveled through him, and, it abruptly stopped. That frown and angered look turned into a devious smirk. The darkness faded away upon seeing exactly what he wanted. From the corner of his eye, he saw Nick. Just scrolling about the bridge. Caden quickly went into action, he stood straight up and walked over to Nick. However, he wasn't going for the upfront approach. Caden maneuvered through the crowds until he was behind Nick, who was to his left.

Caden put his left hand on Nick's shoulder and smiled like a maniac. He spoke in his usual calm and charming tone, "Oh goodie, you have arrived. Shall we get started? There's so much more that we can implore."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Tally's predicament regarding the sensitivity of hearing thoughts made Hugh's mind work around what complications could be involved. The closest thing he could compare it to for reference was when his uncle mentioned how he got a fancy hearing aid that could drown out or focus on certain kinds of noise. He had told his nephew about how he had once walked into a crowded diner with the wrong setting on the hearing aid, and how it focused on all the conversations people were having. From what his uncle had said, it gave him a splitting headache, and he had to leave because it hurt so badly. The reason what Tally said made Hugh remember it was because his uncle had compared the whole ordeal to what it was like to be a telepath with inability to control their powers, but he hadn't known such people existed. Of course, it was probably far worse with thoughts, especially in a three-mile radius. Admittedly, people couldn't shut off their thought process and clear their mind that easily, if it was even possible in the first place. Of course, Tally was probably listening to what he was thinking right now. Hugh suddenly felt embarrassed all over again, he must sound like a complete weirdo or something, but then again, art and music students usually were a bit on the odd side. That, and it wasn't like he could actually stop thinking, thoughts weren't created with the intention to be heard, words were. It probably wasn't uncommon for people to be freaked out that someone could hear what was going on in their own little world. It sure made Hugh feel uneasy, but then again, he knew it wasn't exactly fair to Tally, either, considering she might go deaf in the future from the volume of her earphones.

He frowned, and then shrugged, "Well, I don't really see much of a point in talking, then." He said, simply completing his thought aloud. Might as well just think aloud, she'll hear what he thinks regardless if he says it or not. One thing was for certain, there was a lot of different powers you could get, and so far, it was completely random. Was there even a pattern to follow?

Samuel shrugged, "Well, as long as there's a way to make it bearable, it's beneficial." He personally thought fleetingly about the possibility of going deaf from listening to loud music, unaware Hugh had already pondered that. "Yeah...maybe we should talk about something else." He said, taking it that the prospect of going deaf would be very negative.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:09 am

((Late-ass reply. Sowwwwy))

Chloe walked between the greyed, mossy statues, ignoring their slightly eerie gaze. The ones she recognized weren't scary-but she only caught the big ones, like Jefferson and Lincoln and Washington. Even some of the more recent ones she was blurry on, and Chloe frowned. One day, I'll go back and finish. Get my GED. Riley can get his. Get a nice, normal job.

A bittersweet smile stretched her pink lips tight, and she kept walking, hands twitching and eager to strike at anything that might jump her. Years of being in their particular field had instilled an irreversible paranoia into Chloe, and it was second nature at this point. Her hypervigilance seeped into nearly every activity she did, now, and some part of her senses was always primed, looking out for some unknown, unseen threat. She kept her smoldering eyes on her shoes, which was a tactical error, but worth it. She had to cool off. Riley meant the best-that andro chick/guy must really have him scared shitless for him to act that way. Riley never laid his hands on her. Well, that's a poor choice of words. Riley never hit her, that was more accurate. A guilty grin tugged some of the melancholy expression off her face, and Chloe brushed some of her now-blonde hair back behind one of her ears. She was used to the aroma of smoke, by now, but she quickly ran her hands along her shirt and pants to make sure she hadn't burned a hole through them and not realized it. Good. And she hadn't ignited the rounds in her pistol, which could've been unfortunate. She recalled the last time she'd been shot with a wince and a burst of phantom pain. Rubbing her side, she turned and began walking back to Riley, feeling somewhat calmer. Still up for throwing down with that Emily CENSORED.

Riley, meanwhile, was busy playing the diplomat. At least, he was: his goal was to evade any questions with as slippery a response as he could manage, but there wasn't much wiggling around Sage's first inquiry. What did they want from Caden? Plain and simple, your Holiness. We're in deep with some bad people and got a lead he was a good man to see about getting some money. Riley tapped a moccasin against the ground, frowning slightly. Riley was still, perhaps incorrectly, perhaps not, laboring under the delusion that Sage was sent from on high; an agent of the Lord, put in Black Falls to stir up controversy or silence it, with the brutality he'd come to expect from the Old Testament deity. I'm not convinced of your merciful side, not yet. Give it a couple hundred years and maybe you'll start to win me over. As such, he found lying to the angel rather pointless, and was reluctantly willing to eschew his normal cover. "I'll be frank-we were looking for employment. Seems to the two us there are quite a few vying factions here in this city, ones who would be looking for a bit of, more or less, dumb muscle."

"He's the dumb part. I'm the muscle," Chloe muttered under her breath, having returned to Riley's side. She interlaced fingers with him. They met eyes, briefly, Chloe's expression softening. All good.

Sorry for earlier.

It's okay. Still gonna kick your ass later though.

"...essentially, we're in the way of knowing some CENSORED's about to hit the fan, and there's always work for people like us where there is. Naturally, I'd appreciate your confidentiality in this matter-" Riley directed this more towards Emily, and Chloe bristled up-the strangest feeling they were being watched came over her, but she dismissed it as her usual paranoia. Probably nothing. Probably. The Beretta felt cold against her skin. "-unless you two are hiring. I doubt the angel or young Miss Emily are in need of bodyguards or...security consultants or..." he glanced at Chloe, raising an eyebrow. Is there a nice way to say "murderers"?

Politicians? Chloe thought to herself, turning away.

"...something of a similar nature."

Riley looked over Sage's shoulder, seeing movement behind her. It was a subtle glance, perhaps wouldn't have even caught their eyes. Riley was encapsulated, however, by the way the breeze carried an empty garbage bag across the ground and then out of sight. He closed his eyes, clenching Chloe's fingers painfully tight for a few moments, then exhaled slowly. Focus.

Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:49 am

Nick tensed up greatly as he felt a hand touch his shoulder. It took a lot of will power not to spin around and grab the hand. He didn't exactly like people touching him unless he gave them permission to. Plus, he was here to meet Caden. He wouldnt have time for whoever wanted his attention. "I'm sorry sir, but I'm here to meet someone. I-" he turned around to face the person only to be looking up at Caden's massive but slim fram. Nick, being 5'7, Nick was dwarfed by Caden, who was well over six feet tall. Although, Nick probably had just as much mass to him, as he was not built as thin.

"...Caden!" Nick replied, backing off a foot and shaking his head. "Dont do that man! You know I'm edgy about people touching me..." He said, trailing off as a silent reminder that scaring him was probably not a good idea because of the fact that he had 'seizures'. "Please... just approach from the front... Sorry for taking a few minutes, I had to make sure Faith was on her way to her meeting at some Dunkin' Donuts with other metas." He explain, before crossing his arms across his chest. "Yes... let us proceed. I think both of us should find a more secure area. I dont know the Three Wise Men as well as I should." he said, dropping his arms back to his sides. "lead the way."
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 3:24 am

Sage wrote:
"No one should every trust Caden, at all. He's a socio. He is also quite powerful, I fought him before... He doesn't hold back..."
Being a sociopath is an advantageous trait. Emily didn't think that comment would settle well with Sage, so she kept it to herself. What it said next confused her. "Why would he hold back?" she asked clearly confused. Thinking back to the times she had fought, Emily rejected the idea considering it weakness. What could restraint accomplish? Nothing, unless its part of a clever tactic of course. She had cemented the idea that Sage was a pacifist by now.

Sage wrote:
"Good. You don't want to know him. He's venom."
With the way it talks about this Caden is there any chance it would accept me? The memories of conflict were still fresh in her mind. No... it wouldn't. Emily was going to try not to get too attached to Sage. She looked up at it and realized that it might already be too late.

Riley wrote:
"...essentially, we're in the way of knowing some CENSORED's about to hit the fan, and there's always work for people like us where there is. Naturally, I'd appreciate your confidentiality in this matter-"
Emily caught on that Riley was directing his words at her. She gave him her prettiest smile, but didn't say a word. It was obvious that these two were hitmen, she wondered how Sage was going to react. Then again it probably got that impression before now. Or maybe it knew them, after all Riley was shaky at the prospect of a fight. Why is he bringing it up? Surely they must realize that I don't need anyone to do my dirty work and Sage wouldn't consider paying to kill someone.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Jack sighed as te girls didn't reply. This conversation was getting boring. "Well, see ya," he smirked, waving bye as he began walking off yet again. He had to do something. A prank? Maybe some soccer practice at the park. Annoying and embarrassing Faith and her friend was fun.

Where were they, anyways? Oh yeah, they went with Caden and the rest wanted to try to be hero. Heh, how funny. The police sirens were really close. Jack quickly walked out of the carnival area.

---
Faith
---

Faith was smiling brightly a she landed at the Dunkin Donuts. She had followed Nick's instructions on staying close to te ground, but wow! Flying was fun. She could get used to it. Faith suddenly realized how awkward it was without Nick now there. It was strange, he had made her feel less nervous around people. Oh, well. Faith slowly walked into the Dunkin Donuts, looking around nervously before looking at her feet. She felt her face heat up. Great, time to be even more shy.

---
Neal
---
Neal frowned as he listened to the conversation. So the two were mercenaries, in a way? Neal tugged at his hoodie silently as he thought, these guys are idiots- asking for a job in murdering from two kids?! How annoying and stupid. What makes them think that some kids- meta humans or not- would agree?
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:57 am

Tally

Strange. Usually when people find out some Indian girl they just met has been invading the most personal part of them, their minds, they would be MUCH more uncomfortable. Tally thinks to herself as she listens to Hugh go on in his mind. He appeared to have been thinking about the comparison between herself and his Uncle. For reasons that are slowly coming to surface, she didn't make any comment about him rambling constantly. It was like she was getting used to it, and is likely going to be always expecting it. Which is a good thing, she didn't want to lose her cool and flip out on him. Tally only moved her eyes from left to right, examining the room. She was wondering when Charles and his friends would get here. They need to get things wrapped up here soon as possible. Then she causally pushed aside those thoughts when Hugh's thoughts centered around her hearing. Personally, she was unsure of why she hasn't gone deaf already. She has been keeping these ear-buds, blasting music, in her ears for a year now. It hurts from time to time, but nothing major.

ViperaUnion wrote:

He frowned, and then shrugged, "Well, I don't really see much of a point in talking, then." He said, simply completing his thought aloud. Might as well just think aloud, she'll hear what he thinks regardless if he says it or not. One thing was for certain, there was a lot of different powers you could get, and so far, it was completely random. Was there even a pattern to follow?

Samuel shrugged, "Well, as long as there's a way to make it bearable, it's beneficial." He personally thought fleetingly about the possibility of going deaf from listening to loud music, unaware Hugh had already pondered that. "Yeah...maybe we should talk about something else." He said, taking it that the prospect of going deaf would be very negative.
In this moment, Tally took a few steps backwards. Keeping her attention on the pair. She wasn't aggravated or anything, they brought up reasonable concerns. Her hearing. Something that she will deal with at some point. "Well..." Tally starts off, walking in between the pair. "It's either I blast music in my ears, or, I get so overloaded that I can't even focus enough to take two steps straight." She spoke with a strange smile, like she was filled with glee. In the face of a subject that really doesn't warrant a smile. But, before she went further, she decided to change the subject, since Samuel suggested it. To what, was the question. She has nearly exhausted everything she could discuss with them, without mulling over the same thing over and over again. Tally just decided to ask for a subject, standing there wouldn't get anything done. She spoke in her usual tone, "As for subject change, I dunno. What do you all want to talk about? Well, you can just think it just to save yourself some breath. Heh."

Caden

TheⓍperator wrote:
"...Caden!" Nick replied, backing off a foot and shaking his head. "Dont do that man! You know I'm edgy about people touching me..." He said, trailing off as a silent reminder that scaring him was probably not a good idea because of the fact that he had 'seizures'. "Please... just approach from the front... Sorry for taking a few minutes, I had to make sure Faith was on her way to her meeting at some Dunkin' Donuts with other metas." He explain, before crossing his arms across his chest. "Yes... let us proceed. I think both of us should find a more secure area. I dont know the Three Wise Men as well as I should." he said, dropping his arms back to his sides. "lead the way."
After Nick ceased talking, a small smirk crept on Caden's face. Everything was going as planned--- Except for the lack of response from the Skulls. That aggravated him. Worst of all, they're having a meeting and he doesn't have a clue where they're going. Perhaps he'll send May over there, she will serve his every whim without question. Or, he'll go there himself. He snapped back to the subject. "All is well, young child." Was the first thing that Caden said, in his usual calm, charming and nonchalant tone. He didn't concern himself with scaring Nick, given that he doesn't usually think about the consequences of his actions, or what other people may think. Now, he focused on Nick's suggestion of finding a more secure place on the bridge. There wasn't too much more reason to do that, especially because there were so many people here, that it wasn't necessary. The only thing he was worrying about was one of his many pursuers coming up and starting some sort of fight. He was confident that he was strong enough to crush them with little effort with this much darkness feeding him. An evil smile crept on his face. He was invincible. He started laughing, "No need to find somewhere anymore secure than this bench." He pointed at the bench he was previously sitting on moments ago, "With a crowd this massive; we're simply just silent and faceless to them..." Caden was getting the urge to smoke a cigarette, something he hasn't done in a little bit.

After he spoke, he reached into his hoodie and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter with one hand. He put the cigarette in between his lips and turned on the lighter. He lit the cigarette and put the lighter back in his pocket. During this, Caden's face went blank, neutral. After his cigarette was lit, he inhaled a puff of smoke. Before he looked up at Nick and started walking over to that bench, stopping to causally speaking to Nick, "What are you waiting for? Come with me, please." He resumed walking, and the moment that he was at the bench, he sat down on it. ((Assuming that Nick sits down)) The very first thing Caden did was clench the cigarette in between his index and middle finger and gathered his thoughts. There were so many amazing things he could tell Nick about Meta-humans--- But, spoiling it all in one sitting would be no fun. He needed to have Nick come back to him, and he decided to tell him about Bursts. The strongest of all Meta-human abilities (Well, it's only second to the will to win). "Now you must know something very, very important. You know how there's a biological block on humans, including us, that only allows them to use one-third of their potential muscle strength...? Haha! Something very similar applies to Meta-humans, and we call them Bursts. Bursts of extreme power, that should be used very wisely. To allow anyone, as weak as they may be, the strength to defeat even the strongest of all Meta-humans! It's also extra exciting seeing that even the strongest of Meta-humans can do them too... But, at a cost-- But, that's for another day, young child."

As the last words left his lips, Caden then stood straight up. "Now, I believe our time here is over. I can tell you much more, later. But, I must report to those under me. The usual business." Caden then slides his hands into his pocket and walked into the crowd of people. Using them as cover, he couldn't be seen or noticed by Nick. Caden dropped his cigarette to the ground, he then teleported away by taking apart his darkness body piece by piece. Then putting them together elsewhere. When the crowd cleared up a bit, he was gone. Without a trace.

The very first thing he would do is report to the Skulls, and punish them for their uselessness in this matter.

((Sorry, Operator, I just wanted to get this over with))

Sage

The Real Shade wrote:
I'll be frank-we were looking for employment. Seems to the two us there are quite a few vying factions here in this city, ones who would be looking for a bit of, more or less, dumb muscle."
Exactly. These people are just mercenary trash just out to look for a quick buck. Sage thought to itself, as it scowled. It wasn't surprised to hear these people's motives in looking for money. These people would do anything if they were promised money. A terrible lifestyle, but, it's probably not like they want to live like this. People don't want to live a life of taking orders to end lives. And Sage knew it. Which is why it didn't say a word.

The Real Shade wrote:
"...essentially, we're in the way of knowing some CENSORED's about to hit the fan, and there's always work for people like us where there is. Naturally, I'd appreciate your confidentiality in this matter-" Riley directed this more towards Emily, and Chloe bristled up-the strangest feeling they were being watched came over her, but she dismissed it as her usual paranoia. Probably nothing. Probably. The Beretta felt cold against her skin.  "-unless you two are hiring. I doubt the angel or young Miss Emily are in need of bodyguards or...security consultants or..."
Are you insane...? Offering two young people on the street mercenary work? I should... Sage thought to itself, as it felt conflicted. As much as it really didn't want to admit it, Riley was telling the truth. Things are going to get bad, especially with conflicts like this building up. And it knew that a war (Pretty much anything along those lines) would break out. Sage has found itself in one of these situations before, and it wasn't something it is proud of. There's plenty of fuel for this upcoming conflict--- They're all over Black Fall. Hiding in plain sight. All it takes is a spark, and all hell breaks lose. In that moment, the idea of having two vicious mercenaries on payroll didn't seem to be that bad. It has all the money they need to pay them, and it wouldn't get it's hands dirty... On the other hand, it had the idea that supporting these criminals wouldn't be the best of all choices. There were moral issues, among other issues. Sage found itself heavily conflicted on this matter. Hiring mercenaries like these... They would.... Sage thought to itself as it looked very stressed and started nervously stroking it's hair. Alright, I need to get back to step one. I don't think I need mercenaries, life is good--- It probably won't be for long, though. On the other hand, I can find these two when I need them the most--- And I have MORE than enough money to pay them, if I do... Alright... I know what I must do.

Sage closed it's eyes, as it's hair started flickering a white, dim light. Then it stopped the pointless bickering and came to a decision on this delicate matter. Sage spoke to them blankly and authoritatively, "... I could use people like you. Just... Not now. Where and how can I find you when I do? I can pay you plenty of money..." Even steal some more, if it came down to it. Sage thought to itself. Despite being an Angel, Sage wasn't above doing bad things if it came down to it. No point in upholding a morality that'd only hold you back. Which is why it's good if they thought that it was harmless. Sage was a Meta-human powerhouse, easily able to defeat other Meta-humans. It could easily contend with everyone present. Except, it choose not to fight around every corner. Not out of a pacifistic outlook: It simply felt that violence should only be used if there is no other way. Sage knew that the people around him certainly didn't share those views. They're all willing to kill for a quick buck. So, it was going to take advantage of that, by just paying them money to do what it choose not to.

In either case, Sage looked up at them, eyes burning with determination, awaiting a response.

Charles

The coffee's getting cold. Charles thought to himself as he just sat there. Waiting for Nick and Faith to show up so they can all have a nice conversation at Tally's place. He reached into his pockets and pulled out the broken silver locket. The very same locket that he has the power of Sand Manipulation stored. He curiously examined out, purely out of boredom. Then he diverted his attention to the building around him, if a fight breaks out. There's plenty of glass to use as a weapon and could easily wipe the floor with any opponent... But, people will be in the way, and there's no way in hell that he's going to get people in the cross-fire. Just like the (almost) fight with Caden, there were plenty of people around--- However, if he tries to scare them off with some flashy tricks.... He halted his own train of thought after he realized what he was thinking about. Great, now I'm thinking like some war-crazed maniac.... Charles thought to himself as he rolled his eyes up into his head and rested the locket on the table.

Charles then looked up to see a familiar face. Faith, just Faith, no Nick. She seems to be unharmed--- Which is good. The first thing that Charles did was wave his hand in the air, to get her attention, while saying, "Hey, Faith! I'm right here!"
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:09 am

Hugh & Samuel

Samuel's thoughts immediately flickered to Frillerfang, the urban legend that was for the most part restricted to fishermen. Although the prospect of believing such a thing existed, for once, the tabloids and the crazy anglers weren't just making up stories. Although it sometimes earned him looks of distaste and pity alike, he often went out after dark disguised as a stray hound. His disguise was made so that people wouldn't get too close to pet him, and would rather ignore his presence. It was a very realistic-looking mongrel that seemed to be a combination of a Border Collie and a Jack Russel Terrier. To make the form even more unimpressive, he had added another touch: A blind eye, and one leg mangled by scars. Although nothing about the one eye was blind, it looked blind, enough to fool any human observer. Because of this form, Samuel was able to watch some of the older fishermen, who didn't mind the company of a mutt while they fished. It was always the older anglers who didn't care about making trophies because they caught something particularly large. They just seemed a lot more forgiving, maybe because, despite how pitiful Samuel's form looked, they still saw him as a dog that was more likely to understand. They sometimes started talking to him as though he were an actual person, and most of the time, they talked about how they saw Frillerfang, and nobody believed them. At first, Samuel hadn't, either, until one time around midnight something undeniably strange, absolute proof, happened.

The one angler, an old man with a greyish beard, and a face worn by time, had been packing up his tackle to go home. As he began to close his tackle box, something flickered beneath the river's surface. Both the angler and Samuel (Still looking like a pitiful mongrel) turned to look at it, wondering what it was. Something was in the water, something large, and not a fish that belonged there. Blue lights, little pinpoints, ran down a long body, and the surface rippled, as though a current was created by fins moving beneath it, momentarily distorting the little blue lures. Suddenly, as though in a unified group, the lures darted away, and stopped glowing. Both Samuel and the fisherman stared, until the old man rubbed his temples, "Frillerfang, it comes at midnight, always when I'm about to leave. Fish or not, it knows who its friends are among us anglers. It isn't scared of me, and it isn't scared of you, either. They might call me crazy, but that creature is as real as you or me, and it's smart, too." Then, ignoring Samuel's disguise as a stray, he scratched the fake dog behind the ears, and walked off, leaving the shapeshifter to stare first after him, and then out at the river. Samuel wasn't a dog, but he felt pity for the old man, everyone thought he was senile, and until he saw it with his own eyes, Samuel hadn't believed him, either.

Samuel sighed, and shook his head, "I know it's a weird story, but Frillerfang is real. I saw it, and I would hope my memories would be enough for you to believe me. A stray dog isn't the best disguise, but it's better than people asking me questions, or trying to get a response. That fish, I think it's a meta-human, nothing in the river looks like that. It always comes at midnight, isn't there something strange about it?" Hugh looked at him questioningly. Not having telepathy, he had no clue what story Samuel was talking about. Of course, being a fisherman, he had heard a lot of old men rambling about Frillerfang himself. He was never out after dark, though, too many people commented on his sunglasses at night. He couldn't believe that Samuel would buy into that nonsense, but then again, maybe it was more rational than he first thought. He could create a twister in a concert hall, and Samuel was a little blob that seemed to be made of melted glass. Tally was a telepath, and who knows what other powers were out there that he didn't know about? If his eyes changed color, and Samuel melted into something for the most part formless, then a human being turning in a fish was perfectly logical, from a meta-human standpoint.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9