Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh and Samuel stopped running, and Hugh skidded to a stop, looking over his shoulder, stunned. Of course she didn't buy it, stupid, but what are you supposed to do, when you can't even think straight?! Hugh's thoughts lectured him about letting Glasswork go through with his greyhound disguise. He relaxed slightly, though, when it seemed as though the strangers had lost him. There was commotion, though, in the distance, and he remained highly alert as a result. He felt as though the girl were taunting him, and he was positive she was hinting at something she knew that he didn't. He did, however, respond to her questions, as it seemed they had gotten away, and weren't in any immediate danger now, although he would probably bolt at the smallest indication of a threat.

Hugh shook his head fiercely, "No, I don't know that name, I haven't even heard it before in my life." He responded. Glasswork shook his head, too, and it was clear neither of them recognized the name Caden. So they were being chased by someone because they thought they were associated with someone they didn't even know? Today really was not the best of days, but there was some comfort in knowing they didn't have anything that would interest those two people. Hugh took a few deep breaths, and calmed down a bit so he could think, the wind lessening to a gentle breeze again as his heart rate slowed.

Glasswork shook his head, "Getting into a fight would just make things worse." He said aloud. Mind-reader, he added, thinking the word loudly. He was calmer than Hugh, at he moment, and had enough common sense to believe that Tally was a telepath, in other words, a meta-human, like them. Not wanting to panic Hugh any worse, lest he whip up some gale in his state, Glasswork thought what he wanted to say. He wasn't a telepath, but he didn't need to be. Okay, you caught us, he directed the thought at the telepath, hopefully it was easily heard. I'm a shapeshifter, and Hugh is a wind manipulator, but there's no sense in anyone sharing such things aloud, considering Hugh doesn't control his powers very well, and they're linked to his emotions. Haven't you noticed that the wind is growing stronger in sync with his mood? It may have looked odd, as the boy was just looking the telepath in the eye, raising one eyebrow, not speaking. I don't know what you're after us for, but if you wanted a confession of what we are, you have it.

Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Faith jumped as Caden went.... Well, demonic for a moment. That reminded her not to ever get on his bad side. She quickly had every number of every person in the area along with their names sent to her phone. Cell phone companies have too much of everyones private information these days, so it was easy to have the action done. She followed Nick out of the commotion and sighed. Things are getting way to crazy for her taste. Faith looked around the area. Many people had left the carnival because ofte huge fight. She wasnt sure what to do.

"So what now? I got everyone's names and numbers on my phone. I just... Figured it may help. Well, there was one that didn't have an official contract so I didn't get that number down."  Faith switched on her phone, "I wonder who was Neal and who was Damien."

---
Neal
---

Neal watched in horror as one of the metas for a split second turned into some... Beast thing.  He felt gratitude for however was beside him that had the power for sand manipulation. The sand was annoying, but the situation didnt call for thoughts on sand. He took off running after the sand guy. He wasn't sure why he wanted to talk to any of these annoying people besides the fact they were meta humans. It was easy to keep up with the guy since Neal, himself, was a good sprinter. He followed the person out of the carnival.  The guy looked familiar now that he thought about it... Charles! That's it! The guy was the DJ known throughout town. He had seen him at the very few parties he had gone to. Neal preferred to stay out of parties sice there was always too many people.

Neal stopped beside Charles. "So what exactly happened back there?  All I know is that you pretty much saved my life, man. Thanks." The wind had calmed down and Neal had let go of his hood. "Oh, names Neal," he said, holding out a hand. He didnt want to scare the guy off. He just wanted to talk, even if it ment toning down on his usual annoyed attitude to do so. He had a feeling if he acted annoyed that Charles would be less willing to talk.  He was already probably unwilling to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Jaylen

As soon as the cloud of sand shot up, Jaylen's crystalline coating retreated back into his skin, and he dashed off fast as his legs would take him in the direction of Charles, but soon found himself lost somewhere around the park. He ran around as fast as he could, panting like a dog, looking for his friends. Hopefully, one of them would turn up soon. This whole town seemed to be falling into chaos, and he didn't want to be stuck out here alone. He found his suitcase laying under a tree, surprisingly enough, untouched. For now, he decided to call a taxi, and headed to his brother's condo in a better part of the city. He could track down Faith, Charles, and Nick later.

The Watcher and Damien

Spoiler:

The Watcher arrived at the scene just as Caden vanished, as if on que. He was perched atop a carnival game, which during the fight was abandoned. When the woman burst into flame and the curtain of sand picked up, Damien ran as fast as he could away from the scene. He wasn't fast enough for The Watcher, though, who leapt down from the game and landed on Damien, knocking him to the ground. He grabbed the umbrella's handle, and out came a long sharp tanto; a kind of Japanese knife. Damien looked at the blade and attempted to launch it at its owner, but to no avail.

"Ceramic, dipshit." The Watcher said, punching Damien across the face, leaving a cut on his right cheek "Now where'd he go? Tell me or I'll kill your sorry ass right now!" Damien was thoroughly trapped, having difficulty breathing, due to the vigilante perched on his chest, and was absolutely terrified.

"Look, man, I don't want any trouble, okay?" Damien said with some difficulty "I don't know where he went. I-"

"DON'T BULLSHIT ME!" The Watcher punched him again, and saw the skull symbol on the jacket's right shoulder. "Look, kid. Here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna go to Warpig, and show him that this is why you never cross me!" The Watcher brought the ceramic blade down into Damien's shoulder in the exact spot that he stabbed Chloe. Damien screamed, and The Watcher twisted the knife more and more as he struggled. The he pulled out the blade, sheathed it back into the umbrella, grabbed Damien by the front of his jacket, and threw him towards the street. Damien ran off fast as he could, the stab wound leaving a nice trail of blood behind him. The Watcher turned around to the dust cloud and waited to see if anyone was left. He had to figure out who this Caden guy was and why he was meeting with them.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:23 am

Chloe coughed and began to curse, but quickly shut her mouth to avoid swallowing any more sand than she already had. For some, disjointed, disconnected reason, she heard the voice of an old man, whispering in the back of her head. Eliot. This was lost amidst the chaos, even for her: she'd been in her fair share of deep sh*t, and this was far from the worst situation they'd been in. Adrenaline numbing the pain in her clavicle, Chloe tried desperately to see through the dust cloud, to discern whether diamond-boy was there, but he'd scampered off. Riley was out of sight, as well, but she wasn't too worried. Damien wasn't strong enough to fight him, not by any means. Still, with all this commotion, the cops were bound to coming soon, and they needed to make like a tree and get the hell out before it was too late. Chloe felt around in the cloud, attempting to make contact with Caden, but the slimy little creep had run off, once again. This was, then, a total loss. They should've followed the boy. Should've made sure Riley was safe rather than try and get a job, maybe one that could pay off those debts. Then they could just leave. Get in a car and drive until it ran out of gas and then walk until they ran out of breath-

Riley grabbed her, breaking her from the stupor. He pulled her in close, whispering into her ear, to avoid inhaling the dust."We need to get out."

"No sh*t!"

Riley took her by the wrist and began walking to the direction that Damien had been in: he didn't think the boy could harm them, aside from scratch Chlo up a bit. He felt bad thinking that way, but he might drive a knife into the back of their skulls if they attempted to exit the other way: and he'd rather see their attacker coming, at the very least. Riley, however, heard something moving and pushed Chloe back against the alleywall, fearing Damien's counterattack. It was Damien (Chloe had her pistol right next to Riley's head, ready to shoot, and was readying her apology for when he went deaf for a few days), but he wasn't attacking. He was running, right past them: and both Riley and Chloe quickly pieced together that for him to be running in the direction of Riley, former grizzly bear and rattlesnake, there must have been something worse he was running from.

"We cannot catch a break, you know that?" Chloe muttered, spitting out sand and rubbing it clear from her eyes. Her flames were somewhat subdued, due to the blast of sand briefly extinguishing them, but they were slowly regaining their vibrancy. She was hot to the touch, almost painfully so, but Riley's old hands were callused and used to the heat.

The duo moved slowly forward, and Riley had to contain a smile. My my, they were losing their reputation, if the gangbanger was more afraid of the Watcher than he was of them.

"Pleasant seeing you here. If you'll excuse us, we have somewhere else to be." Riley kept his tone cordial, but there was an undeniable steel to it. Trying to stop us isn't the best idea right now. We are both in REALLY bad moods.

Quote :
Jack's smirk grew into a large grin when the question was asked. "What can I do?" He leaned against a carnival booth. "My power involves trickery. Illusions, mostly. It's more complicated then just that, though. I make illusions based on people's feelings. If I want someone to see an illusion that makes them scared and they are afraid of spiders, they see a spider. I can't control what they see though- it all depends on what makes them feel the emotion I want them to feel." Jack had surprised himself when he told the truth about his power. He didnt lie for some reason. He shrugged as his grin returned to a smirk. "So what exactly is your power?"

All things said, that was a bit creepy. Nastasha was familiar with the concept of lucid dreaming-as Jack was about to find out-and made a note to keep doing "reality checks" if she was worried Jack was going to try something on her. Still, he seemed trustworthy, and she wasn't too worried. "It's easier if I show you. H-here." Nastasha wasn't familiar with the art of holding boys' hands, but this wasn't a romantic gesture. Nastasha reached out and gripped Jack's hand for a moment, waiting for a count of one, then two...

Jack would likely feel a sudden and irresistible drowsiness descend over him, making him fall unconscious right then and there in the middle of the carnival walkway. Nastasha moved over and caught his slumping body from falling (Amanda helped her a second or two later after she realized what was going on), then she closed her eyes and focused.

Jack would then, likely, undergo a very sudden and vivid dream. He'd be standing in the middle of a carnival walkway, seeing himself being held up by the pair of twins, perhaps rather confused. He'd see Nastasha turn to look at him with a grin on her face, and then likely hear her say, "Wake up, sleepyhead."

Then, Jack would likely wake up.

Nastasha helped him stand back up, although he would not feel any sluggishness or drowsiness: she exerted a bit of effort and drained the sleepiness from his system. In fact, he'd feel pretty refreshed for quite a while. Of course, if he hung around her for a very long period of time, he might undergo the same phenomena as Amanda: Amanda's constant drowsiness was a direct by-product of her sister's power. As Jack regained his senses, Nastasha would begin speaking.

"Sorry, I know that's a bit of a shock, but it's the easiest way to sum up what I can do. Nastasha Chaconne, walking anaesthetic and dream-walker, all by myself. I can do other tricks, too, cause narcolepsy or sleep apnea, anything in that ball-park. I actually feel kinda bad, now, hope I didn't startle you."

"Balance things out later, sis. You're a pretty good cure for insomnia." As if on cue, Amanda yawned, arching her back and stretching her arms. The physical resemblance between the two sisters was almost nullified by how drastically different their personalities were, in all honesty. After a minute or two, Amanda's face lit up, as if realizing something. "Ah, y'all probably want to hear what I can do. I slow things down. Hard to explain. Here." she drew a quarter from her pocket and put it in her hand, flipping it up into the air with her thumb. The quarter literally tumbled, end over end, at half-speed, rising into the air and falling with comical slowness. Amanda caught it and, a second later, tucked it into her pocket. "Applies to a lot of things. For example, Sasha annoys most people in a couple a seconds, but it takes a while for her to get to m-"

"Oh, shut up!" Nastasha said, huffing.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 2:50 am

Ray & Sage (+ Count Vicious)

Veriska wrote:
"I think the carnival would be fun, besides there's lots of people there and we could lose him." She took a pause. "Besides I wouldn't wan't him knowing where I lived... If I had a home..."

"Heh. Good thinking. Let's get a move on." Ray says quickly with a smirk. He wanted to comment on the "If I had a home" comment, but all he'd do is be insensitive. Or make a smart-ass comment to Sage about Emily being homeless. Sage just nodded. The carnival would be a great place for them to lose Vicious. However, the moment they get there, Ray will likely leave and head home. He was already interrupting what was going on with Sage and Emily. The first thing that came to mind was attacking the stalker if he tried to follow them. No one would really contest with that. This stalker was really worthy of his suspicion. No one would mind if this guy got a few knots on the head. "Follow me." Ray blankly says, as he turned away from the group (Giving Vicious a brief and violent glare). He then started walking with Sage and Emily right behind him. He walked down the path, about to past a massive brass statue of Martin Van Buren.

The person stalking them (Count Vicious) was not going to let them off THAT easily. He had heard a few rumors about the Androgyne with the bright blonde hair. About an Angel that appears from time to time with similar features to the person in question. As for Ray, very tough things have destroyed when the one with the sunglasses is around. That was all Vicious needed to press further. However, Vicious seemed to have been noticed by them. Which wasn't too much of a deterrent. It's one thing he's learned. It's that when trying to find out new Meta-humans; they usually put their lives above their secrecy. It gave him one evil idea. Right when they were about to past the statue of Martin Van Buren, Vicious started manipulation the brass on the statue. Without even moving a muscle on his body, no one would suspect a thing. Quickly, the supports keeping statue in place broke down into a pile of particle-sized powder. Not a single sound was heard. Which meant the statue was easy for Vicious to throw around without anyone noticing what he had done to it. When they were right under the statue, it oh so causally started to tilt towards them, there was a loud creaking. Vicious slowly manipulated the metal it tilt so that they would notice, so they can react fast enough to activate their powers to survive.

And, Vicious got exactly what he wanted. The creaking made Ray notice and run his head towards the falling statue--- Everyone else noticed too. "F*ck!" Ray shouted to warn his "friends", at that moment the statue came crashing down. He reacted accordingly, a thick, dark-blue aura surrounded him, and he leaped backwards (In the process his Aura disappeared), several feet. To the eyes of the onlookers this was a miracle. To Ray, this was the power of a telekinetic, using his powers to evade danger. However, he needed to at least try and make this look convincing. While he was mid flight he fell backwards, and hit the ground on his back with a loud (and painful) thump. Maybe tricking a few people. Far away from the statue. Once Sage noticed the statue falling down on them, the first thing it did was grab Emily by the shoulders and quickly dove out of the way. Saving both of them from being crushed by the statue. The statue landed very loudly, making a statue shaped hole in the concrete. Dust

The bystanders quickly swarmed in on the three, saying things like "Are you kids okay?" and "How did this happen?" A few kind people helped all of them up to their feet.

"What the f*ck just happened...?" Ray says to himself, quietly so that no one hears him. He ignored all the people that flocked around him and were asking questions

Sage was just confused and shocked. He didn't know what exactly to say, or make of this.

One notable thing that could be heard was Count Vicious's heavy steps as he walked towards the group. With a tiny smirk on his face, and a small hook-hand. After he was close, he stood over the group ominous and spoke to them, "Are you three okay?" He asked, his tone seemed to show legitimate concern. Which was something he could easily feign. All he has to do is be subtle and he can grab one of these kids, he was aiming for the one with the sunglasses. No one can jump that far without powers, can they? He sarcastically thought to himself.

F*ck off. Ray thought to himself as he looked Vicious square in the eye. Giving the Count of Viciousness his own brand of vicious. He remained silent, however. The last thing he wanted to do was draw even more attention to himself.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
Of course she didn't buy it, stupid, but what are you supposed to do, when you can't even think straight?!

It is so much fun to have the ability to hear minds. All these things that people think to themselves gave Tally the jollies. Obviously Hugh was terrified out of his mind because he was stalked by two people. While she's almost incapable of getting riled up enough to be scared like that; she would at least be cautious. Especially since they looked rather dangerous. Tally quickly pushed her ear-buds slightly more into her ears and said absolutely nothing until she was spoke to. A sinister smile crept up on her face.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"No, I don't know that name, I haven't even heard it before in my life."

Both of them were telling the truth. Their thoughts didn't betray what they said. She was a bit interested in this Caden fellow. From what she can easily gather, he probably is associated in Meta-humans in some way. Which is good enough for her to go try and seek him out. Later, Tally was going to handle these people first. All she wants is for them to reveal their Meta-human status, and they can get to business. "That's good..." Tally says in a near-taunting fashion, "... He sounds like trouble if he has people like that looking for him"

ViperaUnion wrote:
Mind-reader

Smart kid. Tally thought to herself. It would appear that those hints paid off. Which gave her a bit more insight on the young shape-shifter. More than what her mind reading could do. It made her respect Samuel a bit more than Hugh (Who so far; has acted like a scared dolt). She listened to the thoughts of Samuel, trying her best to ignore all the outside thoughts.

ViperaUnion wrote:
Okay, you caught us, he directed the thought at the telepath, hopefully it was easily heard. I'm a shapeshifter, and Hugh is a wind manipulator, but there's no sense in anyone sharing such things aloud, considering Hugh doesn't control his powers very well, and they're linked to his emotions. Haven't you noticed that the wind is growing stronger in sync with his mood?[/i]

Very interesting. It was. Tally listened to all of Samuel's thoughts, and she liked what she heard. She had just got what she wanted, she found Meta-humans. Even if it's not what she was hoping it to be. A wind manipulator and a shape-shifter. That's quite the combination. Tally figures that if she adds herself to that existing roster, then the three of them can be powerful. If Hugh can get himself together for a few seconds, AND he does what Tally thinks he can do, then he could easily be a heavy hitter. Samuel could be extremely useful with his shape-shifting. And if they add Tally, then they could gather all sorts of information and be impossible to ambush them as long as she's around. They'd be a very, very powerful combination... If they were in some sort of conflict, that is. Though, she has the initial feeling that nether of these boys would be that useful to begin with. That didn't mean that she was going to try and see. Now, she wants to respond to Samuel, except it'd only be proper to respond back Telepathically. Tally started rollerskating around the two boys in a circle over and over again. Her facial expression changed to one of a false innocent, and carefree attitude. Eyes pointed towards the sky like she was blissfully unaware. Except, this was all one big ruse while she communicates with Samuel.

While she did this, she whistled loudly, it would have looked strange but she didn't care. The way Tally's telepathy works is that she attaches a thought to a particular sound, any sound, and if her target can hear it, then they receive the thought. The particular thoughts that Tally sent to Samuel were done through her whistling, and only Samuel would receive the thoughts. Hugh would only hear her whistling. Which is exactly what she wanted, she choose to talk to Samuel. These thoughts were a mix of sarcastic, and taunting,

Oh boy. Looks like you caught me too, sheriff. Since we're playing the thinking game, might as well talk to ya' this way. Yeah, I'm a telepath. Just not the cheesy Professor X kind. I hear thoughts like you all hear sound. And, I heard your wussy thoughts, which is what really caught my attention, eh? Dogs and Human think quite differently and the contrast really caught my attention. Sorry for reading your minds like that, though. I can't turn it off... I hear the thoughts of everyone if they're close enough. Which is why I wear these earbuds blasting music. It makes my mind reading weak enough for me to tolerate--- If I took off these earbuds I could probably hear the thoughts of just about everyone in the carnival. But, it'd hurt pretty badly. Tally finished up the long chain of exposition and thoughts. She suddenly stopped whistling. There was plenty more about her power that she can divulge into, but she'll save it for later. Awaiting the next thoughts.

ViperaUnion wrote:
I don't know what you're after us for, but if you wanted a confession of what we are, you have it.

In a moment, Tally stopped skating around the pair and simply focused on Samuel, with a determined, mischievous look on her face. She figured that she should tell them the why in this. She didn't exactly have any qualms with sharing her goals and reasoning behind this with them. Since, they at least deserve that. Suddenly, she started whistling, sending thoughts to Samuel. Yet again, only Samuel would recieve them. Oh, sorry. I was only after you two because I wanted to find more people like me, you know? I don't know who's the leader out of the two of you... But, I think we can group up, work together. It only makes sense. Think about it. With my telepathy, your shape-shifting and his Air-bender powers; we can be a force to be reckoned with... AND, I can easily tell you if you both are about to be attacked and more.

At this moment Tally stopped whistling yet again and a wide, creepy smile crept on her face. She awaited Samuel's response.

Charles

Celo The Impossible wrote:
"So what exactly happened back there?  All I know is that you pretty much saved my life, man. Thanks."

The very thing Charles did upon hearing the newcomer was stop and give the guy the up-down. The guy was your generic hoodie-wearing creep, like he had something to hide under that hood. Charles disregarded that for a moment as he continued. Neal also has an obvious Punk/Tough-guy feel. Which Charles felt was more amusing than either of those things. The guy had a strange feline vibe too. Like he kinda looked like a cat in some ways. That immediately made Charles suspect that he's a Meta-human. Though, he wasn't really in a mood to go try and explore upon this. Yup, he's had enough Meta-humans for today, and he just wants to go home or just anywhere to relax. Soon as possible. Now, he figured that he should answer Neal's questions before he springs. "You're welcome." Charles starts off, blankly, almost out of characters, "Well, my friends was talking to that weirdo with the dreads. Then, those people showed up looking for that guy... Then everything spiraled out of control..." That's everything Neal needs to know. Charles was just about ready to go call Tally when Neal spoke again.

"Oh, names Neal," he said, holding out a hand.

"I'm Charles Blackmore." For once, he didn't mention that he's a DJ around town. He was just spent right now and all that energy he had before just faded away. He took Neal's hand, and had the perfect opportunity to copy his power (If he had any), but choose not to. As mentioned before, he's had enough Meta-humans for today. If Faith, Nick, Amanda, Natasha and Jaylen really wanted to find him, then they could easily do so. On the plus side, he could easily find them--- They all have a lot to talk about. He, especially, wanted to talk with Faith and Nick. But, for now it was time for him to get a move on. There was one last thing, he needs to put away his Sand-Manipulation before he loses it for good. And he had the feeling that he wouldn't find the owner again anytime soon. Charles grunted as he dug into his pockets and pulled out a broken silver locket. He held it tightly in his hand, not looking at it, only holding it. Before he did anything, he looked up and spoke to Neal, "So, um, how'd you get mixed up in this?" After the last words left his mouth, a green light, similar to electricity came from his head and traveled down his arm. All the way into the locket, before it disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 3:48 am

Jack was just about to crack some sort of joke when Natasha grabbed his hand but didnt get a chance to as he found himself suddenly asleep. It felt like something of an out-of-body experience as he saw himself asleep and saw Natasha and Amanda keeping him up in his dream. Jack had to admit, even asleep he looked good. Natasha then turned to him and told him to wake up.

Jack jumped up, awake and refreshed. "Well that was interesting," he smirked. It explained why Amanda seemed so tired. "It would be perfect for some pranks," Jack grinned, slipping his hands into his jacket pockets.

Then Amanda showed her power. Jack nodded, a grin still on his face. The grin turned into a laugh when Natasha interrupted Amanda's statement. "Interesting." He straitened up and looked around, noticing something. "Hey weren't there a lot more people here just a few minutes ago?" Jack did not know of the battle that had just taken place between Riley, Chloe, and Damien or of Caden's freak out. Jack shrugged, "oh well."

---
Neal
---
Neal let out a dry laugh when Charles asked how he had gotten himself into the whole mess. "I could ask you the same question. In truth I have no idea. Normally I find people annoying. I still did find the whole situation annoying but I guess I just wanted to see what was going on." He had chosen to leave out "like you" between people and annoying. He would normally include it but chose not to.

Neal closed his eyes and sighed, not noticing the green light that Charles had traveling from his head to his arm. Neal frowned before opening his eyes, "from what I saw the fight was stupid and useless. Bothersome people doing bothersome things." He had been curious about the fight, but after thinking it over Neal now saw the fight as a useless event.

---
Faith
---
Faith looked at her phone again. "I think we should call Charles and see if everything's okay on his end," she said. It sounded like a good idea. Before giving Nick a chance to reply Faith already had the cell phone up to her ear and the ringtone was on.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:02 am

"I'm not sure what we'll do now." Nick said, looking around for a moment to make sure the area was clear and that they were safe before dropping his magnetic force field. He quickly shed his hoodie and draped it over his right shoulder to cool off after sweating from the fighting he had witnessed and running. He sighed as he felt his blood pressure drop and the adrenaline fade from his system. He scratched his chest where the outline of a creeper face could be seen. He wanted to know more, and Caden was the only one who seemed to be ready and willing to share it. When she mentioned that she had collected everyone's numbers, including his own, he sighed. That took the awkwardness out of asking for her number or vise versa.

"Wait, you have Caden's number?" he said, moving over to look over Faith's shoulder at her phone. "I don't know who either of them are... But I think I have something that will concern us both more." he said, walking around her and facing away, before twisting his arm around his back and pulling her phone out of her hand using magnetism. "Sorry." he said, giving a half playful, half apologetic look to her. Charles hadn't answered just yet, so he used the time and minimized the call without ending it, and scrolled up from Damien to Caden in the contacts list, before pulling up his number. He pulled out his own phone and added Caden's number to his phone. He might've been nice, even going as far as liking Faith, but that wouldn't stop him from messing with her every now an again. He added her number to his phone too, before zipping her phone back to her using gravity just before Charles could answer. That was record breaking time, ten seconds at most. He gave her a grin, before pulling up Caden's number. He taped the number, and his Iphone 4 brought up it's Dialing screen.

'Calling: Caden' It read. He wanted to learn more about himself and others. Perhaps Caden or even someone his allies if he had any would assist him in honing his abilities. If they were willing to go that far for a kid. Even if the kid was a meta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 5:17 am

Ray wrote:
"Heh. Good thinking. Let's get a move on."

So it's unanimous. we'll head to the carnival. Emily couldn't help but hope that they'd be able to check it out a little. She had walked past it a few times and wondered what could attract so many people. Her train of thought was interrupted when Emily noticed the supports on a nearby statue crumble. The statue looked sturdy, and she didn't think anything of it until the statue leaned over with a loud creaking sound.

Ray shouted profanity as he used some kind of power to avoid the falling object. Unfortunately for Emily using her abilities usually caused a scene. How could I have been so stupid? This is a terrible way to have my power revea- Before she could take any action she felt hands on her shoulders, and then she was pulled out of harms way. When she saw people hurry towards to surround them she was thankful. She turned to Sage "you saved me..." she gasped.

Then Ray's stalker approached them, could he have anything to do with this? That could explain way I saw with that statue. Even with the supports gone it shouldn't have just fell. If he wasn't smiling like he was or hadn't been stalking them she might have believed his sympathy. She gave him a dangerous look, there were too many people around to do anything else.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:56 pm

The Watcher watched Damien run away, and smirked. idiot. Luckily, Riley and Chloe were still here. Unluckily, they were seriously pissed off. Yet again, so was the Watcher. He looked up from the blood splatter where Damien had been moments before, and then at the umbrella. He could fight Riley and Chloe, and maybe he would win so he could beat the information out of them. They didn't exactly seem to be good, law-abiding citizens. Yet, now he knew that Riley and Chloe didn't like Caden either. Perhaps they could make a deal. The enemy of your enemy was your friend, after all.

"So you don't like Caden either, then." The Watcher said, walking towards Riley and Chloe cautiously "He's got a gang working for him now called The Skulls. All mutants. I took most of them down the other night, but the cops showed up before I could finish them off. Look, I know we may have our differences, but if we work together here we can easily kill the rest of those b*stards off and cut off Caden's minion supply." The Watcher seriously doubted that Riley and Chloe would just help him out of their better nature. If they wouldn't, he'd have to pay them for their help, which he could easily manage.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Samuel thought for a moment, before responding, making his thoughts clear in the front most part of his mind, Neither me, nor Hugh, is the leader, we're just friends that chat once in awhile, but we both keep in touch and inform one another if there's anything fishy going on. I don't mind joining up, and Hugh probably won't, either. It's just that he hasn't really ever been in a fighting situation before, so he thinks he has to run to get away. In truth, it would be impossible to catch him, had I not been here to slow him down, he has super-speed, too. He then shrugged, seemingly for no apparent reason, At any rate, I already have some nice information on where we might find a fourth meta. You know that old fisherman's legend, Frillerfang? Well, I did some spy work masquerading as a stray dog, and I think I might know where we can find it. It's an urban legend, but I think that it might actually be a meta-human with fish-like mutations. Why else would it mangle cages, and never bite lines the fisherman throw out?

Samuel frowned, before looking at Hugh, and speaking aloud, "Hugh, calm down, dude, she's a friend." Hugh seemed to visibly relax, at this, taking the shapeshifter's word for it, and for the most part relieved to believe that they had lost their pursuers. Regardless, there was a commotion further back, and with a clear mind, he was thinking rationally again, "Well, either way, I don't think we want to be here, there was a crash back there a minute ago, and that's never a good sign." Samuel nodded at this, before directing more thoughts at Tally, Hugh's probably right about this one, I don't think the Carnival is safe, today, and if we're going to talk a bit more, it's too crowded here. Plus, I'm kind of sick of maintaining this form, at the moment. This is what I used to look like, not my actual appearance. If we're going to work together, we have to talk it over a bit where nobody else is going to listen in.
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 pm

"We're not fond of Caden, perhaps. Merely in the way of knowing he might have some money behind him. Our loyalties only extend that far, I'm afraid. You'll need a hell of a counter-offer, but if so..." Riley glanced at Chloe, who nodded, almost imperceptibly. The current flaming nature of her face, body, hair, etc, made it a bit tricky to discern facial expressions, but Riley had practice. She was cooling down, but was still running hot, quite literally.

"...the Harrier and the Hound are open for hire. I'll warn you now, Watcher," ugh, felt so very awkward to call him that. "If this is an elaborate ploy on your part, or an attempt to...bring us in, shall we say, you will regret it very, very deeply. However, if you can back up your request with some money, I'm sure we'll get along just amiably."

"You might not think it of us, but we do have just a shred of honor left. It's just a really, really tiny shred, that does not enjoy being double-crossed. At all." Chloe added sweetly, pistol blatantly out on display in her right hand. Hell, there was smoke rising around her and fire dancing across her skin. The handgun wasn't what most people would be looking at.

"Our number." Riley said, drawing a scrap of paper from his pocket and tossing it to the Watcher. "Sorry we can't stay and engage in more small talk, but I do believe I hear sirens."

Riley looked around for a moment, then sighed. Chloe's fire began to die down more quickly, now, until only her hair and eyes were glowing like embers. She kept her gaze steady on the Watcher: she wasn't entirely trusting of him, to be honest. Riley had more of a freelance, soldier-of-fortune approach to their line of work, whereas Chloe relied a bit more on her gut. There was no love lost between the three of them-it was pretty apparent the Watcher would kill them both, or at least try and turn them in, she assumed, if he thought he could. She'd be as wary of him as she was of the Skulls when (by which she meant if) they took this job. still, they needed the money, and to be a vigilante, you had to have a bit of money tucked away...

Sirens. Closer now. And screams. Damn it all.

"Riley, honey, think it's time we run off, lick our wounds..." liquid fire, quite similar to magma, was still trickling out of Chloe's collarbone, constantly cauterizing itself and breaking open once again. If it was painful, she wasn't showing it: likely, the adrenaline was still overriding petty sensations like "pain" or "fear".

"Mmm. Yeah. Let's go." Riley eyed the Watcher for a moment more, then made sure Chloe was ready. In a second, his flesh had rippled through the jacket and his moccasins and hair and his whole form distorted. A moment later, a mustang horse, eyes flickering with a rather unnerving red light and tail swishing with anticipating, stood waiting. It neighed impatiently and Chloe hopped on, swinging onto the horse with practiced smoothness. She kept her eyes on the Watcher as the horse took off, then let out a grunt of effort. Smoke began to ooze forth from her, leaving everyone in their wake coughing and hacking for a moment or two. Nothing severe, but it kept them from being able to really describe Chloe, who was partially visible at this point. Once they'd put a bit of distance between the crime scene, Riley shifted back, and they began hoofing it in the more metaphorical sense. Back to the hotel room it was, where plans of actions could be discussed and showers could be had. Blood was rather unpleasant to have on you, particularly when it was someone else's.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 pm

10:36 AM

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
Neither me, nor Hugh, is the leader, we're just friends that chat once in awhile, but we both keep in touch and inform one another if there's anything fishy going on. I don't mind joining up, and Hugh probably won't, either. It's just that he hasn't really ever been in a fighting situation before, so he thinks he has to run to get away. In truth, it would be impossible to catch him, had I not been here to slow him down, he has super-speed, too.

Seems legit. Samuel had partly confirmed Tally's suspicion that these two are less than adept at fighting. Nonetheless, she is going to give this a chance. Samuel telling her that Hugh has super-speed did give her more ideas on what they can do. Even if either of them don't have the gall to get it together and fight, they won't be useless at all. However, Tally felt like she was going to assume the leadership position. There was no reason for her to send any thoughts to Samuel, all she could do was give confirmation. She merely nodded at Samuel.

ViperaUnion wrote:
At any rate, I already have some nice information on where we might find a fourth meta. You know that old fisherman's legend, Frillerfang? Well, I did some spy work masquerading as a stray dog, and I think I might know where we can find it. It's an urban legend, but I think that it might actually be a meta-human with fish-like mutations. Why else would it mangle cages, and never bite lines the fisherman throw out?

The Frillerfang...? All Tally heard about the creature was that it was some urban legend that the fishermen talk about. Of course she felt like people who believed that it existed were stupid. There was a chance that the thing could be a Meta-human. Though, she was extremely skeptical about the idea of going to find it. There was just that feeling in her skull like it'd be a huge waste of time. It'll probably not appreciate being found, and even if they get it on their side, what good will it do? She was still going to appear to support it, however. Tally suddenly started whistling again, sending the thoughts to Samuel. Always thought the Frillerfang was just some stupid legend. We'll have to look into that after we're done here. Oh! And I know two other Meta-humans, my friends Charles and Colin. You may have heard of Charles if any of you are into the partying crowd. Charles is a power-copier, he just puts powers he has into objects to save them. And Colin can create ghost copies of himself. Heh. Best part about this is that they don't know that I know. Maybe I can change that, a little later, eh? Once again, Tally stopped whistling.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, either way, I don't think we want to be here, there was a crash back there a minute ago, and that's never a good sign."

It took long enough for this Hugh guy to stop panicking and speak. It took Samuel to tell him to be calm down for him to finally do so. Now Tally knew who she respected in their little group, Samuel. It was funny seeing like the youngest out of all of them is the most calculated. It made Tally giggle a bit. She had heard the crash and the action a few minutes ago. All the way through her ear-buds that were blasting music, her hearing was much, much better than everyone else's. Whatever happened back may have been interesting, but it can wait. It's probably all over now and will pop up on the news later. She was about to respond to Hugh, when Samuel sent some more thoughts directed at her. Tally was going to put her response on hold in order to response.

ViperaUnion wrote:
Hugh's probably right about this one, I don't think the Carnival is safe, today, and if we're going to talk a bit more, it's too crowded here. Plus, I'm kind of sick of maintaining this form, at the moment. This is what I used to look like, not my actual appearance. If we're going to work together, we have to talk it over a bit where nobody else is going to listen in.

A good idea. Tally really didn't like communicating mentally. Since, she just realized that she was just standing here and whistling while two boys watch. It felt more natural to talk with mouths instead of minds. For the last time in this conversation, Tally started whistling. She sent some thoughts to Samuel and not Hugh, Yeah. You're right. We need to get out of here, we could spring and head to somewhere with less people. I'm tired of standing here, whistling, and I want to see what you're true form is.... Tally stopped whistling, and thought to herself about where they could go. It'd probably be best if they went to Tally's hide-out; a Roller-rink that's been abandoned for a few weeks now. Because of Tally's actions, no one barely goes near it. All because she made the city think there's a ghost haunting the place. With her power over people's sense of hearing, naturally. Tally spoke out loud, telling them her options for where they could go, "... Are you two okay with abandoned buildings?" She spoke in a taunting tone, with a smirk creeping on her face. Tally wanted to say "your places" but she knew it'd be in vain.

Charles

"I could ask you the same question. In truth I have no idea. Normally I find people annoying. I still did find the whole situation annoying but I guess I just wanted to see what was going on."

Charles got that feeling that Neal was actually referring to him, just on the inside. That was a little bit of a reason for him not to like the guy. Neal's explanation for how he got into this didn't help that. If he finds things and people so annoying, then why did he even get involved? Makes little sense. Perhaps there was something else at play here--- Though, he still didn't feel like thinking about it. Charles was just about to get up and leave, but, he choose to stay for reasons currently unknown. All he wanted to do was go out and find Tally. Then, hopefully, start putting what happened at this place behind him. Until, he's ready to go find Faith, Nick and the others. "Right." Charles yips.

"from what I saw the fight was stupid and useless. Bothersome people doing bothersome things."

"Yeah..." Charles said, "It was pretty stupid. Wish It could have been avoided though." Me and the diamond boy could probably have took Caden out if those other two didn't pop in... He quickly thought to himself before he looked around just to see if any of them were around. It was only him and Neal. Which was more than enough reason for him to leave now. However, his phone started vibrating and playing his ringtone (A song by Uppermost). He immediately dashed away all thoughts of leaving, and flipped it open. It was an unknown number. It was likely someone calling to ask him to DJ. He pressed the answer button and put the phone to his ear, saying, "Charles Blackmore here, who is this?" Calling Tally can wait.

Caden

Now, Caden was a good distance away from the carnival. He's now on the All-Fathers Bridge, the one in the middle for pedestrian travel. He threw his hoodie over his head, covering up his thick dreadlocks, and started walking away. He choose to take the normal route. Instead of zipping around using teleportation or turning into darkness and sliding all around the place. He smirked, and tilted his head down as he started walking. There were crowds of people all around him, all moving. All the darkness around him gave him power, but, made it impossible to sense anyone specifically. Everyone formed one massive blob of darkness, which made it easy for anyone to just walk and shoot him. Especially the Watcher, or any of those thugs that keep following Caden around. For a moment, he stopped to look around, just to see if he could notice anyone in the crowd. It irritated him, these people won't let him commence his business. Under his round glasses, his eyes flashed with darkness. No one notice since he has his hood up, and head was facing the ground.

The cellphone in the pocket of his hoodie started ringing. Which is the most interesting since he told his minions never to call him unless it's important. Since he already had his hands in his pocket, he easily pulled out his cell phone. He put it up to his ear and said, "... Who is this?"

Ray, & Sage

Veriska wrote:
"you saved me..." she gasped.

"That's just what an Angel does." Sage says to Emily, nearly hinting it's power to her. It would have given her a warm smile, but it was far too confused and scared to smile right now. Like it always done when it got nervous, it started gently stroking it's blonde hair while looking around nervously. All these people around them. It was frightened.

Ray was just about done here. He was getting stalked by a weirdo with a hook-hand, and now statues are falling on him. There was a line, and he drew it here. F*ck all of this. He nonchalantly thought to himself. Ray then started walking away from the crowd, and Sage and Emily. If they were smart, they would definitely get out of here now. For now, he's flying solo.

"Hey! Where are you going, kid?!" One male bystander shouted. Only to be ignored by Ray.

"... We should go too." Sage whispers to Emily. Before it started walking away from the crowd. Hopefully with Emily behind it.

Count Vicious didn't pursue since he got exactly what he wanted. Following them any further wouldn't gain him anything when he can just bag one and bring them back to his base later. He just stood there, watching. With his hand wrapped around the wrist of his hook hand, with an evil smirk on his face.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Faith smiled back at Nick, blushing a little. She felt a bit guilty about getting his number without permission, but he didn't seem to mind that much. Faith held the phone up to he ear just as Charles answered.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Charles Blackmore here, who is this?"

Faith felt some relief whenever Charles answered. Good, he was okay, so that's one person that got away unharmed. "Hey, it's Faith. Just checking and seeing if you were okay and stuff. Nick and I are..." Faith looked around, suddenly realizing that thy were still at the carnival. Sirens could be heard in the distance. "somewhere at the carnival. I think we're about to leave, though." It was a lot easier for Faith to talk on the phone. It was different then talking to someone face-to-face.

---
Neal
---
Neal frowned. This conversation was getting nowhere and fast. He wasnt sure why he even wante to talk to this Charles kid, but he did. It was also obvious that Charles wanted to leave, but wouldn't for some reason. you and me both Neal thought to himself. It was dangerous enough talking to people a long time. The longer you talk to someone the more you realize features about the person. Charles will realize hes different soon if he hasn't already.

The awkward silence was cut with the skin of a cell phone. Neal listened quietly as Charles asked who it was. His hearing was above average, so he could hear a little bit of the other side of the conversation. Just a small amount, though. The person on the other end of the conversation was Faith and she was with someone named Nick. That was all he knew.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh found the question odd, and wondered if he had missed something. For the longest time, Glasswork and Tally had been silently making eye contact while the skateboarder girl whistled. Of course, since Glasswork had more connections than Hugh did, he was the first to answer, shrugging, "Hey, if Glasswork says it's okay, then I'm fine." Samuel then nodded, "If it's structurally stable, then I seriously doubt there will be a problem. But then again, I doubt anyone with a rational mind would choose something that could collapse. Let's go, then, there's too much commotion." Despite his younger age, Samuel was much more active in public and in stressful situations than Hugh. While he could do a lot with his powers, Hugh was just naturally more timid and sensitive to things. Because of his initial reluctance to use his powers, most of the time Samuel had just learned how to predict the weather based on Hugh's behavior. He always acted edgy when a storm was coming, maybe because of the way the change in pressure affected him, or something. Samuel never really bothered to ask him what it felt like when he detected a change in weather.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Nick held the phone up to his ear and got a stony look as Caden answered. He was about to speak, when he heard Faith make the comment about how they would be going soon. He nodded, to her in confirmation, before plugging in one ear to make it easier to hear Caden over Faith and all the other external noises. He was happy he now had the ability to contact the man. He was a well of knowledge, and he was a man, well boy, who had just found the well after not knowing anything about his powers for a long time.

"...Who is this?"

"This is Nick, the one who was at the carnival." he said, trying to jog his memory so he knew which Nick he was talking about. He didn't know how many Nick's Caden might know. He noticed how easily Faith was speaking to Charles, and smiled to himself. She was speaking so easily despite herself. Talking on the phone must be easier for her. He would've normally made a response to Caden's dry answer with a sarcastic comment of his own, but he knew that Caden didn't know he was the one who was calling. "I want to know more about you, me, about meta humans in general." He said, his voice going lower and he turned away from Faith. "I have spent so long living in the dark, not knowing what I am..." he said, trailing off. "You're the first person I've met that knows things... dangerous things." He said.

He stopped talking for a moment. He was trying to think of a way to continue. "So now I want to know more about me, and what we are and why we're here. I'm willing to do anything I can to do so." he said, finishing. He hoped that Caden would take him up on his offer. Well, he just hoped that Caden would take advantage of what he was willing to do and maybe give him a hint of when he could meet him next or where to go to learn. He had spent his whole life keeping his powers a secret. Now he wanted to know why.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:05 am

Sage wrote:
"That's just what an Angel does."

Emily giggled. She studied Sage yet again. Huh, he or she does seem to resemble what I imagine an Angel would look like. But such things didn't exist so she cast the thought away. There were more pressing things at hand.

Sage wrote:
"... We should go too."

Emily had no disagreements there. She hated crowds, and crouds hated her. Or so she always thought. Most of all she wanted to put distance between herself and Ray's stalker. Something unnerved her about him. As Sage slipped through the crowd Emily followed in suit. Several people shouted at them as they left, she ignored them and just kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:36 am

Caden

TheⓍperator wrote:
"This is Nick, the one who was at the carnival."

The very first things that Caden did was stop and say into the phone, "... How did you get this number?" In an annoyed, and harsh tone. The last thing that Caden wanted was getting his phone tapped by teenagers. The phone he carried around could be the very reason why everyone's following him. He grasped his cell-phone tightly, and was about to throw it off the bridge. It didn't take him long to figure out how Nick has his number. Faith, she told him that her power was. Control over electronics, she could have easily gotten his number, among other thing. Which, could actually play in his favor. These two kids were unaffiliated with the people (who he believes) are after them. He had guessed that Riley, Chloe, and The Watcher had some other means of tracking him. At some point he will have to crush the three, as they are now opposing his grand plans of change. Caden stopped walking and leaned up against the nearest wall.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"I want to know more about you, me, about meta humans in general." He said, his voice going lower and he turned away from Faith. "I have spent so long living in the dark, not knowing what I am..." he said, trailing off. "You're the first person I've met that knows things... dangerous things." He said.

Caden listened with great interest. He knew exactly where this was going. Nick was clearly interested in Caden, because of the latter's interest in Meta-humans. "Now, my, my." An enormous smile crept up on his face. "You will only live in the dark for so long, young child. Now that I am here. I can enlighten you on so much. Because, years ago, I was much like you, before I too was enlightened." Caden started laughing slightly into the phone, he got exactly what he wanted. He's finally on the road to creating a meme. The very thing he wanted to do from the beginning. "Now, if I by any chance inform you further about Meta-humans... I expect you to continue the cycle from there. Pass on my lessons to the next person. Can you do that for me?"

TheⓍperator wrote:
"So now I want to know more about me, and what we are and why we're here. I'm willing to do anything I can to do so."

Hmph. There is use for you... And the rest of you. Even if some of you have taken arms against me. Caden thinks to himself. He did see an ally in the little group that Nick and Faith formed. Even if some of them appeared to have taken arms against him, they can be swayed with a little bit of his charms. "... Perhaps we can arrange something." He starts off, in his usual tone, "I am trying to make history here. Perhaps you can join me--- I'd prefer if we speak in person, however. Is there a place you'd like to meet?" A meeting with his gang can wait, this could be worth something.

Charles

"Hey, it's Faith. Just checking and seeing if you were okay and stuff.  Nick and I are..."

It was Faith calling, he wondered how (and why) she has his number, but he didn't care. Just her calling provided him with a bit of relief knowing that they're alright. Charles was concerned for their safety. Because all things that could have happened--- It was just that he cared about people. Even those he just met. She definitely will provide a better conversation than Neal. "Yeah. I can handle myself real well when stuff like that comes around." Charles says to Faith, it almost sounded like he was stroking his ego. "I'm just here... With this guy..." There was something else he wanted to say, and was only filling time.

"Hey, it's Faith. Just checking and seeing if you were okay and stuff.  Nick and I are..." Faith looked around, suddenly realizing that thy were still at the carnival. Sirens could be heard in the distance. "somewhere at the carnival. I think we're about to leave, though."  

If he was going to say what he needed to say, now would be the time to say it. He looked much more serious, and determined, and he sighed. He closed his eyes, as he spoke, "I think we should all group up. I need to talk about what happened back there with you two." He just said it, in a serious manner. "I know a good place where we can meet. It's quiet and no one goes there. I just need to see if it's okay with a friend." Only the Charles, Faith and Nick needed to talk. Just one conversation with the three of them. No one else. Especially not Neal, or Jack. He also wanted to include Jaylen, but he seems to be somewhere else. Charles will find him, he knows it.

"... Do you also know where everyone else is?" Charles asked Faith, he was especially curious about what happened to Natasha, and Amanda.

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Hey, if Glasswork says it's okay, then I'm fine." Samuel then nodded, "If it's structurally stable, then I seriously doubt there will be a problem. But then again, I doubt anyone with a rational mind would choose something that could collapse. Let's go, then, there's too much commotion."

Now ain't that the spirit? Tally thinks to herself again, with a devious smirk on her face. Both of them are just so willingly following her. Even when she could be leading them into a trap. If she was in their shoes, she wouldn't be following anywhere. Then again, she has easily the strongest Telepathy in all of Black Fall, she can tell if anyone's going to trick her or not. Plus their intentions. "The place is safe as it can be." She reassures them, except her taunting tone betrayed that. "Come on, it's a little bit of a bus ride, but we can make it. I'll pay for all of it." Tally adds on, as she starts roller-skating away. With both boys behind her, she skated all the way through the carnival, towards the gate. The moment she was out, she was met with quite a sight. Sirens in the distance, blood, sand, and scared people. Their thoughts were immediately transmitted to her in the form of sound, just some scared mental-rambling about a very weird fight. She just kept going, she couldn't care less about what happened here. Tally wanted to stay focused, so she just zipped right by them and went to the bus-stop some way past the crowd. Since getting on and off the bus with roller skates can be quite troublesome (Most bus Drivers don't even let her on with those) she choose to take them off. She sat down on the bench on the bus stop and slowly unstrapped her roller skates, until they were all unstrapped. Tally then slid her feet out of the roller-skates, and reached for the sneakers tied to her jean shorts. She threw them on the ground, then put her feet inside of them. Before tying her roller skates to her jeans in their place.

Almost conveniently, the bus arrived and it's doors opened. She smiled and stepped on, putting money for the bus in the cash dispenser for her group and finding a seat for herself. Tally crossed her legs and quietly whistled. Not sending any thoughts to anyone here. It would have been confusing for Samuel, who knows of Tally's telepathy. She was just doing this to pass the time, since the thoughts of everyone here would have gotten boring fast. For a Telepath that's just too used to this, she doesn't find any trill anymore in reading thoughts. After a lengthy (and boring) Bus ride, Tally had arrived close to her destination. All three of them arrived in the middle-class area of the Westside distract. It was a mostly clean neighborhood, with people that could almost be called "nice" all over the place, and children playing. Tally stepped off the bus, with her two new found allies behind her. Right now, she felt like roller-skating all the way to her hideout, but there was no time to waste on putting on her roller-skates when it's so close. She started walking all the way there, with a cheeky smile on her face.

After a few minutes of walking, they "arrived" at her hideout, the Three Fountains Skating Rink. A recently shut down Roller-rink, it was closed down weeks ago. Which Tally quickly took advantage of and made it her Hideout. This place will do, until the authorities come and tear the place down. Which is why Tally isn't storing any valuables there overnight. The Roller-Rink was a very large building. It's square squared, with a larger half-circle roof. The building was mostly constructed out of red bricks, with several metal support beams here and there. The building was effectively closed up. With every door and window being boarded up and had several caution/do-not-enter signs slapped up against it. Those weren't enough to keep Tally out. One of the boards, covering up the back entrance, was kicked in. Which allowed clear entrance/exit. Inside the roller-rink was one big massive room. There were two sections, the entrance area and the roller rink itself. The rink was a large area with a hard wooden floor, which has plenty of wear from skating. Around the rink itself, was a small chest-high wall to keep the skaters in. Since the place was abandoned, the place was in a little bit of decay. The power was off, and the place was a little dark, the sunlight that seeps in through the cracks gave them a bit of illumination. There were few pieces of furniture scattered around the place (Some wooden tables, some chairs). Fortunately, Tally has a few lanterns around the place to give her light.

Tally lead the group through the back entrance and walked out in the middle of the roller rink and turned around to her two friends, "What do you two think? Think this will do as our hide-out? Heh, having our own hide-out makes me laugh." She asked them, playfully. Tally could read their thoughts, so she can know their actual opinion on this. Even if they try and hid it.

Sage

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Yeah. I can handle myself real well when stuff like that comes around." Charles says to Faith, it almost sounded like he was stroking his ego. "I'm just here... With this guy..."

Faith nodded out of habit, despite being on the cell phone, "Yeah, that's good." She wondered who the guy was, but shrugged it off. She had a different question regarding the numberso n her cell phone. "Hey, do you know who Damien and Neal are? Those are the names of two of the people that were around the place at the fight.... I'm pretty sure one of the names is of the knife throwing guy, but I don't know which."

Mr Allen J wrote:
"I think we should all group up. I need to talk about what happened back there with you two." He just said it, in a serious manner. "I know a good place where we can meet. It's quiet and no one goes there. I just need to see if it's okay with a friend."
Faith was curious about what the place he mentioned was, but she figured if she agreed she would find out soon enough. "Sounds good. I might have to ask Nick, though. He's talking to some dude on his phone right now." Faith had made the sentence as casual as possible- she didn't want for Charles to know Nick was talking to Caden. The guy didn't seem to like Caden, considering he had attacked him and all. It would be best to just act like she didn't know who Nick was talking to.

Faith noted that Nick was talking in a lower tone and turned away from her. She felt some more curiosity about what he was asking Caden about. She couldn't help but wonder about it, and was thinking of connecting the conversation on Nick's phone to her own's with them being unable to tell she was listening in- it is an easy thing to do, actually. Faith decided against it, however. She respected Nick and it would be rude to listen in on the conversation.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"... Do you also know where everyone else is?" Charles asked Faith, he was especially curious about what happened to Natasha, and Amanda.
Faith hadn't really thought about it. "No. I could call Jaylen and everyone who was at the fight... but Jack I don't even want to know where he is and the two girls I had never gotten a chance to ask them about their numbers and haven't really seen them since before the fight."

Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Hugh & Samuel

Hugh looked around the room, examining it. Being an artist-type by nature, he naturally had his own expertise when it came to things like this. The place was clearly abandoned, and had been as such for some time, considering that he saw a few spots of wood rot, although it could have been avoided if they properly treated or painted the wood. Perhaps moisture was coming in from somewhere, although just by the overall smell of the room, and from what he could see, there didn't appear to be any black mold. He wouldn't say anything about the wood rot, the building was abandoned, anyway, and if there wasn't mold, there wasn't much of a health hazard here. Besides, the rot wasn't in places where it would cause problems. As far as Hugh could tell, the place was in rather good condition. He nodded, "Seems like a good place, lots of room. You even got furniture and lighting in here."

Samuel took Hugh's word for it on the state of the building. Samuel's interests were most heavily linked to sculpture, although he hoped to become an artisan that focused on making works of art out of blown glass, which was why he most liked abstract art to begin with, and how he got his nickname. He didn't know anything about interior decorating, or what things would result in a building being condemned, but Hugh typically did. He dabbled in a lot of things, first violin, and then painting, and maybe he might have an interest in home design. "Well, I'll take Hugh's word for it on this one. I don't know anything about buildings." He stated aloud, aware that since Tally couldn't turn off her telepathy, she would hear his inner thoughts, regardless. He guessed that Hugh found most of the decay in the room to be cosmetic, rather than structural.

Samuel then shrugged, "Well, I'm glad we can talk here, I was really tired of having to stay in one form." He said, before his form suddenly changed color, and melted into a tiny blob. When it re-formed, he looked like a simply made glass figurine of sorts, being transparent and having the same reflective qualities as the material. Completely smooth, lacking a spattered appearance where he touched the ground, he looked like a little mount, although his head curved forward and was rounded. No mouth was visible, although two bright indigo blue eyes, which looked like gem stones, were present, their purpose obvious. No other organ was visible, thankfully. Samuel sprouted two stubby arms, although they were short, and didn't even have fingers of any sort. He could produce them, if he needed to, but for now, they were there for the sake of being arms. Bright patterns appeared on the very surface of his body, pure yellow and pure blue waves that were simply abstract. He looked like a blown-glass sculpture, this way, and despite being a kind of blob, Samuel was distinctly not hideous or gelatinous, as one might expect. He didn't seem to be made of goo or slime, and in fact, nothing about his look was scary. It was actually found by most people to be extremely cute and adorable. He looked up at Tally, "Well, this is what I actually look like." He said, the voice coming from him, although there wasn't a mouth to form the words.

Hugh folded his arms, "Well, if you're changing into your true form, Glasswork, then I'm guessing she's a meta-human, like us." He scowled, "I wish I had known that earlier, I can't believe I didn't figure that out." He muttered. Samuel turned to him, "Well, you were freaked out, let's face it, you don't exactly think clearly when you're running for your life. Nobody wanted to say what we were out loud, that's kind of dangerous in a crowded place like the Carnival." Hugh raised one eyebrow, "And turning into a greyhound where dogs aren't allowed isn't?" He asked. Samuel might have frowned, but his eyes were enough expression, "Admittedly, not one of my better ideas. I probably should have thought that over, first, normally I wouldn't be that careless."
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:08 pm

"Faith. Thanks for being nice enough to give her your number." Nick replied, a small hint of sarcasm in his voice. However he couldn't help but smile a little bit. "I got your number from her phone. But I have some respect for her power now. Just imagine what she could do with it if she got angry. That's some Watchdogs CENSORED right there. Watchdogs was a game he had been playing recently, about a man who had hacked control over every electronic in the city and was using it for... Well, he didn't know. He hadn't gotten that far in the game yet.

Nick listened intently to Caden as he talked, thinking that he was quite strange in the way he was talking, almost repeating him. It was strange, but he would humor him for now. He could almost feel Caden's smile from his side of the phone. It was comforting that he had shared the lust for knowledge his potential mentor did at one point, but it also drew a small shiver from him. He knew Caden was far from normal. He hoped that wasn't what he meant, and he hoped he wouldn't loose himself if he went through with this. He would rather have his sanity than knowledge to quench his curiosity. Then again, what was worse? Living with the constant question of not knowing what he was, or not knowing who he used to be. He cleared those thoughts from his head. How did he even know that was going to happen? He didn't, and it was just childish worry. Caden was talking again, so now it was time to listen. Caden was expecting him to inform others about metas if he informed him. That would be easy. "Of course!" Nick said almost as soon as Caden finished. "I will have Faith call some every confirmed Meta-human and bring them together. I'll teach them everything you teach me."

"I'm open to anything you have to offer." Nick said in response to Caden's idea of arranging something. "Making history..? This is bigger than I thought isn't it? I dont have any exact place in mind right now, I can meet you anywhere of you're choosing." He said, starting to get a grasp on how big this could be. He was fortunate enough to have connections through Faith and a good enough relationship with Caden for him to consider allowing him to be a part of it. He would pass on his knowledge to them once Caden had taught him more about Meta humans. "I can go anywhere you want. Just name somewhere... Hold on a second." He turned for a moment to look at Faith and winked at her before giving the thumbs up. He put his hand on the speaking of his phone to talk to Faith without interrupting or distracting Caden.

"I'll tell you what the plan if for me when I get off the phone, and you tell me what your plan is when you get off. Then, we'll get the hell ut of this place. That sound okay?" He asked, and gave her a few seconds to respond (assuming she will say something). When she finished, he pulled his phone back up to his ear. "Okay, back." he said, telling Caden he was back and ready to listen.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:36 am

Sage

After some rather nervous thoughts and plenty of marching. The pair made their way out of the park. They were directly out of the west entrance. Ray wasn't anywhere near them. Which was no surprise to Sage, since he was always the type that'd strike out alone. He's probably heading home or going somewhere else. Which is something that Sage (And Emily) should do now. It truly didn't want to deal with the situation back there. Because it was so scared and confused, that it didn't want to deal with various strangers asking questions about what happened... And possible news crews doing the same. Just something that it didn't want to deal with. Though, Sage had the feeling that this will follow him. Especially with the rich background that it comes from. Then it realized that it was just standing here doing nothing. It started lightly stroking it's blonde hair again, "So, uh, do you still want to go to the carnival or...?" It blankly states. "Ray will be fine. He does this a lot, in case you are wondering...."

Caden

TheⓍperator wrote:
"Of course!" Nick said almost as soon as Caden finished. "I will have Faith call some every confirmed Meta-human and bring them together. I'll teach them everything you teach me."

The conversation was going swimmingly and everything that Caden wanted was occurring. He looked back to a short time ago, when they were likely on the road to becoming enemies with him. Now they are allies in his eyes. They don't even need to become apart of his up and coming organization to be useful in his eyes. Nick AND Faith could be quite useful as secret members of his group. As he had the feeling the people after him are going to be a nuisance and they don't need to be caught up in it. "Good..." Another smile crept on his face, "Make sure that they pass the message too. Ha..." Caden broke off into a short burst of laughter.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"I'm open to anything you have to offer." Nick said in response to Caden's idea of arranging something. "Making history..? This is bigger than I thought isn't it? I dont have any exact place in mind right now, I can meet you anywhere of you're choosing."

Caden got even more excited upon hearing this through the phone. These two are closer into his hands as he thinks. All he has to do is set the terms. Perhaps even leak Nick a bit about his motives in all of this. "Now, now, I do have big plans for not just us, the whole world. I've spent a significant part of my life surrounded by Meta-humans, and I have learned such terrible things have happened to the unlucky. In addition to all the great things that we are capable of. Heh. I fight to take Meta-humans out of the shadows and make them the dominant species on the planet... Though any means necessary." He started laughing. This was the only thing that Caden wanted to do in life--- Bringing this goal to his grave if necessary. Make Meta-humans the rulers of the planet. Doing anything that's available to him. Then he can die peacefully, by his own hand, when he is ready. Those goals are very far away, and he should thinking about the now.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"I can go anywhere you want. Just name somewhere... Hold on a second."

After being told to hold on, Caden stood silently, and impatiently. Young child... Do you think I am worthy of waiting for you...? He thinks to himself, keeping silent about it. The last thing he needed was to push them away. When Nick returned, he was ready to speak, "I am quite versatile on where we can go. Anywhere you choose. Just let it be... Secluded..." Caden didn't want this alliance they're forming to come to light any time soon. Not his current allies or his enemies. "... Speaking of which, young child: I would highly prefer if you and your female-friendm keep quiet about this. I have people following me, as you can see, and I have the distinct feeling as if your friends won't appreciate knowing this.... It's for the best of all of us." It was obvious that Nick was going to say yes.

Charles

"Hey, do you know who Damien and Neal are?  Those are the names of two of the people that were around the place at the fight.... I'm pretty sure one of the names is of the knife throwing guy, but I don't know which."

Charles curiously peered towards Neal. Yup, got one of them maniacs right here. He humorously thinks to himself as he slightly wonders why Neal is still even here. They simply just don't "click" like Charles, Nick and Faith do. If anything, Charles is probably going to walk away from Neal. He keeps his phone to his ear, and cups it with his hand. He whispers into his phone, "Neal is right here, I think. The knife-dumb@ss is the other guy." Neal would likely hear this with his cat powers.

"Sounds good.  I might have to ask Nick, though. He's talking to some dude on his phone right now."

Other guy... Charles thinks to himself. He was almost wondering who Nick was talking to, but if Faith didn't tell him, then it was likely she didn't know. Or wanted to tell him. He wasn't going to lose sleep over his own personal theories. He just says, "Mhm." into the phone

"No. I could call Jaylen and everyone who was at the fight... but Jack I don't even want to know where he is and the two girls I had never gotten a chance to ask them about their numbers and haven't really seen them since before the fight."

"Can't blame you for not wanting that Jack-@ss anywhere near us." Charles jokingly says to Faith. Now that Jack is no where to be found, Charles can finally talk sh*t about him behind his back. As for Jaylen, Natasha, and Amanda, Charles will find them later. They just need to have this conversation before he does anything. "Alright. I will call my friend now and I'll call you shortly. Bye." Immediately Charles hangs up before Faith could say bye back. The very first thing that he thought of was adding Faith to his contacts. This is important. After she was added to his contacts, he nonchalantly looked up at Neal. "Um, I have to.... Gooooooo...." He trails off as he takes slow steps backwards and eventually turns around to walk away.

((Ugh. Had to rush Charles's perspective. FORGIVE ME CELO. I'll do Tally later))

Tally

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am

Faith listened to Charles talk. Wait, he was with Neal? She had no idea who the guy was but it still seemed like a large coincidence. Hadn't Caden said something about meta humans being drawn to each other? She wondered slightly if the reasoning had something to do with it. She noticed that Nick wanted to talk to her had placed her cell phone on mute while Charles was agreeing with her dislike for her step brother.

Faith blushed a little when Nick winked at her but nodded back. "Sounds good. I think my conversation is about to end, anyways."

Faith un-muted The iPhone just as Charles was saying bye. "Bye," she said to the now dead phone line before turning back to Nick. She an Charles hadn't really thought of any plan or anything. Maybe Nick had an idea formed with Caden or something.

---
Neal
---
Neal had heard bits an pieces of the conversation. He knew that whoever Faith was she was with Nick and they were about to leave the carnival. He knew that the duo on the other end of the phone an Charles were planning a meeting of some sorts. Also that the girl had a lot of people's names... Including his own, yet she didn't know him? Neal frowned. Was the girl some sort of creeper or something? It was then Charles hung up and began walking away.

"See ya," Neal said with a forced smile. He wasn't sure why he had stuck around such a pointless conversation. It was annoying and had waste all his time. Neal sighed as he began walking to the park, still wondering why he had even given a second thought about all the people at the big meta human fight.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Tally

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Seems like a good place, lots of room. You even got furniture and lighting in here."

As Hugh talked, a small smirk crept on Tally's face. This place was pretty good, just for her to stay in when she's not out on business. She started walking away and leaned up against the nearest wall with her arms crossed and that same smirk on her face. "Yeah. The place ain't the best, but it's the only place I could find like this. Best part is, no one comes around here. Except for the occasional junkie that comes around to shoot up."

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, I'm glad we can talk here, I was really tired of having to stay in one form."

Tally was interested in seeing what Samuel's "true" form exactly is. She raised her head and looked directly at the young Korean boy. Never for a moment did she take her eyes off of him. Then his transformation commenced. The first thing that occurred was his change of skin, and seemingly dissolving into a puddle of sorts. This caused her to get the initial impression that he's a goo-based Meta-human. After he reformed he had a transparent appearance, with no organs visible (Which also gave her the idea that he functions differently from humans) and looked very glass-like. Samuel had two hilarious looking arms, and glowing blue eyes. In essence; Tally has made friends with a blob. She couldn't resist laughing a little bit. While any other girl would be horrified or disturbed a bit by this, Tally found this kind of stuff entertaining--- And interesting. She spoke nonchalantly under her breath, "Now, that was cool." Before she nodded in respect.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, this is what I actually look like." He said, the voice coming from him, although there wasn't a mouth to form the words.

"Didn't see that coming, Blob. You look kinda cute, like something you'd see in cartoons." Tally spoke with a warm half-smile on her face. Blob was her nickname for him, and as many could tell, it was pretty fitting. Samuel did look much more interesting in this form than he did while a dog (Which she thought was extremely degrading, especially with the leash he had on) and especially while he was a human. Her Telepathy gave her a bit more insight on his power--- Though, she could easily guess what he can do without mind reading. "I guess you can turn into anything you want... Blob?"

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, if you're changing into your true form, Glasswork, then I'm guessing she's a meta-human, like us." He scowled, "I wish I had known that earlier, I can't believe I didn't figure that out." He muttered. Samuel turned to him, "Well, you were freaked out, let's face it, you don't exactly think clearly when you're running for your life. Nobody wanted to say what we were out loud, that's kind of dangerous in a crowded place like the Carnival." Hugh raised one eyebrow, "And turning into a greyhound where dogs aren't allowed isn't?" He asked. Samuel might have frowned, but his eyes were enough expression, "Admittedly, not one of my better ideas. I probably should have thought that over, first, normally I wouldn't be that careless."

The initial bickering between the pair really bored Tally. Hugh, you seem to be denser than ten feet of brick wall... Don't disappoint me, okay? She thought to herself. If Hugh's already figuring out that she's a Meta-human then he must be slow to catch up on things. His partner, Samuel, had already stated that she's friendly--- After absolutely no talking, and she only whistled the whole time. Of course she would have guessed that she's a meta-human, but it really didn't matter now that it's revealed. Tally rolled her eyes up into her head with an innocent look on her face, "Look boys, you're both pretty." She sarcastically says. "You would have never met me if you didn't do that. So, there's that." Blatantly showing off your powers, that is. Tally says in a very taunting tone. Before she could provide exposition on her power, the cellphone in her pocket started to ring. She immediately disregarded them, letting them continue bicker as she dug into her pocket for her cellphone. Tally looked at the phone screen to see who's calling. "Oh, excuse me for a sec. Could you two bicker... A little quieter?"

It is Charles, Tally tilted her head slightly in confusion before answering and putting the phone to her ear. "Hey? Tally here."

Charles & Tally

Charles was alone. No Neal, and especially no psychopaths that are seemingly gunning for them. This was perfect. He looked around, before pushing his glasses up to his head. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, he went through his contacts until he found Tally. He called her and put the phone to his ear. Looking around curiously to see if there's anyone nearby--- Aside from people wandering around, the coast is clear. Tally answered the phone, like she usually does and Charles decided to make some brief small talk before getting to the point. It's best that you don't start off any conversation with a request. "Hey, Tally. How are you doing...?" A boring start to the conversation. Hopefully, he can bring up her hideout.

"Oh, if it isn't DJ Charles. Shouldn't you be turnin' tables at some rich prick's party?" Tally says humorously as she looked up at her guests.

"Hahahaha... The next party is tomorrow. I think I'll be tearing it up... Right now I'm just walking around... Doing the usual." Charles inserts with a laughing smile, "So, uh, what are you up to?" This conversation wasn't going to go anywhere if he gets caught up in bragging about his skills as a DJ. He choose to ask to what she's doing to determine if it's a good time to ask to use her hideout. If she isn't there, then they definitely can use it.

"I'm accommodating these two lovely guests I found earlier today... Why? Oh, do you want to hang, Charlie?" Tally tauntingly says, as she looked up at Hugh and Samuel.

Charles nonchalantly looks around, moving nothing but his eyes, before saying, "Yes... And no." He starts off. It's now or never. "I kinda need a nice quiet place for a talk with my two friends here. Can we, uh, use your place? We'll be out of the way, I promise you, we'll even talk in the bathroom if you'd like. We just really need to have this talk."

What followed was silence. Tally didn't say a single word for a minute. To Charles, it felt like an hour of silence. "Alright. Cool. All of you can come when you're ready." Tally quickly says, before abruptly hanging up the phone. The first thing that Tally did was get up from off the wall and walk over to Hugh and Samuel. It was imperative that she tells them that people are coming. Even if she knows Charles is a Meta-human. The plan she had here was wait for Charles and his friends to finish their conversation, get Charles to stay, then reveal her (Their) Meta-human status to him. It was the perfect plan. Tally spoke in a sweet tone, "Alright. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine--- Who's also a Meta-human. He wants to come here so he can talk with his friends. Because this is the only place he could think of, apparently.. Sometimes I wonder if he just wants to come around here just to see me." After saying that, Tally blushed slightly, "You two should pull yourselves together and... Dunno, look natural. I think they might freak out if they see a blob monster slithering around. People usually get scared when they see that." Tally says to Samuel, sarcastically as always.

After Tally hung up the phone, Charles tried to say something, but realized that she had hung up. He just shook his head and pressed on. He would have to make it across the river, all the way to the Westside, to make it to Tally's place. It would be quite the walk, he was probably going to stop using the bus and take a cab for once. He started walking forward with his hands in his pockets. Charles then remembered that he was supposed to phone Faith once he gets things cleared up. He reached into his pocket, and called Faith, and put the phone up to his ear. Before she could answer, he spoke, "Oh, uh, hey Faith. I checked in with that friend of mine. She said that we can use her hideout to talk. It's an abandoned roller rink in the Westside district of the city... But, we should meet somewhere first before heading there. There's a Dunkin Doughnuts around there... Let me text you it." Charles then sent Faith a text message with the address to the Dunkin' Doughnuts that he wanted to meet at. Now, he awaited her response.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Hugh & Samuel

The little blob nodded, "Okay, then, hey, how about we play a little trick on these guys, then?" He said, his eyes suddenly devious. Hugh grinned slightly, although his expression was half-hidden by his sunglasses. Even though he was indoors and it seemed strange that he was wearing them here, he hadn't tried to take them off yet. He turned to Tally, "I've seen this before, that's how he revealed his status to me, in fact. I was trying to sweep off the back porch, and I left to go get window cleaner. When I came back, the broom was alive." Samuel burst into laughter at this, remembering the look on Hugh's face. Hugh turned back to Samuel, "As embarrassing as that was, in hindsight that was hilarious. I don't know if you want to do that, though, we don't know these guys, or their powers. If you scare someone, and they think you're going to hurt them, you might get blasted with lightning, or something crazy along those lines."

Samuel made a sighing sound, "Okay, you have a point. I guess I can't convince you to take off your glasses, for once?" He asked, somewhat hopefully. He hadn't seen Hugh's eyes the entire time he had known him, but they had always met in places where others could see his face. Hugh frowned at the idea, of all the aspects of his mutations, he was the most sensitive regarding his eyes, which no longer looked fully human. "Well, I suppose, but I don't see what's normal about my eyes. How about we just wait for everyone to know our meta-human status before we reveal any dramatic physical changes?" Samuel, aware that Hugh was trying to stall, shrugged, "Fine, I'll change back to a human again." He said. "But when everyone knows, I want to see why you wear them." He quickly formed himself back into a little Korean boy, his mouth forming a frown.

It was obvious that while Hugh and Samuel knew each other and considered themselves friends, they didn't know one another as close friends did.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 am

Mr Allen J wrote:
"So, uh, do you still want to go to the carnival or...?" It blankly states. "Ray will be fine. He does this a lot, in case you are wondering...."

Emily started blankly for a few moments, she had temporarily forgotten about the carnival. "Uh sure, I don't see why not." The anxiety of nearly having to use her power in public had since faded. "There's fluffy sugary stuff there, I could use some about now." She clasped her hands behind her back and shuffled from side to side. "It always smells so good when I walk by, but I've always been too afraid to go alone. I don't like crowds..." Her expression then brightened. "But now I've got you!" she exclaimed leaping joyfully in the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next