Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
Maxx
Mr Allen J
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

The few seconds of silence seemed to go on forever after Ray revealed his determination. She really didn't have anything to say in response to that, she was still fixated on the letter sticking out of his pocket. Would it be rude to ask who it was addressed to? Maybe he was off to the post office now.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Well. I need to ask them a few questions about something..."

Well that just made her more curious about Ray and his motives for searching for the rich kids. Maybe she was just looking too far into the matter. She noticed he got very quiet again, another awkward silence. How was she supposed to respond to that? What kinda stuff? Is this super serious? But that just seemed too invasive.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Hey Merry... What's your last name?"

Well that was kinda sudden. Why on earth was he asking for her last name? Maybe he wanted to try and find her on facebook or some other social media site. Or maybe he was just trying to make some normal, not at all suspicious, conversation with her. Either way Merry didn't see any harm in telling him her last name, but she would have to be quick to avoid another awkward silence with the man.

"Richards." She said clearly. "Merry Richards."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Capri

In the river, there was a ripple as something peeked above the water, its dark eyes suddenly glinting white in the morning sun, focusing on where the bright orb of light had been a moment before. That was oddly familiar, and so was the individual standing there. The strange face suddenly dove beneath the waves, and then appeared closer to the shore, where the creature could examine the person more closely. It raised its head and long neck out of the water. "Sage, I thought there was something familiar about that light. Weird that we keep running into one another, isn't it?" Frillerfang said, tilting her head to one side.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:51 am

Faith jumped the moment she heard a voice behind her and Nick, dropping her iPhone on the concrete. Even though the voice had been obviously male,she had still panicked thinking Angela or was behind them. Faith cursed under her breath, though it was too quiet for people to hear, as she picked up her iPhone. Thank goodness for otter boxes, otherwise the cellphone would have been a goner. She put the device back in her bag before turning around to face whoever spoke to them.

At first she was afraid it was going to be another creeper, but instead it was a normal teenage guy, a bit older then her an Nick. Wait, he was asking about what had happened?  Great, he had seen the scene with the Caden dude and Angela and all them. He probably thought she and Nick were weirdos or something now.   Faith scolded herself as usual in her mind. Wait, she needed to answer

"I, um.... Confused myself, it's... Weird." she was still talking quietly, but at least she didn't feel as nervous as she did at the awkward situation at the park. A sudden thought came into Faith's mind that she tried to keep from laughing about- was there really almost a fight over some creepy shadow dude named Caden?  She manage not to laugh but a small smile was on her face.  She hoped the guy that was talking to her and Nick didn't think anything about it. Wait, the guy had included another question at the end, right?

"yeah, they did seem crazy."
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Ray

Dragonbud wrote:
"Richards." She said clearly. "Merry Richards."

Now I swore I've seen that name before... Ray slanted his head slightly, and stroked his chin. He was thinking about where he's seen that name. It had to be very recently, though. There had to be one explanation to this. He raised his head and looked directly at Merry. There's no way that she can be on... Like me. Ray knew that anyone can become a Meta-human. Crippled and near defenseless girls aren't really an exception. He grabbed all the letters that he had stuffed into his pockets, and held them in both hands. He started going through each and every letter, until he saw the name: Merry Richards. This had to be legit, Merry is a Meta-human. Just like Ray... Maybe not exactly like him--- But, close enough. What her power was? He was about to find out. He singled out the letter for Merry and put the rest away, keeping her letter in his right hand. He raised his head and looked directly at Merry.

"This is... For you." Ray hands Merry her invitation letter to the Sparrowdale academy. Hoping to see how she reacts.

Sage

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Sage, I thought there was something familiar about that light. Weird that we keep running into one another, isn't it?" Frillerfang said, tilting her head to one side.

Sage naturally took a few steps back when the Frillerfang approached him from the shore. He was still unsure of the shark girl. Especially since they keep running into each other like this. It's like they're being drawn to each other. Funny that happens twice, in less than a day. Sage nonchalantly coughed. Before looking around the Frillerfang to the other side of the river. People could see both of them if they looked. It decided to fix that. Sage pointed it's finger directly forward and shot a white beam of light, which stopped a few feet behind Frillerfang. It momentarily appeared to have formed a near-transparent shield, until it disappeared. From their perspective, it would have been nothing, but, if someone looked they would have seen nothing but a quiet, deserted inlet. With no Angels or Fish monsters. "Good. Now they can't see us." Sage says, mentally patting himself on the back. "Now we can talk... So, you're quite a ways away from the ocean. What brings you around these parts?"

Charles

Celo wrote:
"I, um.... Confused myself, it's... Weird."

Charles nonchalantly coughed. He could easily see that Faith is nervous. Probably from that situation they were just in. He couldn't blame her--- But, the other guy was just quiet. Just like Charles wasn't there to the guy. "Yeah..."

Celo wrote:
"yeah, they did seem crazy."

Charles didn't know what to really say. Just to stop the awkward silence that would come, he introduced himself, "So, um, I'm Charles Blackmore. I run by the names Disco, and Vantez." He smirked, like he was proud of something. "You may have heard of me if you two attend a lot of... parties?"

Last edited by Mr Allen J on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Capri

Frillerfang produced a slight cough-laugh. "The salinity of water has no effect on my health. It doesn't matter if it's fresh or brine, I can withstand either form. I never swam exclusively in the ocean, although I typically go there at night because there's less activity. I sleep just like every other living creature, and I need to be careful about where I choose to float when I do so, the last thing I need is to be hit by a boat propeller, or found by scuba divers." She shook her head, scattering a few droplets of water. "Well, that set aside, I'm here because I'm trying to catch a substantial meal. The fish up river taste far better than the ones near the inlet."
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Merry's eyebrows furrowed together as he sorted through the letters. She hid her confusion behind silence, there was no way that he had a letter for her. Maybe her father, but no way one for her. Maybe he was just going to show her something cool, or her last name was some sort of coincidence. Merry tired to peek at what the letters were, or who else they were addressed to, but she proved too short to clearly make out what they were. Her confusion, and to be honest a bit of excitement, only grew when he handed her one of the letters. Clearly printed on it was: Miss Merry Richards and Sparrowdale Academy . How odd, she didn't recall applying to a school called Sparrowdale, she would have remembered a name like that.

She looked up at Ray, who was already looking down at her, and then looked to the letter. It seemed like he wanted her to open it, so why not. She pried her fingernail under the seal, which looked too official to be some prank, and slid out the letter. She set the now empty envelope on her lap and unfolded the letter, quickly reading it over. Her breath caught in her throat when she read the words School for Mutants. She frantically looked from the letter to Ray and back again, trying to look like it was not bothering her. What the hell is this? Merry thought and she began to stuff the letter back in the envelope. Who the hell is this guy?

"So...How did you come across these letters Ray?" Merry asked, doing a good job at keeping her cool.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am

"Well.. To be quite frank, I think we met an amateur child molester and two wannabe mercenaries, coupled with the Watcher." Nick spoke finally, in a dry way to respond to Charles' question. He cracked a small smile. He recognized this guy. He knew for a fact he wasn't going to be messing with them in a bad way like Caden was. "It's been a pleasure to meet you, Charles. I've been wanting to for a while." Charles was the prince of parties. He knew people all over Black fall. Rumor had it that he was even in cahoots with the police. Going as far as to invite them. Although, he had never actually been to any of his parties. But he had wanted to.

"My name is Nick, and this is my friend Faith." He said, introducing the girl beside him for her. He knew that she was a bit introverted, and wasn't used to being talked to. He would be happy to say that he would be the one to help her open up. "But yes, they did have that feel to them, didn't they?" He said, sighing. He was happy he had shifted the attention away from them. He was also happy that he didn't need to use his powers physically. It made him look innocent when he collapsed a spine or something. He liked to think of his power as the force. He was a living Yoda. He could probably make it big on youtube if he wanted... yeah, he should try that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 am

Charles

TheⓍperator wrote:
"Well.. To be quite frank, I think we met an amateur child molester and two wannabe mercenaries, coupled with the Watcher."

Charles listened closely. He almost smirked at the "amateur child molester" comment. There was nothing else of note that Nick said to Charles--- Other than the mention of the Watcher. From what he's heard, the Watcher was a vigilante that killed the bad guys. He had always thought that the guy was nothing but an urban legend. That was used to sway people from crime. If these two saw him then hats off to them. Charles naturally had nothing to worry about from the Watcher. All he did was DJ parties... Of underaged kids drinking, grinding, and sexing their brains away. What the parties contained wasn't his issue, all he really needed to do was provide music, and get paid. Occasionally if things get too out of control: he would do the right thing and phone the police when no one's looking... That's just about it.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"It's been a pleasure to meet you, Charles. I've been wanting to for a while."

This line inflated Charles's ego a bit. He had an overly happy face (With a forced and cheesy smile) and put his right hand behind his head. He closed his eyes and said, "Oh, why thank you. Glad to meet you too..." Charles had no idea who this guy was. He heard a name like Nick or something. Before opening his eyes and returning to his usual disposition, with his hands at his side and standing straight up. He nonchalantly coughed again, covering his cough with his fist.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"My name is Nick, and this is my friend Faith."

"Ah, nice to meet you two, too." Charles always found some fun out of meeting new people, even if they were never going to meet again. He always thought it'd be nice. He shrugged for a moment.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"But yes, they did have that feel to them, didn't they?"

Charles didn't really have anymore to say to them about the group of weirdos he saw before. He was more interested in them right now. Of course this didn't stop him from making one last closing statement, "Yeah. It's a good thing that you got away from them when you did. Who knows what they would have done if you didn't." Charles says with a warm, friendly smile growing on his face. Hopefully this'll be the end of that conversation. His eyes went to Nick, then Faith, then back to Nick. It felt like there was something he's forgotten... Oh, yes. He still has a power stored in him. It was always a good idea to put his powers away when he's not using them.

"Um, one moment." Charles says to both of them, raising a finger in a gesture to wait. He reached into his pockets, and obviously looked like he was looking for something. After he found it, his toy Dora The Explorer watch, he pulled it out of his pocket. He's developed ways to keep his pocket a secret, and transfer powers in broad daylight. He brought the watch closer to his face  and stared at it for a few moments, like he was trying to find out the time. Except, most would notice that he could have already have figured out the time by now and more. A green energy visibly traveled down his arm from his shoulder, to his watch. It was very fast, but those with quick wits would notice it easily. The energy was stored inside of his watch, leaving him effectively powerless, until he needs another power. Charles put the watch back into his pocket and his attention went back to Faith and Nick. "Soo...." He says, looking for a subject that didn't involve those strange people.

Ray

Ray payed close attention to Merry after he handed her the letter. Just to see what her reaction would be like. It wasn't a good reaction, from what he could tell. She started looking up at him, and back at the letter, seemingly upset. Ray scratched the back of his neck. If he wasn't wearing such large sunglasses, Merry would notice him rolling his eyes up into his head. This was a sure sign that she's a Meta-human, him discovering it was probably something she hadn't intended. His eyes then peered off to the side, awkwardly. He was unsure of if he should say anything--- There IS something he'd like to say. Just that he didn't know if he should say it. Especially since there's people. Fortunately, Merry said something to break the silence. Ray took a bite out of his apple.

Dragonbud wrote:
"So...How did you come across these letters Ray?" Merry asked, doing a good job at keeping her cool.

"I found them at the place I was looking for..." Ray coughs, "They were in this vase that obviously looked too much out of my own family's own pay grade." Ray had inadvertently gave Merry a clue what his mission is. By the time he realized it, he didn't exactly care. There was something he felt like he should do. He closed his eyes, and inhaled, mentally preparing himself for what he was going to tell Merry. He took another bite of his apple. Before speaking, "Merry... I ..." God D*mmit, why can't I figure this out? For a moment, Ray felt like he was trying to share his feelings for Merry. A curse of being less than social. He paused for a few seconds. Until he just cut the bullcrap and just went straight to the point, he closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air. "Listen, if that's for you that means one thing; you're a mutant. A mutant like me. Yeah, I said it. I'm a mutant." His eyes looked around the area. People were just passing them by, ignoring them. It was something that Ray enjoyed when he's out. Being ignored. Unlike some people he wasn't the type who'd like being the center of attention.

Sage

ViperaUnion wrote:
"The salinity of water has no effect on my health. It doesn't matter if it's fresh or brine, I can withstand either form. I never swam exclusively in the ocean, although I typically go there at night because there's less activity. I sleep just like every other living creature, and I need to be careful about where I choose to float when I do so, the last thing I need is to be hit by a boat propeller, or found by scuba divers."

More exposition... Sage thinks to itself as he looked around nervously. It didn't exactly want to know all of this. For being a monster of myth around here, you're quite the talker... It thought to itself again. It wasn't going to say any of this because it's such a polite person, so it just stood there quietly (But, still politely).

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Well, that set aside, I'm here because I'm trying to catch a substantial meal. The fish up river taste far better than the ones near the inlet."

This made Sage think of something. "You know, some of the fish in the river are the best tasting fish around here. Better than what most of the restaurants have," It started off, because it didn't want to say quiet during the Frillerfang's exposition, "It think it's because it's all fresh."

((We need to spice this meeting up, Vipes. Give me some time to cook up something...))
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 am

Faith felt some relief when Nick introduced her. He had already caught onto the fact that she wasn't a very sociable person- well, it was more nervousness then anything, and it also isn't hard to tell she had trouble getting used to people. So this is Charles, huh?  She had heard the stories of him and his parties. Fairh never was a big fan of parties, though.  She felt out of place around just one new person who is talking to her, but several is just plain terrifying. If she were to go to a huge party it would be an embarrassing disaster.

At least the Charles guy seemed nice, though. Unlike Caden. Faith watched curiously as Charles held up the watch- Dora the Explorer, something she found secretly amusing- and watched closely as a green stream of what looked like energy flowed into it. If it hadn't been for Faith's sharp eyes she probably wouldn't had seen it. Playing video games did stuff to your reflexes, though. It was almost as i every time a twig snaps you want to turn around and be ready to shoot a gun. Was he really another meta human? Faith tried to shrug off the thought. She was probably imagining things- it had been a long day, so it was a very likely possibility. Faith was still curious, though.  What if she hadn't?

Wait, the guy might walk off if they say nothing of interest, and then she would never be sure. Faith didn't want that- she was too curious about if he had a power.  She had to quickly think of something, right?  Oh, he didn't know her tht well anyways, so why not confront him about it?  If he wasn't a meta human and she just imagined it, oh well. She would feel awkward at a party anyways. Maybe a quick test to see if he were really reading the time?  Sounds good. Faith smiled, "So what time is it?" she asked plainly, voice less nervous since her curiosity currently being used as a driving force, giving her some courage.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Listen, if that's for you that means one thing; you're a mutant. A mutant like me. Yeah, I said it. I'm a mutant."

Merry too glanced around the crowd of people, none of which seemed to be paying any attention. She wasn't sure wither to panic more or accept the fact that someone other then her father and her knew about her power, or at least that she had powers. It was nice to know that someone else knew, without her having to tell him herself. It was just one of those secrets that were hard to bring up or reveal without someone else taking the first step and asking you about it.

However at the same time she had a nagging thought in the back of her head. Maybe this guy wasn't really a mutant like her, maybe he stole the letters and read one. And now he is off looking for the people the letters are addressed to to kidnap them for experiments or something. Merry frowned, stuffing the letter in her pocket.

"Prove it. I wanna see what you can do."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm

((pretty much the video that inspired Jack))

Jack smirked as he walked around the house.  His dad had sent him here to get him out of his hair, he already knew that.  Not like he cared, though.  He just got swiped into another person's life problems.   Ms. Kelson had already left for work, telling him that her daughter- what was her name, Rosemary or something?- would be back shortly.  She said something about how she couldn't survive without video games?  Also she had stated that the girl was very shy.  Jack's smirk grew as he walked into the room he was pretty sure was Rosemary's.  It was always fun to play pranks on shy people- they freak out so much!  There was a bed with neon blue covers to the right of the door, and to the left was a computer desk with a blue laptop sitting on it.  The window's curtains were pulled back, letting in a fresh stream of light into the room.  There was a huge book shelf in the back corner of the room with an array of books and video games on it.  There was also a flat screen TV with an old PS1 plugged up in it.  Funny, you would expect a video gamer to prefer some of the newer gaming versions- oh, there they are.  Right beside the plugged in PS1.  

Jack never understood why people were that much into video games- sure, he had just as much fun as the next person, but he preferred socializing over gaming.  He laid his luggage in the room.  It had been, like the rest of the house, clean.  Jack wasn't the most clean person, though, so he had to quickly add his little touch into the room.  This Rosemary girl had to be a downer or something.... she seemed to only be into gaming and books, judging by her room.  Along with some band called cryoshell? He examined the cryoshell poster above the bed.  he was gonna have to share a room with some person he didn't even know.... this was going to be interesting.  Jack's large smerk grew even more as he saw a picture of who he figured was Rosemary in a picture frame beside the laptop on the desk.  He took out a permanent marker and drew a mustache and unibrow on the girl. Oldest trick in the book, but he added it in to anyone's house he went to- a way of saying, "thank you for letting me stay for a while."

After a while of walking around the house and adding in his own little touched (basically, making a mess) Jack sighed and looked at the clock.  That Rosemary girl should have been back, based on what Ms. Kelson had said.  He grabbed his cell phone and headed out.  No use waiting- he already knew what the girl looked like, so why not go searching for her, himself?  Of course, he was going to get to know the locals while he did so.  Maybe chat with a few girls.... practice some soccer, maybe?  He walked down the sidewalk, passing the park with an impish smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 am

9:21

Charles

Celo wrote:
"So what time is it?" she asked plainly

Charles didn't even consider looking at what the time was. His own stupidity and recklessness had almost revealed his powers. Not now, especially since he's supposed to be searching for his adopted sister himself. For a moment he tensed up and looked very awkward. His eyes went from the left, then to the right. Looking at the people pass them by. Not ever paying attention to three stupid teenagers standing in the park talking to each other. About what really? No one cared. If either of them were very observant, then they would notice the visible silence, and could easily tell he's scrambling together a response. Not much for subtly, eh, Charles? He scolds himself in his head as he pulls out an answer out of his @ss. "Well, um, I don't really know!" He scratches the back of his neck and chuckles slightly, "That watch was broken for months." Anyone worth their salt would realize that Charles was talking out of his @ss.

Ray

Dragonbud wrote:
"Prove it. I wanna see what you can do."

Ray looked around, taking his attention off Merry. Her reaction and her body language did give away that she's a Meta-human, this request reinforced it. He was fine with showing off his power to Merry--- The only problem is that there's a large amount of people here. If he tries creating an energy spawn, then there's no doubt that someone will notice. His powers weren't never subtle--- Which wasn't Ray's strong suite to begin with. But, he likes living with his powers being kept a secret. The bushes, would give them the cover they need. He slanted his head downwards for a moment, before raising his head in a moment of realization. "Alright, I will, not out here though. My powers are too flashy. Those bushes will be fine." Ray didn't waste any time in walking into the bushes. Hopefully Merry would be curious, trusting or dumb enough to follow suite. After he got a little bit away from the crowds of people, and found himself a clearing. This clearing was a near oval shape patch of land, surrounded by trees. Twigs and fallen/dead leaves littered the ground. Ray stood in the center of the clearing, and demonstrated his powers. He grasped the half-eaten apple in his hand, and threw it high up into the air, at high speeds. As it soared through the air, Ray stayed insanely focused on the apple, and predicted where it would go. After the apple reached a certain distance, he extended his right arm straight out, with a catching hand motion. The air rippled in the path of the apple, and out of the ripple came a dark-blue telekinetic construct, a perfect copy of Ray's right arm. It caught the apple. Ray liked to call these, "Energy Spawns." Since they're limbs spawned of his telekinetic energy.

Ray smirked. He decided to show off. He did a motion with his arm like he was throwing something. The arm holding the apple shortly threw it in another direction over Ray's head. Then he did the same catching motion, an Energy Spawn. The apple was promptly caught by the Telekinetic-Spawn. Which he did the same throwing motion again and the spawn shortly threw it in another direction. He repeated this process over and over again, basically playing catch with himself. Until he was done with his demonstration, that is. After the apple was thrown one last time, instead of "catching" it, Ray extended his arm straight out and clutched his hand. Like he was going to crush something. A massive ripple in the air formed directly below where the apple was going to go. Then an enormous copy of Ray's arm came out of the ripple and completely crushed the half-eaten apple. It would be impossible to eat, since it was heavily bruised and damaged. "So, what do you think?" Ray says, keeping focus on his now destroyed apple. Unsure of if Merry was nearby or not.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Mr Allen J wrote:
"Alright, I will, not out here though. My powers are too flashy. Those bushes will be fine."

This is just raised her curiosity. She rolled after Ray as quickly as she could, running into a bit of trouble when the sidewalk ended and grass began. Curse grass. Always being there and being green. As Ray prepared himself for his demonstration Merry couldn't help but try to guess his power. Maybe something basic, like fire breathing or extreme strength and flight. Or maybe it was something a little more obscure, like being able to grow and shrink. Merry was almost hoping that his power wasn't too impressive, like making his hair grow longer, because she knew it would be her turn next to show off and didn't want to look bad in comparison.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"So, what do you think?"

Merry's mouth hung open in a mix of amazement and shame. Well, there was no way she could top making arms appear out of nowhere so there goes not looking bad n comparison. "Goodness Gracious." Merry finally was able to squeak out. "That was most likely one of the coolest things I have ever seen."
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Capri

Frillerfang nodded, "Restaurants normally use frozen fish caught elsewhere, and even though there's nothing really wrong with eating it, since they keep it cold and bacteria-free, it still tends to lose its flavor over time. Fresh fish is automatically considered gourmet, no matter how you prepare it..." She frowned, "Wait, I'm straying from the main point, here. What I mean, is that water quality is just like air quality. Humans breathe air, they want it clean, because dirty polluted air smells bad and makes them sick. Same principle applies to water, which for some bizarre reason people are fine with factories dumping their sludge into it. Fish at the river's source are less likely to breathe those chemicals, and there's a big difference in the meat as a result."

Frillerfang's frown became an angry scowl, as though at some unpleasant thought, "Forgive me if I start to rant, but it makes me furious, honestly. I don't care if the water is considered drinkable when filtered, my water ain't filtered, and I breathe it all the time. I have to live in it, and all those factories are dumping scum in what I consider to be my home. I'm not in this river by choice, I ain't built to live on land anymore. I could swim away and leave, but then how will I ever see my parents again? Sometimes, it feels like I'm breathing lemon juice instead of water, I breathe it in, and it burns." She sighed, closed her clear eyelids, and shook her head, as though to clear it, "Sorry, it's a bit of a sensitive topic. It's one of the few troubles I have to deal with anymore. It's sort of hard to understand unless you have gills, too."
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Faith smiled, which is an abnormal thing to do when someone realizes someone else is lying. She was smiling because she was pretty sure now that this Charles guy was a meta human.  Still wanted to be on the safe side though.  "so um... Th-the green light was re-" "Rosemary? Is that you Rosemary?" Faith flinched and turned around slowly when she heard her first name. 

---Jack---

Jack had smirked when he saw the Rosemary girl with the two guys. He decided to have some fun embarrassing the shy girl. He called out to her, making her flinch and slowly face him. "I never thought of you as a socializing type. One of these guys your boyfriend or something, Rosemary?" the girl's face was bright red now.  Jack was enjoying this so far. It was always Amusing seeing people embarrassed. Especially when he was the one causing the embarrassment. 

"u-um... Prefer Faith... Middle name..." ooh, he now knew why she was so embarrassed.  This was comedy gold for Jack. He smirked at Faith, "I'll stick with calling you Rosemary. oh! Where are my manners?" he jokingly bowed as he introduced himself, "name's Jack, your stepbrother.  I'll be staying with you and Ms. Kelson at your house." Faith was now looking like she was about to pass out. "Wh-what?". Jack was laughing on the inside. Too much new information for the poor girl. Really hilarious. He should hav brought a video camera with him and recorded all of this. 
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:19 am

Ray

Dragonbud wrote:
"Goodness Gracious." Merry finally was able to squeak out. "That was most likely one of the coolest things I have ever seen."

Ray smiled, like he had accomplished something great. He did feel like he should describe the rest of his power, and potential. Just to clear up that he doesn't just make arms appear out of no where. "Thanks, Merry. I'm a telekinetic. Except, instead of lifting things; I do stuff like that..."  Could have worded that better, Quinin. Ray thinks to himself, nearly scolding himself, "I don't just do that, I can make any part of my body spawn and it'll copy my exact movement, and I can make them really big. I call them Energy Spawns" She probably thinks I can do that with my... Never mind. "Oh, and I can fly." That was enough talking about his own powers, he wanted to know what her power was, except he felt like she wasn't going to tell. Perhaps he should indulge her on a random subject about them, to make her feel comfortable.

"So, yeah. You won't believe how many Meta-humans I have found around these parts. I even fought against a huge gang of them months back-"   And believe me, it wasn't something that I found 'fun'.  "-You'll find out that even the strangest of people are Meta-humans. With the strangest powers." Ray continued. He wasn't sure of if he should have even said that. "So, what is your power, Merry?" He asked, before looking around to see if anyone was there, "We're alone here. There's nothing to worry about."

Sage

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Restaurants normally use frozen fish caught elsewhere, and even though there's nothing really wrong with eating it, since they keep it cold and bacteria-free, it still tends to lose its flavor over time. Fresh fish is automatically considered gourmet, no matter how you prepare it..." She frowned, "Wait, I'm straying from the main point, here. What I mean, is that water quality is just like air quality. Humans breathe air, they want it clean, because dirty polluted air smells bad and makes them sick. Same principle applies to water, which for some bizarre reason people are fine with factories dumping their sludge into it. Fish at the river's source are less likely to breathe those chemicals, and there's a big difference in the meat as a result."

For a moment, Sage felt like a nice causal conversation would take place about restaurants, fun and other stuff. It knew that it would be a far more enjoyable subject than the Frillerfang rambling about irrelevant things. And just like that, this conversation took a nose-dive. Sage scratched the back of it's neck, and looked around for a moment to check if anyone was nearby. While they were stealthed from the outside, that wouldn't stop anyone from just walking in. Though, at that point, there'd be nothing to do but run. "Yeah, I see what you mean." Sage started off, "Making the water dirty and polluted doesn't make the fish taste any better, yes?"

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Forgive me if I start to rant, but it makes me furious, honestly. I don't care if the water is considered drinkable when filtered, my water ain't filtered, and I breathe it all the time. I have to live in it, and all those factories are dumping scum in what I consider to be my home. I'm not in this river by choice, I ain't built to live on land anymore. I could swim away and leave, but then how will I ever see my parents again? Sometimes, it feels like I'm breathing lemon juice instead of water, I breathe it in, and it burns."

Lemon juice tastes good. Sage thinks to itself. For a moment, it thought about itself and it's current situation. Stuck in a rich family that's widely despised, and feeling like an outcast constantly (People talking, staring, avoiding it). Insane people like Caden (And his cronies) always on it's tail. There was no way for Sage to really get out right now. Running away wouldn't do him too good, and he'd be leaving his friends and life away. They were similar in a way. Both unable to improve their situations (Significantly). However, no one is truly stuck. There is always a way out of the cycle. Sage just needs to wait it out... In regards to the Frillerfang situation, he had no idea. Dumping waste and polluting the rivers has become the norm, unfortunately. It'll be difficult for her to help her rivers--- But, never impossible. "I know what you mean... Feeling trapped." Sage says, "Not in the way that you are... But, I hope you understand."

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Sorry, it's a bit of a sensitive topic. It's one of the few troubles I have to deal with anymore. It's sort of hard to understand unless you have gills, too."

It is hard to understand unless it has gills. Fortunately, it has something better, wings. It regarded itself a king of the sky. "It is quite hard... Because I have wings."

Charles

Celo wrote:
"so um... Th-the green light was re-" "Rosemary? Is that you Rosemary?" Faith flinched

Crap!  Charles think to himself as he quickly tried to scramble up a response. This Faith girl, while shy, was persistent, and wasn't shy enough to ask these questions. For a moment it felt like he was going have to do... Something. Run, ignore the subject, anything really. Fortunately some boy came along in the nick of time and gave Charles the subject change he needed. "Rosemary?" he asked, wondering if he meant Faith. Before he turned to the newcomer and did the usual; examined him from top to bottom. Jack, looked about a year older than himself, and was quite taller than him. He had a slight tan, and generally looked unremarkable. Jack and Faith had a little conversation, it was obvious that the two of them knew each other. Whether they were friends, family or something else; was something that he would have to find out himself. He listened in on the conversation.

Celo wrote:
"I never thought of you as a socializing type. One of these guys your boyfriend or something, Rosemary?"

Charles looked away for a moment, blushing slightly. Before he peaked at Faith for a moment. Them? Boyfriend and Girlfriend? Nah. Faith really wasn't the type of person that Charles was into. She would probably make a good friend (If they get that far), other than that, their relationship should and will remain platonic. He was into "adventurous" girls, however. He nonchalantly coughed before.

Celo wrote:
"u-um... Prefer Faith... Middle name..."

Now, this just confirmed Charles thought that Rosemary was her first (or last) name. Faith was nothing but a nickname. Other than that, he had nothing to really think.

Celo wrote:
"name's Jack, your stepbrother.  I'll be staying with you and Ms. Kelson at your house."

This confused Charles for a moment. If they have to introduce themselves then who is... A little lost here. He thought to himself as he tried to wrap his fingers around this whole scene. After a minute or so, Charles choose not to, and just listen along until they were finished. Which, came quick since Faith just looked mortified upon receiving this news. He had no idea who these people are, and what their lives are like--- And at the moment, he couldn't really care. This was confusing him a bit. So, he decided to try his best to steer this conversation in the direction of something he can understand. He took a few steps back and his eyes examined everything that was in front of him. Before he coughs again. Charles turned to Jack, and put his hand out for a friendly handshake, "Hey, I'm Charles Blackmore. I'm a young, up and rising DJ... You may have heard of me." Now Charles sounded like an egomaniac.

Count Vicious

Coming soon...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:56 am

Capri

Frillerfang tilted her head to one side, "Flying is a wonderful thing, to have wings that can keep you in the air for as long as you wish. I have the ability to glide using my fins, I have done it before, but how long or far has many more factors, including the fact that I have to angle back down to the water for another leap if I want to continue. It's pretty much the standard ability of a flying fish, except flying fish don't have to worry about being spotted by something above water. I still do it if no one is around, though. I'll go out further into the ocean on a clear night, get a good liftoff, and then just look up at the stars the entire time." Fillerfang had a distant look on her face, at this. "Sometimes, I wish I were some sort of space fish. I could just go out and swim around the stars, actually see what planets orbit them, maybe see a nebula. It's cold, though, and there's no real life out there that I would probably want to meet."

She focused again, "Truth be known, leaving this river has been tempting for years. As all fish seem to feel this way, I seek the freedom of the water beneath me. I have some of the best abilities fish can possess, and I think if I wanted to, I could survive in the deepest trenches. I could see something humans have never explored before, and say I survived in one of the most hostile environments on Earth. I would go live in the doldrums, I could dive deep when the storms came, and then come up and see the surface when it was safe and calm. The water there is sometimes so peaceful, I hear that it reflects the sky like a mirror. Imagine being in a place like that. It seems like a dream, to me."

It was so simple, that anyone would dream of seeing a part of the globe that was nothing but vast, seemingly endless ocean. Yet, it was understandable, that Frillerfang could have freedom from human interference in a place like that. She could explore the deep when the weather was bad, and then see the surface when it was calm. For a human, the doldrums were a dangerous place, because storms could be dangerous. For a fish, however, storms were not a threat to those who dove down deep enough to avoid the surface currents.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:50 am

Faith had not been expecting the last part from this Jack guy. Her step brother?  Her dad had mentioned her having one a couple times named Jackson, is this really him?  She really didn't feel well. Her face felt really hot at the moment from blushing from what the Jack guy had been saying. She had a dislike for her first name, for some reason. Then the boyfriend comment was just awkward. If Jack really was going to be staying at her house, she was going to be dead in the next 24 hours, probably.  

Faith watched as Jack accepte Charles' hand, a mischievious grin on his face. "Nice to meet'cha. I've only been here for about two hours, so I haven't really heard of you.  I'm sure if you're that we'll known around town you must be a really good DJ." Jack smirked. faith noted that it was almost impossible to tell if Jack was being sarcastic or not. Also his clothing made him seem a bit... Off?  It mainly confused her- army pants with a leather jacket?  Then there was his red eyes. Either the guy was a mutant or he was strange enough to want people to think that. All she knew is that she wanted to get away from him while she still could.

Faith turned to Nick and mouthed, "Can we go now?" So that Jack wouldn't hear her. She was curious about whether or not Jack was a mutant, but she was going to have plenty of quality time to spend where she could easily find out.  Seriously, her mom should warn her next time before inviting a strange boy to come over a while.  Somehow Jack knew what Faith had asked Nick and piped up, "where you going, Rosemary?" Her face had just returned to its normal color but it was now a bright red again.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Telekinetic. That was totally cool. Darn it. Some people just mutate lucky. But seeing how many other things Ray could do other then lift stuff up, other then himself because apparently he can fly, made Merry very jealous. It also made her want to seek out the The Skulls even faster. She had seen their work and knew that at least half of them had to be mutants. She was hoping to find them and ask for tutoring lessons, she would even offer to pay them the measly money she makes from working. But to think that there were many more mutants then what she knew, it made her wonder what kind of secrets the everyday man held away from other people in fear.

Mr Allen J wrote:
"So, what is your power, Merry?" He asked, before looking around to see if anyone was there, "We're alone here. There's nothing to worry about."

"Fine. I'll show you my power but you have to promise me you won't laugh." She wheeled herself backwards a bit, giving herself more space between her and Ray. Assuming he said he wouldn't laugh Merry exhaled. The process of her power looked fast and painless. It didn't seem like any skin was breaking, horns just suddenly appeared. Two nubby off white horns sat on her forehead, but figuring she might as well try to show off, and began to grow. The horns increased in length and width, branching off into different sections until they resembled those of a stag beetle. However unlike a stag beetle her horns did not go straight out, they curved slightly upward to keep her from falling over.

Merry looked out of breath and slightly embarrassed. "I can grow horns." She said, trying to regain her strength. This was the largest set of horns she had ever grown and she hadn't practiced in at least a year or so. "You better not laugh." She said with desperately threatening tone.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Nick was about to add into what Faith had asked, by asking why Charles was carrying around a broken Dora the Explorer watch, when some guy came around calling out for a girl named Rosemary. He didn't make a comment until the man came over. Faith's real name, apparently, was Rosemary. Nick began to cough, putting his hand up to his mouth and mumbling "coughJackassalertcough" as he did so. He cleared his throat and turned to face the guy once again. He couldn't have been more wrong. Embarrassing the shy girl on purpose in front of a new person and her friend was wrong. The man then introduced himself as Jack. Oh this was magical. Now he could call him ass! "I'll call you Ass..." He said so that only him and Faith could hear.

Then he went on to ask if him or Charles were dating her. He face palmed at this. This guy was unbelievable. Underneath his hand was a slight blush. Faith was cute, definitely. But he just met her! He took a deep breath and removed his hand. "Name's Nick." Nick said flatly, introducing himself to Jack. Faith then mouthed to him 'Can we leave now?' Nick nodded, when Ass suddenly decided to pipe up, somehow knowing what Faith had asked him. Nick decided that his shoes needed to weigh more. And, just as god said let there be light, it was so. His legs wouldn't generate enough power to lift his feet off the ground. The best part was that it wasn't obvious. He didn't have to do anything but bat and eyelash. He felt bad for Faith that she would have to deal with this guy.

He decided that Charles could probably offer them something to do later on in the day. "Hey, Charles, when's your next party?" He asked. It was something to do. They could escape Jack (Ass) and have a little fun while they were at it. If the carnival was still in town then they could go there.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Charles

Celo wrote:
"Nice to meet'cha. I've only been here for about two hours, so I haven't really heard of you.  I'm sure if you're that we'll known around town you must be a really good DJ."

Charles put his hand on his chin, and gave Jack a narrow stare, looking slightly annoyed or angry. Before a smug smirk crept on up his face and his eyes widened as he looked friendly again. Jack's statement gave him a small-boost to his ego. Of course I'm a really good DJ, the best one you'd find in Black Fall. Charles thinks to himself. He, naturally, wasn't the person all about subtly, "Of course I am pretty good. People say I make the best beats to dance to, and can make a dead party alive." The people around him probably won't appreciate his ego-stroking.

TheⓍperator wrote:
"Hey, Charles, when's your next party?" He asked

Charles just watched as the conversation (Using the broadest definition of that) took place. There was one thing that he could easily guess, and this was easily deduced from years upon years of social interaction: Nick didn't like Jack. That was likely an educated guess because of all that fake coughing, and whispering to Faith. Charles wasn't going to get involved or get in between that. Because one thing he's learned is that he should let these things work themselves out--- Nor should he really care because he just met these people. When he was asked a question, by Nick, he halted for a moment to think. Parties? The next one he could think of off the top of his head was a party going on tomorrow night. For some punk who's parents are gone for an entire day in the "nicer" parts of the Westside borough. He, himself, was unsure of if he was going to DJ there or not. It wasn't set in stone--- And he didn't like the person hosting the party too much. Charles was unsure of what to say, "Well... Next party I'm going to DJ at is tomorrow... I don't know, I might do something else." Charles spoke seriously, and put his hand on his chin.

Before thinking of the strange, strangers that approached Faith and Nick before. As far as Charles was concerned; they're still there. Stranging up the place. Before they find their way back over here, he'd want to clear this place. There was a few places that he had in mind... He was unsure of if they would go, however. As he continued thinking, he slid his hands into his pockets. He just met them, and they're all strangers to each other--- He was hoping to fix that eventually. Charles thought of the carnival. A friendly place for everyone. "Hey, do you guys want to bounce? We can go to the carnival..." He trailed off, before (Begrudgingly) adding on to his last state, ".... On me." He couldn't believe he was saying this.

Sage

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Flying is a wonderful thing, to have wings that can keep you in the air for as long as you wish. I have the ability to glide using my fins, I have done it before, but how long or far has many more factors, including the fact that I have to angle back down to the water for another leap if I want to continue. It's pretty much the standard ability of a flying fish, except flying fish don't have to worry about being spotted by something above water. I still do it if no one is around, though. I'll go out further into the ocean on a clear night, get a good liftoff, and then just look up at the stars the entire time."

Sage nodded in agreement. Flying is such a glorious thing, especially when you're an Angel. It would love to fly around more, but it's not exactly hard to notice. Glowing light and all kinds of other things. Sometimes, it would sneak out and fly around in the woods for a few hours, before stumbling home, tired. "Yeah. I can fly pretty fast and high... Just that I'm not..." Sage looked away for a moment, unsure of what to say. "It's not to be seen, is what I'm trying to say."

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Sometimes, I wish I were some sort of space fish. I could just go out and swim around the stars, actually see what planets orbit them, maybe see a nebula. It's cold, though, and there's no real life out there that I would probably want to meet."

Sage could only laugh slightly at the "Space fish" comment that the Frillerfang made. Before returning to a serious deposition. "Sometimes I wish my power came with the ability to survive in space..." It could see it now. A space-faring angel, exploring the galaxy and fighting aliens... Sage would see if it can get that idea turned into a TV show.

ViperaUnion wrote:
"Truth be known, leaving this river has been tempting for years. As all fish seem to feel this way, I seek the freedom of the water beneath me. I have some of the best abilities fish can possess, and I think if I wanted to, I could survive in the deepest trenches. I could see something humans have never explored before, and say I survived in one of the most hostile environments on Earth. I would go live in the doldrums, I could dive deep when the storms came, and then come up and see the surface when it was safe and calm. The water there is sometimes so peaceful, I hear that it reflects the sky like a mirror. Imagine being in a place like that. It seems like a dream, to me."

Sage did felt a bit of amazement. The Frillerfang can explore the depths of the ocean. Even the thought of that was cool. "How about you try that deep exploration? It sounds more fun than hanging around here, with us, 'land-lubbers' " Sage jokingly says. "I think you can do that."

"I think I have to go, now. It was a nice chat. Let's have it again." Sage then turned around and walked away. Hoping that it'll find another conversation with someone... Like it.

Ray

Dragonbud wrote:
"Fine. I'll show you my power but you have to promise me you won't laugh."

"Alright, I won't laugh at you." Ray says, devoid of emotion and appearing apathetic. He was slightly curious to see what Merry's power was, but the whole "promise me you won't laugh" thing put him off slightly. It obviously was something silly. The only response that Ray could give silliness was pure seriousness. He stood there and watched as Merry demonstrated her powers. It was something he wasn't expecting. Horns had came out of Merry's head, and without screaming, blood or pain. Which was unexpected since he's seen transformations like this before. They involved much more pain. Maybe it was just her powers, or that her body is adjusted to it. After a few moments of them growing, Merry had completed her horns. Ray looked at them, curiously, she grew horns similar to insects, specifically insects. It was unexpected, to say the least. She can grow horns. While it wasn't the most impressive power he's seen (He was definitely going to keep that comment to himself, no matter what), it could still be dangerous. She could impale people, if she got a running start, that is. Before he said anything, Merry spoke.

Dragonbud wrote:
"I can grow horns."

Ray raised an eyebrow. "I can see." Before trying to scramble something better to say. It was obvious that she had a bit low self-esteem regarding her powers. The last thing he wanted to do was make it worse. There was something wrong here, however. If this girl was any other person, Ray wouldn't be giving a f*ck. It may have been something about Merry... He couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe because she was crippled... Or, he considered the possibility was because she was a girl--- Ray nonchalantly coughed, before going back to the original point. He hobbled together a speech at the last moment, "You could probably really mess someone up with those if you got enough momentum. Or aimed for the eyes..." He smirked, "... Or their genitals." He chuckled slightly at his own joke. Not a very appropriate thing to say right now.

Dragonbud wrote:
"You better not laugh." She said with desperately threatening tone.

"I'm not. I'd like it if I wasn't impaled on those." Ray states. He should probably divulge even more information about more Meta-humans. Just to keep the subject going. "So, I know quite a bit about Meta-humans..." He stated, before fake-coughing, covering his mouth with his hand, "Is there anything you would like to know? I will answer everything I can."

Caden

No body was doing everything. There was just that eerie silence of the scene. It was intense, it was so exciting. Just waiting for someone to do just do something. Everyone here has ended a life before, Caden could just feel it and it just excited him. Just the smell of death and darkness coming was always a rush for the near-sociopathic Caden. While he wanted a peaceful solution before, he just knew that it wouldn't come now. So, the blood of anger and evil rushed through his veins, preparing him for action. "Now, now... Ladies and Gentlemen... I believe the time is nigh for someone to make a move, if they are going to make any. I do get bored rather fast when we just stand here doing nothing!" He says with a fiendish smile.

If no one did anything soon, he would make his escape.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:06 am

Jack had a permanent smirk on his face. He knew Nick didn't like him, and Charles seemed to be fine with him after the praise. Big ego, he guessed... They were gonn get along well, considering that was something they had in common. Nick wanted to get him and Faith away from him. How cute. Oh, a Carnival, Charles said? Jack laughed, "I'll join in on that. Perfect place to show off my awesome ability." He flashed a big smile, letting the light catch his red eyes. Of course Jack was lying. He wasn't going to show off his power that easily. He just like seeing people's reactions. It was all a little game of trickery.

"Can we?" Faith was looking at Nick with pleading eyes, "of course I'll help pay for it or else I'll feel guilty," she quickly added in turning to Charles. She was getting too comfortable around Jack's awesomeness. He decided to change that, "be sure to pay the right amount if you do, Rosemary," he put extra emphasis on her name, making the girl begin to stammer. "I um... Will. Well, um.... Yeah." Ah, how he loved raining on people's parades. Popping their bubbles. Pulling the last straw. Whatever other relating expression was there, he enjoyed doing. Jack kept a smirk on his face, but he was determined to make the girl lose her cool at some point. If not... Jack was laughing in his mind. If not, Jack had another plan that he could use to at least leave her embarrassed for a while and amuse him. All he needed was his power. Maybe he could play a few tricks on the Nick fellow. Yeah, that would be fun. Charles? Maybe... But he was okay, so probably not. Maybe he could do the tricks at the carnival... Or should he wait and spend that time hitting on a few girls? Nah, he could do that any other day. Today he was going to do a few tricks.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 am

Jaylen Copeland arrived in Black Fall, Pennsylvania in the back of a yellow-and-black-checkered cab. He had been sent here by his father Marshall to live with Dante, Jaylen's goodie-goodie brother, to "shape up" or some clever bullsh*t like that. Jaylen handed the cabbie a wad of money, and grabbed his suitcase and computer bag out of the trunk just in time for the cabbie to drive off in a hurry, as if he were being chased by a demon or something. He probably thought he was, with that turban. Jaylen thought maliciously "AH! It's AL SHAITLAN! DIE AMERICAN!" Jaylen smirked at his own joke, and then pulled up the handle of his silver rolling suitcase. Bored, he decided to take a walk in the park and have a look around.

A few minutes later, after looking around at this disinteresting new town with disinteresting new people and disinteresting new scenery, Jaylen found himself sitting on a lonely park bench, his suitcase laying inanimately near his left foot. This place was...disinteresting. He looked at the ground, head in his hands and elbows on his knees, watching a line of black ants busily lace themselves through the sidewalk cracks. Jaylen looked down at the bugs, bored, until he heard a conversation between a couple of teenagers on the wind. He looked up and saw the group, when he was suddenly compelled to walk over to them.

Why do I want to go and start talking to a group of random people who I don't know out of nowhere? I'll make a fool of myself! With that, a short mental battle broke out in Jaylen's consciousness

They're like you, Jay. Why not go talk to them? Make some friends for a change.

I can't just go and waltz up to a group of random people like that! What am I supposed to say? What am I supposed to do? That's not my style!

Dude, stop being a wimp and go over there. What's the worst that could happen?

Um, I'll look like a total A-class retard and they'll laugh at me?

But what if they don't?

What if they do?

Do you really want to have this argument with your own brain, Jay? Just get over there and talk to them!

Ugh, fine! Jaylen rose to his feet slowly, and began to walk over to the group of teenagers. He looked down at his clothing; a white Aeropostale polo shirt and blue jeans with red, white, and black high tops that matched his Chicago Bulls snapback hat. He looked good, but felt nervous as he slowly trudged over to the people. All he could think to say was "Hi."
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:58 am

Charles

Celo wrote:
"I'll join in on that. Perfect place to show off my awesome ability."

For a moment, Charles took a step back and looked directly at Jack. The guy does seem a bit annoying, but is he this stupid too? Just to throw away such vital information about him to just strangers. That could either be stupidity, or just that he wants to see response. He could be apart of something, anything, that wants to seek out Meta-humans. Who knows? For a moment his gaze narrowed. There was only one way to figure out if he's truly a Meta-human, and Charles had that in his hands. Just try and copy his powers, if he doesn't have any then Charles won't be able to copy it--- If Jack does have powers, then Charles would add another power to his collection and find another one like him.

As he planned out a clever way to get a simple touch of Jack, it came to him. All they need is to barely grace each other just for a second, and Charles can get Jack's power. There was literally a million ways for them to just touch. He wouldn't try it right now, perhaps when they start walking, he'll grace Jack and copy his powers. Just in preparation, Charles reached around the pockets of his sweater-vest. Pulling out the first solid object, a bent fork. He brought the fork up to his face and examined it closely. This is what he'll store Jack's power in, if he has one. As Charles examined the fork, he stopped and looked at everyone. Everyone was probably wondering about what was his deal with strange objects that he collected. Which was a small issue from the start. When they started walking, they would definitely start asking about that constant jingling coming from him. In response, he took the fork and slide it into the pockets of his pants, an easy place to put it in case he does have a power. Charles nonchalantly coughed as he said nothing.

Now that he thinks about it; he could do this to check if everyone present is a Meta-human.

Celo wrote:
"Can we?" Faith was looking at Nick with pleading eyes, "of course I'll help pay for it or else I'll feel guilty,"

That was nice. Now, Charles won't have to spend all of his money on strangers. "I think we all can just split the money." He says, trying to see if Jack and Nick are courteous enough to cash in. From what he could tell, there was only four people here. No odds, only evens. If these kids weren't scumbags they would at least try to pitch in. Charles has enough money to pay for everyone here... and just that.

Before he could even suggest that they get a move on, a new kid just came out of no where. It was interesting that these people were just attracting people out of the woodworks.

Maxx Toron wrote:
"Hi."

The new comer looked nervous. Which was obvious just taking one look at him. Charles did the usual, and examined the new-comer. Obviously, he is bi-racial, one thing that Charles could easily tell. The boy had a stocky, thick build. His eyes were pretty big and he looked like he had a bit of European in him. He wore some pretty causal and unremarkable clothes. Jeans, polo-shirt, basketball cap... Charles was finished his examination pretty fast. Before he took a few steps back. The guy looked a bit nervous, and the way he just randomly greeted them cemented that idea. Fortunately, Charles was a friendly type of person, always open to everyone. He nonchalantly coughed, covering his mouth with his hand before introducing himself, "Hey there... I'm Charles Blackmore. How... Are you today?"

Caden

This was boring. Despite his offering to start this battle, no one was doing anything. That excitement of violence quickly faded. Caden shrugged and took some steps back. With his creepy grin, and a murderous stare still present on his face. He spoke to everyone here, "My, my. I believe we are failing this crowd, yes? They demand something interesting, exciting.... If we are just going to stand there then I better just go back to my previous business." After he spoke, he started walking backwards. Keeping his eyes on everyone here and prepared for a surprise attack. After many steps, he approached a nearby corner. The moment he was close enough, he bolted around the corner at full speed. Running like he was about to be killed... That was only half true. Running through people, pushing them aside. He even knocked over a carriage. It was all necessary to escape them. After running far enough, he dived into the bushes. Since he was already (90%) transformed into darkness, he turned into a puddle of darkness. Quickly forming a liquid-like snake, and sliding along the ground. Hoping to escape any pursuers (Though, no one's darkness could be detected). There was one place he wanted to be. Finding Faith and Nick, so he can continue their conversation of course.

After some searching, he had found them. They had made fiends with three more people... Interesting. From the way some of them were acting, they were new to each other. There was the high chance that they were Meta-humans. Which makes this even more delicious. The Black Fall effect attracts people to each other, regardless of their will. This makes spreading information, and his memes much easier. The snake of darkness flew up to the nearest vantage point, a tree branch. He watched them, for now. When the time was right, he would approach them all.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Nick agreed with Faith as she spoke, offering to help pay at the carnival. He might split off from the group and do his own thing. He had to practice flying again and getting lost was the perfect excuse to disappear. "I'll pitch in whenever I can. I have my wallet with me." he said, shrugging. His eyes flicked around to the group to size everyone up. Every, save for Ass, seemed nice enough.

His dad had once told him that a wise man speaks because he has something to say, and the fool speaks because he has to say something. Jack had the bright idea of boasting the fact that he had a power. He must've been either one hell of an airhead of was just an idiot. He was going to get himself killed by whoever was abducting people. Nick just shook his head, he could have all the fun he wanted. He was about to say they start heading down there when ANOTHER person came around. This person seemed alright, speaking a simple "Hi." to them. Nick smiled, and looked to the person. "G'Day." He said. He was completely unaware that Caden was watching. When he came around next, Nick would have to apologize for using his power.

After all, he needed all the allies he could get. Those with powers kept them hidden for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)   Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Fall - The IC (The Day a new Monster was Born)
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next