Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.::Bind::. (OOC)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
True Night
Celo "The Moms"
ViperaUnion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

.::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

I have some character ideas, one of them I PMed you about. Hopefully I'll have something up soon.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:06 pm

I still gotta make a cs for this XP
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Take your time, this is the kind of RP where it takes a moment to figure out what kind of character you want.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:52 am

Ok so Imagination was a flop, so I think I'm going to join this. Juggling a few character ideas around at the present time.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:59 am

I sent a PM reply to your ideas, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey quick question; does this happen in one particular town, or is it more like Chromosome Z?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Name: Marshall Copeland
World Origin: human
Identity: seer
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 210 lbs
Eye Color: brown
Hair Color: black
Alignment: Barrier

Personal Information

Appearance: Marshall is a foreboding-looking man. Though he doesn’t look it, he is very muscular and tough, a result of hunting monsters for over 30 years. Marshall’s skin is a cocoa brown color (he’s black, obviously) and his hair is black with occasional patches of grey in it. His hair is kept short and close to his head (one less thing for a monster to grab onto). Marshall’s eyes are black as coal, and constantly have this sort of lifeless, uncaring quality to them. He is obviously a man who has been through a lot. Resting low on Marshall’s nose is his round rimless glasses. On Marshall’s lip is a thick black mustache that looks like it belongs on the lip of a gunslinger in an old west movie. Marshall’s body is covered with a patchwork of scars from his years of fighting, the most prevalent one being a slash across the left side of his throat, about an inch from his jugular. He’s obviously had some close calls in his career. Marshall pretty much wears the same thing every day. His dress composes of a white button-down dress shirt with the collar open, a pair of dark brown trousers, a matching brown vest, a pair of black leather boots, his trademark black wool trench coat, and a black stetson that almost never leaves his head. At Marshall’s waist is always a thick brown leather belt, the buckle of which looks like Medusa’s head.

Personality: Marshall seems to have almost two completely different personalities, depending on what situation he’s in. When he’s not fighting, Marshall has a kind aura about him of a wise mentor. He has a lot of patience with people, especially those learning something new, and a long attention span. Though he has no sense of humor whatsoever, Marshall can often be a fun person to be around, constantly telling fun stories about his adventures or coming up with interesting conversation topics for around the dinner table. He can be very compassionate as well, and is a great person to talk to about problems. He is very intelligent as well, making him a good tutor. Yet, despite his kind demeanor, he never laughs and very rarely smiles, as if something terrible is hiding under his skin, cloaked in his kind demeanor.

The second side of Marshall is not nearly as kind. When Marshall or anyone else is under attack, Marshall switches into kill mode. Marshall the Warrior is a merciless assassin with a very short fuse and a whole lotta gunpowder. When Marshall fights, the black hatred buried deep inside him bursts out. He is extremely violent and ruthless. He has been known to have spared a monster only once, in the case of Drake Smith, but that’s a story for another day. When Marshall fights, he’s fighting as if for revenge of some sort. It’s almost as if whatever he is fighting was personally responsible for everything bad in his long life of pain. Death does not phase him in either personality, and gore is almost commonplace. He seems to deal extremely well with grief, though the death of a loved one puts him in his angry state for long periods of time or until he finds and swiftly executes whoever killed them. The speed in which Marshall can switch between his two almost entirely separate personalities is astonishing, and often scares people. Though, if Marshall gets in too dramatic or too violent a fight, he will often spend several hours in that angry state.

Biography: Marshall comes from a long lineage of monster hunters, dating back to the late 13th century when his ancestor Sir John Copeland (who was a Seer) smithed Celsion and used it to slay the demon Legion. Marshall was born in the New Orleans countryside in a manor that he still lives in to this day. He was raised to be a hunter, and trained through much of his childhood. He grew up very much in the shadow of his older brother Daniel, who was a natural hunter. When Marshall was sixteen, he went on his first hunt with his brother and father. The monster was a dark spirit that was living in the Lalaurie manor in New Orleans. It was the ghost of one of Madame Lalaurie’s servants, a slave who was experimented on by her and turned into a horrid monster. Marshall killed the ghost himself, saving his brother from being killed by it. Marshall spent the next ten years of his life hunting with his father and brother until his father retired, leaving Marshall and Daniel in charge of the hunting business. Five years later, Daniel went missing, Marshall was crushed, and spent three more years scouring the country for his brother. To this day, Daniel Copeland is still missing. Marshall almost quit hunting, until his father was killed by a dark spirit who appeared one day in Copeland Manor. Marshall brutally slaughtered the dark spirit, and wept for his father for days. He had lost his only true friend in the world. This is what he thinks of when he hunts, what turns him into a laser-focused killing machine. He still holds that vengeance in his heart, even after fifteen years of growing in skill and wisdom. It is his driving force in life to vanquish demons and dark spirits in the name of his father.

Family: Marshall’s wife is dead, as is his father. His mother died when he was very young, and he doesn’t remember her. Marshall has a brother named Daniel, though he went missing about 15 years ago.  He has two children, an elder girl and a younger boy. The girl is a hunter herself, making her father proud, and the boy, Daniel (named after Marshall’s lost brother) is in law school. Not all are cut out for the life of a hunter.

Relationships: I don’t know if I’m going to use any other characters from Saints and Sinners here, so I can’t fill this out yet.

Skills and Abilities

Skills: Marshall is a stone cold assassin with nearly any weapon. He is trained in everything from 19th century breech-loading rifles to machine guns. He is deadly accurate with most firearms, and is skilled in sword fighting, allowing him to use many weapons (machetes, daggers, hatchets, etc). He is well-versed in several forms of martial arts, such as karate, taekwondo, and Jiu Jitsu. Basically, Marshall knows what he’s doing with just about anything. He also plays guitar and can speak French, Latin, and a bit of Hebrew (in addition to English, of course).

Powers: Being a Seer, Marshall has the ability to see spirits, both dark and light. Being an experienced seer with over 30 years of fighting dark spirits, demons, and other assorted monsters, Marshall has learned the ability to separate his ethereal form from his physical one. His ethereal form is supernaturally strong and can run at around 60 miles per hour.

Strengths: Marshall has a lot going for him. He is at peak physical condition (for a 46-year-old, that is) and is quite strong and fast. He has a ton of experience with his powers and with many weapons, making him one of the best in the business, as they say. He is quite clever as well, and is skilled in crafting weapons and using creative methods to defeat monsters and spirits. Speaking of which, I should tell you some about Marshall’s arsenal. Over thirty years of hunting, Marshall has gained quite a few weapons. His most well-known one is his Winchester 1873 repeating rifle, a gun that he’s had since he was seventeen. He custom-makes his own bullets for it, which have seals hand-carved into the back of them, so that they can wound demons, dark spirits, and fay. Marshall also carries a large Bowie knife made of damascus steel (he knows a guy) with sigils carved into the blade and a flintlock pistol that acts as a flamethrower (he uses it to burn the bodies of monsters after he’s killed them, as the fire is magically charmed to only burn newly-dead flesh). When Marshall finds himself confronting a particularly powerful monster, he busts out Celsion, his ultimate weapons. Celsion is a 13th century arming sword made of steel with edges of silver and copper mixed with steel (at the time, it was a belief that these two metals could wound demons and evil spirits). The sword has seven sigils carved into the blade, and a relic of St.Martin of Tours in the hilt (this is just a fun fact, basically). The sword cleaves through demons, fay, and evil spirits with ease, and is versatile enough to be used to defeat most chimeras and many mythical creatures. The sword has been magically charmed to increase the strength of the user, causing Marshall's strength to be doubled when using Celsion (but only while using Celsion).

Weaknesses: Well firstly, Marshall has the usual Seer weakness. He falls into a coma when he uses his spirit form. During this, his body is completely vulnerable to damage. Marshall’s vision is starting to go, thus why he wears glasses. He can still see decently enough to function without the glasses, but when he’s not wearing them it makes it hard for him to see spirits. If you take Marshall’s glasses, he becomes much less effective at fighting them. Though Marshall has a lot of weapons, once you get past them he’s just a normal human. His gun has limited ammo (bullets don’t grow on trees), and his Bowie knife, while pretty big, is a close range weapon, meaning that it puts him in striking range of a dark spirit. Marshall’s flamethrower pistol doesn’t work on spirits or living demons/fay. Marshall only uses Celsion when there is a particularly strong demon or evil spirit going around, as it is hard to conceal. The sword isn't in the best shape either and requires strict care, considering that it is over 700 years old and has edges made of softer metals. Celsion needs to be constantly cleaned and charmed about once a week to keep its copper and silver edges from corroding and denting when they hit opponents.

Other: Two things here. Firstly, Marshall’s car is a black Buick Grand National X, one of the fastest American-made cars. He keeps Celsion under the back seats of the car in a safe. Secondly, I need to clarify a term. I am well aware that things like vampires and werewolves don’t exist in this rp, and other supernatural monsters are sketchy at best (I doubt we’ll have any Greek Chimeras or Manticores). Marshall refers to demons, mythical creatures, chimeras, dark spirits, and meta humans as monsters. Demons, dark spirits, mythical creatures, and chimeras (violent chimeras) are normally what he fights, though he will hunt a metahuman if they’re acting particularly dangerous or violent. He’s not in the habit of dispatching metas, though, so you really have to be a CENSORED to get on his kill list. Mix.

hey is the ability to make copies of oneself minion-summoning? I was going to make a demon/meta based on the demon legion who could make copies of himself.

Last edited by Maxx on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 am

The story will be set in a single somewhat large town, which will be for the most part isolated from the rest of the United States. The town will be big, but it won't be a large city with skyscrapers and such, it'll just be somewhat old-fashioned buildings with a maximum of three stories spread over a large area.

As for Marshall, the character is good, but you have a lot of things that might mean you have to give the character sheet a bit of an overhaul, especially in regards to abilities, which need to be adjusted to fit the RP.

Firstly, there isn't a special specific material, like silver, that repels or harms Spirits, Demons, or Fay. The reason for this is because if silver as a material or element was super effective, then anyone could get a silver weapon and do considerable damage to the groups it would affect, not just Seers, who wouldn't be very interesting if their only ability was identifying the supernatural. I don't see that as fair to people who make Seer characters, or to people who have Demons or Fay. Therefore, the sole reason for Seer weapons being super effective is because the weapons they make are covered with charms and seals that make them very powerful against the spiritual creatures, they don't have to go through the trouble to get a rare metal like silver, and can use a harder, more sturdy material for their weapons. Another thing, is that Seers are the only humans who can make these seals so that they actually possess power. Another human, like a Meta or Alchemist, could copy the seals, but they'd just be patterns, because they don't have the capability to activate the seals. By making things this way, there is a distinctly unique set of powers only Seers can have, and Seers remain the best suited for fighting Dark Spirits, despite being humans.

Bottom line, Seers are the only ones who can make true seals, and weapons that are effective against the supernatural, metals used has nothing to deal with it, and in many ways, this also uplifts how special a Seer is, and how important a role they play in keeping balance between the supernatural and human worlds.

Secondly, Seers separating from their bodies do not take on a form that is different from their physical one in appearance. When a Seer separates from his body, he is a spirit capable of returning to his physical form later, so long as it isn't killed for some reason, and as a Seer, his or her spirit form is more powerful than your generic Good Spirits, which are basically more like invisible humans that can't be seen or heard. A Seer's spirit remains identical to what he actually is as a human, but because a Seer's spiritual power is incredibly great and he knows how to harness it, his spirit has supernatural levels of strength, stamina, speed, and endurance, being capable of handling more severe injuries. Seers carry their weapons with them into the spirit world, and because of this, they are formidable against Dark Spirits and Demons, not only possessing powers that can rival them in strength, but weapons that can defeat them, as well.

With this in mind, Marshall can't be a spirit wolf, because the warping of the spirit into something other than what it's original form was is something characteristic of Dark Spirits, who are warped into inhuman-looking monsters by negative energy. Therefore, his spirit form would be Marshall in his human form, wielding all of the weapons he has, albeit with enhanced physical abilities, and invisible and inaudible to all but those with their own ability to detect the supernatural. For the most part, I don't have a problem with most of your guy's weapons, but Marshall's gun will only work on the supernatural on the condition that he draws small seals on each individual bullet when he makes it. Drawing seals on weapons is the main reason why most Seer weapons are old-fashioned, it's difficult to draw each individual seal if it's got to be on a small scale, and the seals won't work if you simply stamp them somewhere with a mold, it has to be hand-done.

Finally, regarding the other two things that I should have probably mentioned. First, you cannot have a dreamcatcher that strains devoured spirits out of demons or Dark Spirits. That makes things too easy, the only way to free a devoured spirit is to kill the demon or dark spirit. With this in mind, I should mention, Demons and Fay are physical, so they need food to survive, but devouring spirits is more of a way to increase overall powers without having to train, it won't starve them if they don't eat spirits. Dark Spirits don't need food, but have an inner hollowness, so they try to fill it by devouring spirits, they're empty inside, but devouring spirits never works, though they try, regardless.

The smallest note I should mention, Mashal doesn't really need a flintlock pistol, for the most part, to burn bodies. While Chimeras and Metas would have to be disposed of, Supernatural beings, upon death, are different than things from the human world. Spirits upon death dissolve and pass on into whatever afterlife they belong to, there isn't a body to dispose of. Mythical Beings, Demons, and Fay, almost immediately after death, decay and denature to the point that they turn to dust, meaning there's no evidence they even existed.

Also, yes, making copies of oneself is sort of like minion summoning.

With all these things being said, traditional things may or may not be acceptable in this RP, I already have all these rules worked out, some having to come in the form of answers to questions because they aren't in the Faction Information section, which is my fault for lacking details I should have thought of. Overall, though, I've made the RP the way it is so that each faction has different tasks, and no one group is more important or powerful than the other.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:57 am

Ok. I'll fix it. Can I make a traditional thing (like silver or copper) a weakness to a character? I'm almost done character 2 (who is now 1), and I want to make him immune to normal weapons but able to be wounded by copper (because he's a Jinn and the traditional way to kill a Jinn is with copper).

EDIT: Sigils will still hurt him. Almost done Marshall's overhaul.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 am

Okay, then. If you want copper to be an individual weakness for a character, I'm fine with that. I just don't want the same to go for every character in the story.

Okay, I think I'm going to make two more characters. A female meta-human, and a male demon. This means there will be two boys and a girl from the humans, and two girls and a boy for the supernatural, in my group, six is where I'm drawing the line, for my main characters. I won't make character sheets for the villains, and spoil surprises I have in store.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:23 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here he is! Say hello to your new best friend and worst enemy, Jabbar al-Muna!

General Information

Name: Jabbar Al-Muna
World Origin: Supernatural, though he’s spent most of his life on Earth
Identity: Demon (well, technically Jinn, but it’s the same thing)
Height: 5’10” (in full demon form, he is 7 feet tall)
Weight: 160 lbs (in full demon form, he is 260 lbs)
Eye Color: green
Hair Color: black
Alignment: neutral (really he couldn’t care less)

Personal Information

Appearance: When in demon form, Jabbar appears as a gigantic monster, musclebound with blood red skin and green glowing eyes. He looks like a combination of a genie and a demon, with massive black claws like a demon and short pointed black horns. The lower half of his body (from the waist down) disappears into red smoke. He has enormous yellowed fangs so big that he can hardly close his mouth, and two enormous black bat wings. When in human form, though, Jabbar is much less monstrous. He appears as a modern Arabic man in his mid-to-late twenties. He has a Middle-eastern skin color and black hair that is worn short and spiked up in a very modern fashion while still looking professional (I cannot describe haircuts at all). Jabbar’s face is gaunt and slim, making it seem rather long and narrow. Jabbar wears a small, evil villain-style goatee (the small mustache with the small triangular beard on his chin. Once again I can’t describe hair very well). Jabbar has slightly bushy black eyebrows and brilliant emerald green eyes that seem to sparkle with deception; they are the charismatic eyes of a liar. Jabbar is slim, making him look taller. He is relatively fit, though is no bodybuilder. He wears a white button-down dress shirt and a grey suit with white pinstripes. Occasionally he will change the color of his suit, though for business meetings he normally wears grey. On his feet is a pair of black loafers, and he wears a black belt. He wears a pair of black mirrored sunglasses when outside normally. Jabbar wears diamond cufflinks, a silver Rolex watch that looks like it is at least a thousand dollars,  and is always well-groomed, with manicured nails and pearl white teeth. These show that he is reasonably well-off and isn’t exactly scrounging for money.

Personality: Jabbar expresses the TvTrope Magnificent Bastard-style villain. One part chessmaster, two parts trickster, a dash of the manipulative bastard, and a sprinkle of hamminess to make him charismatic. Jabbar is essentially the cool, level-headed planner. You will never see him stressed, even in the most impossible of situations, and he always has a trick up his sleeve. He’s such a fantastic schemer that he oftentimes can turn what seems like a decisive victory for the hero into a crushing defeat easily. Jabbar is like the sea snake in Gladiator. He allows his enemies to appear as if they have the situation under control, giving them a false sense of security, and then strikes and collapses their world in on them. Never get comfortable when you’re dealing with Jabbar. He is excellent at manipulating people, and can easily turn ally against ally in many cases. He loves twisting people’s wills to make them do what he wants. Jabbar’s fatal flaw, though, is that he is oftentimes too clever for his own good. He over-plans often, and can overthink situations, which rarely cause moments when he is essentially outdumbed. This doesn’t mean that he’s going to let a bunch of cops run up to him and gun him down, but if he sees a hero on a security camera, say, standing in front of an elevator leading to Jabbar’s office and is hesitating out of indecisiveness, he will assume that this is a distraction and check all of the other security cameras for signs of infiltration but that one. Basically, if you want to beat Jabbar, don’t make an overcomplicated plan because you will not outsmart him. Jabbar is Muslim, and, despite the fact that he is probably doing things contrary to what Allah wants, always takes time to pray every day.

Biography:  I might reveal some of this later, but not yet.

Family: Not sure if Jinn have families.

Relationships: Jabbar has some lackeys and guards, most of which are just paid security personnel. His right hand man is his pet Runespoor (magical three-headed snake), Apep (I’ll probably make his sheet later).

Skills and Abilities

Skills: Due to his extremely high intellect and ability to plan and predict outcomes, Jabbar is an excellent investor. He has made billions of dollars with this talent, and owns a Fortune 500 company, Al Muna Mutual. As I touched on in his personality, Jabbar is a master planner. He always has something up his sleeve, and is a very difficult enemy to defeat because of it. He can adjust plans on the fly, and is able to adapt to almost any situation with ease. He is a master at chess (they don’t call his archetype a chessmaster for nothing), and has made a ton of money off of blackjack as well (he can card count almost instantly). Just don’t play any sort of game with Jabbar because you’ll probably lose. Jabbar isn’t really a fighter. He prefers to have other people do the shooting and stabbing for him. If Jabbar is going to fight, he’ll fight with magic.

Powers: Jabbar is a Jinn, a Muslim demon, essentially. The main ability of a Jinn is the power to grant wishes. Jabbar can grant almost any wish. Wealth, women, power, luck -Jabbar can grant any wish that does not break the laws of physics. You want one billion dollars in your bank account? Jabbar can make it happen with the snap of a finger. You want your high school crush to fall in love with you? Poof! Instant romance! But, of course, we’ve all seen this act before. There’s a twist to every wish Jabbar grants, some way to grant your wish while making your life absolutely miserable. That billion dollars? It was stolen from a mob boss and transferred to your account. Hope you like the bottom of the Chicago River. And that high school crush? She is now madly obsessed with you and will never leave you alone for the rest of your days. Jabbar’s main goal is to kill whoever he granted the wishes to, one way or another. There are two ways that Jabbar gets his souls. One way is for the person he granted the wish to to come back begging for it to be taken away from them. In this case, Jabbar obliges, but in exchange he gets their soul. The second way Jabbar acquires souls is if the person he granted the wish to dies as a result of their wish. Just before the person dies (ie just as that billionaire hits the bottom of the river) their soul is absorbed and sent directly to Jabbar. Oftentimes he actually manufactures his own ways to kill people he granted wishes to (like, for example, hiring fake mobsters to convince the billionaire that he stole the money or granting that girl a wish that caused her to go insane, driving the guy who asked for her love to either come back begging for the wish to be taken back or kill himself). In addition to this power, Jabbar has a range of supernatural strength and durability. Jabbar is about twice as strong as the average human. He’s no Ivan Drago, but he can put a hurting on any normal opponent. He is pretty fast too, and can move with supernatural quickness. Normal weapons do not harm Jabbar. Stabbing him with a regular knife or shooting him with a lead bullet will appear to damage him but will cause no actual trauma or injury (there are exceptions to this, of course). When in full demons form, Jabbar’s strength triples and he gains the ability to spray molten copper at opponents, though I doubt he will ever be driven to use this form).

Strengths:
-Can grant wishes
-superhuman strength and speed
-immunity to normal weapons

Weaknesses: Firstly, Jabbar’s wish-granting powers can be used against him. Once Jabbar says he will grant a wish, he must grant it, no matter what is says (you cannot wish for Jabbar to die or be wounded in any way, though). So, that billionaire could have asked for a billion dollars gained legally from an investment in x-company in such a way that it didn’t piss anyone off. There’s really no way to change that up on the person asking for the wish, so Jabbar would be forced to give him a billion dollars with no strings attached (occasionally he does this on purpose to keep his credit good with clients). Another way to defeat Jabbar’s malicious magic is to ask for the opportunity for something. So, for example “I wish for the opportunity to gain a billion dollars”. In this case, Jabbar gives you just that. Perhaps you sit down next to a CEO on an airplane and start up a conversation with him that lands you a job as a VP in his company with stock options. As I mentioned above, Jabbar’s master planning can be defeated by causing him to think that you have something up your sleeve when you really don’t. He can be outdumbed. Jabbar’s supreme durability also has weaknesses. Lamb’s blood works like garlic does to vampires with him. Lamb blood burns Jabbar on contact and smells awful to him. Eating Veal is a death sentence for Jabbar, and lamb’s wool (not sheep wool) burns him at the touch. Weapons with sigils carved into them can also harm Jabbar. Jabbar’s primary weakness, though, is copper. Copper wounds Jabbar like silver wounds werewolves, meaning that copper weapons (with or without a sigil) can harm Jabbar. If Jabbar touches a lamp made of copper, he becomes trapped inside of it and turns into a genie (which seriously weakens him for all eternity).

Other: Mix.

Ok, so both of my sheets are now in proper working order (I believe). Past that, I don't know what I'll use. I might use Alastair (a character from the book Marshall comes from) or a Hellhound disguised as a bull mastiff. Another idea I'd like to use is another villain-like character from my books, Ignatius Cruor. He's a vampire, though, and a seriously OP one, so I probably won't use him.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:50 am

Vipes, you know Paul Hewlitt is Bono's real name, right?

EDIT: Correction, it is Paul Hewson, but Marshall will still call him Bono.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:32 am

Marshall's accepted Maxx, but I have to reject Jabbar. Jabbar won't fit in the RP, and I can't even really think of a way for you to alter his sheet so that he could be accepted, it's just that far-fetched and poorly suited to the story.

You need to make some lower-key characters on par with everyone else, or you won't enjoy RPing in the story as much.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 4:35 am

Sad 
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 am

After getting some new inspiration, I'm sure I'll be able to pump out a sheet or two this weekend. A demon and a meta-human, then I have an idea for a chimera, or the thing I PMed you about.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:17 pm

I started a sheet for this, but then got wicked busy. I'm sure I'll finish her today. Big surprise she is a satyr. Do you think I could make her so that she passes over the boarder often?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:06 pm

General Information

Name: Leviathan (Goes by the alias of Pink)

Age: Centuries old - But takes the appearance of a woman in her twenties.

World Origin: From beyond the barrier!

Identity: Water Demon

Height: Human form: 5'6ft - Demon form: 12.5 ft

Weight: Human form: 167lb - Demon form: 435lb

Eye Color: Human form: Brown - Demon form: surprise, Pink

Hair Color: Human form: Seemingly dyed Pink - Demon form: Icy-white

Alignment: Combine

Personal Information

Appearance: In human form; Pink appears as a very petite and energetic human being. Pink's human form takes the appearance of a Asian woman (Likely Cambodian) in her early twenties. She stands at average height (5'6), and her build is thin and attractive. She's super-thin, and her body is very curvy. Without a single cell of unattractive body-fat on her body. Pink's skin is a light-yellow color that clearly gives away (False) Asian descents. Her skin is strangely clear of anything like scars and other skin imperfections. It's 100% clear, just like a newborn baby. However, she has a complex network of these strange tattoos, that take the appearance of flowing water, all over her body. Starting from the top of her head, going down the back of her neck, to the back of her limbs, and ending at her feet/hands. Whenever she activates her demon powers, these tattoos start glowing. Pink has a near avian-like face, that is very well defined. Her cheeks are small, and somewhat squared due to her sharp jaw-line. Her head is heart shaped. It is large at the top, and as it goes down, it gets sleeker and pointed. Her chin is pointed, and she has a very sharp and pronounced jawline. Her eyes are brown colored, and average sized. True to her Asian descents, her eyes are slanted. Pink's lips are thick and full. They aren't that noticeable compared to the rest of her face.

In Demon form, Pink's appearance changes drastically. She takes the appearance of a monstrous twelve foot-tall monster. With a thick wreath of water surrounding her from head to toe, and organic body parts visible underneath the veil of water. Her skin is blue, and she's covered in thick armored scales that seemingly are metal-like, and she'll have these enormous protruding muscles. Her fingertips are razor-sharp claws that can cut through skin and bone with ease. Eight massive, squid-like, water-tentacles will protrude from her back, and these tentacles are blade tipped.

Personality: I'm a little pressed for time, so I hope I can do this IC-side. If not, I'll do it later.

Biography: Nothing interesting.

Family: None.

Relationships: Nemesis of the pair consisting of Cyril Noctis, and Morgana Ogmer. The three have clashed in the past concerning their different goals and ideals.

Skills and Abilities

Skills: An expert when it comes to the supernatural, she's knowledgeable about the veil known as the Barrier and all it contains. She's also an experienced warrior, and can demonstrate her skills on anyone who's foolish enough to try her. She knows how to use a few weapons, her favorite is the knows.... Okay, I really can't think of anything to put here.

Powers: Water Demon. Pink is the mystical archetypal demon of the sea, the mighty Demon of the sea, or Leviathan. A creature that is unconquerable in the water. Pink has a variety of abilities that make her a powerful demon. For starters, Pink can breath underwater and is capable of withstanding water regardless of it's temperature, or pressure, indefinitely. It also makes her a kick-ass swimmer. In fact, while in the water, Pink will get both super-strength, healing, and super speed, she can travel over water almost like she's gliding over it. She also has a strange "water-proofing". This means that no matter how much water she was in, she, and anything she has, will remain dry - This extends to anyone she's touching too. Pink also has an affinity with any fish or sea creature, thus, she can control them. While in, or near, the sea, these abilities are tripled in strength. She can detect disruptions in water while submerged in it, which acts as a third sense. The rest of her abilities require activation:

Water Manipulation. As a result of being a leviathan, Pink is capable of manipulating water in the immediate, in all three stages (Liquid, Ice, Steam/Mist, etc). Since water is extremely flexible, she's capable of shaping it in any way imaginable. She has a high degree of skill over this ability, so she's capable of using this ability in a variety of offensive and defensive techniques. She can convert water from one stage to another. She's capable of a wide variety of water-based techniques. She can control the temperature of water, wrap objects around it to gain a pseudo-telekinesis, control the viscosity of water, change water pressure, etc, etc. Pink has the ability to absorb large quantities of water into her body (To the point where she can absorb moisture) and release it at all. This control also extends to certain other liquids, such as beverages, oils, etc

In addition; Pink has two powerful alternate forms. I should note that she can selectively transform parts of her body;

Demon Transformation - Mode: Beast. Technically her "true" form which I described in her appearance section. There are the obvious enhancements; her strength, speed, durability, healing and flexibility will be brought up a few notches - Especially in water where she'll be the most powerful. Pink's water manipulation will be enhanced to a macro-level where she'll be able to control water from miles away from herself and create water-based natural disasters on a smaller scale.

Demon Transformation - Mode: Water. Pink can transform her body completely into water in any of it's stages, and change in between them. While water she can manipulate her own water molecules in any way imaginable, shape-shifter style. She can mold her water into weapons, and just about anything imaginable. In this state, Pink is completely impervious to physical attacks, and can slip into anything that isn't sealed air-tight, or water-proofed. Pink loses direct control of her water manipulation while in this transformed state, but gains a far stronger ability. Pink can combine herself with any other liquids (Regardless of it's current sage) to grow in size and power. For example she can merge with the lake and become a massive being of water, capable of controlling herself in any way imaginable. Which can make her extremely powerful if she manages to merge with a massive quantity of water. She is completely undetectable while merged with water. Merging with water gives her a form of regeneration, by replacing the damaged tissue with water, and once she turns back into her human form, she'll be good as new.

Strengths: Herpaderpaderpaderp

Weaknesses:

- Powerless without water

- Dry areas weaken her

- Heat, electricity, and fire are extra effective against her

- She requires time to transform, which can interrupted.

- She must dip in water once every ten hours or she'll die.

Other:
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:46 pm

God damn it.

Well I might as well give this a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:17 pm

The supernatural and human world overlaps, DB, so essentially, everything is living on planet Earth, although the Barrier is responsible for disguising Mythical Creatures, Demons, and Fay as humans unless they actively think about transforming, and makes it so that spirits can't be seen or heard, though it can't stop them from touching things. If you mean your character transforms into a Satyr as her true form very often, yes, characters change as often as they want, so long as they don't break the law and cause humans to find out they exist. Earth animals knowing what you are is fine, it's only the humans people have to worry about.

Also, Lone, Accepted.

Everyone, expect two more characters from me, a Male Demon and a Female Meta.

Edit: Okay, I guess I'll be making a Character Sheet Thread, because already the post for Character sheets is too long. Everyone, since the OOC isn't too long, try re-posting all your character sheets there if I accepted them, we will still use the OOC for accepting sheets.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 pm

So the Barrier is essentially the Mist from Percy Jackson, right?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Pretty much, that's a good way of describing it, Maxx. It doesn't seem that big, but imagine if it wasn't there the kind of things that might happen if people found out their horses were unicorns or pegasi, or that the local crocodiles were actually basilisks...things would end badly.

Okay, the Character Sheet Storage section for Bind us up. Can everyone please re-post their sheets there. I should have just made a storage section from the start.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:51 pm

There's a way to make links in the section above that will link you directly to the character sheet in the vault, vipes. I can do it for you if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:57 pm

I would appreciate it. Also, everyone, after you put up character sheets in the Vault, I'm going to format them so they're easier to find when people want information on a specific character, and such. There isn't anything major, so don't freak out if titles and such change slightly.

At any rate, I should have done the vault thing earlier, it's already making the whole thing easier and more efficient. Now you can tell individual characters apart.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Ok, I edited the character listing in the OP. It is all now linked to the sheets in the character storage.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks, Maxx. Alright, everyone, I'm working on my Male Demon character now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

.::Bind::. (OOC)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next