Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.::Bind::. (OOC)

Go down 
+4
Dragonbud
True Night
Celo "The Moms"
ViperaUnion
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

.::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:20 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:12 am

Hey what's the weather IC-side?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:44 am

Clear, cloudless, otherwise people wouldn't be running around outside.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:23 am

Was looking through the character deposit, and Pink's sheet doesn't say she can detect the supernatural, or that seer weapons and seals are more effective on her.

Could be a trade off, a mistake, or simply not included (since most demons/fay have it by default). I don't think it matters too much with her other weaknesses, just thought I'd point it out though.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Those are inherent abilities/weaknesses, correct?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes, Demons can detect other supernatural beings, because they themselves are supernatural. Of course, it goes without saying that all of them are affected by seals. The only people who will wind up completely oblivious to the supernatural are humans who aren't Seers, even then, they can probably develop a weak ability to see the Supernatural after enough encounters, as in a faint, obscure shape kind of shows up for Dark Spirits, though they won't ever see anything any clearer than that, and they can't detect spiritual energy over a distance or tell disguised beings apart from real creatures. That's sort of how Seers develop their powers, except theirs will always be able to clearly see, in the end.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Alright, if they're inherent it's all good. All the other sheets have it listed anyways, so I was wondering if there was an exception. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm skipping over biography for now since I'm a little lost on what to do with it (especially as a demon). I'll probably expand on it after I turn it in. That said, I've got the personality section done.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

It's fine if you don't want to do the Bio and reveal it IC-side. My most powerful character is several hundred years old and is a demon, and you can imagine when you're getting over a century old in age, and you always look young, you could have a guy with a very long, complicated history.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:02 pm

General Information

Name: Apep
World Origin: supernatural
Identity: Demon/Fay (he’s kind of a borderline)
Height: Normal form: 6’0”. Supernatural form: 7’5” (but 20 feet long from tip to tip counting the tail)
Weight:  Normal form: 190 lbs. Supernatural form: 230 lbs
Eye Color: Normal form: brown. Supernatural form: yellow (like a snake’s eye)
Hair Color:  He’s bald in both forms.
Alignment: Neutral

Personal Information

Appearance: Apep is a muscular Egyptian man with copper-colored skin and dark eyes rimmed in black (like a Greek person’s eye). He’s not bulging with muscle, per-say, but for his age he looks like he could easily get a job as a bouncer at a club. He is bald, causing his average-sized ears to bear a resemblance to rocket fins. He has a well-defined jawline and a mouth that seems to be locked in a mild scowl most of the time. Apep has high arching eyebrows and nostrils that are always slightly flared. A long jagged scar cuts across Apep’s face from the left side of his forehead under his left eye and across his lips, where it ends at his jawline. He has a few similar scars around his body, such as a particularly red scar on his right jugular. Apep’s cheeks have several wrinkles in them, making him look older, as if he’s in his fifties. On the inside of Apep’s right forearm is a tattoo of an adder slithering down his arm towards his hand. Apep wears more or less the same thing every day; a white polo shirt made of stretchable material (like under armor), a pair of tan long khaki trousers, and a pair of white-and-brown golf shoes. The trousers are odd in that there appears to be an unsnappable flap in the back (though it can only be opened from the inside). It’s hardly even noticeable by the average eye, though, so it doesn’t raise many red flags. Hanging around Apep’s neck is a crude wooden ankh necklace that seems to be very old. If it’s particularly cold outside, Apep dons a charcoal grey long coat that comes to a little below his hips.

When Apep enters supernatural mode, he looks more like his namesake: the king of all snakes. When in supernatural form, Apep’s body becomes much more muscular than it already is. His skin is replaced by dark red scales like that of a red spitting cobra’s, and is occasionally adorned with a black band a few inches across. Apep grows a long snakelike tail when in snake form, though keeps his legs. The tail explodes forth from the flap in the back of his pants. Apep’s snake form has a very long neck and head like a spitting cobra’s (dark red with a black hood). The hood is constantly opened, and Apep is unable to close it. Apep sports a rather large pair of fangs in this form, and his eyes are yellow like a viper’s, with a black slitted pupil. Apep’s clothes stay the same when he’s in snake form (thus explaining why his polo is made of athletic material, so it can stretch with his bulk). His fingernails and toenails turn into black lizard-like claws.

Personality: Apep is one part Badass grandpa, one part noble demon with a splash of the deadpan snarker, and a hint of the dragon. Basically (since I doubt you’ll read all of those) Apep was once the king of the badasses. Ruthless and merciless, with a short temper and the mental prowess to control it to his advantage, Apep used to be one helluvan opponent. He has killed hundreds in his life and tortured twice as many. Through it all, though, Apep was noble about it. He doesn’t (and didn’t) stab enemies in the back or cheat people. Apep is always honest and gives you the truth (rather bluntly most of the time). He acts evil (when he has his occasionally fifteen minute break from retirement) but doesn’t intentionally try to be as big of a jerk as he can. He’ll burn down the castle, but only after everyone has escaped. He’ll conquer a village but won’t completely destroy it to make an example because that’s petty. Apep sees himself as too strong to sink to those levels, and so he doesn’t do those things. Apep’s put it all behind him, though. He doesn’t fight or kill anymore (unless you’re dumb enough to step foot on his lawn) and he no longer devours souls. Apep will do whatever he has to in order to prevent fighting, though will still kick your ass if you try to harm himself or an innocent person. He is a master of the “not my problem” excuse for not fighting, something that he regrets but sees as necessary. Oftentimes when Apep uses his powers he finds himself reliving the days when he fought against armies of Crusaders and Moslems, something that he regrets very much. I wouldn’t assign PTSD to Apep, but he has the occasional nightmare (questionably a nightmare). Now Apep spends most of his days in his home in Edgehollow, tending to his greenhouse garden or reading the over two-thousand years of classic literature that he ignored while chopping heads. He is currently working on a novel accounting his time as a soldier in the Egyptian army (why not, you know?). He travels quite a bit, often visiting sprawling ancient cities like Rome and Constantinople that he hasn’t seen since they were new.

Biography: Still working on this but I want to get the sheet up. So WIP.

Family: Being an immortal snake demon doesn’t really work well with raising a family.

Relationships: Apep more or less tends to himself and stays out of other conflicts.

Skills and Abilities

Skills: Apep has mastered quite a few mediums of combat in his day and age. He can fight very well with several swords. He is decent with a gun, but prefers bladed weaponry. Apep is very knowledgeable about many things, and is a history wizz (considering that he lived through most of it). He speaks *takes deep breath to prepare self* Ancient Egyptian, Latin, Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Sumerian, Hindi, English, French, Portuguese, German, Russian, and a little Chinese. His Aramaic, latin, ancient greek, and sumerian are kind of rusty, though, as he hasn’t spoken any of them in over a millenia. He can read Sanskrit, Sumerian Cuneiform, and hieroglyphics. Apep used to be a fairly decent sculptor, but had an unfortunate mishap a while back that has prevented him from doing it again (how else do you think the Sphinx lost its nose?)  

Powers: When in human form, Apep is relatively limited. In all forms he is resistant to damage by normal weapons and has an advanced healing factor (like all demons). He can see the supernatural and is very good at cutting through the best of disguises (he knows the rooster is a cockatrice just by looking at it). In both forms Apep is capable of spraying molten copper like a spitting cobra at opponents (though when in snake form this copper is twice as hot). Ramses is in top physical condition in human form and is pretty strong (not quite bench-press-a-prius-while-breaking-your-arm strong, but he can hold his own in an rp filled with superhumans). When in snake form, Apep gets a lot stronger. His strength nearly doubles and he becomes capable of moving at 45 mph, something that human form Apep couldn’t dream of. Apep’s bite does not contain poison, but instead is flaming hot, badly burning enemies who are bitten by him. He can spray molten copper accurately from fifty feet. Another power Apep has when in snake form is a limited ability to control aspects of the weather, namely humidity and heat. Apep can intensify the sun’s rays  and cause the humidity to drop significantly, turning any battlefield into a desert. If you’ve really pissed him off, Apep can raise the temperature to around 125 degrees, hot enough to seriously handicap enemies. He can control winds limitedly as well, allowing him to buffet enemies with super-hot wind or cool himself and allies with a cool breeze. Finally, Apep can communicate with reptiles (namely snakes), as well as supernatural creatures similar to reptiles (dragons, cockatrices, basilisks, etc).

Strengths:
-demon damage resistance
-can spray molten copper at enemies
-burning bite
-super strength
-relatively fast speed and reflexes
-can intensify the sun’s rays and decrease humidity
-can talk to snakes.

Weaknesses: Firstly, weapons with seals can hurt Apep just like any other demon. He can also be permanently harmed (as in bypasses his healing factor) by silver and “living metal”, Damascus Steel (it’s said the metal was invented for the sole purpose of killing Apep). Apep cannot stand humidity and cannot swim. He naturally sinks in water. Apep absolutely cannot stand the cold, and can freeze to death easily due to his cold blood and desert environment. Apep’s sun powers only work when it’s sunny out- he cannot cause the clouds to move out of the way of the sunlight he’s intensifying. Another issue with Apep’s powers is that he’s not immune to his own heat waves, which is why he needs to keep a cool breeze on himself whenever he’s using his powers. If one were to prevent him from creating this breeze, then he would eventually overheat just like everyone else (though he comes from the desert and is used to extreme heat, so it would take a while).

Other: mix. Apep has a pet Pharaoh (breed of dog) named Ramses. I won't make a sheet for the dog because it has absolutely no supernatural powers whatsoever. It's just a dog.

Last edited by Maxx on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Maxx, I haven't set an official age limit, but you're going to force me to do so. From this point on, I am naming the official average Demon and Fay lifespan to be around a thousand years. You're going too far with the age, here. I can be pretty slack, but I've got my limits.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Well he is based off of an ancient Egyptian god. But I see your point.

Besides the age, is he accepted?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm

My character needs to be at least 1400 years old, or I'm going to have to rewrite a ton of my sheet.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 pm

No, Maxx, you're making too many glorious characters here with histories of destroying massive armies and such. I made an old character that's over five-hundred years old, but if you read his sheet, there's nothing in there about him going to war and single-handedly destroying thousands of people. You need to tone down things, not all your characters have to be adults, and not all of them have to be powerful from the start.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:20 pm

I don't want to make kid characters. And if you were a soldier for over a thousand years you would have killed a lot of people too. You are being very strict with other people's sheets in my opinion vipes. We don't want to just make normal characters. Normal is boring. I want my character to be someone special, not some faceless demon with no experience ready to get steamrolled by whatever you throw at him. I really don't see the problem here. There's no rule against characters with a history. You did the same thing to Jabbar and while I understand that because he was a bit over the top, Apep really isn't. He's just a guy with a long dark history. If I had made him still an active mercenary, then I'd see the problem, but he isn't. There's nothing against the rules about Apep.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Okay, issue cleared up in the chatbox, I misunderstood parts of the character sheet, sorry about that, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Hey vipes, what's the average temperature of Edgehollow?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 pm

That kind of depends on the season. Since everyone is back from spring break, I'd say on average the current daily temperature is about sixty degrees, but if it rains or gets windy, it could drop about five or ten.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:29 am

Hey can I give Apep a magic sword? I meant to put it in my sheet but it slipped my mind. I just realized that he has no way to break the healing factor of other demons (and I believe two of the three other demons here can).
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 am

technically speaking, Maxx, Apep's natural abilities as a demon bypass the damage resistance of other demons, but I suppose you can, though technically, it would have to be a pretty special sword, most likely gifted by a Seer. Also, you shouldn't make the sword too powerful, seeing as your character is a demon with strong abilities already. There's a unique backstory for Blake's sword that'll be revealed IC-side, which is why I intentionally made it hard for the blade's origins to be determined.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 am

He said break the healing factor, which not all demons should do for balance reasons. That's my opinion anyways.

I'm having a friend proofread my sheet for grammatical errors, nothing else will be changed though.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 am

You can't really break the healing factor, no matter what kind of weapon it was, Demons heal abnormally fast compared to humans, I just thought he meant bypassing damage resistance.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:47 am

He might of, but that's not what he said. Anyways, I'm glad that's cleared up. The terms were being used interchangeably, and I was getting confused.

There are two characters able to suppress other's healing though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 am

So Apep's powers (the copper venom and burning bite) wound demons in the same way that a seer's weapon would?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 am

Yes, they would injure Demons because the attack was demonic in nature. It basically means the attack is more effective than your average knife. Imagine armored scales on a demon. Normal knife? it will probably just cause a small scratch. Seer knife? It'll cut through as though they were regular skin.

Another note I should mention, seals Seers use can do more than just make a weapon that's effective against Dark Spirits or Demons and Fay. They can set ones up that form a barrier to imprison or keep the things out, and there's other things seals can do, though those are considered more advanced, and Seers have to have the power to activate the seals, first. Seals take a bit of spiritual energy to activate, and the more complex or powerful a seal is, the more energy that's needed, and the more focus required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .::Bind::. (OOC)   .::Bind::. (OOC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

.::Bind::. (OOC)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next