Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keros Divided (OOC)

Go down 
+2
The Stalker of Shadows
Derkal
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm

The name was mentioned already. It's called the Fiery Fields, and in my very first post I described how it looked. Basically, it's a volcanic valley with literal lakes of lava, with tiny islands of rock connected by old wooden bridges. It's pretty desolate, the only true living plants are Fire Flowers, which kind of have flames coursing through their leaves, and any other plant life is just old dead trees that are pretty much charred black. Only thing that's nice is the sky, which is really beautiful, and it always looks like night time.

Here's a picture I pieced together that looks like it. Please note that the sky always looks like night, and that it's very beautiful.

Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 Kerosdividedthefieryfie
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I see it sounds beautiful in a savage sort of way. Ryuim is a land with a lot in common with Boreal forest of the far north, only with warmer weather.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah, I'm one of those people that like to make dangerously beautiful locations. The other location, the island where Warrain is, it's sort of like those beautiful tropical beaches.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Nice maybe in time we could all wind up there. What you think on my posts in the IC?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 pm

pretty good, but you need to post a bit more. One-liners make it difficult for others to enjoy posting, because short replies aren't as fun to read.

Anyway, the Messenger pretty much has a million maps on his person, and the people in Emerald Falls are so scared of Pyrena that they might just rush your character (I haven't learned his name yet, because you have yet to mention it in IC) if he decides to speak with them before going to fight the scary creature. I'm ready for character interaction, too, so I might rush to begin with.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 pm

His name is Ryien. And I agree. It would best of he went striat up the volcano. Its best if his kind doesn't get to know your villagers
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:56 pm

'Kay.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 pm

I already posted. He's about to head up the volcano
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 8:42 pm

I replied. Now we have a bit of backstory. The Messenger's Grandma was a pretty brave old woman, and Pyrena knew her.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Now he's coming up the path. I wonder how she'll respond to Rynier climbing to her home?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Proably, she's pretty freaked out right now, what with the moons ruining the gravitational pull on lava, and the fact that the Volcano is going to erupt sooner than it should.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:21 pm

I bet she goes nuts!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Well, she'll be pretty angry. She's kind of losing it because of shock.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

I can understand that kind of reaction. If I'd been lonely all my life I'd freak too.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Well, the attack has begun.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am

So i see! And Rynier is using powers of his own.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am

Well, in that case, he's fooled her eyes, but as for her other senses, not so much. She can still find him based on how he affects the lava.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 am

Not just her eyes, but all the normal senses as well. Otherwise the illusion isn't complete.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 am

Well, that doesn't really make sense. You said he controls light on the character sheet, which means optical illusions only, really realistic ones. You can't alter perception of sound, taste, or smell, with light. Besides, it would be too easy to win a fight if he fooled all the senses. Even if Pyrena can sense him, it still puts her at a disadvantage because she can't be sure what she is seeing is real.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 am

piont taken. So not that. anyway it doesn't matter. illusions don't work on her too well anyhow.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:40 am

Well, she's got a very powerful instinctive side, and she isn't thinking super-logically. You could say her senses are heightened by a sort of fight-or-flight response.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 am

i see. doesn't matter either. Rynier just tried to tackle her.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:02 am

Well, now we're watching a bit of a rodeo impression. Don't forget that in beast form Pyrena is like a Percheron horse, which was bred specifically to carry heavy weight, yet to also possess greater agility, there's a bit of Arabian horse blood involved. However, she's not exactly used to that, and most of her aggressiveness is just the volcano. She's starting to tire out.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:13 am

Well Rynier has a really tight grip. So he'll hang on as long as he's conchuos and maybe a bit afterwords. It's his claws that let him do it. as well as his strength.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 am

Well, Pyrena's pretty much done, so now she's going to try to escape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keros Divided (OOC)   Keros Divided (OOC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keros Divided (OOC)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next