Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...

Go down 
+2
JunkMail
Mr Allen J
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

Maxx, I just got a great idea: How about Peter comes to Johnny/Sylvia to help him with Claire?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 am

I got the bio in. It's a rough draft, but it should do adequately.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 am

Interesting. The bio is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 am

Post comin' up.

Hm... I need a new theme for Claire. Something upbeat and metal-y, like Metallica.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 am

Or dubstep? I can help you out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 am

posted. did my post portray the rich bitch stereotype well enough?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:01 am

No. No dubstep please.

Just a notice; I'm getting rid of Matt and Ahmed and replacing them with some...darker...characters.

Note that if this goes against the "average joe" rule, I will edit it.

name: Carter Eldridge

appearance: Well, that's a little complicated. Imagine your worst fear, just a thousand times worse. In his non-mutated form, Carter appears as a six foot tall humanoid wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and matching black jeans, along with ruined black tennis shoes. His face...well...he doesn't have one. His face is completely covered over by what looks like a thick, slimy black film that's almost oil-like. The film smells terrible, like the worst thing you've ever smelled, though the particular odor is different from person to person. Though he has no face, he can still see, hear, and smell, though apparently cannot smell his own odor.

personality: Carter's mind is as broken as his appearance. Years of isolation and fear have caused him to become more animal-like and human-like. He is very instinctive, and fears humans, though, like most animals, his fear often turns into violence. He is seen as a monster by all, and it weighs down on his psyche. He has taken to talking to himself obsessively out of sheet loneliness (like Gollum from Lord of the Rings), and constantly refers to someone named "Lenore", who seems to be his imaginary friend.

powers: Carter is known as an Eldritch Abomination. He has the ability to shapeshift into any object. Well, sort of. When he transforms into an object or person, he becomes a severely warped, mutilated form of whatever he is turning into. Each transformation is different, even if he is transforming into something that he's already turned into before. The abominations can look like pretty much anything and only vaguely resemble the original human. Common mutations are long, slimy tentacles in place of long hair and massive, sloth-like claws instead of long fingernails. The slime itself has the same protection and strength of human skin, though heals about three times faster.

Now for drawbacks. Firstly, Carter's makeup gives him fits. The black slimy film on his body absorbs heat, making him quickly begin to overheat in bright sunlight. Secondly, the film is highly flammable, causing Carter to fear fire over anything else. When he sees any kind of flame, instinct takes over and he runs, for if fire touches him, hi entire body would go up in a fiery explosion, instantly killing him.

other: he is currently being contained in a biomedical research facility north of Black Falls.

Addendum-C1: on the makeup of Carter.

Carter's gelatinous makeup has been identified as some sort of nonmatter substance, though is not antimatter or strange matter. In normal form, his mass fluctuates increasingly without his body mass changing, meaning that some of his cells can actually faze out of existence in unpredicted ways. Secondly, the fact that his shapeshifting abilities are not limited by his amount of cells also breaks the laws of matter, meaning that his body can spontaneously create new cells out of what appears to be thin air, and destroy them at will. This does not seem to give him any sort of advantage, as he can be damaged as easily as a human can, and cannot control these weight and mass fluctuations.

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 am

I will comment on your sheet in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Now I'm going to get this out of the way since I was planning on revealing it at a later date but to be honest it's not that much of a reveal. There is a secret organization out there under the wing of government with their own special-forces sect that's specifically trained to hunt down mutants when they are discovered. They have eyes and ears everywhere especially research facilities. So I'm going have to ask that no one else puts anything along the lines of "captured for research" without running it by me, now on to the yel- I mean commenting.

First of which, Maxx. For starters no acid or toxic skin. The Eldritch Shape shifting is powerful enough on it's own.

Now on to you Operator. I have been thinking a lot on the subject and talking to a few people, and I have came to a decision. I know this is a bit late but I'm going have to ask that you nerf Proto more--- for starters get rid of the healing and make him heal like a regular human. Then I also want you for here on end to- you know make Proto a more original character since at this point he's basically Alex Mercer.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Alright. I'll take that part out.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 pm

I was actually thinking about that today, so, I began to think of a new character. Naturally, in doing so, I had to come up with a way to transition Proto out of the roleplay so I would only have to focus on my allowed character. So, I came up with a way. Here's the sheet, feel free to judge.

Name: Nickolas

Appearance:
Nickolas is a rather nice looking individual, no model, but good enough looking for girls to think he's cute. To start off, Nick has grayish green eyes, dirty blond hair, and fair skin. He stands at about 5'6 and weighs about 110 pounds. He's fit from his constant conditioning that Jason gives him (You'll get it once you finish reading the sheet), but in a more cardio way. He wears a pair of worn blue jeans with tears at the knees with a white Volcom shirt, a hoodie with a gray torso area and black sleeves. He always wears his hood down, that it, unless he's trying to not be noticed (You'll see). He has a pair of black running shoes, some fingerless gloves, and wears a grey beanie on his head. (A few misc. items include braces, a white Nixon watch, and a silver necklace from his dad.)

Personality:
Nick is a bit of a trouble maker, playing pranks on other people is one of his favorite pastimes. If he isn't doing that, then he's... Hey! Where's my wallet?! Thats right, he's stealing from other people. He's currently enrolled in the Black fall orphanage and is one of the older kids there, just below the current caretaker, the twenty one year old Jason (Who was once enrolled too, but aged out). Jason is the only one who knows of Nick's power, and has helped Nick learn to control it. Of course, he's nowhere near mastered it, but he's getting there. Back on topic, Nick is actually a funny and generally happy person who tries hard to get over loosing his dad.

Other:
Similarly to Proto, he lives off other people, except he doesn't eat them. Instead, he just pickpockets them. He's one good pickpocket.

Nick never knew his mother, his father died in a car crash while Nick was in the car, an he thinks that his power finally showed itself then and caused it.

Against what Nick thinks, it is unknown when exactly his power came up.

Nick's lived in the orphanage for ten years. He was brought there by a few homeless who found him and his father. By that time, his dad was already gone, but they took him and enrolled him into the orphanage while another tried his best to alert the police and ambulance. Nick uses some of the money he steals to buy them food on a regular basis as thanks.

Nick, although only fifteen, he doubled up in his elementary grades to get his high school education earlier. He doesn't want to go to college yet, as he wants to help Jason keep up the orphanage. He doesn't plan to leave until he's at least eighteen.

Power:
Nick has the ability to alter both his gravitational pull (Along with anything he's touching, or wants to move, like a chess piece or a rock. As long as it's not heavier than him.), and magnetize any substance he so desires. Meaning he can walk on the ceiling if he wanted too. The only problem is that he can accidentally alter both at the same time (His gravity makes him go to the ceiling, but he magnetizes the floor in his general area and himself which pulls him back down to the ground), causing his powers to negate each other. So if he was walking around on the ceiling, he would fall if both decided to activate.

Have Nick pickpocket Proto and go to the party (Free food for himself and the homeless he helps, he can finally buy the game he's been wanting to!). I'll have Proto have to skip town because some undercover man finds out about him or something.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:08 pm

My only problem is that everyone has "relatively attractive" characters. I don't know how fifteen year olds and kids of similar ages can be hot, or sexy, or sexually appealing in any way (undeveloped body, I mean seriously). Another common one? Pale skin. Slim figures, too. I want a fat guy to come in. Or even a fat girl, those are even less common.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Then why don't you make one?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 pm

Because I'm too involved in other things already, and it wouldn't fit with the story I had in mind for Black. Why do you ask? Are you cacomorphobic?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 pm

No, but you just answered your own question on why others aren't making obese or unattractive characters.

Also, I find it a bit, well, mean, that you would jump so fast to accusing me of being cacomorphobic. Thats a bit uncalled for, wouldn't you agree?

I just find it a bit... What's the word? Hypocritical? I'm not sure if this is the right context, but I think it's a bit hypocritical that you would want to see someone else to make a obese/unattractive character, but not be willing to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Oopsie, being sassy is just my natural response to dealing with judgmental yes-mans. Smile

Hypocrisy is a funny word, and can be a double edged sword; especially when used in certain contexts.
Quote :
I just find it a bit... What's the word? Hypocritical? I'm not sure if this is the right context, but I think it's a bit hypocritical that you would want to see someone else to make a obese/unattractive character, but not be willing to yourself.
Quote :
No, but you just answered your own question on why others aren't making obese or unattractive characters.
Though by definition, that wouldn't be hypocrisy. More like "not wanting to read thoroughly because thinking hurts".
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

It seems as if you're here to do nothing but fight. Its a shame, really.

Lets review these last few posts, I have asked you why you couldn't make a large character after you asked others to. You, in turn have accused me of being terrified of being around obese people. I have made the comment with the hypocrisy (While also mentioning that I wasn't sure if it was in correct context), then you called me a judgemental yes-man, then, if that wasn't enough, called me an idiot in one post.

Wat.

It took you a single post before you accused me of being judgemental (Seems legit) and stupid.

As with the yes-man part, I dont remember agreeing at every oppertunity I get.

I'm done here. Post all the insult you want. I can just IP ban you in a milisecond so that way you wont be able to come back with your alt Derpade acounts. That'll end this forum's problem (because lets face it, you're the only one right now).

Now, I'm going to predict how you're going to come back and act like you're a victim and go on about how I'm just a kid an how you're an important adult or whatever crap. So I'm going to leave this conversation now and let others deal with this so I don't get angry.

So please, have a good night.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 am

We are not continuing this. You want to, send it to me via PM.

-the Op
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am

You two. Knock it the hell off.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 am

I don't want this kind of conversation on thread, take it to PMs if you really need to discuss it.
Nickolas is fine, but what is the full extent of his gravitational pull/magnetism?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 am

I am thoroughly amused. Conversation will be moved to PM's as Nick requested.

A good post in the IC would be a good way to get this moving again.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am

Lieo wrote:
I am thoroughly amused. Conversation will be moved to PM's as Nick requested.

A good post in the IC would be a good way to get this moving again.

I'm working on one right now.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am

New Supplice wrote:
I don't want this kind of conversation on thread, take it to PMs if you really need to discuss it.
Nickolas is fine, but what is the full extent of his gravitational pull/magnetism?

I would say the full extent of the gravitation is nothing to much larger than him (Anything above 150 pounds would cause him to struggle). As for the magnetism, it can work very similarly to the gravity, except he can stick things together or cause things to hurl themselves at the enemy or whatever without expending too much energy.

The most he can do in terms of physical activity is alter his gravity so running around on earth is similar to running around on the moon.

Although this can work both ways when he either looses concentration or accidentally turns his magnetism on and pulls himself back down to earth rather forcefully.

Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:42 am

So is Proto officially history?

Also lone, check your Pms in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:43 am

Very well. Add another weakness to it and you'll be set. Though I have already added it to the OP since, what the hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...   Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Era of the Old/New Gods - Closed, may be reopened...
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next