Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."

Go down 
+4
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
The Stalker of Shadows
JunkMail
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:34 am

Just so you know, I'm using real places and everything in this. Hapeville City is an actual city just south of the middle of Georgia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 am

I'm not really gonna name a lot of places. Again, I prefer to just wing it.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:26 am

EDIT: I mistook this thread for Dark's RP; my bad.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 am

It's fine. Also, Operator, what do you think of Rachel getting a horse? It would just make her nickname make even more sense, and I'm also intending to have her associated strongly with animals.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 am

I'm fine with you getting it, as long as you add a detail of feeding it every so often and make sure it doesnt make too much noise. The zombie virus, while it does not zombify animals, will attenpt to pass itself along and will drive animals insane (Kinda like late stage rabies) and attack people.

I know I would kill the horse if it was noisy an attracting walkers, or a pain to keep up.

The question is, how will you find a horse? You dont just see them lying around.

This RP is darker than some of the others you've been in. This will rp will challenge your thought process on abilities to improvise and adapt. Things will go down, NPCs will be met, plot twists will do corkscrews. But, if you're smart about it, you can really have a lot of fun (Like Nick will soon be).

Speaking of which, I'm gonna have him drop his crowbar soon for a "Dead on Annihilator multi tool". It's a jack hammer, skull crusher, baseball bat, spear, crowbar, cap opener, line cutter and so much more all in one five pound device!

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Dead-on-annihilator
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:47 am

It's true that she's nowhere near any place with horses, but she could probably find a pasture up north and get one that way, although that means a lot of her trip is probably still going to be on foot, and the horse most likely will not have been ridden in a very long time. A horse in a pasture is more likely to survive for a year without humans than a horse trapped in the stables, although I imagine she'll look for the barn to get to the tack room. If she passes through a country area, there would be a lot of cows and horses. As for feeding and watering, I'm already thinking about that. It would actually be pretty easy, so long as grass is nearby, but she would have to stop to get water once in awhile, and watch while it grazed to make sure nothing it ate was poisonous. As for noise, a good horse wouldn't make too much, I don't think.

It's probably going to be a Morgan Horse, since those appear to be common, and the fact is that it's a well-balanced breed that has a lot of stamina, endurance, and is less likely to become spooked and give away Rachel's location. They also keep well and need relatively little food, and don't grow thin if there's a long pause between meals.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Then go ahead. I'll trust you with it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm just trying to let you know I'm not going to give her a purebred Arabian racing horse that's still used to being ridden, although if I could pick any horse of my own, that would be my first choice. However, her horse might very well have some Arabian blood, if it's not a purebred, since most modern horses have some sort of Arabian bloodline. Still, though, a horse that's been out to pasture goes soft-muscled, because they aren't carrying humans, so her horse will get tired faster in the beginning, although over time it will build up strength again as it grows used to carrying her, and if it survives long enough, it'll probably learn how to be quiet similar to the dog. I actually know a lot about horses, because for a short time there was a friend of mine who was an equine vet, but she left to practice in a different state so the office closed. She lent me a book that tells how to pick a good horse, so don't be surprised if my character displays a lot of knowledge regarding horses.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:40 pm

So. It seems a bit happened in my absence. Sorry about not posting. I had to stay late on kitchen duty to clean. After that I've been wiped out the last two days so I wheat to bed early.

Anyways is it possible for Keeper to link up with y'all as well? I never dialed down his exact location. All I've scad is his somewhere down south just off an interstate.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:20 am

Well, I have given you a lot of options. Keeper gassed up, correct? Perhaps Nick could be at the station he just left. Better yet, he could have a reason to go back down to the station as Nick just broadcasted a few messages over the radio to come to the gas station.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:32 am

Rachel's already heading north, so you won't get a further response from her for some time.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:23 am

well now that I think about it that could work. I read over the ic that y'all posted while I was off and that could work.

yeah nick could show up after Keeper leaves and he comes back that way for... I dunno he made a wrong turn or something?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 am

Or he heard Nick's broadcast over his motorcycle radio.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 am

hmm... that'll work. ill put up a post in a bit. just gotta think on it for a bit first.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:55 am

Well, now I'm just gonna bide time a bit until the part where she gets a horse. Right now I'm posting just her thought process, and what she's remembering.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 am

that's mostly what im doing till I get some character interaction.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 am

Well, it's easy to post thoughts when my character is not actively fleeing from a group of zombies. Because she's on foot, she's a lot more cautious about going near them to do things, even important stuff like getting supplies. She's more focused on escaping, rather than fighting.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 am

Are you still accepting new characters? I had an idea for a sixeen-year-old.
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes, I'm still accepting characters.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 pm

So should I go ahead and have Rachel get the horse, or keep posting on her journey? She's probably going to spend several hours getting proper equipment for it. Things like bits might have to be cleaned, if she gets a bridle that has one, because if it's rusty it would be a health hazard.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Alright. I decided to go with a girl character, since I rarely do those. I usually go to males in these types of RPs, so trying somethin' new.

----------------------------

Name: Samantha (Sam)

Physical Description: Samantha stands at about six feet tall. She is brown headed with blue eyes. Her skin is at a tan tone from being out in the sun so often. She is very slim and flexible because before the outbreak she had taken a form of karate (dojo) that involves a lot of flexibility. This helps her when she's in nasty situations that call for such talents. This also has made her have fast reflexes.

Personality: Sam is quite kind. She is a caring person who would willingly help out someone else. But she's very distrustful since what happened to her mother and her brother. When she finds someone new who's not infected, she usually tries to avoid them in fear that they might try to rob her of her supplies. She's not afraid though, she's a good fighter and a good shot with a gun.

Biography: Before the outbreak, Sam did have a small family. It was Sam, her brother, and her mother. Their father had gone away into the military. Before that though he had taught her all she needed to know about hunting which has helped her a lot in gun skills. Sam was crushed one day to hear that her father had died in the war. Another tragedy struck her when the outbreak happened. Her mother, brother, and her were out along the streets after someone had stolen their car and drove off. A small horde was coming up the road, about ten zombies. Cars were roaring past and they tried to call out for help. Other people were running down the streets as well. A group of men came by and tried to rob them of everything they had. They put up a good fight, but the fight delayed them and horde caught up to them. Her mother was bitten and her brother was shot to death by the bad men. Sam managed to kill the four men with a pistol after they became distracted with protecting themselves from the horde. After that, she dragged her mother along for as much time as she could. Her mother begged her to shoot her in the head, so she wouldn't turn and eventually Sam did to save her mother the horror of transforming into one of the creatures.

Weaponry: A pistol, a katana saber (that she stole from her old karate teacher after the outbreak), and a two knives.

Other Equipment: A backpack that carries: a flashlight, a box of batteries, black diary, a compass, a map, bottled water, a container for food, a box of matches, extra ammo.

Family(?): None. Sam now travels alone.

Other: WWZ

Last edited by Darkel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:51 pm

@Vipera
Go ahead and have er find the horse. We'll do a small timeskip if about two hours.

@Darkel
Remove one if the katanas, and only one to two knives. I want to keep a four weapon limit at te start. One katana is okay, but two is overkill. Added with the knives(?), which are horrible weapons against zombies because you need to go straight through the skull in order to get to the brain while also being in biting range. It's a good tactical tool, and you usually dont need more than one to get the job done.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm researching horse tack right now. Rachel will be able to get all the equipment quite easily, but she's going to have a whole bunch of stuff in her backpack solely for grooming and caring for a horse's coat and hooves. By the end of it all, her horse is going to be very beautiful, because she's going to take good care of it, and it'll wind up having a glossy coat like those show horses or something. Of course, riding it is a different matter.

Edit: She has found her horse, an Arabian/Morgan hybrid, which I have just recently learned is called a Morab horse, and is actually its own breed. The stallion she chose has a brindle coloration, much like the one in this picture, only a bit darker:

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Dunbargoldmain

And the Morab's typical build looks like this, but I wasn't able to get a good picture:

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Morab-horse
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 pm

hey my week in kitchen duty is finally over. thank god! so now ill be able to be on more next week.

dunno if im gonna put up a post tonight or not cuz of how tiered I am though.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:52 am

Alright, I did as you asked Op. Also, knives are handy depending on the situation and could prove well if she, say needed to cut through something that kept her bound to something else. If you're being tied to a tree with ropes, you really wouldn't use an entire katana to cut them unless that's all you had. You'd probably use a knife to get the job done. The knives aren't entirely for zombie killing but for other survival needs as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next