Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."

Go down 
+4
ViperaUnion
Mr Allen J
The Stalker of Shadows
JunkMail
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:32 am

Well, I don't know any PC characters that are planning on tying anyone up, but the bit about knives as tools is very true. Rachel herself mostly uses her splitting axe, as her knives are good quality and can be used for stuff like gutting fish.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 am

Sorry I haven't been online much today, guys. I've been busy. I'll make a post tomorrow as soon as I can.

Darkel, I'm not saying you didn't read my entire post, but if you did, you would've seen you just repeated what I have already said. Which was: "A knife is a good tactical tool, but you usually dont need more than one to get the job done." Thank you for making the changes, accepted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 pm

YAY! I AM FREE!!! Now i can finally put up a desent post. sorry, but when im posting from my phone my posts tend to be shorter. It's a such a pian to tpe on my tiny QWERTY keybord.

@ Op. Hey don't mean to call you out on this, but i Googled Hapeville to get a better idea of where it was and it's just North of the middle section of the state not south like you said. Its actully a suburb of Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

Location : A WORLD OF HOT, A WORLD OF SOOT - THE WORLD OF INDUSTRY

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Let me explain the very remote chances that your teenage characters are going to survive a zombie apocalypse...

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6J4KjK4KPgg-G3hyDLLxO9PGI6ouNcX77hTLeUE4Cr0fPJkJL

None of you would make it.

And glocks... did you know that they are used as secondary firearms in the military? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No normal fifteen year old could get their hands on one, let alone handle the recoil.
Back to top Go down
http://pocketmyrat.tumblr.com/
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Well my characer is 22 and has a 9mm. Therefore your argument is invalid.

Now are you gonna troll or join?
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I am fascinated by how you seem to believe that the world revolves around you, and that there must be absolutely nobody else that I could be referring to besides your glorious self. Perhaps, just maybe, if I said "15 and a glock", I could be referring to another individual? No? Of course not, how foolish of me. You're the most important person here, after all.

If you shove a random stranger, expect them to punch back.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Sorry. I'm just saying. And we could use members. Counting Dark we will have four when he posts.

but you do have something a piont aout the Glocks. They are extensivly used by the armed forces of a lot of ountries, but they can be bought retial.

anyways I'm ending this spat right now. I will not respond anymore to you if you cause trouble. not sayig you have, just a future warning. and i hope the other will do the same should you do so.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Any appetite I would have for a zombie roleplay was killed off long ago. But I'll think about it. I still need to make posts on RPP.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I need to visit there sometime agian. it's been a month or 2 since ive logged in there.

And just let us know if you do want to join.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Transvestite Administrator
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm

TheOperator wrote:
Sorry I haven't been online much today, guys. I've been busy. I'll make a post tomorrow as soon as I can.

Darkel, I'm not saying you didn't read my entire post, but if you did, you would've seen you just repeated what I have already said. Which was: "A knife is a good tactical tool, but you usually dont need more than one to get the job done." Thank you for making the changes, accepted.

I did but it must have fled my mind while making that post, XD. Anyways, thanks. How should I introduce Sam?
Back to top Go down
http://darklord979.deviantart.com/
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Lieo wrote:
Let me explain the very remote chances that your teenage characters are going to survive a zombie apocalypse...

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6J4KjK4KPgg-G3hyDLLxO9PGI6ouNcX77hTLeUE4Cr0fPJkJL

And glocks... did you know that they are used as secondary firearms in the military? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No normal fifteen year old could get their hands on one, let alone handle the recoil.

You obviously didn't read my character sheet. Glocks are very common fire arms and can be bought at any respecable gun store with a propper license. Tomahawks are used in the military, but were invented by native americans. Does that mean someone cant have access to them?

I really dont see why you feel the urge come in and knock the RP. I dont really care for your reasons either. Please, if you have an issue with the RP, just leave it be. If we wante you come come and be Chef Ramsey for us, we'd tell you. Are you that small of a person that you feel the need to put down other's work?

Second off, I have an eigth grade friend of mine who will go to the shooting range with his father and fire his dad's P90. He's younger that all of us and using a weapon on a whole other level against a target.

I'm not here to argue. I'm not here to instigate. I'm here to have relaxed and somewhat realistic writing practice. If you have an issue, either PM me about it so I can help explain a few things that you may have missed, or leave it be.

@Stalker- Tar is upstate. Racheal is in Florida. It's south so they travel equal distances and meet in the middle.

@Dark- Have him hear the radio transmission and head to Hapeville.

Last edited by TheOperator on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm

So op about the issue with the location of that town? is it signifigent?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Its really more of a nitpick if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:35 pm

@Op: okay, and she's a girl, XD
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

TheOperator wrote:
Lieo wrote:

You obviously didn't read my character sheet.
As a matter of fact, I did. G22 is a Glock, your character is fifteen year old... yup, all of my claims check in. Oh, might I add, your fifteen year old also has a tactical knife (how the hell does he even) and was impaled. No amount of rehabilitation is going to fix any liabilities. You will have trouble breathing when running, you will trip, and then you will die. If your character survives the initial outburst of zombies,it wouldn't be for long.
Quote :
Glocks are very common fire arms and can be bought at any respecable gun store with a propper license.
License. Cha-ching, there we go. Key term there. He won't break in either, especially with the amount of people dying to get in there. A good strong adult can push your asthmatic fifteen year old out of the way if he isn't crushed underfoot.
Quote :
Tomahawks are used in the military, but were invented by native americans. Does that mean someone cant have access to them?
Oh gee, I don't know. Are there any stores nearby that conveniently sells them that aren't made in China or Pakistan?

Quote :
I really dont see why you feel the urge come in and knock the RP. I dont really care for your reasons either.
It has long been established that I have a knack for popping my head in and pointing out the flaws; anybody who hasn't accepted that must be new here. Funnily enough, people don't seem to use me to their advantage and would prefer to argue than utilize my commentary.
Quote :
Please, if you have an issue with the RP, just leave it be.
Leaving a fallacy in an RP unpatched is like leaving a wound on a person left unbandaged. You ain't gonna get better.
Quote :
If we wante you come come and be Chef Ramsey for us, we'd tell you. Are you that small of a person that you feel the need to put down other's work?
I can outperform everyone here and my forum has a cumulative 150 members and has been running since October 2011. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote :
Second off, I have an eigth grade friend of mine who will go to the shooting range with his father and fire his dad's P90. He's younger that all of us and using a weapon on a whole other level against a target.
Good for him. It sounds like he has training. Whereas your character has been using hunting rifles. Usually .22s; lightweight, practically no recoil. It also takes proper form so that you don't hit yourself in the face. I wonder how well he can handle that gun being chased by dead people.

Quote :
I'm not here to argue. I'm not here to instigate.
Oh cool, neither am I.
Quote :
I'm here to have relaxed and somewhat realistic writing practice.
Awesome, let me help you with that.
Quote :
If you have an issue, either PM me about it so I can help explain a few things that you may have missed, or leave it be.
I don't miss. I was also being nice. I can rip your character apart even more if you want me to.

Last edited by Lieo on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Some wounds heal themselves, you know that to be true Lieo.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Scratches and scrapes do. Jumping on a nail leads to infections.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:32 pm

You complain about how we don't take your advice. It would be a lot more convincing to take your advice if you weren't as pessimistic about it.

Also, if by "your forum" you mean, RPP, I have to ask, you'd be StinkyPachem? Also, stating that you can--I forget how you worded it--outdo anyone here, not very good in my eyes.

All in all, not a good start on your first day back.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 pm

TheOperator wrote:
Gave me a gun, taught me to hunt. He helped me learn everything he did when he was in the military. He wasn't a marine. He was actually the C.O. or his squadron. Been in the military for several years. He taught me bits and pieces before. How to use a gun and shoot. When its right to use deadly force. But that was it. This was the real deal. Either you live or you die.

TheOperator wrote:
He gave me his badge, and had me take his life by his pistol as he didn't want to become one of... them. A Glock-22, to be exact.

These are in the first post Lieo.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Pessimistic is the wrong term; I would accept blunt and brutal, yes, but I haven't been given any semblance of a reason to think you deserve that kind of respect or admiration from me.

Gee, that took you a while. In any case, your word doesn't mean much to me, since you're still stuck in the anthropomorphic animal rut here, with anything else being riddled with plot holes.

Relate me to an unstable chemical - there has been some negative reaction from the other users here. As for the quarrel in GD? Not quite so much on my part. The black people were pretty mad when they were punished severely for many petty violations forty years ago.

Quote :
Gave me a gun, taught me to hunt. He helped me learn everything he did when he was in the military. He wasn't a marine. He was actually the C.O. or his squadron. Been in the military for several years. He taught me bits and pieces before. How to use a gun and shoot. When its right to use deadly force. But that was it. This was the real deal. Either you live or you die. He gave me his badge, and had me take his life by his pistol as he didn't want to become one of... them. A Glock-22, to be exact.
Admittedly, I had a long day. It's also hard to differentiate word from word in your OP... the grammar was poorly done (breaking rule 6). Regardless, point made - but then raises the questions about your point. The realism of your character. Your sheet states he is skinny, strong, a genius, an excellent marksman, and incredibly creative (I was looking for a time and place to mention this). It sounds like you want him to have the best of each world. Add in the fact that he has a Glock, a tactical knife, a crowbar (pretty much the whole set), isn't held back by the death of his family, and completely unbothered by the scar that indicates his horrible mortal wound, it all adds up to a dastardly Gary Stu, breaking rules 1 and 7.

Let's take a calm second to analyze this though, okay? I'm going to be nice here.

It really sucks that I picked your character apart. It's very discouraging, I get that. But let's think: what if I never mentioned that? What if - what if nobody ever mentioned that, and that you never got to see these little quirks in your character? You would have continued, doing the same thing over and over.

Woah.

That means you're continuing to demonstrate these flaws. That isn't improvement. Now that I brought your attention to them, what's next? I get it, I'm a big meanie. Does that mean you should justify these quirks? Let's say that you do... will you get better? Probably not. But since this already happened, what else can you do? Well, you could acknowledge these quirks and try to correct them in the future. After all, the character is already well in the story. Might as well play him out. In the future though? Let's focus on designing some more... relatable characters.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Lieo wrote:
Gee, that took you a while.

If you're referring to my question about you being StinkyPachem, let me say that I expected it for quite some time. If this is not in response to that, I'm still predicting that you are since if you probably casually ignored the question.
Back to top Go down
Lieo
Willy Wonka
Lieo

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 pm

You've turned into quite the conspiracy theorist, Groxy-poo.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 pm

I had hoped cooler heads would preview here, but looks like I was wrong.

anyways the location matters in that I was going to have Keeper stop off in the north of the state for some tools. I neglected to give him some. but I guess it'll still work is I have him stop somewhere just south of the Tennessee border.
Back to top Go down
Derkal
Derkal

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:12 pm

Lieo wrote:
You've turned into quite the conspiracy theorist, Groxy-poo.

Thanks to you, I have good reason. Don't pretend your innocent in our story. I remember the time you impersonated BB. I'm glad blackbird came in to the chatbox and busted you before you tricked me into anything.

So anyways, this argument stops here and now. Lieo has been banned for 1 day so moderation can agree on what to do with him. The ban acts partly to keep people from exploding any further. This is getting out of control and I don't want to ruin this thread for my dear friend Op.

All mods please have a looksies at the MHQ.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 pm

To be honest, I'm discouraged to even be on this forum whenever Lieo's on. He'll find a flaw in a post no matter what I do.

Poor grammar? Thanks.

Going out to show my character's bad side as soon as your previous point was shown to be invalid. Ouch, even after you threatened and I was as careful as I could be about speaking.

I'm glad he at least realizes that it is degrading to pick apart the whole character.

While he isn't held back by his family, he thinks of them all the time. I usually have him either mention or think about something a family member taught him or cherishes a memory in almost every post. And although I did forget about the wound which is a mistake on my part.

In a way, thanks for the little bit of critique. The fact that you realize that it is a bit mean makes it easier to look at and read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."   And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies." - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

And Whatever Days May Come: "I love zombies. If any monster could river dance, it would be Zombies."
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next