Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 am

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 am

Lots of birds.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:02 am

I know. Flight is apparently very appealing.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:04 am

AWESOME! Hey it's cool if my characters live on a beach near the ocean, right? Ospreys and frigatebirds don't belong in the forest.

Also Flox! Thou musteth put thine herring gull in the same place as Cyrus and Aaron.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:05 am

They can wake up on a beach, but it needs to be near the forest, in order for us to get on with the plot.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am

Lets just call this the Guardians of Ga'Hoole and call it a day.

Seriously, we have more birds than anything else. Ranging from segulls to raptors (Non dinosaur kind).

And then there's me who's half bird half reptile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
AWESOME! Hey it's cool if my characters live on a beach near the ocean, right? Ospreys and frigatebirds don't belong in the forest.

Also Flox! Thou musteth put thine herring gull in the same place as Cyrus and Aaron.

I might, but first I'd like you to make a post introducing them.

Also, Vipera, I know we talked a lot about the various areas, but I don't think beaches ever came up. Are they normal, or special? If it's the latter, detail would be greatly appreciated.

Also...

Theā“perator wrote:
...a much safer but more dangerous post.

Is it just me, or is that a rather ironic statement?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:27 am

The beaches close to the forest are relatively normal, but I won't say they aren't beautiful, with things like pink sand and those bright clear blue water. Of course, it's oceans like that where all the predators are.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:38 am

It was ironic. That was the aim.

Dead things would was up on shore in the Mesozoic. Carnivorous dinosaur would be patrolling the beach to scavenge dead things. I doubt you would see anything BUT them actually because I doubt a mammal would challenge one. Of course, you go too far out in the water and you'll be dealing with hells aquarium. Our seas are very very safe compared to what was inte the water back then. Sharks would be the least of your worries.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:40 am

Let's not turn this into Jurassic Park, Op. There's dinosaurs, but I don't want to say they're more common than the magical creatures, or the natural animals.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
They can wake up on a beach, but it needs to be near the forest, in order for us to get on with the plot.

I got that.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 am

Because dinosaurs aren't natural?

Vipera, anything in the water from the mesozoic would eat just about anything anything from today's oceans. Even whales. Predators like Liopleurodon hunted hundred foot long fish called Leedsichthys. I'm not saying they're more common. I'm saying that they would dominate certain terrains that they were made to live in. The beach would be a perfect example of that. It's nature. You don't fight something when it has a home field advantage and if you both have the home feild advantage, you stay out of the way of the bigger animal.

We have orcas.

They had creatures as big as Sperm whales. They had predators that ATE whales. They had giant twenty foot long fish that ATE sharks. They had thirty foot long sharks that ATE marine reptiles.

Here's Predator X, for example. Now tell me a creature in our seas that would stand up to it besides the Sperm whale.

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 Predator-x-size

Now, I'm not saying the mythical creatures wouldn't stand a chance depending on just how big you make them. There's the Leviathan, but there's only one of it. There's the hydra, but it is usually depicted as a creature that's about the size of a person (Or if not, fifty to sixty feet long). Unless you make mythical creatures the size of godzilla, which most weren't. I don't know too much about magical water based creatures, so you can judge on that, but I am willing to bet there are more species of killer water predators than there are magical ones.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 am

It doesn't matter, Op. I don't want the whole RP to become completely dominated by Dinosaurs and Mythical creatures, with no modern animals whatsoever. You can't have every single sea consist of the same creatures, if they're all sea animals separated by land, how are they going to get from one sea to the other? Besides, I told you already, we might have smaller dinosaurs, but larger ones like the T-rex and Sauropods will not appear. The fact is, that if something as big as Maxx described appeared in his opening post, I was going to have it replace Megalodons in a future plot.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 am

The Kronosaurus that tries to kill Aaron and Cyrus will be one of those weird black slime-monster thingies vipera talked about in the OP. It's just gonna show up in the water and try to eat everything. It's not supposed to be there, I mean.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:36 am

Well...wasn't exactly the maddened beast I was expecting for the plot to be introduced, but I suppose if you describe it the way infected creatures are supposed to look, it'll be okay.

Basically, creatures infected in black slime look like they're covered in tangled vein-like black vines. Sort of like those odd plants from War of the Worlds. They might also be covered in self-inflicted wounds.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:36 am

Megalodon was bigger than Kronosaurus. Just putting it out there. By a good ten to fifteen feet too. You really want something scary, go with Predator X or a POD of any large Mosasaur. If there's a swamp scene, I recommend you use Deinosuchus, Purusaurus, or Titanoboa (Who I considered as a character actually, Titanoboa I mean).

There are plenty of carnivorous dinosaurs that were only about twenty to thirty feet long (As big as Albertosaurus) that are known to have actively used the ocean. Megalosaurus, Afrovenator, Neovenator, Sinraptor, Concavenator, Eustreptospondylus, the list goes on. I'm not even counting the Spinosaurs either. Baryonyx, Irritator, and even Suchomimus if you are willing to go that big. I doubt anything would have gone in their ways.

Bears for example would've easily coexisted with some of the smaller spinosaur family due to the fact that they ate fish and weren't predatory. You could realistically see them on the same turf. But against an active predator who was potentially a pack hunter like Neovenator? I doubt it.

Sea reptiles can pass from one area to another through flood waters or rivers. They're still air breathers. They aren't kept in one place because of how salty the water is. They're kept in one place because they can't coexist with the predators on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 am

With all the birds I'm glad I didn't use the hornbill character idea. Still thinking...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:42 am

If I ever go back in time, remind me to stay away from the Jurassic Era in general...

EDIT: One of our slime monsters must be a giant sloth.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

yes! I agree
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 am

Op, not all the dinosaurs will be present in the story, and they aren't the dominant species. I do not want Eukara to be turned into a dinosaur RP, because if that's the case, then it defeats the point of why the setting is so special. We aren't going back in time to past eras on planet Earth, and there's environmental factors that might favor other creatures better than dinosaurs. I want to say the population is an even mix of dinosaurs, modern animals, and mythical creatures.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:02 am

Cretaceous, in my opinion, was far worse. They had fish that ate pterosaurs, big sharks, elasmosaurs, like, four different pliosaurs (Like Kronosaurus and Predator X), mosasaurs, even the sea birds were big enough to eat you. Then you had Tyrannosaurs and several spinosaurs stalking the shoreline depending on the time and place...

Lets just make an agreement to just stay away from the Mesozoic in general. Triassic had nothosaurs and massive icthyosaurs. Jurassic had pliosaurs and oceanic crocodiles, and the Cretaceous had everthing above.

Vipera, your post just proved my point. You dont challenge animals who have a home field advantage. Dinosaurs would have the beaches because they had larger predators and a more open space to move around. Mammals would own most of the foresty area because their smaller sizes would allow them to maneuver theough the terrain easier. Dinosaurs and any large mythical creature would be top dog in open ground because of their size. A Savannah would be a perfect example of this. Big creatires rule in the savannah. Swamps would be the gray area due to the fact that many animals call those places home. Hippos, elephants, spinosaurs, crocodiles, etc.

Now please tell me, why would you create an argument to my foremost statement on this subject, because I cant think of one mammal who actively uses the beach as a source of food other than maybe seals.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 am

I thought you said no mythical creatures...

Anyways, I posted. I hope my Pliosaurus was convincing enough for the evil beastie role.

I am considering making a character that is a wildcat of some type. Are there any types of wildcats that live and/or lived near the water?

EDIT: Nick, if dinosaurs loved the beach so much, could your Allosaurus end up at the beach my characters are at?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:06 am

While it's bot a cat, Andrewsarchus is something to look into, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:08 am

Theā“perator wrote:
While it's bot a cat, Andrewsarchus is something to look into, Maxx.

That thing is a total badass. Looks like a hyena mixed with a rhino mixed with a boar. I am totally doing that.

Anyways, nick, if your dino is in the mood for scavenging, there's about to be a lot of food on the beach. *hint-hint*
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 am

He could very well end up on the beach if he starts getting hungry (The rest of the group probably wont want him around when he is) and scavenge anything that washes up on shore.

And he's a Tyrannosaur by the way. Think tiny two fingered claws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: