Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Well, to solve the dino issue, we could make some sort of creature that eats a lot of dinos regularly to keep them being too top dog.

Just an idea though...

Btw, I do think this RP is starting off generally well. The main issue seems to be too many dinos in Eukara.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 pm

FlowerFox wrote:
Well, to solve the dino issue, we could make some sort of creature that eats a lot of dinos regularly to keep them being too top dog.

Just an idea though...

Btw, I do think this RP is starting off generally well. The main issue seems to be too many dinos in Eukara.

Fixed that already. Dinosaurs eat dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:05 pm

Well, that might work, if the dinosaurs see others dinosaurs as more suitable prey that provides more sustenance than the typical animals, or easier to kill than mythical things. I suppose we could also introduce giant lampreys to prevent the sea from becoming overpopulated by the large predators, although they won't be completely absent.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't see how lamprey would pose a real threat through. They're just eel shaped cookie cutter sharks. Unless you're dealing with a massive swarm you wouldn't be in much trouble.

Idea.

Why dont we have normal sized lampreys that travel in packs of thirty to forty? We could call them Aqua Horrors that will feed off of anything they come across?
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 pm

That's a great idea. If lampreys travel in huge swarms, they can ambush the larger creatures, which will keep down the prehistoric predators and prevent them from overpopulating.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:10 am

Ugh, Lampreys. Those things terrify me.

Aw... but I was gonna have my shorebird army slay Predator X... can I still kill it? I have a foolproof plan provided that flox wants to help. I need to do that both to break up the fight between Jake and Damien and to start the rivalry between Aaron and Cyrus.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:18 am

It's not really a fight. They're still people, so they're civilized. Jake reacted because he thought Damien was wild.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
It's not really a fight. They're still people, so they're civilized. Jake reacted because he thought Damien was wild.

Oh. I was expecting a prehistoric beatdown.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:30 am

Go ahead, but afterwards, you need an excuse to get your guys back into the clearing with everyone else so the main plot can start.

Also, on an unrelated note, I had the sudden urge to share the dream I had last night with everyone (Actually, it was a nightmare). Zombies invaded my school, and I was running for my life, but I don't remember clearly if I got bit or not, one grabbed me, and I think if I did get bit in the dream, it took a bite out of my shoulder/neck area...somehow I kept running, though...I hate nightmares...
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 am

Think about it, Maxx. They're both predators so injuring each other could mean death later on. Most animals today will try to establish dominance through means that wont harm each other. Now, this isn't always the case, such as when Jake grabbed the Rugops around the neck, but it had light armory hide that make it little more than a show or power. Neither party was injured badly. One just backed off.

I've played enough Black Ops zombies to know were this is going. Gimme knife and a small gun and I'll round up all the zombies into a train.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:36 am

Alright vipes.

You know what we need in this RP? A Spock; a cold, analytical guy who always follows logic.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:38 am

Sounds like Vipera's dream boy.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 am

Hmmm. And who will create this Character?
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 am

Hey... That sounds like just the character I was working on! It's an owl who is probably more of a sherlock than a Spock, but he's still not the warmest guy on the planet (or Eureka). I'll probably get the sheet done somewhere today.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 am

Done! Okay, here's my character sheet:

Name: Desmond

Species: Bubo bubo (Eurasian Eagle-Owl)

Dietary preference: Carnivore

Appearance: Looks like this.

Personality: Desmond isn't among the most social of people. This is mostly caused by his great lack of empathy, and his tendency to state whatever occurs to him without considering someone else's feelings. This doesn't mean he doesn't care about other people, though. He often bluntly states what others don't want to see, thinking to do them a favor, but often hurting their feelings in the process. When faced with a serious situation, Desmond will always choose the most logical course of action.

Abilities: Eurasian Eagle-Owls possess extraordinary vision. They can spot a mouse or a worm in the grass even when they're flying high in the sky, especially in low-light conditions. Their eyes are specifically adapted to this so-called Binocular Vision. This adaption does come with some disadvantages, though; Owls are far sighted, and cannot focus on objects that are less than a few centimeters away. Also, owl eyes are tubes instead of spheres, and cannot rotate in their sockets. This is why owls have evolved to be able to turn their head 180 or even 360 degrees.
As a human, Desmond was always good at deducing the recent or distant history of a place from very small details. When applied to people, this may give the uncanny impression that he is able to read minds.
Owls' wings are developed to muffle the sound of flight. This ability, combined with his feathers' camouflage pattern, allows him to approach completely unnoticed, especially at night.

Other: Cloud Forest!

Oh, about the double post: Sorry.

Last edited by LucanArcher on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 pm

TheⓍperator wrote:
Sounds like Vipera's dream boy.

LOL!

@Archer: Please make a link to that picture by using [url(insert link here)]some text [/url]

EDIT: Nvm I fixed it for you.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks. Very Happy Let's hope Vipera sees this soon.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:14 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Go ahead, but afterwards, you need an excuse to get your guys back into the clearing with everyone else so the main plot can start.

Also, on an unrelated note, I had the sudden urge to share the dream I had last night with everyone (Actually, it was a nightmare). Zombies invaded my school, and I was running for my life, but I don't remember clearly if I got bit or not, one grabbed me, and I think if I did get bit in the dream, it took a bite out of my shoulder/neck area...somehow I kept running, though...I hate nightmares...

Play Lollipop Chainsaw lately? Or watch High School of the Dead? I've done both yet no Zombies.

Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:20 pm

soooooooooooooo many birds.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Yeah, you don't get the chance to play a flying character every day. Let's hope it doesn't affect the story negatively. I don't think it will, though.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:29 pm

No, DB means we have an overwhelming majority of birds in regards to how many modern animals there are. Regardless, your character is accepted, Lucan.

Also, I got the joke that time. Yes, I have a very dry sense of humor, but that was actually pretty funny.

In other news, I might introduce a fourth character that's smaller than the other animals, so I have two male characters and two female characters. I think it'll be a honey badger, because those animals, despite their size, are really tough.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm

@Vipera: Okay, thanks!

I've introduced Desmond in the IC thread. He's coming in Aaron's direction now. I forgot to tell you, he was a chief inspector at a certain police office in Great-Britain back in his human life. Also, if our characters die, can we replace them? Just a question.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:51 pm

I suppose it might be possible to replace a dead character, but we might need an alternate way of bringing them in. I said that the tree that the creature inhabits basically supports the foundation of Eukara, so perhaps the realm will slowly begin to fall apart as the story is told, and as a result, we could say rifts on occasion will start to open up and let creatures from the human world into Eukara. That would be a way that we could introduce new characters. Of course, that also means that the human world is in danger as well, because what would happen if a rift let something dangerous into the human world? We could say that, but we would need a way to prevent characters from bailing out of a quest if they find a rift. Perhaps some of the rifts lead to other worlds that are even more dangerous than Eukara.
Back to top Go down
LucanArcher
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Or rifts just collapse very quickly, just spitting someone out and disappearing before someone can jump through to the other side. There was no mention of any rifts in the places the characters woke up.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Good point. That sounds like a plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: