Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Well, I needed to think of a name fast, and you remember how I mentioned AP Biology? I had that on my brain when I thought up the name.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:50 pm

I see. Quiet clever in retrospect.
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

Location : Lets leave at this: Don't look away from your computer

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:06 am

Name: James

Age(human years): 14

Species: Falco Sparveritus(American Kestrel, bird of prey)

Dietary preference: carnivore

Appearance: about 14 inches from head to tail. Males are a bit smaller than female kestrels. Light brown with a speckle of black dots. Smaller than most birds of prey, but tends to blend in better.

Personality: timid and cautious around others, but aggressive when competing for just about anything. Likes to lay about, but when he wants something, he'll do anything to get it. When confronted with difficult problems, he will tend to think negatively and often make his performance in the task even worse. Not being a very good listener, he's not exactly going to take one for the team if he needs to, and won't listen to those who don't express themselves strongly as the leader. Other than that, he typically will have sudden feelings of negativity, to strong feelings of confidence.

Abilities: flight(obviously), hunting, attacking and speed. He can collect sufficient amounts of food, and isn't going to starve. Talking isn't exactly his thing, but when he's surrounded by ten baddies, flying away at fast speeds can serve a lot of useful purposes. That's not saying he's going to ram a rhino at a hundred miles a hour, but catching small things is surprisingly easy with his talons

Other: cloud forest
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:19 am

Accepted.

Once Put gets his character in we can start.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 2:20 am

Started making a sheet. Got 8/10 through it. Scrapped it somewhere in Microsoft Word because I don't feel like writing up a personality.

That's how lazy I am.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm a working on it..... Doin' a bit of research on it first....
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Name: Jake Lance

Age (Human Years): 22

Species: Albertosaurus Sarcophagus

Dietary Preference: Carnivore

Appearance:
I don't feel like writing a dinosaur sized description. Have an Albertosaurus.
Click me.

Personality:

Jake tries to be a genuinely nice person whenever he can. Often going out of his way to help someone in need of it. Friends have described him as having a great deal of empathy for others. He will be, at the beginning of the RP, tired and somewhat worrisome due to the lack of sleep he's been getting from studying for finals, but he will mellow out as the time goes on. Jake has a smoking problem. See, he recently got out of college with a degree in Architecture, and it was the hardest thing he had ever done. He picked up smoking from his room make, who told him that it would calm his nerves. He was skeptical, but make the choice to try it and became addicted. In times of intense pressure, Jake will light a cigarette to calm himself. He is working on trying to get rid of the addiction since he know sit's horrible for him, but the progress has only just begun.

(Eh, I'll add more to it later if I need to. Not feeling it. Go on without me. Yada yada yada...)

Abilities:
Like all Tyrannosaurs, the Albertosaurus has good depth perception, attention to movement, and an amazing sense of smell. Also like any Tyrannosaur, it has a large head that is around a meter in length, which is capable of generating extremely powerful bites with round seventy or so serrated banana shaped teeth. These teeth hold dangerous bacteria in them like that of a Komodo Dragon's which can lead to a blood poisoning later on. This dangerous head is mounted upon a very powerful S shaped neck, which has the strength to lift nearly a ton along with the skull (Calculated based on Tyrannosaurus Rex neck power. T.Rex was capable of lifting four tons with it's neck, Albertosaurus, being half the size and a third the weight, would be much less). An Albertosaurus has very long and powerful legs, and is capable of moving at speeds anywhere from fifteen to forty miles per hour. It's size, speed, and power allow it to tackle larger sized prey alone or in groups. However, as Albertosaurus was an amazing hunter, it did have several drawbacks to it's species. It's arms have little to no use despite being decently muscled, and are only the size of a normal human man's. It's bones are also relatively weak compared to the the ones found in some modern day mammals or it's larger and more destructive cousin, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. This is because it's bones are hollow, which gives it the ability to move so fast for it's size. When a pack is not accessible, lone Albertosaurs were ambush predators, using the underbrush as cover. The soles of their feet are covered in rubbery calluses which soften the impact to the ground, allowing the predator to move quietly through the underbrush or sneak up on prey. Because of their three toed foot design, Albertosaurus had a weight distribution factor that would allow it to walk on soft ground without sinking in or getting stuck.

Other: Cloud Forest.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Okay, Op, I would accept the sheet, because the dinosaur is actually pretty small compared to a human (I found a human-dinosaur silhouette comparison for the species). But no possessions can be taken into Eukara. You have to fix that first. In this story, none of our characters will ever be seen in their human forms.

Also, so everyone knows how big the dinosaur is, I'm posting the size comparison. For some reason just looking at measurements makes it look larger than it really is.

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 800px-Albertosaurus

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:58 pm

I'll get to the sheet sometime After lunch I hope....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

I have one last character of my own to introduce. Once you submit your sheet, though, we can start. That, and Op needs to remove the human realm possessions from his character sheet.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm

cool. I just been distracted all morning by web comics.... I love them....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Well, now we know one of your interests. I did not know you liked web comics.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm

It's a resent hobby.... I've only been reading them for a few weeks....

But I'm still planning on going with tte leopard..... I just need a little information about them, but the Internet is buggy today....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Okay, I'll post some information. Here are some snippets taken from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:
"The leopard /ˈlɛpərd/ is the smallest of the four "big cats" in the genus Panthera. Compared to other members of the Felidae, the leopard has relatively short legs and a long body with a large skull. It is similar in appearance to the jaguar, but is smaller and more slightly built. Its fur is marked with rosettes similar to those of the jaguar, but the leopard's rosettes are smaller and more densely packed, and do not usually have central spots as the jaguars do. Both leopards and jaguars that are melanistic are known as black panthers."

"Leopards are agile and stealthy predators. Although they are smaller than other members of the Panthera genus, they are able to take large prey due to their massive skulls that facilitate powerful jaw muscles. Head and body length is usually between 90 and 165 cm (35 and 65 in). The tail reaches 60 to 110 cm (24 to 43 in) long, around the same length as the tiger's tail and relatively the longest tail in the Panthera genus (though snow leopards and the much smaller marbled cats are relatively longer tailed).[4][5] Shoulder height is from 45 to 80 cm (18 to 31 in). The muscles attached to the scapula are exceptionally strong, which enhance their ability to climb trees. They are very diverse in size. Males are about 30% larger than females, weighing 30 to 91 kg (66 to 200 lb) compared to 23 to 60 kg (51 to 130 lb) for females. Large males of up to 91 kg (200 lb) have been documented in Kruger National Park in South Africa; however, males in South Africa's coastal mountains average 31 kg (68 lb) and the females from the desert-edge in Somalia average 23 to 27 kg (51 to 60 lb). This wide variation in size is thought to result from the quality and availability of prey found in each habitat. The most diminutive leopard subspecies overall is the Arabian leopard (P. p. nimr), from deserts of the Middle East, with adult females of this race weighing as little as 17 kg (37 lb)."

This is a good way to describe the appearance, as, while looking similar, Jaguars and Leopards look different when you really look. Here is some information on physical abilities.
Wikipedia wrote:

"Leopards are elusive, solitary and largely nocturnal.[36][37] They have primarily been studied in open savanna habitats, which may have biased common descriptions. Activity level varies depending on the habitat and the type of prey that they hunt. Radio-tracking and scat analysis in West Africa showed that rainforest leopards are more likely to be diurnal and crepuscular. Forest leopards are also more specialized in prey selection and exhibit seasonal differences in activity patterns.[38]

Leopards are known for their ability in climbing, and have been observed resting on tree branches during the day, dragging their kills up trees and hanging them there, and descending from trees headfirst.[39] They are powerful swimmers, although are not as disposed to swimming as some other big cats, such as the tiger. They are very agile, and can run at over 58 kilometres per hour (36 mph), leap over 6 metres (20 ft) horizontally, and jump up to 3 metres (9.8 ft) vertically.[40] They produce a number of vocalizations, including grunts, roars, growls, meows, and "sawing" sounds."

"In search of safety, leopards often stash their young or recent kills high up in a tree, which can be a great feat of strength considering that they may be carrying prey heavier than themselves in their the mouth while they climb vertically.[49] One leopard was seen to haul a young giraffe, estimated to weigh up to 125 kg (280 lb), more than twice the weight of the cat, up 5.7 m (19 ft) into a tree."

They're the best climbers among big cats, and it looks like they hunt things that weigh in the 400lb. range.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:26 pm

just wow..... Yeah..... Thanks though! I think it's just where I'm at is the reason for the Internet being buggy..... The nearest major town is an hour away in any direction.... so I'm in the boonies....

But I'll get to work on it atfer lunch... and that's in 10 minutes! so I'll get to it soon.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:27 pm

While I wrack my brain for an animal I'd like to play as...
About the Albertosaurus, if you want to be more realistic with its abilites:
Tyrannosaur bites were probably not infectious, since lots of big herbivores that lived with them have healed tyrannosaur bite marks.
The arms are not at all useless; their muscles and sharp claws allow it to hold large, struggling prey items in place while it attacks with its jaws.
Hollow bones are really an advantage; they're still fairly strong and allow Albertosaurus to run much faster than a similarly sized mammal.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I don't think an infectious bite is really going to do very much, in reality. It'll kill most human world animals, but there's going to be things like unicorns and hydras, too...some of the creatures you might want to think twice about biting, because if it has acidic blood...well...you get the idea...At any rate, there's going to be lots of creatures that will be hard for any one character to defeat alone. It has to be a team effort.
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

Location : Lets leave at this: Don't look away from your computer

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm

When you say a lot of the creatures are hard to kill, does that include small animals like possums, raccoons, mice and etc.? I'm certain it doesn't, but I just want to make sure.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, I don't think those particular animals are going to pose a threat, your character is a bird of prey that would probably target them. I mean that there will be creatures in the story that will sort of act as bosses. We're definitely going to have unicorns, and a merlion later.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

I found out what was wrong with my Internet.... Java Script issues involving my browser.... I will have my Sheet up in a bit....
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm

You're free to bite down on my character, if you want a jaw full of quills.

Last edited by Dragonbud on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:42 pm

My third and final character is a Golden Eagle.

People, I don't think our characters are going to ever fight one another. Even though they can only communicate with other members of their species, and are limited to body language with everything else, all of them were originally humans, so they can talk to one another. I seriously doubt you want to eat something that talks to you.

As for the biting thing, I don't really think any creature can truly touch a Porcupine without being severely hurt. Those needles are extremely long, and if I recall correctly, hard to pull out. They're cute, but their defense is going to get them much further than something that doesn't have armor like a possum. The reason there needs to be small, vulnerable animals like mice and rabbits, however, is obvious. If there isn't animals like that present, all the carnivores will starve. I do intend, however, to make mystical versions of each animal that will be hard to catch.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm gonna get this to you sometime this evening i think. I really can't focus on anything right now.So i can't write at all. I think it's my ADD acting up.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Okay, then. In that case I'm going to go ahead and make the IC. I need to describe the general area where everyone will be waking up as animals. I was talking it over with Flower and DB in the chatbox, and we came up with some amazing locations, as well as special mythical creatures that we'll see as our characters explore.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

woohoo! I might not be on until tomorrow or late tonight (Going to be playing the new Walking DLC with my friend) So don't do anything fun without me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: