Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:12 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
He could very well end up on the beach if he starts getting hungry (The rest of the group probably wont want him around when he is) and scavenge anything that washes up on shore.

And he's a Tyrannosaur by the way. Think tiny two fingered claws.

Okay... anyways, did anyone use to watch Prehistoric Planet when they were little?
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:17 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
That thing is a total badass. Looks like a hyena mixed with a rhino mixed with a boar. I am totally doing that.

Lol u

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 Archaeotherium_Poebrotherium

Say hello to Archaeotherium. The predatory boar rhino with hyena like jaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 am

TheⓍperator wrote:
Maxx Toron wrote:
That thing is a total badass. Looks like a hyena mixed with a rhino mixed with a boar. I am totally doing that.

Lol u

*snip*

Say hello to Archaeotherium. The predatory boar rhino with hyena like jaws.

It looks almost identical to the andre-idontknowhowtospellthis-osaur.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:25 am

Well, one's a pig. That's something different. Razz

I like breaking my names up.

Andrewsarchus.

Andrew, like the name.  Sar, like the moderator. Chus.

Andrewsarchus was also bigger. Much bigger. It also had a much longer body, but I see were you're coming from.

Just read your post, Maxx. I think tore a whale in half was more appropriate (Because Predator X was about 55 feet with a twelve foot skull). Just for future reference.

(I'm sorry. It's a nitpick I know...)
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:33 am

Lol. I am definitely using Andrewsarchus as my last character. I need something that can stand up to you evil dino people.

EDIT: Picked the nit.

EDIT2: Op, come to ze chatbox plzz.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:45 am

It was certainly big enough to. It is the largest terrestrial carnivorous mammal to ever live to date. Upper weight estimates put it at 3700 pounds. Which is can be translated to twice as heavy as a polar bear.

Happy hunting! You wont have too much competition in most areas.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Never mind, I'd really rather not argue over this subject.

Maxx, when I said 'no mythical creatures', I meant no making characters that are dragons or something like that. The characters have to be actual creatures that exist, or did exist.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Then why can NPCs be mythical creatures?

Y'know what, I really don't feel like having this argument. Sheet making time!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Eh, at any rate, glad you brought in the flying fish, Maxx. DB, Flower, and I were talking about creatures that could be literal depictions of their names. So far, we have dragonflies, (Dragonfly-dragon hybrid), Bull Frogs (Giant frogs with horns), Flying fish (Literally fish that can fly, not just ones that jump and glide), Fireflies (Burning insects).

Anyone else have any ideas? There's going to be a lot of traveling in this RP, along with exploration. So far we have a volcanic region, a special ocean region, a tundra, a Dark Forest, mountains, and then the forest region where the special tree is located.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm

Uh... Dinosaurs Something I never got into. I guess i was the kid who skipped that phase.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:39 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:
Bull Frogs (Giant frogs with horns)

Beelzebufo.

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 Beelzebufo

It's name literally means Devil Toad.

Last edited by TheⓍperator on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:44 pm

That's a prehistoric creature, too?...that...is...Epic...

Eh...I actually have a very weird story linked to dinosaurs. In second grade, I got into an argument with some boys about which dinosaur we thought looked cooler, I thought the Triceratops had a more interesting appearance than a Tyrannosaurus Rex, mostly because of those fills and horns. Of course, later that same day, those two boys beat me up in the playground. I don't know these days if I was at fault or not. I know I can be ridiculously stubborn, but still...

EDIT: Actually, it's big for a frog, but apparently, it was only the size of a beach ball.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Yep. Native to Madagascar during the early Cretaceous. Mother nature experimented with some weird stuff down there. Not saying that she already hadn't tried just about everything by the end of the Cretaceous.

That's no excuse to beat someone up. Tyrannosaurus Rex was a very interesting creature, yes. But Triceratops had the ability to flush it's frill with blood to change color to attract mates, and had three massive horns to defend itself with. Not only that, but it's heritage is evolutionary gold. They are direct descendants of Psittacosaurus, which are two legged animals. They are so different, yet so unique in how they evolved.

Although the frill didn't serve as protection against predators as previously thought, it was still a unique feature that few other species had.

Why not jumbo shrimp (Like, thirty foot long shrimps)?

Or maybe Hippogriffs or Gryphons? And Pheonixes too. Firebirds are always fun (Like a big red bird that can light itself on fire on command).

Working on a post now, Maxx.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Fire coral (coral that actually burns)

We definitely need some sort of giant carnivorous plants, like huge venus fly traps or stuff like that.

Also, horse flies (Flies the size of horses).
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Maxx Toron wrote:
We definitely need some sort of giant carnivorous plants, like huge venus fly traps or stuff like that.

From Venus.

Oh, why not Brain Coral? Like, Coral that actually thinks and stuff?
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm

That sounds cool.

Or Flying Squirrels. They actually fly not glide.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Those are all wonderful ideas, although I don't think we should go with Venus Flytraps as the carnivorous plant, though, that's been used to the point that it's a little cliche. How about a giant sundew with tripwire roots? It'll reach out, and grab you in its sticky tendrils like a green octopus.

We also already got flying squirrels, DB or Flower suggested it in the chatbox. Fire salamanders?

There's going to be a volcanic region in the future, so the fire-linked creatures can go there.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 pm

darn...

How about a giant worm. Yes I was watching Tremors....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:13 pm

I might borrow from Dune and create a Sahara-like desert, nothing but sand. We can have giant sand worms...but that's kind of stealing ideas...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm

I loved the Dune books. Some of the best reading i ever did. Never did get too much into the Prequels though.

we got Fireflys, so why not Fire ants?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Name: Damien

Age (Human Years): 16

Species: Andrewsarchus mongoliensis (Andrewsarchus)

Dietary Preference: carnivore/scavenger

Appearance: This. Height: 6 feet. Length: 11 feet weight: 2,200 lbs.

Personality: Damien has the perfect personality for the beast which he occupies. He's a tough boy, both physically and mentally, and is stubborn, making him sometimes difficult to reason with. He's a McCoy type; a guy who doesn't care what's logically sound, but what he feels is "right". He has a strong sense of justice, and shies away from what he doesn't feel is morally sound. He kind of has his own set of morals, and will follow them no matter what the cost. Damien is willing to put his life on the line to protect others. Because of this, he can be rather reckless, but tries to keep friends out of danger.

Abilities: Andrewsarchus was one of the most dangerous predators to have ever walked the Earth. Nearly twice the weight of a polar bear and a foot bigger in both length and height, Andrewsarchus is an apex predator. Its enormous weight combined with its massive claws and teeth make Damien a force to be reckoned with. He has a top speed around 30 mph, allowing Damien to outrun most prey.

Other: cloud forest

EDIT: The badassiest monster ever would be a Mongolian Death Worm.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Just so everyone knows what a Baryonyx and Rugops look like:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:15 pm

Accepted, Maxx. Actually, it doesn't look much like a boar, so much as a hyena-cat-dog hybrid.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 pm

It's actually related to whales. Which is really funny to see the lifestyle change.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:27 pm

...Whales...? Sheesh...these evolutionary pathways are just plain bizarre...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: