Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:36 pm

I don't think much is gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Not at the very beginning. People will either think they were dreaming, or go into shock. IC's up, for anyone who wants to post.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 pm

well. I got a clearer head now, but I'm gonna be offline for most of the rest of the day. I found so info and Saved it to my flash rive. I'll type something up on my Laptop and get it to ya sometime....
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Would it be a bad idea to choose an animal that can't really hide or defend itself?
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

Location : Lets leave at this: Don't look away from your computer

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Probably. Unless you want to get eaten.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Is this an alt? If not I'd like to hear from Vipera.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:27 pm

JimBob is a new member who just joined the RP. He's probably right about the defenseless animal getting eaten, though. While other characters probably won't eat or attack him because he can talk, other creatures won't hesitate to leap at an easy kill.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:42 pm

Alright then, I'll have to start over with my idea. What if it's defenseless and bad at hiding but can fly away? Would that be safe enough?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Hrm... maybe I will join this...
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Flight is useful, but I wouldn't suggest a defenseless creature.
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeaaaah okay. Time to think of a new animal. Oh! I've decided: Eomanis, the prehistoric pangolin.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Fixed.

That comparison makes me cringe in the fact that the animal looks like it's been drawn by a five year old. I'm a stickler for anatomical correctness. Here's a slightly better representation.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Is everyone here a dinosaur???
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Only me. Pangolins are not reptiles.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 pm

Who here has an animal which is not extinct? I want to make a character that's some kind of sea bird, but I want to make sure it won't get eaten by a T-rex or a Chronosaurus.
Back to top Go down
JimBobV
Newborn

Location : Lets leave at this: Don't look away from your computer

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Umm... Seagull anyone?
Back to top Go down
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Eomanis is smaller than many modern pangolins and has less armor. I picked it over modern pangolins because it eats plants instead of insects.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 am

JimBobV wrote:
Umm... Seagull anyone?

I'm using either a Brown Pelican or a Wandering Albatross, actually. I abhor seagulls.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 am

Maxx, characters can talk to one another, it's part of all of them formerly being humans. In truth, Op is currently the only one who submitted an extinct species character sheet. Everything else is modern animals. I seriously doubt you want to eat something that talks.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:03 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, characters can talk to one another, it's part of all of them formerly being humans. In truth, Op is currently the only one who submitted an extinct species character sheet. Everything else is modern animals. I seriously doubt you want to eat something that talks.

No, I mean the other wildlife. If there's an Allosaurus, then what other prehistoric beasties could be lurking in the shadows? A Kronosaurus (I misspelled it the first time) doesn't care if its prey can talk or not.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 am

Maxx, there's a no killing without permission rule. You shouldn't have to worry. And sorry about the silhouette, Op, but it shows an accurate size comparison.

At any rate, the dinosaur is accepted.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Maxx, there's a no killing without permission rule. You shouldn't have to worry. And sorry about the silhouette, Op, but it shows an accurate size comparison.

What I mean, Vipera, is that a world with both prehistoric and modern animals would be Hell on Earth. the prehistoric creatures would kill off all of the modern ones. An albatross or pelican is no match for an Ornothacayrus (I haven't the slightest about how to spell that one).

It's your choice, but I personally would not recommend it.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:24 am

Maxx, different creatures will survive better in different environments, and much like actual planet Earth, Eukara will have separate regions that animals will be reluctant to leave. It is highly unlikely that you will run into larger species right off the bat, and I won't permit any of the extremely large dinosaurs. You might find ones like Operator's, but you're not going to find a Triceratops or a T-rex. Besides, this RP isn't completely realistic in regards to the creatures, or even the environment as a whole.
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 am

Maxx Toron wrote:
ViperaUnion wrote:

What I mean, Vipera, is that a world with both prehistoric and modern animals would be Hell on Earth. the prehistoric creatures would kill off all of the modern ones. An albatross or pelican is no match for an Ornothacayrus (I haven't the slightest about how to spell that one).

It's your choice, but I personally would not recommend it.

Don't sweat it Vipera. As long as you know the size and you are okay with it.

Kronosaurus was nearly forty feet long. That thing was nearly as big as T.Rex. I doubt you're going to see anything that big. Mentioning T.Rex, did anyone here know there were two subspecies that lived side by side during the late Cretaceous?

[spoiler]Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 Zrn0LSB[/spolier]

It is hypothesized that this might actually be the difference between male a female. Males of the Tyrannosaur family are thought to have been slightly smaller that the females. The robust morph has a smaller space just behind the legs. The gracile morph has a much wider one, which could've been used to deliver eggs. Robust morph is based off of UCMP 118742 "Junior". Gracile morph based on FMNH PR2081 "Sue".

Ornithocheirus wasn't a giant Pterosaur with a wingspan of 16.5 feet. It was big, yes, but if you want a truly terrifying sight, go with Quetzalcoatlus. That monster was as tall as a giraffe and had a thirty to forty foot long wingspan. Triceratops, while very, VERY heavy, was about thirty five feet long. Not much longer than mine actually.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:10 am

Well, the theory that the two morphs are male and females might actually be correct. You might be able to judge male and female dinosaurs by bone structure. However, the shape of the bones in the skull and neck might be a bit odd for that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-
Jump to: