Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost in Eukara (OOC)

Go down 
+5
Maxx
Triop5
The Stalker of Shadows
Dragonbud
ViperaUnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:30 am

Here's DB :3
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 am

ViperaUnion wrote:
Well, the theory that the two morphs are male and females might actually be correct. You might be able to judge male and female dinosaurs by bone structure. However, the shape of the bones in the skull and neck might be a bit odd for that...

Maybe not, look at elephants for example, females don't have (Or if they do, small) tusks, while male elephants do. The bone structure of the skull itself might be frills or other physical differences to make the animal look different based on gender. The difference in neck structure could be there to help anchor the slightly heavier skull better.

But again, it's all hypothesis.

How ya doing DB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Triop5
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:52 am

To try and contribute to Mesozoic vs. Cenozoic: I think large animals from the two eras would have equal chances at competition. What advantages does a large raptor have over a big cat? What about an antelope vs an ornithomimosaur? And while dinosaurs reach larger sizes, mammals have the secret advantage of not hatching from eggs, which allows them to start their life much larger than a baby dinosaur. Big hatchlings have to hatch from big eggs, big eggs have to be strong, and strong eggs are hard to break out of.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 am

I guess. I'm going to search through the characters and see what creatures are where. If there's no sea animals, I'll ditch the pelican until later. Last time I was in an animal rp, my character was a crab, and there were no other sea creatures, so I had no one to interact with.

EDIT: Lots of North American animals. Might do something fram that realm of the world.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm

And I will get my sheet in today. I'm much for focused today..... I wound up being an air head all day yesterday... I mean I was 100% out of it.... I'm lucky i didn't hit a car when i was driving....
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Well, I just introduced Lucy the Elephant. She just did a lot of stuff that any characters nearby should hear. An elephant trumpet is extremely hard to ignore, just as is talking.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:10 pm

true.

And It took forever but I finally decided on Which sub-species of Leopard I wanted. Had to pick out of 9 recognized and 11 possible ones... I'll have to sheet up sometime around lunch.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:21 pm

I don't normally focus on sub-species because among wild animals there normally isn't a huge difference, but I suppose among leopards it would matter, to a degree.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Well They cover such a large Geographical area I figured it would matter on some level. Anyways I'm bck from lunch. I'm finishing up the sheet too. I hope to have it up here in a few.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Uh..Op...you really shouldn't start your character in a place other than the forest where all our characters are. Eukara doesn't very closely resemble Earth-like environments.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

In the end I gave up on the Sub-Species. Sorry about the Belated sheet, but here it is. Let me know If i need to add anything.

Name:Mitchel "Mitch'' Cornell

Age (Human Years): 23

Species: Leopard, Panthera pardus
Dietary Preference: Carnivore

Appearance: As a human Mitch was an average sized Person. About 5'6" 150 pounds and with blond hair. But that doesn't matter any more does it?

Now as a leopard he's much more intimidating. He's a now a 170 pound 8 Ft long killing machine. Like most Leopards he has a light white/yellowish coat with darker colored spots or rings.

Here's a pic
Spoiler:

Personality:Well Mitch is a fairly outgoing kind of guy. He likes going out hanging out with his friends and the like. Mall, Movies and the occasional Rock Concert. When he's around other folks he like to talk and stuff, some find him a bit obnoxious for it though. If he's in a group of folks like his friends intelligent discussions aren't uncommon and are about as likely to occur as less rational ones involving more mundane topics. When alone he like the simply read a good book or parse the internet for something to. He likes to sleep in whenever he can and this has lead to him being chronically late at times. He's even lost a few jobs over it.

When ever he finds himself in a group of unfamiliar people he ends to feel a bit self conscious until he figures out where he stands with them. Until then he's quite or more reserved. Normally this doesn't take long however and son he's playing whatever part it is his to play. He doesn't like new situations either, but is quick to adapt. Once he's done that he likes to find a good routine to fall into.

Abilities: Well Speed, Claws and Sharp teeth are all a given that it's a predator. However Leopards are also skilled at climbing as well. And as most are Nocturnal He has excellent night vision as well. Leopards also have an amazing amount of strength and have been known to haul a carcass' nearly twice there size.

Other: Cloud Forest
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Thank ye Mi Lady. Thee are most kind.

I'll get a post up soon.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 pm

Also, a note, I made a picture of the cloud forest our characters woke up in.

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 Zjal
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

cuuuuuute!
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm glad you like it. I enjoy making pictures of the scenery when it comes to stories like this. It helps people envision what the world looks like. Actually, once all our characters meet one another, I'm going to introduce you guys to the great tree spirit, so people know where they are, and what's going on.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm

It'll be later. I gotta go clean up the classroom.

Done, but I't about time to go.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Name: Cyrus

Age (Human Years): 16

Species: Fregata magnificens (Magnificent Frigatebird)

Dietary Preference: carnivore (pescavore, to be exact)

Appearance: This is what Cyrus looks like. Note that the pouch under his throat can be manually inflated or deflated. length: 39 inches. Wingspan: 85 inches.

Personality: Cyrus is a cocky guy, known for being rather hostile at times. Due to his fiery disposition and short temper, Cyrus gets into fight often, usually ending with him getting beaten up, especially now that he's a bird. He's usually semi-sociable, but due to his temper, has never had many friends. He's rather angered by the fact that he is a bird, as he doesn't possess the strength or speed to fight other animals. Because of this, he is even more angry as of late, making him someone you don't exactly want to hang around. He's one of those guys who needs an attitude adjustment.

Abilities: Though they may not be the strongest or the fastest, Magnificent Frigatebirds are still incredible creatures. They have an average speed of about 6 mph, which is rather slow. However, Magnificent Frigatebirds have incredible stamina, and are one of the few bird species with the ability to fly for 24 hours straight without needing to rest. They have been known to even sleep while flying, and can reach heights of 1.5 miles if they properly hit thermals. Male frigatebirds like Cyrus also have the ability to inflate large red pouches in their throats to startle attackers and attract mates.

Other: cloud forest

Name: Aaron

Age (Human Years): 17

Species: Pandion haliaetus (Osprey)

Dietary Preference: pescavore

Appearance: This. length: 24 inches. Wingspan: 71 inches.

Personality: Aaron is your typical bully. He is a rather talkative fellow, and likes himself quite a lot. He's a major head case, a guy who "loves me some me" in the words of Terrell Owens. The fact that he's probably the strongest seabird around save the occasional pterodactyl is a huge ego boost for him, and he likes to show off by bullying the other sea birds around and stealing others' fish. He's one of those bullies, however, that standing up to just won't work. Unlike the usual bully, Aaron doesn't have a problem with getting in a fight. He has the firepower to do so, and will rip any bird that challenges him to pieces.

Abilities: Ospreys, being birds of prey, have very sharp hooked claws designed to dig into fish and hold on tight. Their beaks are just as sharp, allowing them to tear apart fish or aggressive birds. Ospreys are fast fliers, able to hit about 40 mph flying straight, and nearly 80 mph in a dive. Another perk of being an osprey is that ospreys like Aaron have an incredible ability to adapt to almost any environment where there is water and fish. Aaron can comfortably live in almost any climate.

Other: cloud forest

Might make a third character too. Not sure.

Last edited by Maxx Toron on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Ospreys and frigatebirds. Well, now we finally have a decent number of birds. Both are accepted.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:04 pm

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent!

Are there any other creatures who are near the ocean here?

Also, I plan on having a kind of rivalry between Aaron and Cyrus, since they both have rather volatile personalities.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:10 pm

No, not really. I am interested to see how things will work out when your birds meet Daryl, though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm

For the luls of it, in my first post, I might have a Kronosaurus pop up and try to eat Cyrus and Aaron.
Back to top Go down
ViperaUnion
Serpent Master
ViperaUnion

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Okay, then.

I have painted on Gimp the great tree depicted in the story. It's actually in the dead center of the forest where our characters are waking up.

Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 Kp5d
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Well I'm gonna get that post up. I got a bit of free time now so why not eh?
Back to top Go down
FlowerFox
Life Giver
FlowerFox

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 12:45 am

Name: Robert Ruffington

Age (Human Years): 15

Species: Larus argentatus (European Herring Gull)

Dietary Preference: Omnivore

Appearance: This. Robert is also 25 in. long, and weighs 2.83 lb. He has a wingspan of 61 in.

Personality: Robert, being a complete nerd, and often being picked on by other kids his age at school before he got transported to Eukara, is known to be a little timid, and a bit of a loner. He believes that it is impossible for him to have friends, though he still tries anyway, due to a secret desperation to make some. If you do manage to befriend him, however, he will be loyal, as long as you don't break his trust. It's very hard for him to forgive if you do that. He also tends to be socially awkward at times, though he usually has good intentions.

Abilities:
Robert's main ability is flight, though this is pretty obvious. He also has large, wide feet with thick, leathery skin which allows him excellent weight distribution and protection from sharp objects (he may simply balance himself on top of these obstacles with little apparent concern). He can dive underwater, though can only get to 1-2 meters deep, due to natural buoyancy. He also has an unhinging jaw, which allows him to consume large prey.

Other:
Cloud Forest

Last edited by FlowerFox on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in Eukara (OOC)   Lost in Eukara (OOC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in Eukara (OOC)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplex :: Inactive RPs :: Inactive RPs-