Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)

Go down 
+5
Wolf
Mr Allen J
Dragonbud
True Night
Celo "The Moms"
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:17 am

I already had Joshua's and Amanda's sheets written for something else, so I just made a few edits and posted them.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 3:28 am

No wonder, I was thinking you blasted both of them out that fast.

Too bad that I'm out of unused human character sheets, oh well.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 pm

I may make a sheet for this later. I really don't have the capacity the think like that right now...
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:52 pm

It's all cool ^w^ I know what you mean, 'cuz right now I'm studying for chemistry and literature mid-terms... solving nuclear equations, hahahahaha..... I'm serious. Anyways, my mind feels dead right now XD
Back to top Go down
http://celotheimpossible.deviantart.com
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm

Woohoo I'm in class right now but I kinda feel like making some adjustments to my sheet...
Back to top Go down
The Stalker of Shadows
Rough AI
The Stalker of Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Well I was up till 12:30 in minecraft.... Then I didn't sleep well at all.

Last edited by The Stalker of Shadows on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Say I decide to use one character, could I bring in another later on if I change my mind?
Back to top Go down
Scrylonsis13
Newborn
Scrylonsis13

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello there, this seems interesting. I have a sheet!

Name: Oliver Lake (Oli)

Nationality: English/Caucasian

Height: six foot and one inch

Weight: eleven stone

Appearance: Oliver is over all very British looking. He is quite pale, with brown hair and eyes of ocean blue. While many say he looks like Benedict Cumberbatch, some seem to equate him to a more refined looking David Tennant. Most of the time his hair is messy and unkempt, with a very long fringe that often covers his left eye. He has a swimmers physique, meaning strong shoulders and a thin waist, but quite big hands and feet. There is a scar running down his right arm from a swimming accident and his hands are often cut or bruised. Oliver tends to wear black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, occasionally with a black, military style coat.

Talents: Oliver has spent most of his life in one pool or another, so his swimming is exceptional. Very few non-professionals can match him in the water. His strength also means he has a lot of brute force.

Personality: Oliver is very self-conscious, always worrying about how he looks or what he says. Often walking with his arms crossed, many view him as hostile but he is simply defensive of himself. He has strong opinions on things and will regularly argue with people. Unfortunately, this carries over to his relationships also. He will rarely forget someone teasing or irritating him, meaning his social circle is very limited. Oliver also has a tendency to flip on occasion. This is because he lets his emotions build up inside him, but his anger quickly boils over. He tends not to care about punishments, involving the police or not.

Mechanical god power: Oliver has been gifted the power to manipulate water, allowing him to generate beams of it from his hands, or move it telekinetically. This means he can create pockets of air within bodies of water, should he need to, and is quite useful when dealing with fire.

Weakness: Oliver has a tendency to insult people without realising it. He is socially awkward and gets along with very few people.

History/background: Oliver was born in England, to a rich family of business men. He developed quite a taste for swimming from an early age, but was never competitive. However, when he was seven, his parents died in a house fire. He moved to America to live with his Uncle. Now he lives in Kellinsville and spends his time either at school, in a pool, or with his cousin Jade (a second character of mine) oppressing the natural. He and jade are very close and share many friends.

Other: Oliver is an only child
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm

You can add characters whenever you want, Night Wink

Aaaaand Oli is accepted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh yeah, Celo, is Amanda's power acceptable?

Either way, I might just stick with Amanda and Wolfwood for now, since I don't have any solid ideas for chars. Was kinda thinking of making a guy that controls plasma.
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Yep, I'm fine with it ^w^
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Yay making character younger cause I have super sneaky plot ideas with her.

So Cleo how many more people do we need to start?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:37 am

Hmm... just a couple more :3 I'm planning on also making 1 more character myself... after mid-terms... which end thursday
I was gonna do a duo power thing but gave up XD
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 am

I still got awhile until midterms, but it have PSATS tomorrow. No fun
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 am

Ah. I'm just worried about my college algebra class... the teacher talks in a monotone voice and teaches us by doing 1 problem on the board then handing us homework. So.... boring. I got chemistry and college english down, though! :3
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 am

This is really interesting. Still room available?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:02 am

Definately :3
Back to top Go down
Wolf
Life Giver
Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 am

Ill get to work on my sheet soon probly when im not worrying about my money problems or watching stalker play mine craft
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:54 am

I think I'll make a plasma manipulator. Eh, I just want to make a young character since there's a few already, and my current characters are all adults.

Oh yeah, can I make Amanda twenty-one?
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:01 am

Sure ya' can ^^
Back to top Go down
The Real Shade
Jehovah's Thickness
The Real Shade

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:02 am

My power is somewhat unorthodox and if it doesn't mesh with what you want, I have no problems whatsoever changing it, I have a couple of powers/characters in mind.

Name: May

Age: Technically, immortal. She can't remember her exact age but she feels like a teenager.

Nationality: May has no body.

Height: May has no body.

Weight: May has no body.

Appearance: Currently, May is in the shape of a small, metallic cube, which could very easily be mistaken for, say, someone's Mechanical God. This is primarily because she is trapped within her Mechanical God.

Talents:

May is extremely perceptive and, despite her nonsensical ramblings (i.e. damn near everything she says) she's a very smart individual, whose psyche has merely been shaken up a bit by years of isolation, confusion, and several bouts of amnesia. Furthermore, may has an eidetic memory, enabling her to recall information very easily.

Personality:

Ohhhmmiiigggoossshhhh May is extremely talkative and very gossipy. She greatly enjoys being privy to any and all details about any and all things, and enjoys using her exceptional memory and analysis primarily for figuring out why people are dating who they're dating and why so and so dresses that way. Shallow? Perhaps, but every superhero RP needs a ditz, and I'm answering the call. Besides, May's shallow nature masks a very dark and troubled inner personality: she's endured the kind of mental strain that very few psychologists would be prepared to help her with. Orphaned, brutally exposed to her Cube and then leaving her life behind, May learned how her gift worked through a series of trials by fire, a few of which left her with some rather nasty burns. For starters, using May's power creates a bit of a mental strain on her-amnesia is more devastating to her than others, given her nearly flawless memory. It unnerves her to no end to have a blank spot in a pool of information that's otherwise completely full. Furthermore, her social skills have...suffered...and May is the epitome of clingy. This, however, is perhaps justified: having been abandoned, lost, and forgotten significant bits of her past, her insecurities are merited. If exposed to someone, she will latch onto them magnetically, and May's morality is completely dependent on who her newest best (and, rather cruelly, only) friend is: mock the influence of peer pressure all one wants, but three or four years without steady companionship, a series of supernatural events you cannot explain, and the normal, not insignificant stresses of a teenager have left May in need of a good friend. If that good friend wants her to do some not so good things, so be it. Whoever holds her Cube, and by extension her, holds May psychologically and physically.

Mechanical god power:

Heeeere's where we might have some problems. May sorta...diffused into her cube. Currently, her body is chilling in the Kellinsville hospital, life support machines funded by wealthy parents who have not been given any rational explanation of why their daughter went from happy, jubilant, and giggling one day to completely brain dead the next. Her soul is inside her cube-and her cube isn't constrained physically. May's consciousness floats from one object to the next, only able to pass through via physical contact. She is, in short, capable of possessing objects or things, but at the small price of having no body to call her own (she has a body-which is essentially her physical "Cube" at this point), having long since forgotten about her home, parents, and what she looked like. There's some advantages to her ability, however: while possessing physical objects, she has total control over them. Her presence usually amplifies their effects: For example, cars have unusually good gas mileage, smooth braking, and an especially obnoxious honking. Likewise, she can enter living things, and share a body: this, however, is more complex. May can only be given authority over what her host allows her: she can't body-jump into Ran and end the RP's problems right away. However, while in a human body, she offers numerous advantages. Minor metabolic processes can be tweaked, giving her host the same benefits she'd be able to have in a car or another device. Furthermore, the old adage that two heads are better than one still rings true-May doesn't get sleepy or tired (although emotions still affect her), and can keep someone sleepy at the wheel from crashing, recite the answers from the book to someone in a test, or pick up on details her host may have missed. If her host tires of her (which shouldn't take long-she really never shuts up), they can willfully expel her into whatever object is nearest (aside from the floor or something, although her being the source of a haunted house would be kinda cool). Any person who touches her physical form can take her soul into their body, or merely communicate with her as long as there's physical contact. Animals she can possess totally, but they don't make very good company so she normally doesn't.

Weaknesses: No body to call her own, and mental strain ranging from hallucinations to flashbacks to amnesia from overuse of her powers. Given that her cube is now her unconscious, lifeless body, someone pulling the plug would greatly weaken her powers, mostly by killing her. If her physical shell is destroyed, her body will revert back to its Mechanical God form, her real body will be no more, and May's soul will be sucked off into oblivion. Or wherever souls go, I don't feel like debating that now.

History/bio: CENSORED, she can't remember, I can't either.

Other: Oppressing the natural up in this hizzle

May is currently inhabiting a sexy, sexy 1959 Plymouth Fury. In the trunk, there's some various junk that she's had in her prior possessions which she doesn't remember too much about, but she remembers that she once remembered something about them, so they stay with her. Anyone who finds the car-and subsequently, May-gets a free set of wheels, provided you're okay with that. She'll likely transition into a article of clothing or her new host to be more mobile, anyways.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 am

Not all of that makes sense to me, but I get the jist. By pulling the plug, you mean disconnecting the life support in the hospital, right?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 am

Ah, you're using May for this, Shade?

Cool, I always thought she is a unique character.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 am

Name: Tyrell Springer

Nationality: African American

Height: 6'7"

Weight: 246 lbs

Appearance: Tyrell is built like a tank. He has broad shoulders, a thick neck and is made of muscle. His strong jaw and stern features give him a don't mess with mess with me look. A lack of hair puts additional emphasis on his large brown eyes, ears, nose and lips. There is some discoloration about his body from birth marks, or more commonly scars. Like many muscular men he chooses to keep his chest and back free of hair. Normal Tyrell will be found wearing a sport jersey, basketball shorts, and tennis shoes. Only the coldest of weather will make him throw on a hoodie.

Talents: Sports is Tyrell's life. Over the years he has participated in wrestling, basketball, boxing and MMA. His rigorous workout routine has him in top physical condition. He is always on his toes and is able to exercise impressive restraint up until the moment fighting starts. After years of practice he is also able to rein himself in all but the most personal situations.

Personality: Despite his outward appearance Tyrell is a kindhearted and soft spoken individual. He speaks when spoken to, but rarely makes any effort to start a conversation. If on the right topic one can keep him talking, but most of the time his responses are short and polite. However once the adrenaline kicks in his demeanor takes a major turn. In his sports he becomes highly competitive and aggressive. Other places he is easily aggravated as his pulse rises. This is the result of his anger management councilor helping him find an outlet. So to sum it up Tyrell's calm the majority of the time, but once the bloods pumping he's ready to kill something. Out of all things that tick him off, nothing gets him there faster than witnessing a crime.

Mechanical god power: CLASSIFIED

Weaknesses: CLASSIFIED

History/bio: After his father was killed in a shooting, Tyrell and his mother moved from the big city to Kellinsville. He had a bad spurt in his teen years, but later mellowed out into a respectable athlete. Now on his own he lives in an apartment and attends Kellinsville community college through a sports scholarship. The majority of his time is spend on a court, in a ring, lifting weights or in a classroom. He is well liked, but primarily hangs out with other upstanding black athletes. Because everyone is so busy this usually only consists of a weekly night out at the bar. Other details will be done IC.

Other: Oppressing the natural

Last edited by True Night on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celo "The Moms"
Alien Ninja Frog Empress
Celo

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 11:05 am

Shade, May is definately accepted ^^ Yay for the return of the talkative kinda-but-not-really-stalkerish confuzzled car possessing girl!

And Night, your sheet is accepted as well- good job explaining the power :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)   Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Gods OOC (accepting characters)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next