Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed

Go down 
+5
Absolutely not Prussian
Canis_dirus
True Night
God-Mod
Maxx
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
True Night
Killer
True Night

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Well it's better, but his weakness seems more like a strength.

If you want to go this route instead of making him vulnerable to temperature, radiation, or something along those lines, I think I can assist. Silicon based life would have less efficient metabolism compared to carbon based lifeforms due to it's inability to form chemical bonds with as many atom types as carbon. Additionally, a silicon based organism would store its energy in silicon chains, which are less stable than carbon chains, and known to decompose.

In short Claymoor would have to eat more, and more often than a carbon based creature. Not to mention that a mass of supercells would require more sustenance than a regular body to maintain and repair. Lastly, he wouldn't benefit from eating normal food either. If silicon based life is common place in the RP, then there should be silicon based food. Otherwise he'd have to ingest rock or other material containing silicon and extract it that way.

Also, you should post the sheet to the character vault regardless of whether you agree with my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Claymoor is not a black and white photocopy of a color picture, he is a Degas compared to a Vangoh.
And besides, if you think he should eat more, that doesn't matter, it just means he is going to be stealing peoples cellphones and eating their circuit boards, Shen is now the new snack cabinet.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:32 pm

In truth he'd have to be eating almost constantly or his cells would die off, granted that the live cells could eat the dead ones to slow the process. I however think that is a little harsh, and this RP isn't hardcore realism.

The issue is that being slightly resistant to energy weapons and having to eat isn't a weakness. Additionally, I can't take you seriously with your rainbow text. It is also harder to read.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought I made it clear that he does not have the same processes as a carbon based life form. for example: He is exothermic, and doesn't even have a system to turn extra food into fat, because rocks don't exactly rot. I didn't say resistant, I said less affected. But not much, as in less conducted heat, so the wound is more localized.

I'm not supposed to be taken seriously, I am the physical manifestation of slapstick comedy.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 pm

If Claymoor is alive than what I said still applies. There's no way around it. Once again though that isn't relevant. Having a weakness means that your character is weak against something, Claymoor is not weak against anything.

The physical manifestation of slapstick comedy isn't likely to get his character accepted. I have said what I need to say, so I will cease and desist to prevent this from becoming an argument.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 pm

=)

And no, it doesn't still apply. He is completely different than a carbon based life form. Eating and storing energy is different for him as a silicon life form, then it is for me or you. His mechanism for storing energy is a chemical battery in each of his cells that is comprised of viruses that were constructed by his cells. This battery powers his system by sending chemically stored energy into each of them.

Yes most viruses are made of carbon, but a virus is just a sack or ball (usually a dodecahedron of some sort though) of Deoxyribonucleic acid and or Ribonucleic acid, and mechanisms to hijack a cell.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/biotechnology/mutated-virus-helps-builds-a-better-battery-131114.htm
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Name: Claymoor

Age: 765.4386732098748164785918746596145871693875981645734650197863085761804758923746587263417263
857345124827648927635876587385691875698127684248956238746912659837487123540598612987589137654982
7134871263576182376589237648971658971286357673468917635465984758748387672819285768u5929058657694
62327153423255870894659607867574994735245364747585848930303845655759383659594738594637 (yes, it goes down to billiseconds)

Species: Svotths

Appearance: Changeable But normally this.

Personality: Confidential (he’s kind of silly)

History/backstory: His imaginary friend forgot to remind his alter ego to remind his mother to remind his evil twin to remind him to remind his imaginary friend to remind his alter ego to remind his mother to remind his evil twin to remind him to remind himself that he had a thing, to remind himself of… Maybe… (emma did this because I didn't have time to do anything, besides, its funny)

Powers/skills: Shape shifting (he is made up of super-cells, which are basically each an entire organism), hiding (said shape shifting ability is quite helpful when hiding), standing out (reverse of hiding), fighting (being a shape shifter and a creature made of super-cells, it is pretty much impossible to seriously hurt him with knives, bullets or the like), sharpshooting (years served in the Galactic War made him an excellent sharpshooter and hand to hand fighter), hacking (each of his cells have a tiny brain of their own which are all telepathically connected, giving him a vast sea of knowledge, although usually he ignores that writhing ocean of information because it gets annoying after a while[and makes you insane… Ish]), getting places that are (normally) hard to reach (being a shape shifter he can modify his body to suit his current needs, and a coating of thick anti-extrocellular mucus protects him from any virus not directly injected into his cells, and keeps him from drying out), being annoying (I’m the one writing him… Need I say more?), (easily) surviving (seemingly) mortal wounds (I have made the whole shape shifting and super-cells thing pretty clear, but here-goes anyway; Any cell that is damaged by bullets, blades, lasers, viruses, dehydration or the like, is immediately sterilized and reused if possible, giving him regenerative abilities alongside shape shifting), Very fast reflexes (said battle training and multi neural cluster cells).

Weaknesses: Claymoor is silicon based. Laser and plasma wounds (burns in general) are as damaging to him as to anyone else, although he can still recycle the burnt tissue, he has to eat something in order to regenerate all the way to full size... Such as a rock or a cellphone, or glass.

Weapons: (everything in this section is EMP proof/resistant/hardened) Repurposed plasma cutter, uses a mix of Dicyanoacetylene and aerosolized steel/tungsten atoms, to heat up to massive temperatures. Hot enough to burn through pretty much any metal, and any organism stupid enough to get shot. Only the magnetic field generated by the gun can control the blast (the blast can be controlled up to 6 feet away from the gun, allowing him to shoot around corners [the blast will dissipate out of a 2 inch wide pelletey thingy after 900 meters and becomes very hot plasma/fire for another 300 whereupon it dissipates further into searing hot air]). (think weaponized hairdryer)

Standard Energy shield, but a bit souped up.

L.O.S.E.R. Laser Oscillation and Stored Energy Repeater: Basically fires a laser into a canister that reflects 100% of the light back and forth, so that the laser that was fired into the canister for 5 minutes, is now a beam of very tightly packed (figuratively speaking) photons. This gun is really powerful, and is run off a Xenondiflouride battery the size of a softball (yes, those massive green terrors that aren’t actually soft at all), the gun is constantly refilling its canisters, and about every month Claymoor has to replace the battery, and this thing has 16 canisters, so after all 16 are fired (Yikes! That must be a bad situation)
it has a VERY slow fire rate of one canister every 3 minutes, IF in CONSTANT use.  This badass gun has enough power to blast through weak energy shields with one shot and if you empty the clip (so to speak), even the strongest energy shield will suffer heavily, and a moderate to good one will be effectively… FRAPPERED!!!

Ranged weapon, ranged weapon, ranged weapon, ranged weap-, Oh! A melee weapon! JOY!
Magnetically repulsive blade (the one on the bottom right), Yeah, this thing will ‘slice’ through most anything with water or metal in it (DAMN YOU CERAMIC!!!!!!), there is no visible blade, as you can see (hehe), but don’t mistake it for a short club, no, no, no, this thing will literally REPULSE whatever it’s cutting around the blade, like water around a really strong magnet (like the strongest neodymium magnet in the world dipped in liquid N2), the field itself is in the shape of a blade, so the edge KIND OF cuts, then the sides repulse it away, tearing a rift the object further. This sword also functions as a spearpoint EMP, due to said magnetic field. The range of the EMP field can be extended to up to 12 feet

Home: Shraacs, Weapons manufacturing plant 7, he lives is his office when not out and about.
BTW each room in the plant has one of these plasma firing badasses in each corner (there are no blind spots, and don’t even think about hacking them, each gun operates on a different grid and has a xenon difluoride battery, so they are independent, and you would have to hack all of them separately, and if you do the others will shoot it [if you somehow manage to hack it anyway, you would have to get past 16 AI and 8 advanced firewalls to hack just one]).

Job: Defensive building architect, planetary weapons designer and technician.

Other: Bio? Claymoor can eat pretty much anything, and his favorite food is silicon chips fried in butter, although a nice tasty baked rock is always good too, due to the high silicon content. Claymoor also has little flagella on all of his cells, many on each one, that are so small that they can basically grab molecule chains and move them around. Things like diamond and other carbon bonded materials take longer to rip apart, due to them having stronger bonds than those of other elements. (plastics are easy to rip apart)
Claymoor can eat carbon based things too, but that is only good for assembling things inside his body, like if he eats a bunch of diamonds, he can slowly rip them apart and reassemble them into a different shape.

His brain is backed up to hundreds of different hard drives across the galaxy, and one cell always stays with each of them.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 pm

I explained to you how a normal silicon based lifeform would differ from a carbon based one. However, according to that article Claymoor is augmented. There is no way to organically build that battery, he needs a supply of palladium.

That sheet is better, but I still think it needs a more potent weakness. This is a balance issue, not a scientific one. It's up to Maxx to decide though.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:43 am

(a) You can't assume that anyone knows anything about silicon.

(b) What exactly is a Shraacs?

(c) I know several weaknesses of Claymoor's but not everyone does. Your weaknesses need to be explicit. Also you never said if Claymoor is actually bulletproof. If you snuck up on him and shot him, he'd still be wounded.

Weaknesses of Claymoor that I know of:
1) things that would destroy every one of his cells (ie big explosions, disintegration, acid bath, getting hit by a train)
2) Being snuck up on (sure a single bullet won't do much damage, but a Red Legion Disintegrator Bullet would spray him with molten tungsten and essentially disintegrate part of him.
3) Necrosis (ie venom)

Also, how quickly do Claymoor's cells divide? How fast can he regenerate?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 am

If your talking to me, we know plenty of things about silicon... Now we can only theorize about silicon based life. However, what I presented wasn't my theories. I got it from NASA. Anyways it's not even relevant since he's using batteries instead of mitosis.

Those are logical weaknesses that would make Claymoormore realistic and well rounded.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 am

I'm talking about Claymoor, not you TN. Synthetic cells can't divide of my knowledge meaning that Claymoor can't regenerate. Unless you simply use the sci fi suspension of disbelief and say that we discovered how.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 4:15 am

I don't think his cells are synthetic, but they can't be 100% natural either. The main reason I see for doing this is to patch weaknesses, because it doesn't do much for flavor. The sheet gives me that impression overall. I mean in the other section it says Claymoor's brain is backed up to hundreds of hard drives located all over the place. That essentially makes him unkillable, since nobody is going to be able to destroy them all. Not to mention that should be in the main sheet.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

I did that so Emma could try to destroy them all, and that article, I was not saying that exact kind of battery, just something similar. And I stated in the character sheet that he has a protective mucus, that mucus protects him from acids and viruses, his cells also are silicon, so many of the poisons that effect carbon based life forms, will not effect him. Steve... Come on, a train? when is claymore going to be standing on a railroad track? I mean really... he would just go splat, and any cell that didn't directly receive kinetic energy would be mostly undamaged. And you cant really "sneak up" on him, his cells each have ocular sensors and fast refreshing pigment cells all over them. So if you start walking up behind him, he will see you with the eyes in the back of his head. (well... all over him really) And no, he is not bulletproof, because that would be OP, but the bullets do minimal damage to him, because A: Only the cells that the bullet hit would be fatally damaged, not really surrounding tissue, like in us weak humans. 2:I think I mentioned that his reflexes are superb, meaning that he can kind of dodge bullets, by opening up a hole through his body wherever the guy is aiming.

An explosion... Only the fireball part would harm him badly, he is a lot like living jello, so the shockwave would only kill a few hundred cells. (I decreased the size of the cells to be a whole lot smaller than last time, now they are 453 times as big as normal human cells)
Although a disintegrator bullet would wound him pretty badly.

His regeneration is due to cells reproducing and replacing dead/very damaged cells, and its decently fast, the more available silicon the better.

@: True night: Oooh getting pretty close to something that is going to be revealed IC side.

@ Steve: I know that no one knows about silicon life forms, I also know that in a universe this size... Pretty much anything (that is explainable) is possible.
But if it is twisting you guys's Giblets so badly, I'll just switch to carbon, because i'm a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Optional reading:

I would go into more detail on what exactly you could do with that, but I'm personally to lazy and Taco can do it himself. But, in layman's terms, the composition of a room temperature single celled silicone based life form is or can be dangerously self destructive if exposed to the correct atmospheric or chemical conditions simply because of the greater instability of silicone and it's various compounds.

Last edited by Consultant Timelord on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:16 pm

Not really a good reason to have it, and still doesn't explain why it's in the other section. In order to kill Claymoor one already has to kill all the cells in his body, which makes hundreds of backups excessive.

Silicon, carbon, makes no differences to me. What's "twisting our giblets" is that you won't give him an actual weakness, not even one he would have. Even now your trying to out science us and ignoring the crux of the problem.

Anyways Maxx is going on a trip, he might have already left, so this will have to wait a couple days.

@GodMod: I know Claymoor isn't that powerful of a character. That block of text isn't going to be helpful to most people, so maybe help him put some of that on his sheet.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 pm

It's mostly to help Taco with his sheet. He asked me to outline some of the weaknesses for him.

@Taco:

Last edited by Consultant Timelord on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Exactly.

I did already know about the not very high computing power, I just like bothering Emma. Each cell has 12 neurons in it, sorry, didn't specify that. So not cockroach, CAT!

And me and Emma though what if we gave him a carbon based metabolism where his cell structure is still silicon. We both thought the sand would be hilarious, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 pm

@Taco: Get out of my rp. You are not joining if you're going to be a jackass.

@Emma: You're breaking our rules. I specifically stated that there were to be NO OVERLY-SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:50 am

Jackass? I was apologizing. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 3:46 am

I was attempting to prevent a already existing argument from continuing any further by presenting facts that Taco can't and won't argue with. From now on, I will censor any scientific explanation exceeding the length of one paragraph as Optional reading so as not to inconvenience anyone.

And Taco, that, was not an apology. That, was a passive aggressive I'm-going-to-change-history continuation of an argument. If you want your sheet accepted, explain things in your own words and don't just provide searchable names, words and brands. Write your sheet like how you actually explain your character verbally. If it's that hard to use text, just take mom's phone and have Siri translate it for you. Or better yet, stop one-finger typing.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:18 pm

That was an apology, this is passive aggressive: I most humbly apologize for my most grievous of deeds, please forgive my heart stricken soul.

I don't one finger type, and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 am

Stop arguing or I'll hit you both over the head with a sledgehammer. I need True Night, Allen, and Emma to post before I do again so that we don't get out of sync.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Waiting on GM to post.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:22 am

And I'm waiting on maxx
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:24 am

who is waiting on GM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next