Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed

Go down 
+5
Absolutely not Prussian
Canis_dirus
True Night
God-Mod
Maxx
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 am

Considering the human speed record is 27.78 mph.....
And the bench press record is between over 1000 pounds....
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:07 am

TIL I should look things up before doing things
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:12 am

its ok, and those are records. Most people bench several hundred pounds and run around 20-25 mph.
Your speed is kind of low however
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 am

Yes, I'll fix that. Expect a buffed-out version of Kimir tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 1:57 am

Canis_dirus wrote:
its ok, and those are records. Most people bench several hundred pounds and run around 20-25 mph.
Your speed is kind of low however

Most people do not bench several hundred pounds.
Back to top Go down
Canis_dirus
Shadecaster
Canis_dirus

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 am

By several I mean between 200 and 300. I know multiple people here that do, so perhaps not most people, but it can be done and isn't totally uncommon.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:59 am

I have completed my picture of Jenny.

Take a gander:

Last edited by True Night on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Cool.

Anyways, does anyone here know how to do that link-y thing with character sheets?
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:53 pm

I know how to do that.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Alright. Exactly how do you do that?

Also, I think I'm going to make a character thread. Once I do, just copy/paste your sheets over there.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Go to the persons profile, statistics, posts, find all messages posted by them, then find the character sheet they submitted and copy it's direct link.

You may have to do some digging since sheets have been up for a few days.

Last edited by True Night on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Ok. I'll try it.

EDIT: I found the post. Which one is the direct link?

EDIT2: nvm. I figured it out. Thanks TN

Last edited by Maxx on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JunkMail
Murderator
JunkMail

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Maxx, next time you get the chance can you send in a call for Operator?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplex.com
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

TheⓍperator wrote:
Maxx, next time you get the chance can you send in a call for Operator?

WHO DARES DISTURB MY OOC?????????

Yeah sure. Sorry I keep forgetting about that rp.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:04 pm

Character Vault is up. Copy/paste your sheets over there (and remember to keep links).

EDIT: I'm going to try and start the IC up this weekend. I'm still waiting on a few players.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 am

Accepted TN

I'm going to start working on the IC now.
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 am

So, here's my edited version.

Name: Kimir

Gender: Male (Binokalians are usually genderless, though they can change their gender to male or female at will. So, if he wants, he can turn into a female)

Species: Binokalian (Kimir has a bionic tail, as well as a bionic left eye)

Appearance: Binokalians look a bit like two-legged Komodo dragons. Their average height is about 7 feet tall (Kimir is 6' 11"), and their average weight is about 200 pounds (Kimir is 213, thanks in part to the bionics). The head is a foot long, and half a foot thick, and has two long, bony ridges on the sides. Their eyes are naturally an amber color. Their tail is around six feet long (Kimir's is actually a foot longer). Their skin is smooth, but wrinkled around the base of the tail, the neck, and other joints in he body. The skin color is never constant around the head and neck. Much like a chameleon, Binokalians can change their skin color, but only around the head and neck. The rest of the skin is usually either pistachio green or dark green (Kimir's skin is dark green.) They have four fingers, and two opposable digits on each hand. Their feet are very dinosaur-like, and don't allow much room for shoes.

Kimir's eyes are amber, but the cybernetic eye is a shade of dark blue.

Kimir's clothes are purple and lavender robes. He doesn't wear shoes or any footwear.

Personality: Kimir is very awkward. There are not very many Binokalians in Port Argis, and he has tried to blend in with the crowd. He has a very odd sense of humor (e.g. trying to crack a joke after someone hurt themselves) that is not very uncommon in Binokalian society. He has a low ego, and doesn't have many friends. In danger, He mans up and uses the skills he was taught to either escape or fight off the threat.

History/backstory: Kimir was born on the Binokalian-owned planet of Dyur. He was born with a deformed tail, and it had to be amputated. Normally, he would have been a lost cause, but with the invention of bionics, Kimir's life was able to be saved. He was trained by his parents and village elders on how to hunt, fight, and survive. When he was 17, he and his parents hitched a ride on a spaceship and rode to Port Argis. He attempted to fit into this strange new society, but was always very awkward and ended up not making many friends. At the age of 19, he started working as a trader and bought his own house. He started visiting planets to collect rares and valuables in order to make a living selling them at Toron Station. Even though he is socially awkward, he still convinces many to buy his products.

Powers/skills: Kimir is excellent at exploring and fighting, which is why he visits strange, far-off planets so much. He has fought off wild animals, survived a night in temperatures below zero, and negotiated with native tribes.

Kimir is fairly athletic for his kind, and can sprint quickly (~22mph) for 25 seconds before tiring. He can jog for much longer; he can jog for about two miles before tiring. His arm strength doesn't seem to live up to his bionic tail; he can lift about as much as the average human, for about as long as the average human. With his arms, he is able to carry around 120 pounds without much strain, and up to 170 pounds with a lot of effort. He can carry up to 200 pounds on his back, with some strain.

His bionic eye takes the place of an organic eye that was rendered useless in a fight during his travels. To Kirim, the bionic eye is a sign of a mistake that he had made, and doesn't like it in the slightest.

Kimir isn't fond of his bionic tail, either, but it actually does have some advantages. First of all, it's prehensile, and a lot more flexible than a Binokalian organic tail. It is also able to carry very heavy things up to 700 pounds, with some strain.

Weaknesses: Kimir can sometimes bite off more than he can chew. Once, while stealing an artifact from a tribe, he foolishly decided to stop running and fight them off. He might have been killed has an accomplice not jumped in to save him. His cybernetics can occasionally glitch, which may cause his bionic eye to stop working or cause his bionic tail to make him lose balance. However, these glitches are rare; he has spent a lot of money to make sure that they're in working order.

Weapons:
-A pulse rifle. For ammunition, it doesn't rely on physical bullets. It instead relies on energy. The energy is a bit like a bundle of electricity, which has the ability to either stun the target or kill them, depending on where it is aimed. It is a type of laser weapon. The weapon itself isn't very accurate.
-A small, handheld railgun
-A rarely-used machete
-A "Flashstaff," Used by the Binokalians as a flashlight, a spear, and a staff. It is six feet long.

Home: Kimir lives in a small home at the edge of the Zeta district. His home is small and wedged in between larger buildings, but the inside reveals that he makes plenty of money off of his job.

Job: Kimir is a trader that sells merchandise in Toron Station, though, occasionally, he'd sell items at the basketball stadium. Kimir usually either purchases his merchandise, or takes it himself from a far-off planet.

other: Biiiiooooo

Summed up, Kimir can now run at up to 22 mph for up to 25 seconds, and jog for much longer before tiring. He can pick up 120 pounds with his arms without much trouble, and 170 pounds at most. He can carry up to 200 pounds on his back with strain. The only thing I'm not changing is the Flashstaff, because it's not really as advanced as it sounds. Basically, you can get a 6-foot metal rod, a knife, and a flashlight, tape them to either end, and you have a Flashstaff.

I'm really sorry you had to hold my hand through this, Maxx. I'm just... Not good with details.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:08 am

Alright Prussia. I've had a change of heart. Kimir is accepted. Just be careful, okay?
Back to top Go down
Absolutely not Prussian
Giver
Absolutely not Prussian

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 5:22 am

Well, actually, I don't think I'll let him go in yet. I'll just follow the advice you gave me in the chatbox, since you revealed to me that some people here are pretty powerful.

I'm at least gonna try to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:50 am

Finished Pescus' sheet. I'm working on the IC now.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:46 pm

IC is up.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Sweet, gonna check it out now.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Erm, im back now, and I have a few things to say, ONE: I am going to edit my sheet soon. TWO: if Jenny is a robot then why does she have the uh... breasty thingys? batteries? grenades? DECOR!? WHAT THE HELL!? ONLY MAMMALS HAVE THOSE!!!
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:00 am

Dr. Taco. wrote:
TWO: if Jenny is a robot then why does she have the uh... breasty thingys? batteries? grenades? DECOR!? WHAT THE HELL!? ONLY MAMMALS HAVE THOSE!!!

She's supposed to look like a human. Guess what humans have?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
Artist out of Work

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:01 am

Dr. Taco. wrote:
Erm, im back now, and I have a few things to say, ONE: I am going to edit my sheet soon. TWO: if Jenny is a robot then why does she have the uh... breasty thingys? batteries? grenades? DECOR!? WHAT THE HELL!? ONLY MAMMALS HAVE THOSE!!!

Come on Taco, she needs something for people to look at. =P
"Breasty things." lololololololol. I'm using that from now on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next