Roleplex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplex is a place to make stories and collaborate with other writers in new ways of writing

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed

Go down 
+5
Absolutely not Prussian
Canis_dirus
True Night
God-Mod
Maxx
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:21 am

And I said you couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Lord of All Clever and Useless Memes
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 am

*resigned sigh* Talk to Emma.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 4:00 am

I talked to Emma and I still say no. That is equivalent to your character standing on the top of the World Trade center when it collapsed plus the force of an actual bomb going off. The shockwave combined with you falling from that high into the debris of a collapsed building (and probably being crushed once you hit the bottom) would kill even Claymoor.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 1:39 pm

He didn't fall, he floated down with a parachute. I mentioned that. How tall is the building anyways?

EDIT: Emma says this knife doesn't look cool, she is so wrong. Don't you guys agree?
http://images.ontheedgebrands.com/get/w/400/h/400/A19-SCHA3CBS.image?notfound=notavailable
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:59 pm

The Hotel is around 8-9 stories, as the expense of pumping such a large volume of water from the top to bottom of anything higher would make a sky scraper impractical in the extreme. And, with the added factor of the weight and required transparency of the building and its supports, anything higher would be a safety hazard as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mimicry25.com
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 pm

I was thinking skyscraper tall. How about a large glass shard ripping off the wing of his transport ship?
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 pm

That would depend on what his ship was made of, how high it was flying and how he got clearance to fly a ship at a low altitude over a residential area.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Both of you be quiet. Either Claymoor isn't on the top of the building or my mystery villain tosss him in the sewer and lets the nanobots eat him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 12:08 am

There wouldn't even be a sewer in a city like that. Editing post...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 12:21 am

The city's sewage system is crawling with nanobot swarms that break down waste and pollutants and turn them into more nanobots. Nothing can survive getting attacked by them.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:01 am

:/ I didn't say anything about the nanobots...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:04 am

You said "There wouldn't even be a sewer in a city like that". I was explaining the sewer system to you. And where else is your waste supposed to go?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:51 am

An incinerator. Then onto the rose garden.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 2:24 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:11 am

Well, either way, I know where I'm having my serial killer dump the bodies of their victims. The nano bots would destroy all the evidence for him.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:09 pm

I need someone to acknowledge Claymoor's presence in order to post again...
Back to top Go down
God-Mod
Shadecaster
God-Mod

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:05 pm

Exo's head kind of just exploded, Voxel is an unconscious blob of jello, Agatha is preoccupied and her noticing Claymoor before Stephen and True Night have responded wouldn't make for a very long and/or interesting post. I suspect Stephen someone enjoys killing/knocking my characters senseless more than is healthy/and/or normal. So, Taco, you understand why I cannot help you in this matter.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Taco.
Dr. Taco.

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 pm

... I said someone, not Godmod. So just save your snarkiness for another day.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 am

Oh please we all know Exo is fun to kill. And the natural thing to do there is to taze Voxel.
Back to top Go down
Dragonbud
Punk Rock
Dragonbud

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:30 am

I should post buttttttttt. I'm lazy
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:27 am

Not going to matter if I read the global correctly, and if it's to be trusted.

EDIT: It's not, so I posted.
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Ok guys, so this rp hasn't worked out too well lately. I have another idea for a different sci-fi/fantasy rp, but I want your approval on it before I do anything. Basically it would be a replacement. I'd kill this rp and make that one so we could all have new characters and could attract other members. Here's a synopsis:

This rp will be steampunk. It will be set in Starport, an airship port on a floating island. Unlike Cyborgs, members will be able to travel to other islands and to the mainland using airships. The rp revolves around a war between two armies: the Red Legion (they were originally a Steampunk army anyways) and the Theratonian Empire (a massive trade-centered empire with an awesome navy that resembled Civil War American combined with Feudal Japan). The Theratonians are being handedly defeated, and so turn to a brilliant (but troubled) inventor named Shaun Sharon, who has invented a device that could not only turn the tides of war, but prevent it from ever happening: a time-traveling pocket watch. The only problem: the inventor has gone missing, and no one else knows how to work the device. Our characters will be agents of either organization (the Theratonians or the Red Legion) and will be both trying to take the watch and trying to search the flying islands for the inventor so they can use the watch to destroy the enemy army.

I will only make this rp if you guys want me to. I want your approval before I do it.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 9:50 pm

Maybe. I sorta want to reuse Jenny somewhere, but my time will come eventually. I also have some Steampunk ideas. I made a character for the Steampunk Roleplaying game Tephra, and only ended up playing one session. Could recreate that character in this format I suppose. It will ultimately depend on who else is interested.

A guarantee or counter measure of sorts to keep you interested would be nice. It's one thing if the players lose interest, but when the GM does...
Back to top Go down
Maxx
Cosmic Wanderer
Maxx

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Ok. How about I put my rp honor on the line? If I lose interest in this rp, I won't make another one. I have a few conditions to that, though;

1) It has to be because I personally just lost interest (in this example, I was not the only one)

2) If the rp dies for a reason because of me but not because I got bored with it (for example, leaving due to schoolwork) this does not count.

3) if the rp has under 5 members and I kill it, I do not lose my rp-making privileges.

However, if you have any better ideas, I'm open to them.
Back to top Go down
True Night
Killer
True Night

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Seems fine to me. Now to see who else is interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed   Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawn of the Cyborgs OOC/ Closed
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next